Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143471 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by 9inches(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
all4naija:

You are very funny. You are trying hard to skillfully deceive your readers here and I can easily spot that. You said 'rural towns' while we are discussing about village houses. It means you cannot differentiate town from village in this argument.

Thank you.

I do not understand what u call villages and rural towns.
•In Anambra State, we have 21 LGAs, 177 communities (177 'towns' as we call them). While some towns have more villages, others have less. My own town has 10 villages.

•Nnewi North is a one-town LG and has 4 villages while Nnewi South is all rural with about 11 towns.

•Awka is the only urban town in Awka South LG which has 8 other towns. Awka North has 10 towns all rural.

•Onitsha North is equally a one-town LG same as Onitsha South which has Fegge as the only town (both LGs are urban).

• The now urban Nkpor which some people usually regard as part of Onitsha or its extension is found on parts of Obosi, Nkpor and Ogidi lands because of their common boundary.

•The rest of the towns in Anambra are mainly regarded as rural towns.

•With recent developments in the state, some rural towns are coming up as urban.

I hope you have learnt a thing or two as per what Anambrarians call towns and villages.

Thank you
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
berem: I don't need to prove to you or any other ignoramus that am Igbo. Keep wallowing in your stupidity and Idiocy. I don't care how you feel about my Igboness. Not because we don't agree in certain things makes me a lesser Igbo. I maghi onye mbu so o ka mma I mechiri onu gi kwara onwe gi ugwu.
If anyone says there's no mud house in Igbo land,the person is either ignorant or he hasn't traveled the length and breadth of Igbo land. There are still mud houses in ala igbo and its not something to be ashamed of. Not at all!!

YOU ARE NOT IGBO, neither are you from SE. It is as obvious as knowing the damn sky is blue or earth is round. I bet all the money in my account that your @ss is from SW and most likely one of the bigoted APC e-rats on NL using an alternative account. Afterall, you admitted you have MULTIPLE accounts on this site. BTW: My assumption about you not being Igbo is not just about the mud hut BS of that "notice me" troll but rather on your interaction on multiple occasions on this site. ANYTIME there's an argument between Igbo and a yoruba motherf2ker, you are always ALWAYS siding with the Yoruba. Anytime during the Igbo vs Yoruba, ironically enough whenever the Yoruba insults the Igbo, no matter how degrading, insulting, it is to the so called tribe you claim you are from, ironically enough you are always laughing alongside yoruba like a damn hyena. But when the situation is reversed, you see something wrong with the "igbo" insulting yoruba. I've seen you start arguments between Igbo communities. I've seen you joining hand in trying to cause discourse between SE and SS igbo. I've seen you insulting other Igbo community without provocation. I've seen you insulting the same region you claim you come from. I've seen you laughing like a hyena whenever the region you claim you come from is being insulted. B1tch you are as SE igbo as I am Chinese man. Its all good though it is expected of ya'll peeps; Afterall you ain't the first claiming what you are not on this website, I doubt you'll be the last.

10 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 30, 2013
One_Naira:

YOU ARE NOT IGBO, neither are you from SE. It is as obvious as knowing the damn sky is blue or earth is round. I bet all the money in my account that your @ss is from SW and most likely one of the bigoted APC e-rats on NL using an alternative account. Afterall, you admitted you have MULTIPLE accounts on this site. BTW: My assumption about you not being Igbo is not just about the mud hut BS of that "notice me" troll but rather on your interaction on multiple occasions on this site. ANYTIME there's an argument between Igbo and a yoruba motherf2ker, you are always ALWAYS siding with the Yoruba. Anytime during the Igbo vs Yoruba, ironically enough whenever the Yoruba insults the Igbo, no matter how degrading, insulting, it is to the so called tribe you claim you are from, ironically enough you are always laughing alongside yoruba like a damn hyena. But when the situation is reversed, you see something wrong with the "igbo" insulting yoruba. I've seen you start arguments between Igbo communities. I've seen you joining hand in trying to cause discourse between SE and SS igbo. I've seen you insulting other Igbo community without provocation. I've seen you insulting the same region you claim you come from. I've seen you laughing like a hyena whenever the region you claim you come from is being insulted. B1tch you are as SE igbo as I am Chinese man. Its all good though it is expected of ya'll peeps; Afterall you ain't the first claiming what you are not on this website, I doubt you'll be the last.

You know that she has exposed your lies! There is no need of trying to force her to be patriot to SE by telling lies.I respect her stand and it makes her even a better Igbo person than all your colleagues added together.

We are entering another year there is no photo of any Igbo village houses posted here.This is an unbelievable of people who have bragged a lot about their villages.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 30, 2013
9inches:

I do not understand what u call villages and rural towns.
•In Anambra State, we have 21 LGAs, 177 communities (177 'towns' as we call them). While some towns have more villages, others have less. My own town has 10 villages.

•Nnewi North is a one-town LG and has 4 villages while Nnewi South is all rural with about 11 towns.

•Awka is the only urban town in Awka South LG which has 8 other towns. Awka North has 10 towns all rural.

•Onitsha North is equally a one-town LG same as Onitsha South which has Fegge as the only town (both LGs are urban).

• The now urban Nkpor which some people usually regard as part of Onitsha or its extension is found on parts of Obosi, Nkpor and Ogidi lands because of their common boundary.

•The rest of the towns in Anambra are mainly regarded as rural towns.

•With recent developments in the state, some rural towns are coming up as urban.

I hope you have learnt a thing or two as per what Anambrarians call towns and villages.

Thank you
It seem you still haven't understood the point. Whether a town is located in the hinterland or near another big city it is a town. There is no need for the adjective to make it looks as though village can be addressed as town for you to excusably post town brick buildings to deceive others here,not me. I am smarter than that.

I want to see a communal Igbo village houses images posted here.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by 9inches(m): 7:35am On Dec 30, 2013
My village pic loading.... cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by capricon: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2013
Traveled to the east and i must say im really impressed by the village homes i see especially in Anambra state. Im from Enugu state though but i must give it to my Anambra brothers.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by capricon: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2013
One more thing, onitsha is not what people think. Im even tempted to say that it is one of the best cities in Nigeria. Trust me, people with negative opinion only pass by the expressway.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by warrior01: 7:56am On Dec 30, 2013
presently in Nnewi now, my brother, Anambra is beautiful with very good road network.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by 9inches(m): 8:39am On Dec 30, 2013
all4naija:
It seem you still haven't understood the point. Whether a town is located in the hinterland or near another big city it is a town. There is no need for the adjective to make it look as though village can be addressed as town for you to excusably post town brick buildings to deceive others here,not me. I am smarter than that.

I want to see a communal Igbo village houses images posted here.

Thank you.

You are the one who seem not to understand. All 177 communities in Anambra state are called towns regardless of location or how urbanized they are. So, a town here does not necessarily mean a developed or urban area. We call the developed towns 'townships' or 'cities'. You can as well use urban for them.

I don't know about other places, but in Anambra state a village is a subdivision of a town/community ...In every town/community, there are villages (Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi all have villages) So any pic taken from Anambra is from a town.

Know what you mean when you mention villages and towns, else you can use township or urban to represent the already developed communities. Don't get it twisted man.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Zonacom(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
*Anyone that claims that mud houses are non-existent in igboland is a LIAR.
*In comparison to other parts of the country, igboland has the least number of mud houses.
*Areas of igboland where mud houses are likely to be found are: the very rural communities of nsukka, ebonyi, riverine areas of anambra & imo and so on.
We should learn to avoid telling lies over stuff we are not sure of. We should'nt paint a false image of igboland simply because we want to get cheap e-glory.
That you've not seen a mud house in your village( the one you visit only during christmas), does not mean it does'nt exist in other areas of igboland.
Most igbo villages are filled with good looking modern houses no doubt. Infact, some of those houses are far more beautiful than those in the cities and every now and then, more beautiful designs are being built.
So, in summary, igboland has got the most beautiful villages in nigeria. But to say ALL these villages are without mud houses in them is a WHITE LIE.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by IGBOSON1: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
warrior01: presently in Nnewi now, my brother, Anambra is beautiful with very good road network.

^^^So why didn't you take any pics!?....even if it's of the intra-town and rural 'good road network' people say of Anambra!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
9inches: My village pic loading.... cool

Bwahaha... How long is it going to take to load?! You are funny,dude! There is no network in your village the reason it keeps loading forever. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Thank you
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
capricon: Traveled to the east and i must say im really impressed by the village homes i see especially in Anambra state. Im from Enugu state though but i must give it to my Anambra brothers.

No doubt you will be impressed.That is not actually the argument or what thread is all about. The argument is that many claim there are no mud houses in Igbo villages and they keep posting selected all rather 'handpicked images' to support their views. That is telling lies in all ramification.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
capricon: One more thing, onitsha is not what people think. Im even tempted to say that it is one of the best cities in Nigeria. Trust me, people with negative opinion only pass by the expressway.
But, Onitsha is not a village. It can easily pass for a small city, if most of the factors which make up a city are taken into consideration.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
warrior01: presently in Nnewi now, my brother, Anambra is beautiful with very good road network.

Okay. We are not talking about roads here but about the real Igbo villages with plenty of mud houses. Many refused to accept that and are scolding me here for asking for images of Igbo communal life in the villages.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
9inches:

You are the one who seem not to understand. All 177 communities in Anambra state are called towns regardless of location or how urbanized they are. So, a town here does not necessarily mean a developed or urban area. We call the developed towns 'townships' or 'cities'. You can as well use urban for them.

I don't know about other places, but in Anambra state a village is a subdivision of a town/community ...In every town/community, there are villages[b] (Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi all have villages) [/b] So any pic taken from Anambra is from a town.

Know what you mean when you mention villages and towns, else you can use township or urban to represent the already developed communities. Don't get it twisted man.
To help you have better understanding of what I mean by village here. I posted an image below. However, I am waiting to see pictures of your village houses posted here.

Thank you.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Dumdum217(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2013
Our house in the village..... Umunze, Anamra state

Celebrating xmas in the village is sooo fun

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2013
Zona.com:
*Anyone that claims that mud houses are non-existent in igboland is a LIAR.
*In comparison to other parts of the country, igboland has the least number of mud houses.
*Areas of igboland where mud houses are likely to be found are: the very rural communities of nsukka, ebonyi, riverine areas of anambra & imo and so on.
We should learn to avoid telling lies over stuff we are not sure of. We should'nt paint a false image of igboland simply because we want to get cheap e-glory.
That you've not seen a mud house in your village( the one you visit only during christmas), does not mean it does'nt exist in other areas of igboland.
Most igbo villages are filled with good looking modern houses no doubt. Infact, some of those houses are far more beautiful than those in the cities and every now and then, more beautiful designs are being built.
So, in summary, igboland has got the most beautiful villages in nigeria. But to say ALL these villages are without mud houses in them is a WHITE LIE.

Where did u read that igbos don't have any mud house in their villages?
Has anybody said so here?
No.
So who is lying to who?

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 9:01am On Dec 31, 2013
@ dum dum, show d house wells nah
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Johnolis(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2013
I went to my village for christmas and was amazed by the new structures being erected every second.it is like a competition.A reigning house could be overtaken any moment in terms of style and beauty...if i start posting the images,some would claim they were fake pics just to impress.but the truth is that these buildings are there in igboland,whether our western brothers like it or not,and nothing will change by their denial of facts...most miserable villages in the southeast would be boastfully called towns and cities in yoruba lands...as for light issue,my hometown Umuleri,Anambra state have electric power supply during my stay.we had our youth carnival which was very colourful...below are some pics.,just average structure shaa...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Dumdum217(m): 9:17am On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen: @ dum dum, show d house wells nah
Bro, if I post the building fully some people might commit suicide..... So make I leav am like this
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ndipe(m): 9:25am On Dec 31, 2013
bigfrancis21: Below are the images of the interior of a friend's house in his village in Nkwerre, Imo state. I couldn't get the pictures of the exterior but from what you see in the interior, you can imagine what the exterior will look like. grin

See as them Igbos all look like average african americans. grin

What's the point in comparing Ibo's with average african americans? Uncalled for comparison and smacks of inferiority complex, or would an african american compare themselves with ibos?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Johnolis(m): 9:32am On Dec 31, 2013
my little niche at my hometown,planning on erecting a mansion....
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2013
Y'all braggarts as usual!No images!No evidences!But all sh*ts talk. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by 9inches(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
all4naija:

Bwahaha... How long is it going to take to load?! You are funny,dude! There is no network in your village the reason it keeps loading forever. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Thank you

Chill dude, I'm super busy at this period. The way my schedule is packed eh.. Big church celebration 2days ago, trado marriage yesterday & another in an hour time... Sorting and uploading of pics might be delayed till after 1st week of Jan. when I think I'll be more organized.
Make Patience your pal for now, Hehe.. till goodluck comes
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thousands of ibo nairalanders travelled home for xmas and cant even post pics of igbo communal life.

Pls dont post pics of handpicked houses cos if i decide to do thesame concerning ogbomosho you'll think the place is a paradise.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dumdum217: Bro, if I post the building fully some people might commit suicide..... So make I leav am like this

hapu godi ndi a eji uburu ha gwoo ogwu ego postuo ihe m gwara gi.
kee nke gbasara mu na ha na suicide.
ka awolowo commitiri nke ya, o gbasara m?
megodi ihe biko ka mu Mara na a ga m enweta inspiration from it.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
TribalEAST: Thousands of ibo nairalanders travelled home for xmas and cant even post pics of igbo communal life.

Pls dont post pics of handpicked houses cos if i decide to do thesame concerning ogbomosho you'll think the place is a paradise.

I dare u.
biko do so. hand picked are allowed in ogbomosho. make sure u stick to ogbomosho.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by TabletMan: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
Let mua clear some certain thingz.... All4naija there is mud house at igbo house, but my brothers here are trying to make u understand that mud house in Igboland are few which is true while some are saying that mud house can't be found at Anambra and Imo state which is a white and fat lie. But I must tell you that, out of 21 local government in Anambra state, u are likely to see mud houses at abt 4 local government which are the riverine areas in Anambra. But the problem is that u will come to Anambra and stay upto 20 years but u won't know that such area are in the state. Even some people from Anambra don't even know that such place exist cos if u don't have any business there, u won't pass the villages, that's why I don't blame those who claimed not to know that anambra still has mud house but the real fact here is that most of this area with mud houses in Anambra state are mainly populated by Igala people ie Nzam,Ifite Ogwari and their neighboring town. Though u can find some mud houses at atani village that belong to igbo people and also the hometown of the late highlife musician chief Osita iheme Osadebe but atani is still one of the riverine area in anambra. All4naija I will bold to tell you that there is nothing like mud house or slum house at nnewi south or north. U can't even find a trace of mud house at typical villages like agulu, nimo, enugu ukwu, abagana, abatete, infact the list is endless. Anambra villages can boast of more brick and block house than mud house.

Berem since u claim to be an igbo girl siding with the yoruba people. Pls tell this all4naija that alaigbo don't have a good number of mud house.

All4naija we don't have large number of mud house in alaigbo unlike other regions in nigeria.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
all4naija:

Okay. We are not talking about roads here but about the real Igbo villages with plenty of mud houses. Many refused to accept that and are scolding me here for asking for images of Igbo communal life in the villages.

Thank you.

My friend,it is high time you throw in the towel. I'm from Umuoji in Idenmili nortth of Anambra and I was home just before christmas. For all the driving I did in Umuoji,Nkpor and Obosi I didn't come accross a single mud house. Infact,I asked my dad if there still mud houses in Oji and he said "na ebee di",meaning not at all. But he also said you can find them at the shrine where sacrifices are made for the gods. Infact,I can confidently tell you that you can't find a mud house with people still living in it in Anambra.

For all those running their mouth,post the pictures of the mud houses or shut your smelly mouth!

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Y are some ppl explaining anything to this bitter man called all4odualand.
if he thinks Igbo villages are filled with mud houses like their own capital cities and their villages in thecwest, he is on a long thing.
He has been told severally that few mud houses are present in igboland and he is still dragging with himself.
Then, nwa agbogho a eji kwuo ugwo agadi, berem sorokwanu ya na ako nonsense.
Efuluefu

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen:

Where did u read that igbos don't have any mud house in their villages?
Has anybody said so here?
No.
So who is lying to who?

You haven't possible read most of the comments supporting the bogus claim that there are no mud houses in Igbo villages in this thread, the very reason why you are asking that question. I would dare you start reading from the beginning of it to help you find the comments which have alluded to that with all senseless confidence.

Stop scolding people for stating facts of the matter. There is nothing to prove that mud houses are not found in those villages than words of mouth and bragging as though it is true while I wait for pictures which i know will never be uploaded. cheesy cheesy grin grin

For a reminder, mud houses are African thing and Igbo people cannot be exempted from having them. In fact, it is what defines the people of the East, if not more than the West provinces of Nigeria. I stand to my words that there are good number of mud houses in Igbo villages.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.