Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors (19935 Views)

This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) / Pictures Of Jonathan & Amaechi In Port-Harcourt / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by maclatunji: 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
egift: For President Jonathan and the PDP, NGF's election is an experiment of 2015 election Template. Here are the highlights they are fine-tuning.

- How to extract commitment/signatures from Nigerians/Governors.
- How to select a consensus to avoid everyone to exercise there freedom of choice without undue pressures/intimidation.
- How to impose themselves and those they choose.
- How to manipulate/influence the election and its outcome.
- How best to reject the results, if not favourable.
- How to continuously push their predetermined decisions down the throat of Nigerians.

All these steps above have been executed successfully, only 2 critical steps are left to finalize everything. These are:
- How to divide, destroy and make those that oppose to give it up.
- Finally, how to get everyone to accept the result they want.

Your head is very 'correct'.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by GoodNigerian: 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
“Well, we prefer the NGF meeting to a dinner. The Presidency is trying to use the dinner to divide the Forum. We know the other 16 governors following Jang may opt for the dinner but we will prefer to go hungry to protect the nation’s democracy than go for food.”

Are you sure we are not talking about #100 million (monetized) dinner package here. Make d dinner sour abeg for d sake of the unemployed Nigerian youths who cannot eat dinner in their respective homes. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by maclatunji: 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
PapaBrowne: What I have noticed with many of you opposition folks is this:

You lack intelligence. You lack Strategy. You lack Doggedness and Deftness.

But you have in abundant supply: Cowardly Abuses. Sustained Whining. Absolute Hopelessness.

Again I will tell you this. A united Governor's forum is a threat to the operations of the Executive. It made OBJ kneel down and beg Atiku. It has made all our Presidents and Vice Presidents since 2007 come from their ranks. It has made them fight against the collective good of Nigerians with regards to the Sovereign Wealth Fund.

So the strategists of the supposed clueless one, came up with a strategy. Destroy the Unity of the NGF so the executive can have peace. And it has worked perfectly. Because the opposition lacked intelligence and Strategic thinking capabilities, they fell for the trap.

Jonathan does not want to control the NGF. He simply wants it divided. And he has what he wants.

It leaves me wondering who the real clueless ones are? Apparently lack of intelligence and strategic thinking from the opposition tells us more about cluelessness.

Let him keep dividing until it is impossible to divide any further.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by figment232(m): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Larryfly:

you are wrong bro. its in the news that the dinner was just fixed with no agenda. meanwhile amaechi is not seeking any relevance but only carrying out his duties as chairman of ngf which many of your types have been calling him to do. my brother try and call a spade, a spade except if you are benefiting from it shaa.
Cant you use ur thick skull to think.How can a meeting be called on such short notice with dignitries from far and near invited.You have know to that the date for the dinner has long been fixed and IVs have long been distributed 2wks b4 now.So what re we saying

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Rooneyboy(m): 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
PapaBrowne: [/color]

Jonathan does not want to control the NGF. He simply wants it divided. And he has what he wants.

Absolute rubbish coming from someone that considers himself smart.

Jonathan is ONLY after his 2015 election and considers Amaechi a threat.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Tintinix: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
I do not see the relevance of this post. The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has called for a state dinner.. Even if it is 2 minutes to the time it must be honoured! I dare not dismiss an invite from my Manager without an authenitic reason! Talkless of knowing of the invite days ahead and I plan to meet with my supervisor! Shege betides my supervisor if I dare do that! This is called Chain of authority, the decorum of the office! Even if my supervisor knows My Manager, his boss is doing it delibrately to undermine him!
Why are we discussing this? People look beyond your hatred for the present President and be realistic! You will get fired in your office if you choose to fight your Boss!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by emmanuel4758(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bleep amaechi

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Biggyd2: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Agbaya tinz. SMH undecided
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by joshuaidibia(m): 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Its like Amaechi wants to die :-|
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by trappatoni(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
nuclearboy: This is just so indecent, so petty, so self-serving! cry

Why is this President disrespecting himself so much? He has turned himself and the office he sits in, into a joke! If the pro-Amaechi governors refuse his dinner, he becomes a laughing stock. If they attend, he becomes a bully.

So where's the honor WHATEVER happens?

Why not be presidential and ignore them?

This is something I wouldn't expect from a LGA Councillor who has attained 30 years of age cry
my dear president is reasoning like a nursery two pupil

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by camelus: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2013

But you have in abundant supply: Cowardly Abuses. Sustained Whining. Absolute Hopelessness.

Again I will tell you this. A united Governor's forum is a threat to the operations of the Executive. It made OBJ kneel down and beg Atiku. It has made all our Presidents and Vice Presidents since 2007 come from their ranks. It has made them fight against the collective good of Nigerians with regards to the Sovereign Wealth Fund.

So the strategists of the supposed clueless one, came up with a strategy. Destroy the Unity of the NGF so the executive can have peace. And it has worked perfectly. Because the opposition lacked intelligence and Strategic thinking capabilities, they fell for the trap.

It leaves me wondering who the real clueless ones are? Apparently lack of intelligence and strategic thinking from the opposition tells us more about cluelessness.
NGF is Fascist,Authocratic,Tyrannical,Undemocratic etc reason being that Governors constituted the Association as Machinery for controlling the Presidency to their own advantage.
The major aim of NGF is to ensure that former or incumbent Governors emerge as the flag bearers of their respective Parties or say PDP this ensures perpetuation of these Governors from one Political Office to a higher one thereby having immunity for longer years so that they can't be Probed.
So my question remains y is the poor Masses interested in this NGF drama that do not serve Public interest.
Be it as it may as GEJ is almost breaking the NGF so that it will pave way for qualified Candidates who has never became Governor to have opportunity during Party primaries to emerge Presidential Candidates this will be equal opportunity for all.
Long live GEJ! Long Live Democracy !! Long live Nigeria !!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by FLYFIRE(m): 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
dayokanu: Retardeen Jonathan is the most petty and useless leader this country has ever produced

Imagine the childish politics of calling a Governors meeting when Amaechi called one

Why not simply schedule his own meeting after Amaechis since the latter called for a meeting first

Since when do presidents start dragging powers with a Governor,

He has really brought the Presidency to disrepute and an object of ridicule

Thats how his Hippo of a wife spent the whole of 2 weeks in Port Harcourt waging war on a governor

RIP dayo smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by IYANGBALI: 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
dayokanu: Retardeen Jonathan is the most petty and useless leader this country has ever produced

Imagine the childish politics of calling a Governors meeting when Amaechi called one

Why not simply schedule his own meeting after Amaechis since the latter called for a meeting first

Since when do presidents start dragging powers with a Governor,

He has really brought the Presidency to disrepute and an object of ridicule

Thats how his Hippo of a wife spent the whole of 2 weeks in Port Harcourt waging war on a governor
our oga at the top no get shame
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Godpickin: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
The only roll on ameachi is using is NORTH Roll on...hope when it dries up he would still b around.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by IYANGBALI: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
trappatoni: my dear president is reasoning like a nursery two pupil
gbam
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by OdionOdion: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
There is much display of naivety and high level expression of bile against President Jonathan especially on this Gov Amaechi's NGF discussion. Hundreds of Gov Amaechi can never be equal to one President Goodluck Jonathan(GCFR),there is no basis whatsoever for Amaechi and Jonathan comparism.President has solid track records as an academia before entering politics.Gov Amaechi was a PA to Peter Odili at Pamo Clinic along Aba road Rumuomasi in Port Harcourt prior Peter Odili becoming deputy governor and Governor in Rivers State.Peter Odili made Gov Amaechi whatever he has attained today.Amaechi despite ALL that Odili did for him,Amaechi declared Peter Odili and the family a personal nondratal.Gov Amaechi has good track record of betrayal of even fellow students who survived him while he strugling with poverty in UNIPORT.People like Kachy,Peter,Briggs,Abiye,Esther and the host of others.Amaechi has history and those of us that knew that history appreciate his nothingness, No amount of rains can was off the Leopard's spots.It will be a misnomer if Gov Amaechi is seem to be on this same page with President Jonathan.If pro Gov Amaechi's NGF boycot the President's Dinner because of Amaechi,will they also boycot the President's security meeting.The president remain the President of the whole Nation, while the governors remain sub national leaders.The gap is obvious.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by IYANGBALI: 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
joshua idibia: Its like Amaechi wants to die :-|
go kill am now
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by thelastPope(m): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
It is always fun to see ACN gang jumping on a thread to talk trash. Their opinions dont count. They are inconsequential. To suggest that the President of a country should work out his schedule to allign with the schedules of mere state govs is very laughable. Only ACN sycophants can reason like that. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
noblezone: Amaechi can continue his naked dance in the market square, but he should prepare to migrate to North when the CHEAPS are finally down.

CHEAPS kò EXPENSIVE ni
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Beaf1: 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
Joke of a president. R3tard!
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by goodtalk(m): 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
noblezone: Jonathan, break their backbones!

These are the executive felons who opposed the state of emergency as was declared to brink sanity in Nothern regions infested by the menace of primitive Jihardists!

Nigerians are dafts! So they have forgotten so soon? So Amaechi and his fellow anarchists are now democrats? Let the two meetings go side by side, let the roll calls roll, then we shall know who is who!

Amaechi can continue his naked dance in the market square, but he should prepare to migrate to North when the cheaps are finally down.
. HisssssssssSssss. I can see you are amoung t'he drummers encouraging t'he dancing of t'he mad man in t'he market place thereby shaming his relatives! If it was jang that called a meeting coinciding with amaechi i would understand but why mr presedent? How long will jona denegrate t'he office of t'he presedent of t'he federal republic of Nigeria! Shame on t'he first family!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Beaf1: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
thelastPope: It is always fun to see ACN gang jumping on a thread to talk trash. Their opinions dont count. They are inconsequential. To suggest that the President of a country should work out his schedule to allign with the schedules of mere state govs is very laughable. Only ACN sycophants can reason like that. grin grin grin

ACN or not your master is being childish. Sapele water is affecting him big time.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by akpomeme(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
Beaf!:

ACN or not your master is being childish. Sapele water is affecting him big time.

please read this and be calm
https://www.nairaland.com/1336595/mid-term-dinner-scheduled-event-presidency#16451724
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Akainzo(m): 2:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Exactly what I said about opposition fellas. Always complaining and lacking in critical thinking. Please learn from Tinubu. He never complains. He uses strategy to get results.

So Jonathan is making Amaechi popular amongst who? Northerners that would never vote for a Christian? Or South Westerners that would never vote an Igbo? Please wear your thinking cap. What good did Ribadu's popularity earn him in the 2011 elections?

At the bolded in your statement, remind me again, in 1999 and 2003, when the SW did not vote for OBJ, where did his votes come from? The Northerners forgot that OBJ was a Christian then? Oh, OBJ was a muslim as of them, he only chnaged to being a christian when he left office ko?

All you sorry arse low-life people, always playing Religious and Ethnic cards, grow up!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by networkrecharg: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2013

[color=#990000]
So the strategists of the supposed clueless one, came up with a strategy. Destroy the Unity of the NGF so the executive can have peace. And it has worked .

Why is this President disrespecting himself so much? He has turned himself and the office he sits in, into a joke! If the pro-Amaechi governors refuse his dinner, he becomes a laughing stock. If they attend, he becomes a bully.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by nigflue: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
This is all about personal interest. All these fight will not help us in this country. Can't imagine people we call leaders misbehaving in public like that. Hmmmm....this is really pathetic
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by mikescofield: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/THE perceived rift between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, is set to take a dramatic turn tomorrow, as both parties test their mights in Abuja.
Information at the disposal of the Nigerian Tribune confirmed that the Rivers State governor, who is leading a faction of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), had fixed a meeting of his faction to clash with a mid-term dinner to be hosted by President Jonathan on the same day.
Amaechi’s invitation to governors for the NGF meeting, scheduled for tomorrow, was sent out on Monday afternoon, with details of the agenda being received at the government houses of governors loyal to his faction.
In a release signed by Chidinma Oyenalim and sent to the media, the venue of the meeting was fixed for the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge at Asokoro, Abuja, and set to begin at 8.00 p.m.
It was, however, gathered that the president had, weeks ago, fixed the same day, at 8.00 p.m for the mid-term dinner with governors
The dinner with the president, Nigerian Tribune gathered, was meant for all governors, as the invitation went to all the 36 state governors.
“The stage is set again for another clash between the Rivers State governor and the presidency, as the governor is said to have fixed the meeting of the NGF at the same time President Jonathan had earlier fixed to host all the governors for a mid-term dinner. Both events are scheduled for Wednesday night,” a source said.
One of the governors loyal to Amaechi faction said on Monday that the invitation for the NGF meeting had been received and that he was, however, set to attend the dinner with the president.
“There is a limit to personal interest as against national interest. The task that we have is to keep Nigeria one, protect its integrity, while also attracting certain projects and appointments to our state,” the governor said, adding that he would attend the dinner called by the president, because he had no quarrel with the president, though there are problems within the NGF.
However, another pro-Amaechi governor told the Nigerian Tribune that he would be at the meeting called by the Rivers governor.
“We have confirmed today the invitation for the NGF meeting and we will be there. We have to support him since we put him there,” the governor said.
Sources also confirmed the agenda of the Amaechi-led NGF meeting to the Nigerian Tribune.
A copy of the agenda indicated the items to include chairman’s briefs on the new, fresh and subsisting litigations; update on Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), Excess Crude Account (ECA) and Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF); polio eradication initiative; Post-NGF election disagreement; NGF and its partners and its strategic plan.
Meanwhile, Edo State governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has faulted the call by the president of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Mr Okey Wali, for the proscription of the NGF, saying the call negates the provision of the constitution on Freedom of Association.
While declaring open the 2013 Law Week of the NBA, Benin branch, on Monday, the governor said “recently, I watched the president of the NBA, saying in Yenogoa, Beyelsa State, that the NGF should be discarded. I think the factor of location influenced his conclusion. He betrayed his oath to defend Nigerians on the right to associate.
“One of the fundamental rights of every person, including governors, presidents, is the right of association. If presidents have the right to African Union, to United Nations, to all the other formal and informal gathering, how can the president of a learned community suggest that the NGF be proscribed on account of difficulties, whether 16 is more than 19, although he is unable to provide the answer.
“If we unlearned people don’t know, the learned people should know. Then if learned people don’t know that 19 is more than 16, then I suggest that all of you should be proscribed.”
Oshiomhole said when a nation was led by characters who would not stand by the truth, then that nation was doomed.
“I want to submit that the environment and the overall circumstances, known and unknown, that led the NBA president to call for the freezing of the right of governors to associate borders on corrupt practice,” he added.
According to him, “anybody who keeps quite in the face of compelling facts is not doing the nation any good. In any case, I do not need the governors’ forum to do what I have to do. All I need is the Edo forum.”
The governor reiterated his opposition to the revenue allocation formula, saying “we must give Abuja less money.”
He said Nigerians should stop lamenting that 14 years after, Nigeria’s democracy was not delivering to the people, saying that the beauty of democracy was that the people had the power to hire and fire.
“Since Nigerians know the party that has been at the helm since 1999, it is in their hands to decide if they still want the party in power or not,” he said.
NGF can’t become opposition to FG —Jang-led faction
The Governor Jonah Jang-led NGF has reviewed its activities, warning that it would not allow the NGF to be an opposition platform to the policies of the Federal Government.
“Governor Jang is committed to ensuring that the forum is not used as an organ of open defiance and opposition to the policies of the Federal Government, but, instead, one that will work in synergy with all tiers of government for the common good of our nation.
“This new approach is already yielding positive results, as evidenced by the amicable settlement of the federation and excess crude accounts sharing imbroglio that has lingered for too long,” the Director-General of the faction, Osaro Onaiwu, said.
According to a statement issued by Onaiwu, in Abuja, on Monday, the NGF set up a committee led by Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State to work out ways to resolve the disagreement.
модули joomla 2.5
Read 9290 timesitem/15181-jonathan,-amaechi-may-clash-over-dinner,-ngf-meeting.html Fellow nairalanders this is the correct version of the story. Jonathan circulated invitations weeks back< its only the Nation Newspaper that reported that Amaechi sent out IVs before Jonathan and ofcourse we all know Tinubu owns Nation. Very soon the fate of Leadership Newspaper will befell Nation for reporting lies and misleading the public. Read Thisday< Guardian, Sun and other newspapers and get the true version. Shame on ACN, shame on CPC,shame on Nation , shame on BH BoooHaarri
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by akpomeme(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
network.recharg:

This is not the case, ignorance is bliss. Most other people in public service just like Nigerian governors were invited. But because you don't know you are drawing blissful conclusions....
https://www.nairaland.com/1336595/mid-term-dinner-scheduled-event-presidency#16451724
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Trachea: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
abu12:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/jonathan-amaechi-in-battle-to-host-governors/
I read somewhere in this forum that the office of the president should be respected. With this act, Jonathan has just thrown the little respect the presidency has remaining out of the window. This is childish.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Is it that we are just too lazy to take a step backwards and think or we just have people that have been blinded by opposition politics commenting on here? The so-called dinner was scheduled a long time ago. Any reasonable person would even think ameachi is the one who's called a meeting to checkmate GEJ's dinner. Goshhh, we don't even have a reliable press in Nigeria any more, they've all been bought either by PDP or the opposition. I verify any news coming from the Nigerian media these days before believing it. Any news that I'm not able to verify, I just disregard cos what the press feeds us with 24/7 is twisted and sometimes they feed us with stories that never occurred
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by trappatoni(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
5much: Amaechi should be ready to relocate to Jigawa should Goodluck win 2015 election.
last time i checked its a free world.why relocate?it shows your level of reasoning-the bottom line is this,do we want true democracy or not a true democratic government must come to terms with having opposition- if you cant bear to look at yourself in the mirror ,someone must tell you how you look.All you have to do is re-evaluate yourself and take the positive out of what the opposition is saying.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi In Battle To Host Governors by Akainzo(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Tintinix: I do not see the relevance of this post. The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has called for a state dinner.. Even if it is 2 minutes to the time it must be honoured! I dare not dismiss an invite from my Manager without an authenitic reason! Talkless of knowing of the invite days ahead and I plan to meet with my supervisor! Shege betides my supervisor if I dare do that! This is called Chain of authority, the decorum of the office! Even if my supervisor knows My Manager, his boss is doing it delibrately to undermine him!
Why are we discussing this? People look beyond your hatred for the present President and be realistic! You will get fired in your office if you choose to fight your Boss!

I shudder at the thought that you actually passed through school, learnt/studied Government in Secondary School and also probably did Commerce as well. The reason for shaking my head is that none of what you studied enabled you to know the difference between an organisation and a government structure, a federal one for that matter!

Can the President sack a Governor? Can he issue a Governor query? Can a President send an order to a Governor the way your Manager in an organisation would? Your cluelessness is on the same level like GEJ, passing through school without any actual education.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Strikes Out Appeal By Rivers APC For Lack Of Merit / Even Southwest Has Rejected You, PDP Tells Tinubu / Ekwueme May Be Homeless Next Rainy Season –UK Erosion Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.