Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition (14524 Views)

David Mark Under Fire For Praising Buhari, PDP Blasts Him / I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan / El-Rufai Has No Regrets For Abuja Demolitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Aderostock(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, has hit back at his critics within the Peoples Democratic Party who condemned him for showering encomium on Governor Rauf Aregbesola for his performance in Osun State.

Tambuwal, who spoke in Ilawe-Ekiti on Saturday after he was conferred with the chieftaincy title of Bobagunwa by the Alawe of Ilawe, Oba Ajibade Alabi, said he was not the speaker for the PDP alone but for the whole country.

Tambuwal said, “I was criticised for commending Osun State governor’s performance but I will always speak the truth. If somebody is doing well we have to commend such person, whether they are in the PDP, Action Congress of Nigeria or in any party.

“I am not the speaker of a political party. I am the speaker for the whole Nigeria. Governor Kayode Fayemi has also done well and he should continue with the good work.”

The speaker had in Osogbo during the launch of Opon Imo, an initiative of Osun State governor lauded Aregbesola, who is a member of the opposition ACN, for his achievements in the last three years.

The PDP Chairman in the state, Mr. Ganiyu Olaoluwa, had said Tambuwal’s comment was unbecoming of a national leader of the party.

Olaoluwa said the speaker’s comment raised posers as to whether he “is a member of the PDP or a supporter of Aregbesola.”

But the speaker, who said he was undeterred by the criticisms, also lauded Fayemi for his performance in Ekiti State since he assumed office and urged the governor to do more.

Tambuwal has been rumoured to be associating with the opposition raising speculation that he might be suspended by the PDP.

Fayemi, in his speech also described Tambuwal as a great leader who should be emulated by others, adding that his leadership style had stabilised the lower House.

The monarch also hailed Fayemi for his transformation of the state, saying the state had not witnessed such transformation before.

He, however, appealed to the governor to fast-track his plan to build a hospital in the town.

Alabi said, “We thank the state government for the plans to build a modern hospital and a housing estate in Ilawe-Ekiti. It is our hope that work will commence in earnest at the sites already given by the community for the projects.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-have-no-regret-praising-opposition-tambuwal/

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Aderostock(m): 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
wow! where are the PDP leglickers? Tambuwal has finished them. I will like to hear from insincere nigeria, tahaqa, lostpope, tomakint, anonimi and the rest 35 laptop dogs

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by egift(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
PDP is using the "Anti-Party" phrase to detaste governors from the opposition who are doing well, while turning a blind eye to PDP governor who are running their states to the ground.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Horlazuncanmi(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
He is a democrat that sees good things and say it,Osun PDP should get life

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
Tambuwal said, "I was criticised for commending Osun State governor's performance but I will always speak the truth. If somebody is doing well we have to commend such person, whether they are in the PDP, Action Congress of Nigeria
or in any party.
"I am not the speaker of a political party. I am the speaker for the whole Nigeria.

God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Garrithe1st: 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nice one from Tam. This guy is one very sophisticated politician....

7 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Gbawe: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
Aderostock: wow! where are the PDP leglickers? Tambuwal has finished them. I will like to hear from insincere nigeria, tahaqa, lostpope, tomakint, anonimi and the rest 35 laptop dogs

See their rabid antics below where one mad dog foaming at the mouth because I praised Tambuwal precisely for this quality of rising above pettiness to be about progress and performance. These GEJ fans are an embarrassment. All of them are uncouth and hateful agberos. Also, have you noticed how virtually all GEJ supporters here have a very rigid for-us-or-against-us mentality? I.e the sort that would predispose them to hating Tambuwal passionately because he does not appear azz-lickingly and openly pro-GEJ ?

https://www.nairaland.com/1329486/formidable-team-rescue-nigeria-2015#16337277

Garri the 1st: Nice one from Tam. This guy is one very sophisticated politician....

Precisely what I said in the thread above to leave GEJ azzlickers palpitating.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
We may have to settle for this Tambuwal/Fashola ticket. I hope Buhari just gives his blessing to this ticket.

5 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Gbawe: 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Topic.

Personally, I think Nigeria needs more politicians like Tambuwal. I.e those able to rise above partisanship when it matters and when honesty and integrity, in the greater interest of society, is required. This is why I first became a huge fan of Ribadu and El Rufai. Little known is that both men, while still working for OBJ and by extension the PDP, showed up at a political rally to support the governorship ambition of Comrade Oshiomhole.

They both made definitive statements at the event to indicate that they defied Partisan loyalty to show up and support Oshiomhole because his leadership qualities and appeal transcends Party and sectional affiliation. They felt Oshiomhole represented one of the leaders all Nigerians should support. From then on, I saw those two as sophisticated individuals committed to the progress of Nigeria. Same holds for Tambuwal.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by dayokanu(m): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2013
The should sanction Chukwumerije too
The Upper Chamber of the National Assembly on Tuesday challenged other governors of the federation to learn from the educational policies being put in Osun if indeed, they are set their states on the path of educational glory.

The Chairman Senate Committee on Education, Chief Uche Chukwumerijie, while leading the Senate Committee on Education on an oversight visit to the state others, must drop their party affiliations and sentiments because what is happening in Osun is capable of rescuing the country’s rotten education sector.
This was even as the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola held that Nigeria will not make an appreciable progress if her focus is only on the executive arm of government. Senator Chukwumerijie who led other members including the wife of the former Governor of Lagos state, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Prof. Olusola Adeyeye, Senator Atiku Bagudu among others said the visit is a mark of respect and solidarity in showing appreciation for the wonders and feat that the young administration of Aregbesola has achieved in Osun.

In his words, "The states and the country owed Governor Aregbesola a lot of gratitude for promptly laying a formidable foundation for education in the state.

I will like to use this opportunity to advise other states irrespective of your political affiliation. You must drop your ego and learn from the people oriented projects and programmes of Governor Aregbesola.
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu: The should sanction Chukwumerije too

To PDP, it is anti-party activitiy to praise any good thing done by opposition party in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
payless:

To PDP, it is anti-party activitiy to praise any good thing done by opposition party in Nigeria.

Hmmm, seemed like Tinubu bribed this one as well. SMH for those Anti-SW GEJerz grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by nairaman66(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
In Nigeria, the government will-

*Criticize/jail you for saying the truth.

*Give Amnesty to miscreants e.g Militants from the ND and BH from the North and yet complain- Nigeria is broke.

*Encourage corruption by ways of re-current expenditure in government owned offices.

Unemployment is sky-rocketing, yet they will tell you we are creating jobs. e.g SURE-P

Na which kind country be this sef?

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by kkkp: 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
Puuuuuuuuuuhaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by mmmustapha(m): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
I think wat tambuwal did was praising d performing governor n he really deserve it
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nigeria and its jagajaga politics.

Tufiakwa.
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by creativemusic: 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
Things grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin fall apart part 3 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by braine(m): 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
I like this man. With they way the Osun PDP criticised this dude, I don't think the party should be supported at all. It means they don't know good governance; and how can they deliver it if they don't know what it is? We need more optimistic people like Tam.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
braine: I like this man

Me too.
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by christ4mi(f): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
I love this guy. He got balls, and he is not afraid to speak his mind, Ibo leaders learn from him

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by donem: 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nice one Mr Speaker, keep it up good performance must always be applauded and acknowledged.
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by bankyblue(m): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
All this big bois no what they re doing! Today the praise them self
And tomorrow the go to court. The common things that brings them
Together is the looting of our treasurer

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Policewoman(f): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
Tambuwal has always been a mole in PDP. The sooner he is taken care of the better.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by duality(m): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
Its normal for humans to react that way. ACN will do the same if Lie Mohamad commends the strides of PDP. To me Tambuwal is just playing to the gallery. Besides, he has never openly commended the positives strides of his Party men; Not even Rotimi his bosom friend.

So he should keep quiet and face his legislative duties. He should not forget that the legislator has not passed any groundbreaking bill under his watch. apart from the 80-70 Dollar oil bench mark grandstanding.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by braine(m): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
Policewoman: Tambuwal has always been a mole in PDP. The sooner he is taken care of the better.

Policewoman! I'm not suprised at this comment of yours. You are an arm of PDP; the party against good governance.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Policewoman(f): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
braine:

Policewoman! I'm not suprised at this comment of yours. You are an arm of PDP; the party against good governance.
And ACN abi APC/CPC is the party for good governance abi?

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
Even GEJ praised Fashola's innovation of the Eko Atlantic City project.
Last Bullet: If it hurts some members of PDP cos Tambuwal praised the goodwork of Aregbesola, they should send him out of PDP.
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by Hamazz1: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
payless: We may have to settle for this Tambuwal/Fashola ticket. I hope Buhari just gives his blessing to this ticket.
d prblm is pickin smebdy wt a pdp history definately by now d pdp mst have some dirt dt cn mk nigerians dispaise him.dsame antics dt lead to former kebbi gov adamu aleiro yanking to thm after treating to expose his corruption rendervous.
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by braine(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2013
Policewoman: And ACN abi APC/CPC is the party for good governance abi?

Apparently, yes. Its soo obvious, that your 'mole' had to point it out to you. grin

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by ddeola: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
Good one ! Let the truth be told because it will always prevail no matter what. Aregbesola must not relent in delivering to the good people of Osun state. Tambuwal is the speaker of the federal republic of Nigeria and not fee-dee-fee
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by egift(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
Policewoman: Tambuwal has always been a mole in PDP. The sooner he is taken care of the better.
Are you sure all is well? Madam you seem to have a removable brain.
Re: Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition by ddeola: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2013

The police way abi? Wetin concern U with politics? Police ko, Olopa ni ! God no go gree for una. U pple wey corruption don bcom una blood tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola To Create 31 Local Councils More In Osun / Fulani Hersdmen Kill More In Benue..vanguard / Fayose: "I Will Become A Pastor After Retiring From Politics"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.