Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45552 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by AjanleKoko: 8:53am On Jun 24, 2013
justwise:

6 months visa applicants, basically first timers

I for say. Doesn't make any sense to apply the same criteria to EVERY single visitor, considering that some people do regular business, or even own homes in the UK. Many people travel there every summer religiously for holiday. I would be surprised if they were asking for a bond from those categories of people.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I for say. Doesn't make any sense to apply the same criteria to EVERY single visitor, considering that some people do regular business, or even own homes in the UK. Many people travel there every summer religiously for holiday. I would be surprised if they were asking for a bond from those categories of people.

Going by some comments here one will get the impression that the 3000 applies to all visas and non-refundable.

Typical of many Nigerians, they read the headline and jump-off ranting
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by docjuli(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2013
cb_917d:

Don't be ignorant. It's a bond not a fee, of course you'll get your money back if you return home which you're expected to, hence you're not throwing the £3000 away. By the way, such system exists in South Africa alias repatriation fee. Imagine even our own African counterpart imposes such system on other African nations. No blame game, it is what it is.

Bond or fee the traveller has to source for it.

The money is too much anyway for those who want to see the Queen. I want to see the King.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by vanessara: 9:01am On Jun 24, 2013
101,000 x 780000=Eleriburuku gba ni awon people yi o
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by egariyi(f): 9:07am On Jun 24, 2013
If Britain closes their door, we have South Africa - Cape Town, Durban as hot holiday sports which are even better than Britain. GBP3000 will give me a very good holiday experience in Cape Town. To hell with Britain!!

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by mmark12(m): 9:09am On Jun 24, 2013
cheesy cheesycheesy
na wa oh, UK haters full nairaland but they dey enjoy British product and services( Education, BBC, Cadbury, Digestive biscuits, Shell Oil, Marks and Spencers, British Airways, Unilever products,tobacco ETC ETC ETC). BLOODY HYPOCRITIES

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by debbyblaze: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2013
abeg let them make it 10,000 pounds....these ppl think you all are leaches, i really wonder why ppl still hustle to go there...
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Atigba: 9:19am On Jun 24, 2013
who cares what am i doing in the united kingdom............when am doing great here....there re so many europian countries to visit.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by amiskurie(m): 9:29am On Jun 24, 2013
I no get anything way I wan stay dey do,dem fit just refund ma money so I cld return to my throne in africa.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Okontami: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2013
Dear Naija people.

Abeg, other countries dey for Holiday in europe. Only one is asking for bond, why not try the next holiday destination if truly it is holiday you want. Na by force to go UK??. Haba. See below and review the countries for your holiday consideration.

A
Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
B
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bulgaria
C
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
D
Denmark
E
Estonia
F
Finland
France
G
Georgia
Germany
Greece

H
Hungary
I
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
K
Kosovo
L
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
M
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
N
The Netherlands
Norway
P
Poland
Portugal

R
Romania
Russia
S
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
T
Turkey
U
Ukraine
United Kingdom
V
Vatican City (Holy See)

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by mmark12(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2013
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by mmark12(m): 9:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Power cuts worsen as generation drops by 1,598MW
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-cuts-worsen-as-generation-drops-by-1598mw

I dont blame the UK, Nigeria has a terrible reputation aboard, and corruption oh boy Its a miracle we are not top 3 most corupt nations EVER to exist.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by MCKULQ(m): 9:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Rudebwoy:

"pluck" not "plug"

What is your problem? don't you understand what he said.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by bigx(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2013
chuquiz:

English villages get free dairy produce, better quality of life, no nepa madness or lack of running water, and the best part ,better clime[b] and no mosquito[/b]. If u hols contrary view, you are only giving yourself hope.

There are mosquitoes in the UK,
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2013
egariyi: If Britain closes their door, we have South Africa - Cape Town, Durban as hot holiday sports which are even better than Britain. GBP3000 will give me a very good holiday experience in Cape Town. To hell with Britain!!

South Africa don't charge you repatriation fee?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dotcomnamename: 10:44am On Jun 24, 2013
[size=30pt]Instead of UK to tell us that they are broke and they need money to revive their economy... They are bringing useless laws[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2013
Uk is not anywhere near broke.
It is just that they don't want every Nigerian truc pusher and cafe rat coming over to live on funds from tax payers and taking advantage of health system.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2013
mmark12: cheesy cheesycheesy
na wa oh, UK haters full nairaland but they dey enjoy British product and services( Education, BBC, Cadbury, Digestive biscuits, Shell Oil, Marks and Spencers, British Airways, Unilever products,tobacco ETC ETC ETC). BLOODY HYPOCRITIES

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Not suprised at your comment coming from a Nigerian who wants to die for the UK army. Your massa has told u that u must pay before you visit his house so pay like a happy puppy. Since colonial era, hasn't Africa been always dealt the doom card. If I way GEJ I will take several steps to make sure UK citizens find their stay in Nigeria VERY uncomfortable. Unfortunately our "president" is always trying to please his Massas.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 11:07am On Jun 24, 2013
mmark12: LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN cheesy
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by mmark12(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2013
12 inches!:

Not suprised at your comment coming from a Nigerian who wants to die for the UK army. Your massa has told u that u must pay before you visit his house so pay like a happy puppy. Since colonial era, hasn't Africa been always dealt the doom card. If I way GEJ I will take several steps to make sure UK citizens find their stay in Nigeria VERY uncomfortable. Unfortunately our "president" is always trying to please his Massas.

HaHaHa, your plan will not work, how many British citizens come to Nigeria vs I am Nigerian visit Britain, pls think crtically before you talk irrationally. Join the army is my choice. at Least my master will treat me well and far better than your corrupt, inept and psychotic master, the Nigerian Government.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by mmark12(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2013
HaHaHa, your plan will not work, how many British citizens come to Nigeria vs Nigerians visiting Britain, pls think critically before you talk irrationally. Join the army is my choice. at Least my master will treat me well and far better than your corrupt, inept and psychotic master, the Nigerian Government.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Chiamaka321(f): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2013
pDude: Una still wan go UK?

It is obvious they no longer want Nigerians in their country. All you lot do is feed off their benefits system. Now they will ensure you don't even try it.

Imagine delivering 6 children and expecting the tax payers to foot the bill. Bunch of Nigerian leeches.
ARENT U A NIGERIAN?WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF PATRIOTISM?SMH.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by mmark12(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2013
toshmann:
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN cheesy

Thanks for the correction GOD SAVE THE QUEEN. Hooah

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by eddiebomba(m): 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
gerald09: Its not dem fault no matter what una say Nigerians still rush there. I meet a guy @ elephant n castle sometime ago he actually quit his job @ diamond bank, made his wife quit her job @ first bank n moved down to UK for greener pasture, he works @ royal mail now sorting letters while his wife sits @ home hating d dude. £3000 is to small for stupid people like dat guy.

Hear hear, correct
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by iykololo(m): 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
chux76: Visitors from 'high risk' countries in Africa and Asia will have to put up a £3,000 cash bond to enter Britain.

The money will be kept by the Government if visitors do not return home by the time their visas expire.

A pilot scheme, introduced by Home Secretary Theresa May, will target hundreds of people coming to Britain on six-month visit visas from India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ghana, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

The countries have been picked for their high number of visa applications and what the Government sees as relatively high levels of immigration abuse and fraud, reports the Sunday Times.

The bonds, to be introduced from November, will only apply to non-EU migrants, otherwise they would fall foul of European rights to free movement.

'This is the next step in making sure our immigration system is more selective, bringing down net migration from the hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands while still welcoming the brightest and the best to Britain,' Mrs May told the Sunday Times.

'In the long run we’re interested in a system of bonds that deters overstaying and recovers costs if a foreign national has used our public services.'

A second scheme will cover countries such as Kenya, the newspaper reports, which are considered to be lower-risk because immigration officials have fewer doubts about migrants' plans to return home.

About 2.2million people are granted visas to enter Britain every year. Last year 296,000 people from India were granted six-month visas, as were 101,000 from Nigeria, 53,000 from Pakistan and 14,000 apiece from Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346756/Visitors-India-high-risk-countries-Asia-Africa-forced-pay-3-000-cash-bond-enter-UK.html#ixzz2X3G0wi98

A clear revenge for our passing of the anti-gay bill.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by marvo09: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
Till tomorrow, you cannot compare the UK and Nigeria. These people have the right to do what they want in their country. Please stop all this argument and carry on with your lifes. If you do not want to come to the Uk , leave those that have decided to come, its not your business.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by oggy005(f): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
babestell: 750K is a lot to deposit as bond, A lot of people save up to go for holidays and telling them to drop that amount means no spare cash to shop. After all we need the money there.
hhmm...you are right. after saving my hard earned money to go on holidays,then some homosapiens said I should pay for??what again. It's time we develop our country. shocked
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by eddiebomba(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Akson man: No be dem talk say Nigerians were the 4th largest shoppers in the UK? So now the money wey we for use buy market for London will now be used as bond deposit...who looses?
Allah, if i be GEJ,i'll also impose a $10,000 bond to all UK visitors to Nigeria. That should keep their foolish UK university representatives, fake NGOs and BBC reporters off our shores

My guy, please park well! Anybody here talking about us retaliating with our own parallel policy is just a petty squabbler exhibiting hypocritically false patriotism & sour grapes. There's only one reason why the UK would come up with policies such as this: to protect their quality of life from those whose sole aim of going into their country is to constitute a drain on their own resources & systems. Let's face the glaring fact of why so many of our people run over to their country: THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE IS FAR SUPERIOR TO OUR OWN. Tell me who has the better social and physical infrastructure - the better transport system, public facilities, more effective educational system, viable healthcare, security apparatus, accountable government&judiciary - even in the face of a recession hitting their economy? Why do you think the average Briton is nowhere near as desperate to come down and settle in Nigeria as we are to get over there? The simple truth is that many of us go there to enjoy their superior quality of life, which we in this country are collectively TOO SELFISH to provide for each other (case in point: we buying the best &latest cars, only for us to drive them on the worst roads!). Its not Nigerians or any other nationals who made British society what it is - its the Brits themselves!

And so what if Nigerians are one of the largest shopping groups in the UK - u think they don't suspect we're coming to shop in their country with stolen government money?! To those of us who are quick to absolve ourselves of responsibility for the corruption that is so rife in our country - a country whose people are too wussy (yes, WUSSY) to confront their corrupt leaders &force them to do the right thing, eg the fuel subsidy protests & probe, which both died with a whimper - don't be so offended if they consider the generality of us as accomplices, so they refuse to let us spend our -rightly or wrongly - ill-gotten wealth in their country as a matter of principle. I tell you, if we come up with our own counter bond, we'll be a huge laughing stock to them, & our pleasure-loving political elite know it - that's why they won't try it! Besides, they (the elite) can afford to put up the £3,000 bond for themselves, so they won't even bother challenging it - Nigerian selfishness, remember!

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by sweetgala(m): 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
After living within the UK Ireland islands these several years, I wonder why any sane human would want to holiday here.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
sweet_gala: After living within the UK Ireland islands these several years, I wonder why any sane human would want to holiday here.
Typical person, calls the country in which they are living rubbish!
Why don't you go home to beautiful country of Nigeria.
Ha Ha Ha

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
sweet_gala: After living within the UK Ireland islands these several years, I wonder why any sane human would want to holiday here.

Your taste of holiday destination is not the same as everybody else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Visit To The Ancient Cave Of Ashes... Isarun In Ondo State. (pictures) / Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.