Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors (19936 Views)

This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) / Pictures Of Jonathan & Amaechi In Port-Harcourt / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by goodtalk(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
OdionOdion: There is much display of naivety and high level expression of bile against President Jonathan especially on this Gov Amaechi's NGF discussion. Hundreds of Gov Amaechi can never be equal to one President Goodluck Jonathan(CFR),there is no basis whatsoever for Amaechi and Jonathan comparism.President has solid track records as an academia before entering politics.Gov Amaechi was a PA to Peter Odili at Pamo Clinic along Aba road Rumuomasi in Port Harcourt prior Peter Odili becoming deputy governor and Governor in Rivers State.Peter Odili made Gov Amaechi whatever he has attained today.Amaechi despite ALL that Odili did for him,Amaechi declared Peter Odili and the family a personal nondratal.Gov Amaechi has good track record of betrayal of even fellow students who survived him while he strugling with poverty in UNIPORT.People like Kachy,Peter,Briggs,Abiye,Esther and the host of others.Amaechi has history and those of us that knew that him appreciate his nothingness, No amount of rains can was off the Leopard's spots.It will be a misnomer if Gov Amaechi is seem to be on this same page with President Jonathan.If pro Gov Amaechi's NGF boycot the President's Dinner because of Amaechi,will they also boycot the President's security meeting.The president remain the President of the whole Nation, while the governors remain sub national leaders.The gap is obvious.
your submissions are merely inconsequential rantings of bias! Mind you t'he tainted toga t'he presedent wears is not CFR but GCON! And i wonder what is grand about jona? Amaechi may have had issued in his past life but from your narration it can be seen that he grew by dint of had work from t'he ranks, served his time and today he is auguably t'he most influencial governor in nigeria! Jonathan was a man that had no shoes growing up and was t'he son of a canoe carver who by share providence came to political life! His soujourn in t'he academia was lack luster as he was a doctor of zoology and am yet to see any past student in uniport ulogise him for his academic dxterity while he taught there! He should stop bringing into disrepute t'he seal and office of t'he president, all nigerians can see his travail and we feel sorry for t'he drowing man! sad

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by akpomeme(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
goodtalk: your submissions are merely inconsequential rantings of bias! Mind you t'he tainted toga t'he presedent wears is not CFR but GCON! And i wonder what is grand about jona? Amaechi may have had issued in his past life but from your narration it can be seen that he grew by dint of had work from t'he ranks, served his time and today he is auguably t'he most influencial governor in nigeria! Jonathan was a man that had no shoes growing up and was t'he son of a canoe carver who by share providence came to political life! His soujourn in t'he academia was lack luster as he was a doctor of zoology and am yet to see any past student in uniport ulogise him for his academic dxterity while he taught there! He should stop bringing into disrepute t'he seal and office of t'he president, all nigerians can see his travail and we feel sorry for t'he drowing man! sad
Hard work? I see...
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Akainzo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
OdionOdion: There is much display of naivety and high level expression of bile against President Jonathan especially on this Gov Amaechi's NGF discussion. Hundreds of Gov Amaechi can never be equal to one President Goodluck Jonathan(CFR),there is no basis whatsoever for Amaechi and Jonathan comparism.President has solid track records as an academia before entering politics.Gov Amaechi was a PA to Peter Odili at Pamo Clinic along Aba road Rumuomasi in Port Harcourt prior Peter Odili becoming deputy governor and Governor in Rivers State.Peter Odili made Gov Amaechi whatever he has attained today.Amaechi despite ALL that Odili did for him,Amaechi declared Peter Odili and the family a personal nondratal.Gov Amaechi has good track record of betrayal of even fellow students who survived him while he strugling with poverty in UNIPORT.People like Kachy,Peter,Briggs,Abiye,Esther and the host of others.Amaechi has history and those of us that knew that history appreciate his nothingness, No amount of rains can was off the Leopard's spots.It will be a misnomer if Gov Amaechi is seem to be on this same page with President Jonathan.If pro Gov Amaechi's NGF boycot the President's Dinner because of Amaechi,will they also boycot the President's security meeting.The president remain the President of the whole Nation, while the governors remain sub national leaders.The gap is obvious.

He has a solid track record as an academia you say? Show me or point me to ONE Thesis he published, ONE book he authored and ONE research he ever did.

You can also point us to Jonathan's achievement as Deputy/Governor of Bayelsa State.

So you are angry that since you knew him while he was poor as a student at UniPort, once he became Governor, you expected him to faciliate your ambition to loot the state resources and corner money as paddy-paddy things ko? Ole! Barawo!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ola Johnson:
What in particular have you learnt from him?

Many things ur aboki covered eyes has not seen!
President GEJ is my MENTOR!

I will say it a million times.. if you no like am go and register yourself at yaba left!
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
edited

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
barcanista: officer we all know what happened to Atiku,ibori and co... Make Amaechi continue, we know his end already.
if you were really a student of history, you will know by now that persecution and power play have always made amaechi stronger, go back and learn bro! Go back and learn!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Lordlexy: 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Tintinix: I do not see the relevance of this post. The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has called for a state dinner.. Even if it is 2 minutes to the time it must be honoured! I dare not dismiss an invite from my Manager without an authenitic reason! Talkless of knowing of the invite days ahead and I plan to meet with my supervisor! Shege betides my supervisor if I dare do that! This is called Chain of authority, the decorum of the office! Even if my supervisor knows My Manager, his boss is doing it delibrately to undermine him!
Why are we discussing this? People look beyond your hatred for the present President and be realistic! You will get fired in your office if you choose to fight your Boss!
Senseless, the governors are not constitutionaly bound to respond or report to d president except 4 matters tat bothers on security. What applies in corporate offices does not hold in d political sphere were partisan politics is played at d detriment of nation unity n security.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Beaf!:

ACN or not your master is being childish. Sapele water is affecting him big time.

The president is being childish for organizing a dinner without informing Amaechi first? I can see that kparaga is affecting you... grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Lordlexy: 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Tintinix: I do not see the relevance of this post. The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has called for a state dinner.. Even if it is 2 minutes to the time it must be honoured! I dare not dismiss an invite from my Manager without an authenitic reason! Talkless of knowing of the invite days ahead and I plan to meet with my supervisor! Shege betides my supervisor if I dare do that! This is called Chain of authority, the decorum of the office! Even if my supervisor knows My Manager, his boss is doing it delibrately to undermine him!
Why are we discussing this? People look beyond your hatred for the present President and be realistic! You will get fired in your office if you choose to fight your Boss!
Senseless, the governors are not constitutionaly bound to respond or report to d president except 4 matters tat bothers on security. What applies in corporate offices does not hold in d political sphere were partisan politics is played at d detriment of nation unity n security.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
hisson3: if you were really a student of history, you will know by now that persecution and power play have always made amaechi stronger, go back and learn bro! Go back and learn!

Learn from where and from whom? He is fried meat. Even Rivers state is against him.... grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
Akainzo:

He has a solid track record as an academia you say? Show me or point me to ONE Thesis he published, ONE book he authored and ONE research he ever did.

You can also point us to Jonathan's achievement as Deputy/Governor of Bayelsa State.

So you are angry that since you knew him while he was poor as a student at UniPort, once he became Governor, you expected him to faciliate your ambition to loot the state resources and corner money as paddy-paddy things ko? Ole! Barawo!!!

Go to his alma mata and request to see his thesis. Do you expect to see it on NL? grin
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by vislabraye(m): 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
PapaBrowne: What I have noticed with many of you opposition folks is this:

You lack intelligence. You lack Strategy. You lack Doggedness and Deftness.

But you have in abundant supply: Cowardly Abuses. Sustained Whining. Absolute Hopelessness.

Again I will tell you this. A united Governor's forum is a threat to the operations of the Executive. It made OBJ kneel down and beg Atiku. It has made all our Presidents and Vice Presidents since 2007 come from their ranks. It has made them fight against the collective good of Nigerians with regards to the Sovereign Wealth Fund.

So the strategists of the supposed clueless one, came up with a strategy. Destroy the Unity of the NGF so the executive can have peace. And it has worked perfectly. Because the opposition lacked intelligence and Strategic thinking capabilities, they fell for the trap.

Jonathan does not want to control the NGF. He simply wants it divided. And he has what he wants.

It leaves me wondering who the real clueless ones are? Apparently lack of intelligence and strategic thinking from the opposition tells us more about cluelessness.

You've made a fantastic point. Don't mind de children on NL who keep insulting without thinking deep.
I think its hightime Seun puts age restriction in politics section of NL

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
vislabraye:

You've made a fantastic point. Don't mind de children on NL who keep insulting without thinking deep.
I think its hightime Seun puts age restriction in politics section of NL

The ACN folks on NL are in 2 categories. One category are paid Alausa sycophants and active ACN members like Eko Ile and Gbawe. The other category are students and kids with cheap BB access to he Internet. They will always insult the president because that is what agberos do. Just go to the nearest motor park and observe them. They have no manners or finese. grin
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by abdul4new(m): 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
dayokanu: Retardeen Jonathan is the most petty and useless leader this country has ever produced

Imagine the childish politics of calling a Governors meeting when Amaechi called one

Why not simply schedule his own meeting after Amaechis since the latter called for a meeting first

Since when do presidents start dragging powers with a Governor,

He has really brought the Presidency to disrepute and an object of ridicule

Thats how his Hippo of a wife spent the whole of 2 weeks in Port Harcourt waging war on a governor

oh boy i hail your comments.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by visalo: 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
dayokanu: Retardeen Jonathan is the most petty and useless leader this country has ever produced

Imagine the childish politics of calling a Governors meeting when Amaechi called one

Why not simply schedule his own meeting after Amaechis since the latter called for a meeting first

Thats how his Hippo of a wife spent the whole of 2 weeks in Port Harcourt waging war on a governor

I hope you are normal?
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
thelastPope:

Learn from where and from whom? He is fried meat. Even Rivers state is against him.... grin grin grin
and my good sir! Pray give us proof that rivers state is against amaechi?
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by kiyosaki1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
bbpreye.:

Imagine someone calling your father a retardeen. i dont blame you!

GEJ remains my mentor and i will have the last laugh by 2015!
You will be disappointed
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2013

In your haste to insult the president you made too many blunders, I cant even count!

1. The president did not call for a governors meeting

2. The president has no business with Amaechi's schedule. What has an Amaechi meeting got to do with the president's plan? If anything, it is Amaechi, a mere gov, that should adjust his plans to allign with the presidents

3. The presidents dinner has been fixed a long time ago

4. GEJ has never and will never drag power with Amaechi. That is a stup1d thing to say. On what basis will he drag power with a gov? If the president wants to fix Amaechi, he would have done that already and nothing will happen. Amaechi is lucky GEJ is a gentle man

5. He has brought the presidency to disrepute amongst ACN sycophants and Tinubu press like Sahara Reporters and Premium times and Daily trust. You opinions are for you and your kind. We have taken note... grin grin grin

6. Insulting the presidents wife only goives you up as an unitelligent tout!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by kiyosaki1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
visalo:

I hope you are normal?
He's absolutely normal
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
hisson3: and my good sir! Pray give us proof that rivers state is against amaechi?

Have you been living under a rock? He is on his own. Last week, kalabari chiefs told him to his face he should go and reconcile with the president if he has any issues. You think ND people will support an Amaechi who wants to be second fiddle to an aboki over GEJ? Think again bro... wink
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by kiyosaki1(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
thelastPope:

In your haste to insult the president you made too many blunders, I cant even count!

1. The president did not call for a governors meeting

2. The president has no business with Amaechi's schedule. What has an Amaechi meeting got to do with the president's plan? If anything, it is Amaechi, a mere gov, that should adjust his plans to allign with the presidents

3. The presidents dinner has been fixed a long time ago

4. GEJ has never and will never drag power with Amaechi. That is a stup1d thing to say. On what basis will he drag power with a gov? If the president wants to fix Amaechi, he would have done that already and nothing will happen. Amaechi is lucky GEJ is a gentle man

5. He has brought the presidency to disrepute amongst ACN sycophants and Tinubu press like Sahara Reporters and Premium times and Daily trust. You opinions are for you and your kind. We have taken note... grin grin grin

6. Insulting the presidents wife only goives you up as an unitelligent tout!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Your source please, or you keep shut forever
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
kiyosaki1: He's absolutely normal

Well, in the ACN sycophants world, he is normal. The best word to describe him is TOUT!
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Mccullum: 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
by their character u'll know them, no comment for now am still watching.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
kiyosaki1: Your source please, or you keep shut forever

Source for what? Are you high?... cheesy
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Parisbee5(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
Amaechi is winning
Jona Jang is Janging
Jonathan is sleeping
PDP is drowning
Nigeria will conquer!!!
2015 ........ Road getting clearer , Here we come!!
GMB/Fashola for 2015 , we shall overcome/3ce
Todayyyyyy
Deep in my heart
I do beleive
We shall overcome today/ Amen

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by BrightCar: 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
WHO SAYS AMAECHI IS DEMOCRAT? DON'T BE FOOLED, HE IS NEVER ONE.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by visalo: 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
APC HATERS...read tribune for the true story....Perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.

Information at the disposal of the Nigerian Tribune confirmed that the Rivers State governor, who is leading a faction of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), had fixed a meeting of his faction to clash with a mid-term dinner to be hosted by President Jonathan on the same day.

Amaechi’s invitation to governors for the NGF meeting, scheduled for tomorrow, was sent out on Monday afternoon, with details of the agenda being received at the government houses of governors loyal to his faction.

In a release signed by Chidinma Oyenalim and sent to the media, the venue of the meeting was fixed for the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge at Asokoro, Abuja, and set to begin at 8.00 p.m.

It was, however, gathered that the president had, weeks ago, fixed the same day, at 8.00 p.m for the mid-term dinner with governors.

The dinner with the president, Nigerian Tribune gathered, was meant for all governors, as the invitation went to all the 36 state governors.

“The stage is set again for another clash between the Rivers State governor and the presidency, as the governor is said to have fixed the meeting of the NGF at the same time President Jonathan had earlier fixed to host all the governors for a mid-term dinner. Both events are scheduled for Wednesday night,” a source said.

One of the governors loyal to Amaechi faction said on Monday that the invitation for the NGF meeting had been received and that he was, however, set to attend the dinner with the president.

“There is a limit to personal interest as against national interest. The task that we have is to keep Nigeria one, protect its integrity, while also attracting certain projects and appointments to our state,” the governor said, adding that he would attend the dinner called by the president, because he had no quarrel with the president, though there are problems within the NGF.

However, another pro-Amaechi governor told the Nigerian Tribune that he would be at the meeting called by the Rivers governor.

“We have confirmed today the invitation for the NGF meeting and we will be there. We have to support him since we put him there,” the governor said.

Sources also confirmed the agenda of the Amaechi-led NGF meeting to the Nigerian Tribune.

A copy of the agenda indicated the items to include chairman’s briefs on the new, fresh and subsisting litigations; update on Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), Excess Crude Account (ECA) and Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF); polio eradication initiative; Post-NGF election disagreement; NGF and its partners and its strategic plan.

Meanwhile, Edo State governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has faulted the call by the president of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Mr Okey Wali, for the proscription of the NGF, saying the call negates the provision of the constitution on Freedom of Association.

While declaring open the 2013 Law Week of the NBA, Benin branch, on Monday, the governor said “recently, I watched the president of the NBA, saying in Yenogoa, Beyelsa State, that the NGF should be discarded. I think the factor of location influenced his conclusion. He betrayed his oath to defend Nigerians on the right to associate.

“One of the fundamental rights of every person, including governors, presidents, is the right of association. If presidents have the right to African Union, to United Nations, to all the other formal and informal gathering, how can the president of a learned community suggest that the NGF be proscribed on account of difficulties, whether 16 is more than 19, although he is unable to provide the answer.

“If we unlearned people don’t know, the learned people should know. Then if learned people don’t know that 19 is more than 16, then I suggest that all of you should be proscribed.”

Oshiomhole said when a nation was led by characters who would not stand by the truth, then that nation was doomed.

“I want to submit that the environment and the overall circumstances, known and unknown, that led the NBA president to call for the freezing of the right of governors to associate borders on corrupt practice,” he added.

According to him, “anybody who keeps quite in the face of compelling facts is not doing the nation any good. In any case, I do not need the governors’ forum to do what I have to do. All I need is the Edo forum.”

The governor reiterated his opposition to the revenue allocation formula, saying “we must give Abuja less money.”

He said Nigerians should stop lamenting that 14 years after, Nigeria’s democracy was not delivering to the people, saying that the beauty of democracy was that the people had the power to hire and fire.

“Since Nigerians know the party that has been at the helm since 1999, it is in their hands to decide if they still want the party in power or not,” he said.

NGF can’t become opposition to FG —Jang-led faction
The Governor Jonah Jang-led NGF has reviewed its activities, warning that it would not allow the NGF to be an opposition platform to the policies of the Federal Government.

“Governor Jang is committed to ensuring that the forum is not used as an organ of open defiance and opposition to the policies of the Federal Government, but, instead, one that will work in synergy with all tiers of government for the common good of our nation.

“This new approach is already yielding positive results, as evidenced by the amicable settlement of the federation and excess crude accounts sharing imbroglio that has lingered for too long,” the Director-General of the faction, Osaro Onaiwu, said.

According to a statement issued by Onaiwu, in Abuja, on Monday, the NGF set up a committee led by Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State to work out ways to resolve the disagreement.

[b]THE perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.

Information at the disposal of the Nigerian Tribune confirmed that the Rivers State governor, who is leading a faction of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), had fixed a meeting of his faction to clash with a mid-term dinner to be hosted by President Jonathan on the same day.

Amaechi’s invitation to governors for the NGF meeting, scheduled for tomorrow, was sent out on Monday afternoon, with details of the agenda being received at the government houses of governors loyal to his faction.

In a release signed by Chidinma Oyenalim and sent to the media, the venue of the meeting was fixed for the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge at Asokoro, Abuja, and set to begin at 8.00 p.m.

It was, however, gathered that the president had, weeks ago, fixed the same day, at 8.00 p.m for the mid-term dinner with governors.

The dinner with the president, Nigerian Tribune gathered, was meant for all governors, as the invitation went to all the 36 state governors.

“The stage is set again for another clash between the Rivers State governor and the presidency, as the governor is said to have fixed the meeting of the NGF at the same time President Jonathan had earlier fixed to host all the governors for a mid-term dinner. Both events are scheduled for Wednesday night,” a source said.

One of the governors loyal to Amaechi faction said on Monday that the invitation for the NGF meeting had been received and that he was, however, set to attend the dinner with the president.

“There is a limit to personal interest as against national interest. The task that we have is to keep Nigeria one, protect its integrity, while also attracting certain projects and appointments to our state,” the governor said, adding that he would attend the dinner called by the president, because he had no quarrel with the president, though there are problems within the NGF.

However, another pro-Amaechi governor told the Nigerian Tribune that he would be at the meeting called by the Rivers governor.

“We have confirmed today the invitation for the NGF meeting and we will be there. We have to support him since we put him there,” the governor said.

Sources also confirmed the agenda of the Amaechi-led NGF meeting to the Nigerian Tribune.

A copy of the agenda indicated the items to include chairman’s briefs on the new, fresh and subsisting litigations; update on Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), Excess Crude Account (ECA) and Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF); polio eradication initiative; Post-NGF election disagreement; NGF and its partners and its strategic plan.

Meanwhile, Edo State governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has faulted the call by the president of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Mr Okey Wali, for the proscription of the NGF, saying the call negates the provision of the constitution on Freedom of Association.

While declaring open the 2013 Law Week of the NBA, Benin branch, on Monday, the governor said “recently, I watched the president of the NBA, saying in Yenogoa, Beyelsa State, that the NGF should be discarded. I think the factor of location influenced his conclusion. He betrayed his oath to defend Nigerians on the right to associate.

“One of the fundamental rights of every person, including governors, presidents, is the right of association. If presidents have the right to African Union, to United Nations, to all the other formal and informal gathering, how can the president of a learned community suggest that the NGF be proscribed on account of difficulties, whether 16 is more than 19, although he is unable to provide the answer.

“If we unlearned people don’t know, the learned people should know. Then if learned people don’t know that 19 is more than 16, then I suggest that all of you should be proscribed.”

Oshiomhole said when a nation was led by characters who would not stand by the truth, then that nation was doomed.

“I want to submit that the environment and the overall circumstances, known and unknown, that led the NBA president to call for the freezing of the right of governors to associate borders on corrupt practice,” he added.

According to him, “anybody who keeps quite in the face of compelling facts is not doing the nation any good. In any case, I do not need the governors’ forum to do what I have to do. All I need is the Edo forum.”

The governor reiterated his opposition to the revenue allocation formula, saying “we must give Abuja less money.”

He said Nigerians should stop lamenting that 14 years after, Nigeria’s democracy was not delivering to the people, saying that the beauty of democracy was that the people had the power to hire and fire.

“Since Nigerians know the party that has been at the helm since 1999, it is in their hands to decide if they still want the party in power or not,” he said.

The Governor Jonah Jang-led NGF has reviewed its activities, warning that it would not allow the NGF to be an opposition platform to the policies of the Federal Government.

“Governor Jang is committed to ensuring that the forum is not used as an organ of open defiance and opposition to the policies of the Federal Government, but, instead, one that will work in synergy with all tiers of government for the common good of our nation.

“This new approach is already yielding positive results, as evidenced by the amicable settlement of the federation and excess crude accounts sharing imbroglio that has lingered for too long,” the Director-General of the faction, Osaro Onaiwu, said.

According to a statement issued by Onaiwu, in Abuja, on Monday, the NGF set up a committee led by Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State to work out ways to resolve the disagreement.

[/b]THE perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by visalo: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
kiyosaki1: Your source please, or you keep shut forever

THE perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by kiyosaki1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
thelastPope:

Have you been living under a rock? He is on his own. Last week, kalabari chiefs told him to his face he should go and reconcile with the president if he has any issues. You think ND people will support an Amaechi who wants to be second fiddle to an aboki over GEJ? Think again bro... wink
That's why Patient Jonathan relocated to PH.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by safejourney: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
Amechi score 19, Jang score 16, the president still support the loser which means the president is a wuruwuru man. I just pity for the man called Jonathan, he should remember that his GODFATHER no support am for 2nd term. the Godfather support LAMIDO and at the same time the GOD Father is now a Clergy/Evangelist.

I believe so far the Rivers state house of assembly back/support Amechi nobody can remove him laelae. this is democracy. All this issue dragging with Amechi, they just dey give more star.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
visalo: APC HATERS...read tribune for the true story....Perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.

[b]THE perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.

[/b]THE perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.

na wa
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by figment232(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
hisson3: if you were really a student of history, you will know by now that persecution and power play have always made amaechi stronger, go back and learn bro! Go back and learn!
Hw do u mean? expansiate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekwueme May Be Homeless Next Rainy Season –UK Erosion Expert / Anambra Oil Producing State Status: Governor Obiano Meets Timipre Sylva / Petrol Scarcity Worsens Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.