Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45558 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
DJDOLA: I hear say dem dey plug money for tree in uk sha na tru?

"pluck" not "plug"

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Aksonman: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
No be dem talk say Nigerians were the 4th largest shoppers in the UK? So now the money wey we for use buy market for London will now be used as bond deposit...who looses?
Allah, if i be GEJ,i'll also impose a $10,000 bond to all UK visitors to Nigeria. That should keep their foolish UK university representatives, fake NGOs and BBC reporters off our shores

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
justwise:

Not for all visa types, its only for those applying for visitor's visa

Even for the visitor's visa,not everybody will be required to pay bond.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by jmoore(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
The bond is too small, they should make it £300,000

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
MrPrsdent:

Even for the visitor's visa,not everybody will be required to pay bond.

Those applying for 6months visiting visa

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by metti(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
cb_917d:

Don't be ignorant. It's a bond not a fee, of course you'll get your money back if you return home which you're expected to, hence you're not throwing the £3000 away. By the way, such system exists in South Africa alias repatriation fee. Imagine even our own African counterpart imposes such system on other African nations. No blame game, it is what it is.
Where do you expect an average Nigerian to get such an amount bond or no bond?

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ibkgab001: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
750,000 naira can buy Land which will make ip of NAiraland
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by amusbay(m): 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
gunuvi: Nigeria is getting better. If they charge us the bond, we will apply same to them too. Tit for tat.
Small scale business in Naija is booming already so we don't need UK visas.
may God blessed you,we too should start charging them
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
Slimceezy:

Guess he's tryna 'carve-himself-a-niche' just like Yuzedo (AKA chief Sweetus) did. . . Buh I guess his 'scheme' is DOA. Better luck next time bro
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1165819_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687[/img]
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomon111(m): 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ada Nri1: If Nigerian leaders had any respect for it's citizens they'll make that country better for her citizens, then most of them won't go visiting Britain in the hope of absconding.
you are mistaken.
Why can't these people invests those monies on SMEs in Nigeria?
The market is already there,yet they waste hundreds of thousands of naira on foreign visas.
While the citizens are fleeing the country,the foreigners are entering in droves and taking advantage of the opportunities.
A very sad reality.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by tellwisdom: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
U.K?? ...one country i dont like visiting. The citizens and nigerians beg me money there. So i stopped angry
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Ikengawo: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
bia, will nigerians stop being so desperate and focus on themselves. What will you do in London that you can't do in Nigeria right now? being in a country you don't know or understand will cause ignorance to wash away all the added benefits. You will work jobs that you would have refused to do in Nigeria and end up there for the rest of your life living day to day. If you get an education there you will be better off, but if you get and education there you will be better off in Nigeria as well. Few of you can name anyone that left Nigeria in the 2000s and went to another country that is doing well right now. forget them coming home and trying to flaunt money they don't have, the new coming Nigerians all over the western world as suffering. quit crawling around the globe like homeless losers

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by calculusx(m): 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
pls house,Is it the same Queen Elizabeth's UK we all know or another one don dey exist? That Country is dry,boring,expensive and borrow me another English abeg grin

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by MuyiGL: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
pDude: Una still wan go UK?

It is obvious they no longer want Nigerians in their country. All you lot do is feed off their benefits system. Now they will ensure you don't even try it.

Imagine delivering 6 children and expecting the tax payers to foot the bill. Bunch of Nigerian leeches.

Are you aware a lot of legit Nigerians pay tax in the UK too? Most of these taxes used to take care of unemployed and lazy UK citizens? Mr. Man cool down abeg

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
OlowoTee: Maybe a good way to discourage unnecessary visitation..

True. However you know Nigerians. Some will still fight tooth and nail for uk visa.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
Jst passingby..bcs ntn c0nsign me wit dz t0pic
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Chinom(m): 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
...meanwhile, a South Korean student with a backpack will just stroll across the UK border controle with just 300 pounds spend money. Shame on Nigeria. We have really rubbished ourselves. We are marked all over the world. Shame to IBB and OBJ and to the other past leaders to a lesser extent

They should increase the bond to 10,000 pounds. I cannot think of any good reason to visit UK.

5 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Orblonde: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
gunuvi: Nigeria is getting better. If they charge us the bond, we will apply same to them too. Tit for tat.

Booming? Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by hammerh(f): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
God bless you, help me tell them

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by claremont(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
A discriminatory policy.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Diasporan(m): 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
When Afam4eva told Shymmexx and that small boy Obadiah777 that the UK is broke they argued it to high heavens and started comparing America to the Uk.We all know about the global meltdown which also affected the American Economy.But if the UK should have a quarter of those migrating to America annually i bet you our brothers in the UK won't be able to stand a day in that country.But the UK is taking theirs too far.Let truth be told the money realised i believe would be used in solving their welfare problem.I can bet my next wage that this new policy will not last.I remember few years ago when they brought out some nasty policy concerning getting UK student visa,Within a month they had a rethink considering how much they would have loss from intending students.BTW that won't stop Nigerians from absconding.They should try another tactics cause this one wont work

5 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by calculusx(m): 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
tellwisdom: U.K?? ...one country i dont like visiting. The citizens and nigerians beg me money there. So i stopped angry

Reminds me of Barking and Dagenham... grin
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by redsun(m): 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
With three thousand pounds you can set up about fifty lines by 60 metres of cassava farm in the country where you don't have to pay for land,or even for cassava stems for start.

There are lot of small businesses to do in nigeria that requires patience,relentlessness and big visions.It is a vigin land at the brink.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
As we speak shell bp is making billions from the oil rich niger delta in collaboration with their stooges in the Nigerian govt, not long ago Obj colluded with them and the americans to part with billions of dollars of Nigeria's foreign reserves, their nationals move in and out of Nigeria unhindered and are treated like kings when they decide to live in Nigeria but look at how they treat you who is trying to escape the poverty and misery that they caused in your own country - can the british govts treatment of Nigerians get any more abusive?

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Ikengawo: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
Orblonde:

Booming? Seriously?

if you have the talent to make money, of course. I have 2 uncles that sell TVs. One failed and became and alcoholic, the other has opened his third shop, employs all of his brothers, and built a house in Imo and owns a flat in Lagos. They both started at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 360command: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
190:
ibeg where the money dey
make i begin go search with spade and cutlass from inside toilet angry angry
the fact that he says your bed is money, your toilet is money does not necessarily mean that way. Please, he is just trying to say ' think critically on ways to make money not necessarily meaning that there is money in the toilet or bed.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by holuphisayor58: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
not bad
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
the british govt are responsible for keeping over 80% of nigerians in poverty - they have got Nigeria neck deep in debt, the money their banks make from the interest generated from these loans alone is what they are using to prop up their welfare state and provide a decent standard of livng for their own people while the vast majority of Nigerians live in poverty as if that isn't bad enough they now expect those who want to escape this poverty to part with a whopping £3,000 - how many average british people can afford to part with £3,000 for a visa?

7 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Policewoman(f): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
Suits some Nigerians right. Some just wake up and go to U.K. There was this friend of mine that wedded some weeks ago. Her mum travelled to U.K and bought her a wedding dress. When she saw the dress, she cried that she didn't like it and so she and her mum took the next available plane back to U.K to buy another wedding dress. Imagine.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ocheejemb: 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
Policewoman: Suits some Nigerians right. Some just wake up and go to U.K. There was this friend of mine that wedded some weeks ago. Her mum travelled to U.K and bought her a wedding dress. When she saw the dress, she cried that she didn't like it and so she and her mum took the next available plane back to U.K to buy another wedding dress. Imagine.

And are these the kind of people the UK should be turning back? How much money from those trips added to the UK economy as compareed to Nigeria's?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.