Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial (24492 Views)

Rule 9 Said Promoting Biafra Is An Illegal Act!! / Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Ranchhoddas: 12:15am On Jun 24, 2013
ckkris: Bad belle
no be small bad belle
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by free2ryhme: 12:16am On Jun 24, 2013
dis is a jonathan oversight
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Lifebender(m): 12:16am On Jun 24, 2013
What do you xpect from a literate illitratepls let some1 tuitor her the constitution

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by AroOkigbo(m): 12:17am On Jun 24, 2013
abu12: Madam lazarus, the only woman who died 7time

But come to think of it, madam lazarus has always be incharge, Jonathan is just a figurehead.

"7time"
"always be incharge"

Are you PEJ's son?
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:22am On Jun 24, 2013
This odious practice should be stopped immediately
and President Goodluck
Jonathan should lead the way as
the man who has sworn to abide
by the constitution and uphold
its tenets. A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by abu12: 12:33am On Jun 24, 2013
Aro Okigbo:

"7time"
"always be incharge"

Are you PEJ's son?

Akuya watz your problem? You should know better.
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Elxandre(m): 12:34am On Jun 24, 2013
sorry i couldn't read that epistle...there's this movie going on tv..i'm too busy for that
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by ballabriggs: 12:36am On Jun 24, 2013
On another occasion, she sent the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Serah Ochekpe, to represent her at a book launch in honour of President Olusegun Obasanjo at the latter’s Presidential Library in Abeokuta.

grin grin grin grin Is this a joke? Chai Minister done turn house girl. See wetin money go cause O.

No wonder OBJ sees this man as a complete idi0t. Total desecration of the Nigerian Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by playahP(m): 12:42am On Jun 24, 2013
Initially, I tot it was an opposition, trying to just say rubbish.... I couldn't even read the story... Till I saw the picture!!..... Totally annoyin.......she needs to be fuccccked by my alsatian dawg!! She and dat fat pig of a sun!!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by takedat(m): 12:51am On Jun 24, 2013
Okija_juju: Erm....

Isn't every Nigerian entitled to use the Coat of arms? So if I design a podium, is it illegal to put the coat of arms on it? I thought it belonged to all of us to use as we please in a respectful manner? Example, can't I put the coat of arms on my vehicle? Or use it on my bed sheet?

I don't see the point in this article except to just steert up sentiments..

Can a lawyer here show is how she has violated the coat of arms?
Is it permitted for a private citizen to use a letter head with the Nigeria coat of arms on it for an informal or official use/purpose? You need a license for it because as a private citizen you are not accorded/entitled to the imprimatur of officialdom! Flags and Coat of Arms Act, Chapter 148 of Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/FlagsAndCoatOfArmsAct.htm

In the case of Dame, using the coat of arms is not the issue since she can be granted such privilege by the Attorney General or Minister of Internal Affairs, but having an "official podium" and seal bearing the coat of arms and national colours with an unconsitutional tag of "office of the first lady or first lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria" boldly written on it, is disrespect for the constitution.

29 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 24, 2013
On another note. What are the laws guiding the use of the Nigerian coat of arms? Is it illegal for an ordinary citizen to use the national symbol on a personal capacity? Did patience Jonathan commit a crime?
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 24, 2013
Why do you guys derive utility from castigating this woman? By the way, is she not the First Lady? The podium unambiguously stated that, and it's a fact!

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by gerald09(m): 12:57am On Jun 24, 2013
Nigerian own Magret Thatcher. Before I comment on the thread, please could Nigerians stop comparing every thing done or not done to the United States. Ѿε are not americans n it is ryt Ѿe don't do things like americans. The problem in Nigeria is dat Ѿε have adopted the culture of 4 different countries UK, US, UAE and Saudi Arabia n they all conflict with each oda. When will Nigerian do things like Nigerian so other countries in Africa will compare themselves to us. We don't have to be like the Americans to have a good government, the earlier we accept we are Nigerians n do thing like Nigerians the better and greater our country will be.
Now back to the article I will seriously blame the people that is in charge of handling the first lady, civil service is full of butt lickers, with no regard for rule n integrity dey wuld agree to anything, That is how much most Nigerians have lost their sense of dignity.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 24, 2013
No worries

In 2015, she go carry her podium and ghana must go back to her husband's fishing pond.

Asheeeee.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 24, 2013
^^ don't worry about that. The chances of her being there is a lot more than you earning above 30 naira today

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 24, 2013
nayef: ^^ don't worry about that. The chances if her being there is a lot more than you earning 30 naira today

I see that you benefitted from Patience's bag of rice.........na hunger dey make crayfish bend

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by bloggernaija: 1:05am On Jun 24, 2013
This presidency is a disgrace and this display of absurdity is a perfect reflection of the way the country is being run.
You have a bunch of egomaniac who have been promoted far beyond their station.
They need all these symbols of power to cover up for their shortcoming.long convoy of vehicles,mean looking body guards ,harrassing motorist with their sirens,the coat of arms etc.
Above all ,people like her are always looking for publicity like talentless and doped out reality stars who are down on their luck.
That will not change the fact that she is obnoxious ,uninspiring and ill mannered.
She wants to be society but she does not belong
By the time her husband becomes ex president,it is then that she will understand that all those political groupies around her do not find her attractive either.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Ayatullah(m): 1:09am On Jun 24, 2013
Dear Mrs. Patience Jonathan,

Madam The First Lady, I strongly advise you not to be seen as ruling with your husband, I advise you face the home front squarely.
My advise is based on what happened to the then Romania President and his wife on Christmas day in 1989. Elena, the president's wife
Was believed to have been ruling and looting with her husband, President Nicolae Ceausescu, they were both tied together and EXECUTED.

A soldier told the duo: 'No one can help you now' (They were both shot dead).

Madam, may this not be your lot.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:13am On Jun 24, 2013
Notably, this is not the first time Madam Jonathan would be involved in conducts unbecoming of her station as the President’s consort.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 24, 2013
Ayatullah: Dear Mrs. Patience Jonathan,

Madam The First Lady, I strongly advise you not to be seen as ruling with your husband, I advise you face the home front squarely.
My advise is based on what happened to the then Romania President and his wife on Christmas day in 1989. Elena, the president's wife
Was believed to have been ruling and looting with her husband, President Nicolae Ceausescu, they were both tied together and EXECUTED.

A soldier told the duo: 'No one can help you now' (They were both shot dead).

Madam, may this not be your lot.

This is why Turai stayed safe after her husband's death.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 24, 2013
..stop spewing from ya rear. In real terms, Turai was worse.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Willgates(m): 1:25am On Jun 24, 2013
That short ugly detarded thing? I hate Patience Yonathan,not because of henythng but d fact that she is too fat and unattractive!
Lazy Nigerian woman,because ur husband has money you half to sit down and finish the entire food meant for eferybory. Upon all d wealth,she stil lookz dirty and unrefined.
Arrrrgggh! I hate fat wumen

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by EkoIle1: 1:27am On Jun 24, 2013
Willgates: That short ugly detarded thing? I hate Patience Yonathan,not because of henythng but d fact that she is too fat and unattractive!
Lazy Nigerian woman,because ur husband has money you half to sit down and finish the entire food meant for eferybory. Upon all d wealth,she stil lookz dirty and unrefined.
Arrrrgggh! I hate fat wumen

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by kraftykc(m): 1:29am On Jun 24, 2013
nayef: ..stop spewing from ya rear. In real terms, Turai was worse.

Jeez. You are so blindly stupid u cannot tell when someone is being sarcastic.

Turai and Dame are bitchez of the same skin. I say bitchez as in dogs of the female gender.
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by sincerenigerian1: 1:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Im tired of supporting PDP lies angry angry angry angry
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by toluleke(m): 1:40am On Jun 24, 2013
i have always said this and would keep saying it''OUR PROBLEMS ISN'T OUR LEADERS BUT WHAT WE PRACTICES CALLED DEMOCRACY which IS TOTALLY CRAZY UNTIL THAT POWER GIVEN TO THE FEDERAL IS DECENTRALISED,GOING BACK TO WHERE WE STARTED FROM BY WHICH THE WESTERN,EASTERN,NORTHERN REGION CONTROLS IT AFFAIRS AND ONLY REPORTS TO THE PRESIDENT''THERE WOULD BE GOOD GOVERNANCE...

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by sincerenigerian1: 1:46am On Jun 24, 2013
I tender my apology for supporting PDP lies all this while,i have come to repent,please forgive me for supporting PDP lies all this while,we all know PDP is full of crooks including our president egbere Jonathan embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Please nairalander should forgive me cry cry cry cry cry

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 24, 2013
She too dey trend sef! She be first lady and not president na... Her own too much.. Ya ra dua's Turai sef no do reach her talkless of Stella Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 24, 2013
dat is a permanent secretary and is recognized by the constitution
Re: Patience Jonathan On An Illegal Podium - Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 24, 2013
can u guys concentrate on contributing your quota to the development of naija and stop pointing out peoples shortcomings. to comment just state ur contribution to the development of naija. am waiting

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor El-rufai Hosts Super Eagles Players To A Dinner(photos) / PDP Suspends Kashamu, 6 Others / APC Issues 6 Queries To INEC, Denies Calling For Staggered Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.