Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45547 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by GHPATRIOT(m): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
toshmann:
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN cheesy

Hmmm! Come to think of it, what is wrong with what the UK is about to do? Ghana and Nigeria, two leading economies in West Africa which are supposed to be natural allies together and to Britain can't get their act together and stand up to Britain, then I guess Britain will have the balls to do what it wants to do.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=30pt]Instead of UK to tell us that they are broke and they need money to revive their economy... They are bringing useless laws[/size]

No I actually think it’s the opposite…they are trying to keep the broke azzz 419 Negros out of their country….sound more like it…how can you blame them? You cant
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 1009ja: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nigerians should saty home. If only Nigerians truely know what daily living entails in these foreign countries, they will sit tight in their own villas.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by turl(m): 11:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
eddiebomba:

My guy, please park well! Anybody here talking about us retaliating with our own parallel policy is just a petty squabbler exhibiting hypocritically false patriotism & sour grapes. There's only one reason why the UK would come up with policies such as this: to protect their quality of life from those whose sole aim of going into their country is to constitute a drain on their own resources & systems. Let's face the glaring fact of why so many of our people run over to their country: THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE IS FAR SUPERIOR TO OUR OWN. Tell me who has the better social and physical infrastructure - the better transport system, public facilities, more effective educational system, viable healthcare, security apparatus, accountable government&judiciary - even in the face of a recession hitting their economy? Why do you think the average Briton is nowhere near as desperate to come down and settle in Nigeria as we are to get over there? The simple truth is that many of us go there to enjoy their superior quality of life, which we in this country are collectively TOO SELFISH to provide for each other (case in point: we buying the best &latest cars, only for us to drive them on the worst roads!). Its not Nigerians or any other nationals who made British society what it is - its the Brits themselves!

And so what if Nigerians are one of the largest shopping groups in the UK - u think they don't suspect we're coming to shop in their country with stolen government money?! To those of us who are quick to absolve ourselves of responsibility for the corruption that is so rife in our country - a country whose people are too wussy (yes, WUSSY) to confront their corrupt leaders &force them to do the right thing, eg the fuel subsidy protests & probe, which both died with a whimper - don't be so offended if they consider the generality of us as accomplices, so they refuse to let us spend our -rightly or wrongly - ill-gotten wealth in their country as a matter of principle. I tell you, if we come up with our own counter bond, we'll be a huge laughing stock to them, & our pleasure-loving political elite know it - that's why they won't try it! Besides, they (the elite) can afford to put up the £3,000 bond for themselves, so they won't even bother challenging it - Nigerian selfishness, remember!

See people getting butt hurt over facts lol. It's the sad truth but it's the truth nonetheless. The UK provides a way better quality of life than Nigeria. As long as our leaders continue to be greedy and we continue to do nothing, we just won't go anywhere.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by autonomy: 2:15am On Jun 25, 2013
May God punish them.with 3000 pounds,u re more than made in naija.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2013
This is a great thing for the U.K. and well done for thinking of this.
All the corrupt Nigerian politicians spending their millions of money in Uk will have no problem paying the bond.
The only people affected are the Truk pushers and cafe rat, yahoo yahoo people who have nothing worth spending.
These are the type going to markets to buy second hand clothes and broken phones from oyinbos to re-sell back home.
They add nothing to UK economy unlike big spending Ogas from government departments and rich buisnessmen.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by otondo55: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2013
Nigeria Government/Leadership only makes one sick...if not who born them !
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Glamour4real: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2013
is not by force and i think is better so we can stay back in our country to make it better
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Glamour4real: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2013
if not that our leaders are sucking us dry and turning our God so blessed country with rich natural resources to curses what on earth will a nigerian be looking for in the UK. what does Britain have to start with, absolutely nothing. all they have is bad weather,junk foods etc. we are better than them if we have good leaders.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 10:45am On Jun 25, 2013
Glamour4real: if not that our leaders are sucking us dry and turning our God so blessed country with rich natural resources to curses what on earth will a nigerian be looking for in the UK. what does Britain have to start with, absolutely nothing. all they have is bad weather,junk foods etc. we are better than them if we have good leaders.

If they got nothing why then are you complaining? You should be happy and save your 3000 pounds after-all Nigeria is better and you have everything you want in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by funnyx(m): 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
justwise:

If they got nothing why then are you complaining? You should be happy and save your 3000 pounds after-all Nigeria is better and you have everything you want in Nigeria

grin grin grin don't mind him he's just consoling himself.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by butta(m): 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nigerians should stop ranting why won't UK Government tell you people to pay 3,000 pound bond money since your country nigeria is a hell hole and you all keep running to their country to do what I may ask? how many brits come to nigeria in a year I bet they don't bother and can't be bothered to come to nigeria and some Nigerians make themselves cheap over there in the name of hustling doing degrading and despicable jobs just to survive anyway UK has nothing to offer you all rather they want to collect the small money you have since they know you all love their country and besides britain is like an old lady that has past its prime she has nothing to offer u
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
butta: and besides britain is like an old lady that has past its prime she has nothing to offer u
Just fresh clean water running on tap.
Electricity 24 / 7 /365days per year.
Roads with tarmac surface that you can drive on.
Rail service for transport.
Streets which are safe to walk without area boys on every corner.
Police who are not worse than the criminals and who will not rob you.
Government that is not openly corrupt and stealing every bit of countries wealth.
Health system with good doctors, medicine and equipment.
Schools for all children.
Quality universities without killers.
Can't be bothered posting any more, the list of why UK. is better than failed Nigeria is endless.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by butta(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
worry 359:
Just fresh clean water running on tap.
Electricity 24 / 7 /365days per year.
Roads with tarmac surface that you can drive on.
Rail service for transport.
Streets which are safe to walk without area boys on every corner.
Police who are not worse than the criminals and who will not rob you.
Government that is not openly corrupt and stealing every bit of countries wealth.
Health system with good doctors, medicine and equipment.
Schools for all children.
Quality universities without killers.
Can't be bothered posting any more, the list of why UK. is better than failed Nigeria is endless.
of course d UK is better than nigeria no doubt for now these are infrastructures that can be put in place anytime pls take note u UK people have nothing u all live to pay and service all u just mentioned and when I am sure u r one of those lucky nigerians that lick butt just to be in the UK
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
butta
I am sure that YOU on the other hand are one of those Nigerials that have failed to leave the failed country and are so bitter and twisted that all they can do is rubbish other people.

Sent from my chambers in England using electricity and broadband internet. grin

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by funnyx(m): 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
worry 359: butta
I am sure that YOU on the other hand are one of those Nigerials that have failed to leave the failed country and are so bitter and twisted that all they can do is rubbish other people.

Sent from my chambers in England using electricity and broadband internet. grin

He he he cheesy grin grin lwtmb
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Chinwem(f): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
butta: of course d UK is better than nigeria no doubt for now these are infrastructures that can be put in place anytime pls take note u UK people have nothing u all live to pay and service all u just mentioned and when I am sure u r one of those lucky nigerians that lick butt just to be in the UK

How about putting them in place now and not the next 100 years!! angry

We dey wait....

Nothing personal, I m just frustrated with this useless government in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dros: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
the british govt are responsible for keeping over 80% of nigerians in poverty - they have got Nigeria neck deep in debt, the money their banks make from the interest generated from these loans alone is what they are using to prop up their welfare state and provide a decent standard of livng for their own people while the vast majority of Nigerians live in poverty as if that isn't bad enough they now expect those who want to escape this poverty to part with a whopping £3,000 - how many average british people can afford to part with £3,000 for a visa?

I dont think you know what you are saying. The UK sustains itself on its tax(all types included) so dont know how much naija money is needed to help UK economy. But ask yourself this. If you are asked to put your hand in fire are you going to do it. Exactly. Nigerians -especially those in power are EXTREMELY CORRUPT that there is no considertaion for others. If this government spends a quater of it generated revenue on the country, no one will leave naija. A family of 6 will travel to the UK on first class excluding shopping, accommodation in a 5 star hotel and so on spending at least 4.5milion naira on one trip haba!
The next question is what is in the UK that is not in naigeria? A lot.
I work in the NHS, and during my night on call a 2yr old was brought in after choking on an orange segment. He had no respiratory effort, no heart beat and on our (myself and the paediatric consultant) arrival was dead. CPR was commenced before we arrived and luckily the anaesthetic registrar was in the Accident and emergency. He managed to remove the the orange segment but still nothing. The boy was intubated, chest compression continued, we drilled into the large bone of the lower leg, put a tube in and gave adrenaline as no vein could be found as his heart has stopped. His heart began to beat. Chest compression continued until his heart could sustain itself. Ventilation continued. Kids retrieval team arrived and trasfered him to a bigger hospital. He came back to us 2 days later still alive and went home after 4 days of observation. If he had been in Naija he would have been in the grave by now. Yet you compare Naija to the UK!!!!. You are gravely mistaken.
The UK government has policies that work for the UK. Of course i pray and hope that Naija will be better, but from my recent visit (and please dont start that I should come back home and do something, i've been thru that before), we all inhale toxic carbonmonoxide from ur generators, people die prematurely yet people say 'he was well nothing was wrong with him before he died'. Some look for food in gutters (at least governmet give out dole in the UK), others walk barefooted, catch all kinds of diseases to mention few. The rich are blindfolded by their riches thinking the world in is their hands. A nation filled with oppressors. Motorcyclist (yes i understand they can be dangerous) taken off the road blocking their only means of income without consideration to why a graduate would be riding Okada. So you now want him to turn to armed robbery. AND YOU SAY NAIJA IS BOOMING. I REST MY CASE. THIS IS JUST THE TIP F THE ICEBERG

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 1forall: 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
butta: of course d UK is better than nigeria no doubt for now these are infrastructures that can be put in place anytime pls take note u UK people have nothing u all live to pay and service all u just mentioned and when I am sure u r one of those lucky nigerians that lick butt just to be in the UK

Are these services supposed to be free? U want free water, power, roads, transport, education and healthcare?? No wonder u dey vex grin grin
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
dros: the british govt are responsible for keeping over 80% of nigerians in poverty - they have got Nigeria neck deep in debt, the money their banks make from the interest generated from these loans alone is what they are using to prop up their welfare state and provide a decent standard of livng for their own people while the vast majority of Nigerians live in poverty as if that isn't bad enough they now expect those who want to escape this poverty to part with a whopping £3,000 - how many average british people can afford to part with £3,000 for a visa?

I dont think you know what you are saying. The UK sustains itself on its tax(all types included) so dont know how much naija money is needed to help UK economy. But ask yourself this. If you are asked to put your hand in fire are you going to do it. Exactly. Nigerians -especially those in power are EXTREMELY CORRUPT that there is no considertaion for others. If this government spends a quater of it generated revenue on the country, no one will leave naija. A family of 6 will travel to the UK on first class excluding shopping, accommodation in a 5 star hotel and so on spending at least 4.5milion naira on one trip haba!
The next question is what is in the UK that is not in naigeria? A lot.
I work in the NHS, and during my night on call a 2yr old was brought in after choking on an orange segment. He had no respiratory effort, no heart beat and on our (myself and the paediatric consultant) arrival was dead. CPR was commenced before we arrived and luckily the anaesthetic registrar was in the Accident and emergency. He managed to remove the the orange segment but still nothing. The boy was intubated, chest compression continued, we drilled into the large bone of the lower leg, put a tube in and gave adrenaline as no vein could be found as his heart has stopped. His heart began to beat. Chest compression continued until his heart could sustain itself. Ventilation continued. Kids retrieval team arrived and trasfered him to a bigger hospital. He came back to us 2 days later still alive and went home after 4 days of observation. If he had been in Naija he would have been in the grave by now. Yet you compare Naija to the UK!!!!. You are gravely mistaken.
The UK government has policies that work for the UK. Of course i pray and hope that Naija will be better, but from my recent visit (and please dont start that I should come back home and do something, i've been thru that before), we all inhale toxic carbonmonoxide from ur generators, people die prematurely yet people say 'he was well nothing was wrong with him before he died'. Some look for food in gutters (at least governmet give out dole in the UK), others walk barefooted, catch all kinds of diseases to mention few. The rich are blindfolded by their riches thinking the world in is their hands. A nation filled with oppressors. Motorcyclist (yes i understand they can be dangerous) taken off the road blocking their only means of income without consideration to why a graduate would be riding Okada. So you now want him to turn to armed robbery. AND YOU SAY NAIJA IS BOOMING. I REST MY CASE. THIS IS JUST THE TIP F THE ICEBERG

Have you heard of the US owned world bank? Do you know how they operate in Africa, how about the European owned IMF - are you aware that they make billions of dollars from the interest generated from lending money to third world nations ?

Nigeria could have been the leader of the black world had it not been for Europe and America who have worked day and night to keep Nigeria backward and underdeveloped - the west do not want any black nation to ever rise and compete with them because they know that Africa holds all of the world's resources and if allowed to develop unhindered will become a threat to their position as economic world powers.

Nigeria could easily have the kind of health care service that the UK has but the IMF have made sure that we spend more paying the interest on loans borrowed from their corrupt banks than we spend on educating our own people. When you talk about the corruption of our leaders always trace back and find out how those leaders got into those positions in the first place, who is responsible for making sure that Nigeria would only be ruled by the north - Britain. who armed the north against the igbos who tried to secede from the corrupt british created entity known as Nigeria - Britain, who financed and assisted IBB into power - Britain - do you think this same Britain who has done everything possible to keep you backward will ever allow you to prosper? Why is IBB not in prison for the crimes he committed against the Nigerian people? why have all the crooks that have been ruling Nigeria for years been allowed to get away with their crimes ? How come genuine people who try to make a difference in Africa always end up six feet under?

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dros: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
cap28:

Have you heard of the US owned world bank? Do you know how they operate in Africa, how about the European owned IMF - are you aware that they make billions of dollars from the interest generated from lending money to third world nations ?

Nigeria could have been the leader of the black world had it not been for Europe and America who have worked day and night to keep Nigeria backward and underdeveloped - the west do not want any black nation to ever rise and compete with them because they know that Africa holds all of the world's resources and if allowed to develop unhindered will become a threat to their position as economic world powers.

Nigeria could easily have the kind of health care service that the UK has but the IMF have made sure that we spend more paying the interest on loans borrowed from their corrupt banks than we spend on educating our own people. When you talk about the corruption of our leaders always trace back and find out how those leaders got into those positions in the first place, who is responsible for making sure that Nigeria would only be ruled by the north - Britain. who armed the north against the igbos who tried to secede from the corrupt british created entity known as Nigeria - Britain, who financed and assisted IBB into power - Britain - do you think this same Britain who has done everything possible to keep you backward will ever allow you to prosper? Why is IBB not in prison for the crimes he committed against the Nigerian people? why have all the crooks that have been ruling Nigeria for years been allowed to get away with their crimes ? How come genuine people who try to make a difference in Africa always end up six feet under?

@cap 28: You make it sound as if our leaders are under some kind of money spell.
I watched a documentary 2 days ago titled money, greed and oil. It featured Ghana's oil findings and the problems oil created in Nigeria. 2 men from a village in the Delta region were interviewed and they gave account of how they were paid to cut oil pipe running thru the village so that the clean up contract could be given to a so and so company. It turned out, as we all know that no one completes any contract in naija, that the whole village now bathe in spilled oil. One of the guys said he regrets his actions as he was born and brought up in the village. He said 'it was like shooting myself in the leg'. The othe guy said he had no regrets. He said 'if I shoot myself in the leg, so what, as long as someone pays me to do it'. Two different ways of seeing the same problem. If our leaders are not corrupt, no one would have infiltrated them but their minds were already greedy hence it was easy to buy their soul.
Why hasn's the IMF or the US told Fashola off for doing the little he has done so far in Lagos? is the moey allocated to each state going to the IMF as well. How much debt is Naija in? How much does oil generate for the country? Is it that more money is now available to Fashola that Tinubu didnt have?
My friend, if one is determined to do good, no one can stop it talk less of the whole nation standing on their feet to do good. In which county have you heard of some big men syphoning a pipe line into a vessels for their own use/gain.
The former speaker of the house spent millions RENOVATING a house. I guess that was because the IMF/US told her to. Is it that the US and the western world dont engage in business with other nations who do clean business? Even more than they do with naija. I think we need to look at ourselves first before any solution is possible. If we continue to blame others for our demise, then we will sink. End of!

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dros: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
cap28:

@cap 28: You make it sound as if our leaders are under some kind of money spell.
I watched a documentary 2 days ago titled money, greed and oil. It featured Ghana's oil findings and the problems oil created in Nigeria. 2 men from a village in the Delta region were interviewed and they gave account of how they were paid to cut oil pipe running thru the village so that the clean up contract could be given to a so and so company. It turned out, as we all know that no one completes any contract in naija, that the whole village now bathe in spilled oil. One of the guys said he regrets his actions as he was born and brought up in the village. He said 'it was like shooting myself in the leg'. The othe guy said he had no regrets. He said 'if I shoot myself in the leg, so what, as long as someone pays me to do it'. Two different ways of seeing the same problem. If our leaders are not corrupt, no one would have infiltrated them but their minds were already greedy hence it was easy to buy their soul.
Why hasn's the IMF or the US told Fashola off for doing the little he has done so far in Lagos? is the moey allocated to each state going to the IMF as well. How much debt is Naija in? How much does oil generate for the country? Is it that more money is now available to Fashola that Tinubu didnt have?
My friend, if one is determined to do good, no one can stop it talk less of the whole nation standing on their feet to do good. In which county have you heard of some big men syphoning a pipe line into a vessels for their own use/gain.
The former speaker of the house spent millions RENOVATING a house. I guess that was because the IMF/US told her to. Is it that the US and the western world dont engage in business with other nations who do clean business? Even more than they do with naija. I think we need to look at ourselves first before any solution is possible. If we continue to blame others for our demise, then we will sink. End of!

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by funnyx(m): 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
Thank you dros, cap28 and his ilk like to blame others for their self inflicted problems.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dros: 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
cap28:

cap28]

@cap28:
What I'm trying to say is that I do recognise the dilemmas facing Nigeria from the western world. Even if we pay the highest interest rate in the world, and we pay shit loads of money to IMF, if we manage to spend 1/4 of the rest on Nigerians, amenities, health, electricity, road, transport etc, Nigerians can live like or better than those in the UK.
The association of generator dealers bribe so that there is no electricity in order that we can buy more generators, I'm sure that's not the IMF and surely not the US that told us to do so. Contractors send thugs to dig up roads in order for contracts to be awarded- IMF as well? Newly elected local government leaders with their families go for holidays abroad with entourage and most on first class spending OUR MONEY!!! IMF/US government again?
Bro/sis, if you know how much naija's own money change hands/bank accounts in naija gangan, you will cry for the nation.
Did you see pics of Abacha's house? Pure waste of money? We can argue all day long but corruption is now in the life and blood of all Nigerians. Go and check the accounts of our leaders, local government chairmen inclusive, and tell me how many schools, hospitals and good road network that COULD have been built.
How many plane crashes occur and how many planes are ticking time bomb for disaster?. No plane lifts off without been allowed to but those who are supposed to be in charge demand so much money that the operators keep the rest as they need to make profits. Tell me if they have mouth to say someone should not fly a condemned plane after dem don collect money! I guess that is also the IMF and the US government. Richard Branson said Nigeria is the worst place in the world to do business and regrets ever doing business in naija yet still flies to other parts of the world that are also corrupt.
Let me ask you, if you get a contract awarded worth 2billon naira, how much of it would u have to use to bribe and how much will remain for your contract? IMF caused that ba? This is just to mention but a few. My heart bleeds for Nigeria and I truly desire change. We have the best weather all round yet we do nothing with it. I think at this rate, we need miracle for change. Don't even start with churches yet and I'm a Christian if u may ask!!!

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by AjanleKoko: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wait, wait, wait just a second.
Where are the usual paranoid Charleys on Nairaland? I thought their country was so cool, how come the Tories are slamming them alongside Big Bad Naija? cheesy grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by obi2012: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
The western world is responsible for naija's problems? shocked

Naija people too dey blame everyone for their problems.. You go carry all your rent go give pastor, when landlord throws you out, you go begin dey blame devil.. We need to learn to take responsibility for our actions.. Our problems stem from our leaders who make it a point to suck us dry and have us suffering and smiling while they keep on embezzling.. How can a country that has crude oil export it to get refined and then buy it back? How can a country with natural gas, lots of crude, lots of sunlight not have adequate power supply? How can a president eat with 1 billion naira when many people barely have any food?

How can a presidents wife go around bossing people when constitutionally she has no office? How can senators renumeration continually rise and then when they meet to discuss issues that concern the nation, they are busy fist fighting over additional allowances? How can we blame others for our issues when there is no accountability in our system? How can a local government chairman with no education and no other meaningful source of income erect multiple buildings and take numerous trips abroad within two or three months of assuming office and not get questioned? How can the police routinely stop people who have worked hard for their money and extort them daily? How can governors and government officials erect personal buildings worth billions on roads that are dirt roads covered in pot holes? How can government officials spend so lavishly and watch people suffer? How can government officials routinely fly abroad for health checkup's spending millions but wont take the initiative to bring such facilities home?

The list goes on, please, the west is the least of our problems.. We are cursed by crude oil.. The minute we no longer have crude oil, maybe our government officials will learn to be resourceful

6 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by d2ddayo(m): 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
WELL I DONT KNOW MAYBE SOME OF US DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH NI OR WAT CUD BE THE PROBLEM HERE? ALL THEY SAID IS IN QUOTE" IF U OVER STAY, THE MONEY WONT BE RETURNED! AS SIMPLE AS ITS BEEN SPELT...." THEY DIDNT SAY THEY WONT ISSUE VISAS, THEY SAID JUST TO TACKLE THE HIGH RATE OF PEOPLE WHO SEE THERE AS THEIR GREENER PASTURE! NOW WAT WE NEED ASK OUR SELF IS WHY BETRAY THEIR VISA BY OVER STAYING? I ALSO WANT TO GO THERE WHICH VE HAD THE EXPERIENCE, GLORY BE TO GOD, BUT I DONT SEE WHY WE SHUD OVER STAY AND EVEN INDULGE IN FRAUDULENT ACTS WHICH TO BE SINCERE, OUR PIPU RE THE ONES SPOILING THE IMAGE THERE. WELL FOR ME, IF I VE THE MONEY, I WILL GO AND RETURN WEN DUE TO. AND THAT I GET MY MONEY BACK SHIKENA... ITS A GOOD DEVELOPMENT TO ME AND WE TOO CAN DO THAT ON SOM CERTAIN THINGS... SOUTH AFRICA DID IT BACK THEN CALLED REPATRIATION FEE!

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by sovpounds(m): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
worry 359:

All visitors from "At risk" countries with high proportion of visa fraud & overstaying.
Nigeria and Packistan head the list of fraudulant visitors.

According to the British Press where this story originated from it does not apply to all visitors from Nigeria, it would only apply to people who apply for 6 months visa. It would therefore not affect Nigerians who apply for two year and five year visas.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by modash(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2013
I think the bond is unfair because the money is too much, some people would be able to pay just to go their and never come back and others with genuine reason wouldn't be able to make it because the money is too steep, besides their making so much money from our shores that the bond isn't even necessary because for example last month alone the ukba in Nigeria made over 357 million naira just from two category of visas( over six months with 4000 application each would cost at least 72k) and (six months visa about 3457 each being at 20k) info from ukba website from their office in Abuja and Lagos. You can imagine the kind of money their making. It's crazy

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by modash(m): 8:06am On Jul 02, 2013
I think the money above would more than cater for any runaway people that drain their system and social amenities over their. So what do yu guys think?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Excellent7(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2013
I don't give a damn!
Let them start collecting the damn 3000 GBP, infact let them double or triple it, and apply it to all categories of applicants. Na dem get there country.
Honestly, I am yet to remember, what I need to do in the UK that can not be done in the other countries of the EU.
A lot of Nigerians seem to me to be very much unmindful of the options that exist and too sentimentally attached to the UK.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
Excellent7
What you meant to write is
U.K. refused me a visa but I am now pretending that I never wanted to go in the first place!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Air Peace Receives New 165-Seater Boeing 737-800 Aircraft (Photos) / The Beauty Of Crystal Lake Resort Oguta, Imo State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.