Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143612 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceejayluv:
Good, you're learning fast. Thank God for Google...
location is off the the Owerri-Orlu expressway. 861m (roughly 1km) away from Orlu road being the nearest recognisable reference point. In summary, it's a remote location, no town or city.

Doesn't the place have a name? Indeed, it is not for everybody good to know that you are being secretive about this very building and the place it is located. That proves there is a lot to be demanded of it. Explanation is all I can ask for at this point in time.

Thank you,Miss Geo.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Like is aid, there are mud houses in the east but you have to sojourn into the thick villages to find one standing. In my village, i've never seen a mud house before and also in other Igbotic villages that i've been to. Infact, my village is more or less a town as it is cos almost everyone has a good erected house or a failry good structure.

That's how most Igbo villages are.
If u come to nnewi, abiriba for eg, na so u go dey look like person wey Neva see house before.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
berem: I don't need to prove to you or any other ignoramus that am Igbo. Keep wallowing in your stupidity and Idiocy. I don't care how you feel about my Igboness. Not because we don't agree in certain things makes me a lesser Igbo. I maghi onye mbu so o ka mma I mechiri onu gi kwara onwe gi ugwu.
If anyone says there's no mud house in Igbo land,the person is either ignorant or he hasn't traveled the length and breadth of Igbo land. There are still mud houses in ala igbo and its not something to be ashamed of. Not at all!!

Mention sb that said there is no mud house in igboland,
onye mgbuwa.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
What is with the shady single detached building in almost all the images posted so far? I would be interested to see a communal life of those villages than buildings erected by the affluent Igbo business people in their cities suburbs! The secret nature of most posters here is laughable because they have a lot to hide. That to me is far from telling the truth.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
ketoprofen:

Mention sb that said there is no mud house in igboland,
onye mgbuwa.
Almost all of you did! It is clear you haven't been reading the comments here before making your argument.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
ketoprofen:

That's how most Igbo villages are.
If u come to nnewi, abiriba for eg, na so u go dey look like person wey Neva see house before.

Bwahaha... What an excuse to compliment the Igbo villages. It is very interesting to be seeing people still going about lies on this matter with confidence. Hahaha...

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija:

Doesn't the place have a name? Indeed, it is not for every good to know that you are being secretive about this very building and the place it is located. That proves there is a lot to be demanded of it. Explanation is all I can ask for at this point in time.

Thank you,Miss Geo.
Dude, if you were smart, you'd have checked out those.coordinates on Google Earth to see your much anticipated aerial view of my villa, presumably while you jerk off in anti-ibo climax....
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija: What is with the shady single detach building in almost all the images posted so far? I would be interested to see a communal life of those villages than buildings erected by the affluent Igbo business people in their cities suburbs! The secret nature of most posters here is laughable because they have a lot to hide. That to me is far from telling the truth.

Thank you.
you shouldn't blame them. Actually there are some villages you will never see a mud house while there are some you will still see mud houses either sparsely or clustered. It depends on the development of the area. My grandfather's house was still a mud house until 2005 when his wife died. As kids,we enjoyed sleeping in the house rather than sleeping in my father's 9 bedroom duplex. The house is still there but part of it has been destroyed by weather conditions
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceejayluv:
Dude, if you were smart, you'd have checked out those.coordinates on Google Earth to see your much anticipated aerial view of my villa, presumably while you jerk off in anti-ibo climax....

haven't u noticed I don't reply him again?
Y is he concerned that u are posting semi detached houses instead of the communal nonsense that give rise to slums in their states esp ibadan?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceejayluv:
Google Earth! Oh,please! You refused to provide us the name of where that particular building is located. The geographical coordinates you are using as an excuse don't provide us the name but the nearest town or village. It is sad to know you are going after something you can't provide factual answer to.

Only in this argument I can deduce one thing on how much the Igbo people can be over-eulogizing their villages without any communal image to show for it. That is preposterous to say the least and it doesn't speak well of people who like to brag so much about their achievements.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
berem: you shouldn't blame them. Actually there are some villages you will never see a mud house while there are some you will still see mud houses either sparsely or clustered. It depends on the development of the area. My grandfather's house was still a mud house until 2005 when his wife died. As kids,we enjoyed sleeping in the house rather than sleeping in my father's 9 bedroom duplex. The house is still there but part of it has been destroyed by weather conditions

Thank you,lady. I have always admire your courage to tell the truth unlike that hideous ketoprofen, who likes to take every matter on a serious ground.

I think I can make good use of this particular comment to prove that nobody really wants to show me what they are talking about. I would like to see the Igbo villages which don't have mud houses and those which have mud houses in clusters and otherwise.

Thank you once again.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija:
Google Earth! Oh,please! You refused to provide us the name of where that particular building is located. The geographical coordinates you are using as an excuse don't provide us the name but the nearest town or village. It is sad to know you are going after something you can't provide factual answer to.

Only in this argument I can deduce one thing on how much the Igbo people can be over-eulogizing their villages without any communal image to show for it. That is preposterous to say the least and it doesn't speak well of people who like to brag so much about their achievements.

Thank you.
Hahaha, keep ranting.... I remember my friend, Niyi that served in Owerri. The first time he ventured to the hinterlands around nkwerre and njaba, he was surprised at the kind of structures he saw. Normally he expected to see mud houses all around but that wasn't the case. The cost of purchasing land in the ancestral hometown is usually zero, they are mostly inherited. Most of the supposedly good looking houses are owned not by so wealthy peeps. They are owned by average peeps working and hustling in big cities in Nigeria and abroad. It's not uncommon for a menial worker based in USA or Canada to achieve such building in the village in a space of 5-10 years. The cost of those houses may not buy half plot of land in lekki or maitama...

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceejayluv:
Hahaha, keep ranting.... I remember my friend, Niyi that served in Owerri. The first time he ventured to the hinterlands around nkwerre and njaba, he was surprised at the kind of structures he saw. Normally he expected to see mud houses all around but that wasn't the case. The cost of purchasing land in the ancestral hometown is usually zero, they are mostly inherited. Most of the supposedly good looking houses are owned not by so wealthy peeps. They are owned by average peeps working and hustling in big cities in Nigeria and abroad. It's not uncommon for a menial worker based in USA or Canada to achieve such building in the village in a space of 5-10 years. The cost of those houses may not buy half plot of land in lekki or maitama...

Let me say something in Chinese,yin,yinyinyinyin. Is that actually Chinese?! I don't know.That is the way Igbo people go about their achievements and the Igbo village houses in this thread.

This particular comment is funny in the sense that the analogy is totally unnecessary to support your points. Indeed, it makes them more questionable than ever before.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija:

Let me say something in Chinese,yin,yinyinyinyin. Is that actually Chinese?! I don't know.That is the way Igbo people go about their achievements and the Igbo village houses in this thread.

This particular comment is funny in the sense that the analogy is totally unnecessary to support your points. Indeed, it makes them more questionable than ever before.

Thank you.
There was no analogy there.... just pure facts
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceejayluv:
There was no analogy there.... just pure facts
Okay! I would like to call it 'a pure fact' that I cannot relate with. There is no evidence or whatsoever to prove it is what you say it is than words.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
If you agree with me there are mud houses in Igbo villages click LIKE button. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija: If you agree me there are mud houses in Igbo villages click LIKE button. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool cool cool
bull$hit... your friend Berem has clarified it, THERE ARE MUD HOUSES STILL PRESENT in the rural villages in the southeast. I dunno what's giving you a hard-on about seeing the no-longer-common mud huts. I bet if Berem had posted the pic of her father's mansion, you'd have attacked her as well....

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceejayluv:
bull$hit... your friend Berem has clarified it, THERE ARE MUD HOUSES STILL PRESENT in the rural villages in the southeast. I dunno what's giving you a hard-on about seeing the no-longer-common mud huts. I bet if Berem had posted the pic of her father's mansion, you'd have attacked her as well....
This is a long story. Just click LIKE button if you agree with me. It is as simple as that. Hahaha...

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by odumchi: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Odumchi, today is my village's day. Its a big day for us. Where can I post my Udunkulu, oke ekpe nwa nna nna's pictures?

The ikoro has been sounding since I woke up, they are dressing Udunkulu for his grand entrance and his dressing room is right in my compound. I have pictures and hope to make more and i'll love to share.

@doninspain, if you show up in my villa, locate me at the Eze's palace grin

If you'd like to see it on the front page, feel free to create a new thread.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Odumchi, today is my village's day. Its a big day for us. Where can I post my Udunkulu, oke ekpe nwa nna nna's pictures?

The ikoro has been sounding since I woke up, they are dressing Udunkulu for his grand entrance and his dressing room is right in my compound. I have pictures and hope to make more and i'll love to share.

@donigspain, if you show up in my villa, locate me at the Eze's palace grin
Chei, nwanne m ehhhh, I haven't travelled yet. Okoko people travel too early because of your ''Okoko Day'' festival held every 26th. I've got friends from Okoko too. Do you know the house with the inscription ''Lion of Judah'' belonging to a late Policeman? I'm yet to make up my mind to travel but I sure now will because of you and my sweet cousin sister who has been pleading I come back.
We sure will meet either on ''Amokwe Day'' or ultimately on ''Item Day''.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
donigspain: Chei, nwanne m ehhhh, I haven't travelled yet. Okoko people travel too early because of your ''Okoko Day'' festival held every 26th. I've got friends from Okoko too. Do you know the house with the inscription ''Lion of Judah'' belonging to a late Policeman? I'm yet to make up my mind to travel but I sure now will because of you and my sweet cousin sister who has been pleading I come back.
We sure will meet either on ''Amokwe Day'' or ultimately on ''Item Day''.
I would be interested to see images of the festival as well.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OgologoDimkpa: 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
all4naija: If you agree with me there are mud houses in Igbo villages click LIKE button. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool cool cool
Nwa mkpi, shut up there angry grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Christmas is over there is no single Igbo village house image to be posted here. This is a big shame to those who have loud-mouthed about how the Igbo villages are progressing with modern brick buildings and there are no mud houses in any of them. Y'all liars! Bwahaha... cheesy grin

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
ogologodimkpa: Nwa mkpi, shut up there angry grin
Is that all you can say?! why would I shut up when you can't provide evidences to your claims? Hahaha...

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ngwakwe: 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
Wouldn't it mean your definition of village in Igboland is getting extincted hence no picture will fit into your definition.

I would have posted some snaps but my hometown is Aba Central hence wouldn't give you the or'gasm you so desire.

all4naija: Christmas is over there is no single Igbo village house image to be posted here. This is a big shame to those who have loud-mouthed about how the Igbo villages are progressing with modern brick buildings and there are no mud houses in any of them. Y'all liars! Bwahaha... cheesy grin

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Iykeponti(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Bia Thomas, pay d Great Igboland a visit & stop disturbing our peace.... Don't 4get 2go with ya video camera (-,-) 99% of Igboman wud like to buld a perfect house in his village b4 thinking of other stuff.... Tanx 4keeping dis place alivegrin (all4.nyja)
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Iykeponti(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: Wouldn't it mean your definition of village in Igboland is getting extincted hence no picture will fit into your definition.

I would have posted some snaps but my hometown is Aba Central hence wouldn't give you the or'gasm you so desire.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Iykeponti(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
all4naija: Christmas is over there is no single Igbo village house image to be posted here. This is a big shame to those who have loud-mouthed about how the Igbo villages are progressing with modern brick buildings and there are no mud houses in any of them. Y'all liars! Bwahaha... cheesy grin

Thank you.
pls allow dem 2enjoy their xmas holidays wink) stop overspeeding man xD
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Wouldn't it mean your definition of village in Igboland is getting extincted hence no picture will fit into your definition.

No! I disagree with that. It is an excuse all rather an avenue to hide the truth from us. The supporters of brick buildings in Igbo villages haven't been able to provide pictures of any village while bragging about them. You see, that is the reason why I doubt there is any village in Igboland without mud houses.

Please, post the snapshots of your village houses here as soon as possible because I am not going to get o r g a s m from them. It will help to answer the elusive Igbo mud houses argument.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 28, 2013
Iykeponti: pls allow dem 2enjoy their xmas holidays wink) stop overspeeding man xD

That doesn't prevent them from enjoying their Christmas. It will even make it more merry by showcasing their beloved villages to the world(real villages - full of mud buildings).

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ngokafor(f): 9:26am On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija:

That doesn't prevent them from enjoying their Christmas. It will even make it more merry by showcasing their beloved villages to the world(real villages - full of mud buildings).

Thank you.

Dude you are simply pathetic!!...what really is wrong with you??...are you psychotic or what?

..people are posting pictures of their villages for fun while you are here fixated on making an absolute fool of yourself ,so angry and constituting a nuisance!!...grow up,act your old age and get a life and stop acting like a tantrum-throwing toddler.

..i dont know what is wrong with you people honestly...such sad and pathetic lots!

6 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ngokafor:

Dude you are simply pathetic!!...what really is wrong with you??...are you psychotic or what?

..people are posting pictures of their villages for fun while you are here fixated on making an absolute fool of yourself ,so angry and constituting a nuisance!!...grow up,act your old age and get a life and stop acting like a tantrum-throwing toddler.

..i dont know what is wrong with you people honestly...such sad and pathetic lots!
Wow! It hasn't come to that yet. Where are the people's village pictures you are alluding to here? Please,don't just come here to make bogus claim and think I will agree with it without questioning the validity.

However, I can see you are channeling your anger to a baseless idea that doesn't make any difference in the argument because there is no tantrum-throwing here. Only that you are trying to make it looks as though it is.

My advise to you is, you should at least try to make the sense of the whole argument before posting!

Thank you, old man!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.