Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143611 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
ketoprofen: @ bigfrancis, noted.
I had already dismissed the guy till I see a thread on Yoruba villages.that will be joke of the century thread .
moreover, he shd go to a thread showing Ibadan airport, I can't help but laugh to my fill.

That simply means you are arguing off-topic. It doesn't say much of a civilized individual to me.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2013
Lwkmd.
bigfrancis, ignore this troll biko.
till he opens his thread on his village houses, even handpicked ones are allowed.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
ketoprofen: Lwkmd.
bigfrancis, ignore this troll biko.
till he opens his thread on his village houses, even handpicked ones are allowed.

You keep calling me troll. What have you done to prove me wrong? NOTHING! ZERO, ZIP! It is very clear you are the troll here. You keep disturbing people to listen to you and dissuade them from debating with me when you aren't making sense of the argument. That is very sad of you though.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Go to the north, west, south...there a mud houses there. Why are these biased igbos trying to make us feel they dont have such in abundance in the east? Were they still living in trees when that civilization was taking place? A poster would have me believe they destroyed them to build new ones. Hahahaha liar. Is alaigbo dat small dat they cant preserve ancient architectural edifice? This why people say they didnt have any history until nigeria.

Those pics were handpicked or how come your people cant stay in their mansions but chose to live in mud houses in SW And NORTH?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Like I said, no troll should be given attention.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
ketoprofen: Like I said, no troll should be given attention.
i see, d bitter truth is difficult to swallow.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by odumchi: 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
Owerri, Imo.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
odumchi: Owerri, Imo.

Owerri ain't a village though.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by odumchi: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Abagworo:

Owerri ain't a village though.

That's from one of the rural towns in Owerri North LGA.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by odumchi: 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
From a rural community near Umuahia, Abia.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
odumchi: Owerri, Imo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1483430_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

Bwahaha... Hahaha... This is another liar I must correct about places in the East of Nigeria. Owerri is the capital of Imo state and it is not a village.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
odumchi:

You are very funny. You are trying hard to skillfully deceive your readers here and I can easily spot that. You said 'rural towns' while we are discussing about village houses. It means you cannot differentiate town from village in this argument.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
odumchi: From a rural community near Umuahia, Abia.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1483472_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

This is another handpicked photo to wrongfully support Igbo villages don't have mud houses.

My goodness! I am enjoying how most of your are making fool of yourselves in this whole discussion.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
5.7633983 , 7.0035812

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
ceejayluv: 5.7633983 , 7.0035812

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1483560_IMG_20131225_100608-1_jpgffe973a8cba0a29927b59301cceeb005[/img]

Lol... You have failed to convince me that there are no mud houses in Igbo villages. This is a compound of a building we don't know anything about. It could be a building in any city in the east. Who knows?

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 11:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
all4naija:

Lol... You have failed to convince me that there are no mud houses in Igbo villages. This is a compound of a building we don't know anything about. It could be a building in any city in the east. Who knows?

Thank you.
I didn't post this to prove anything to you. That's not what the thread was opened for. Also, I didn't expect you to know that it's a geo-location coordinate I wrote up there. Thanks for proving me right.....
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
ceejayluv:
I didn't post this to prove anything to you. That's not what the thread was opened for. Also, I didn't expect you to know that it's a geo-location coordinate I wrote up there. Thanks for proving me right.....

What's that geo-location? Jeez! So you expect me to take that as evidence. I don't even get how you put up geo-location without pointing out the longitude and latitude.

You failed your test, honey!

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
all4naija:
I don't even get how you put up geo-location without pointing out the longitude and latitude.
.[/i]
Of course you can't know, ignorance is bliss.....
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
ceejayluv:
Of course you can't know, ignorance is bliss.....
Please, explain the geo-location of that image for me. What I see there is numbers representation of unknown geo name with geo-location +5° 45' 48.23", +7° 0' 12.89"(Orlu Rd, Nigeria ‎ 861 m SW). Not what you are claiming. Bwahaha...

Thank you.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
odumchi:

You should have put it down as Egbu, Azara Egbelu,Emii, Emekuku etc.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2013
There's this mud house still standing firm in my village near my father's house. If eventually I travel to my hometown, I will post the picture.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 8:49am On Dec 26, 2013
berem: There's this mud house still standing firm in my village near my father's house. If eventually I travel to my hometown, I will post the picture.

alright
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 8:50am On Dec 26, 2013
berem: There's this mud house still standing firm in my village near my father's house. If eventually I travel to my hometown, I will post the picture.

Are people living inside it? Or was it just abandoned and maybe preserved for posterity's sake?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 8:52am On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija: Please, explain the geo-location of that image for me. What I see there is numbers representation of unknown geo name with geo-location +5° 45' 48.23", +7° 0' 12.89"(Orlu Rd, Nigeria ‎ 861 m SW). Not what you are claiming. Bwahaha...

Thank you.
Good, you're learning fast. Thank God for Google...
location is off the the Owerri-Orlu expressway. 861m (roughly 1km) away from Orlu road being the nearest recognisable reference point. In summary, it's a remote location, no town or city.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2013
I Hope You People Continue Posting Picture Of Your Houses And Hometown. I Didn't Get The opportunity To Travel Home This Christmas So This Thread Kinda Brings Joy To My Heart. It Makes Me Miss Home So F2king Much. Igbo Houses Are So Beautiful No Matter Where You Are From
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2013

This Is More Evidence That This Woman Is NOT Igbo. Idk Why Some Peeps Fall For Her 419

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2013
One_Naira:

This Is More Evidence That This Woman Is NOT Igbo. Idk Why Some Peeps Fall For Her 419

whether she is Igbo or not, her stupidity shoots to high heavens.
Tell me y sb will post sth abt a mud house in her sugar daddy's compound, of all posts.

What/ who is she trying to prove wrong/ right? what's her point?
That's y I just replied alright to her post and wait for the day she will show us where her ijebu bf stays.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2013
Like is aid, there are mud houses in the east but you have to sojourn into the thick villages to find one standing. In my village, i've never seen a mud house before and also in other Igbotic villages that i've been to. Infact, my village is more or less a town as it is cos almost everyone has a good erected house or a failry good structure.

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Gboliwe: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2013
Odumchi, today is my village's day. Its a big day for us. Where can I post my Udunkulu, oke ekpe nwa nna nna's pictures?

The ikoro has been sounding since I woke up, they are dressing Udunkulu for his grand entrance and his dressing room is right in my compound. I have pictures and hope to make more and i'll love to share.

@doninspain, if you show up in my villa, locate me at the Eze's palace grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Are people living inside it? Or was it just abandoned and maybe preserved for posterity's sake?
Yes,someone still lives inside it. An old woman precisely. She has refused to move to the house her son built for her and she prefers living in the mud house. The last time I traveled to my villa, I still saw mud houses in neighboring villages and people especially the old still live in it. I promise to post the picture if I travel to my hometown.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
One_Naira:

I don't need to prove to you or any other ignoramus that am Igbo. Keep wallowing in your stupidity and Idiocy. I don't care how you feel about my Igboness. Not because we don't agree in certain things makes me a lesser Igbo. I maghi onye mbu so o ka mma I mechiri onu gi kwara onwe gi ugwu.
If anyone says there's no mud house in Igbo land,the person is either ignorant or he hasn't traveled the length and breadth of Igbo land. There are still mud houses in ala igbo and its not something to be ashamed of. Not at all!!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thank you, madam! I will be waiting to see it posted here and to know about the condition of the mud house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.