Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,439 members, 7,853,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends (63510 Views)

31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police / A Key Suspect Of The Abducted Chibok Girls Arrested. / Master-minder Of The Abduction Of Chibok Girls Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: skatlo phapha wena, otsebella sefebe kae? O kile oa nkutlwa ke ipitsa moAfrika borwa? People like you are those who bleep up.

If you don't want other nationalities in your country go be a president and stop spewing rubbish sis!

Ho ingwaya e le kgwekgwe. Hona le moo ke ileng ka bitsa lebitso la hao teng? Jwale oko njwetse o llelang?

Ha kea lebella hore otla kgathalla etswe manyala ohle aba etsang haba etse naheng yahao.

1 Like

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by oluwaskid: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
mumu
erayo2GCA: South Africa don't let Nigeria reciprocate the hatred like the way Christians arose hatred for Muslims...Please my SA niggas you guys should kill Chief Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion the former Governor of Edo State he owns a mansion in SA. make una shoot am d way una shoot Lucky Dboy
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
Spoofpro0f: what are u saying?
are you TUMISANG
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by biolabee(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
ShyM-X:

Thanks, bruv.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy of most Nigerians. Living in denial is a very problematic state of mind, hence why Nigeria's progress has been stagnated for time.

Honestly, something has to been done about the mentality of most Nigerians. A country that was destined to be the saviour of the black world at independence; only to turn out as the nemesis. Yet most Nigerians still act like nothing is wrong.

History will judge Nigeria.

haha...
The reason why i raised the issue of Micheal is you cant pin that one on naija people naa

all4naija,,, we meet again on another ZA thread
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by TonySpike: 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
biolabee: Yes as a people, we have had some challenges

We all suffer discrimination as a result of this self same issues

Micheal was indoctrinated in the West same with the Boston Bombers which portend an unseen danger of inbred extremism which may blow out within the next ten years

Seems some posters dont get your play

The funniest part of this thread is that more than 80% of the Nigerians commenting on this thread have never been to South Africa. Isn't that ironic in itself? Some of us (Nigerians) who once lived with South Africans for over two years are trying to give you guys a real picture of what is on ground, yet you don't wanna hear. Nigerians that earlier came to SA in the late 1990s and early 2000s messed up the place with some really nasty crimes. The situation today hasn't changed but has actually worsened because the South African media ramped the 'Nigerian' crimes to the populace for at least 10 yrs!!! I've interacted with South Africans both professionals and non-professionals. I find it interesting that a lot of them admire Nigerians, but for the crime stereotypes which make them wary of relating properly with us. As a Nigerian, you really need to - work harder to prove yourself everywhere and every time - to show people that you're a different breed from the generalized stereotypical view of Nigerians. This really hurts me and I'm sure many of us who are outside the country understand my point of view.

I don't know if the Nigerian image can be completely redeemed anywhere in the world, it would take a huge miracle, with tough and transformational leadership(s) at home to pull this off. Nigerians are smart, talented, intelligent and wonderful. The only thing lacking in us is discipline, moral rectitude to corruption, reckless materialism and vainglory. These reasons are unarguably the factors that get us into trouble in almost every known country we travel to. Thanks y'all

7 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Spoofpro0f(m): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: are you TUMISANG
no what's tumisang Just translate all what u were saying,what were u guys talking about?
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tumisang:

Ho ingwaya e le kgwekgwe. Hona le moo ke ileng ka bitsa lebitso la hao teng? Jwale onko njwetse o llelang?

Ha kea lebella hore otla kgathalla etswe manyala ohle aba etsang haba etse naheng yahao.
bona, kopa e hate ka maro hle. Ke phetse S.A ho tloha ha kele 15, ke ne ke tshwerwe hampe hoo, but hanka ka inehela and kea tseba ba teng batho ba babe and mostly are nigerians but nna habaso nktse hampe ekaba kea ba tlama
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Tumisang oe, hase kaofela batho ba na ba leng joalo. Ke lula ke tshireletsa S.A because Lesotho le landlocked kahara yona, ntho tse etsoang nigerians in S.A limpe lihloka ho tshwelwa ka mathee. Same goes to the nigerians bleeping up! Hake loane, ke kopa e hate ka maro ntate

Kea leboha

Kese ke e hatile nnake.

Lenna hase hore keba hloile empa fela ke tenwa ke diketso tsabao ba tswileng pelo ke tjhelete.

2 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
Spoofpro0f: no what's tumisang Just translate all what u were saying,what were u guys talking about?
the same thing ya'll are talking about freedom of speech grin btw, Tumisang happens to be a name of someone.
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by biolabee(m): 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Sadly you are right..

A lot of the posters are speaking from stereotypes but some of the other nationalities are no better in this same regard
It is louder here because this is a nigerian centric forum

Tony Spike:

The funniest part of this thread is that more than 80% of the Nigerians commenting on this thread have never been to South Africa. Isn't that ironic in itself? Some of us (Nigerians) who once lived with South Africans for over two years are trying to give you guys a real picture of what is on ground, yet you don't wanna hear. Nigerians that earlier came to SA in the late 1990s and early 2000s messed up the place with some really nasty crimes. The situation today hasn't changed but has actually worsened because the South African media ramped the 'Nigerian' crimes to the populace for at least 10 yrs!!! I've interacted with South Africans both professionals and non-professionals. I find it interesting that a lot of them admire Nigerians, but for the crime stereotypes which make them wary of relating properly with us. As a Nigerian, you really need to - work harder to prove yourself everywhere and every time - to show people that you're a different breed from the generalized stereotypical view of Nigerians. This really hurts me and I'm sure many of us who are outside the country understand my point of view.

I don't know if the Nigerian image can be completely redeemed anywhere in the world, it would take a huge miracle, with tough and transformational leadership(s) at home to pull this off. Nigerians are smart, talented, intelligent and wonderful. The only thing lacking in us is discipline, moral rectitude to corruption, reckless materialism and vainglory. These reasons are responsible we get into trouble in almost every known country we travel to. Thanks y'all
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
biolabee:

haha...
The reason why i raised the issue of Micheal is you cant pin that one on naija people naa

all4naija,,, we meet again on another ZA thread.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin. South Africans always get on my nerves with their primitive actions. Yeah,we meet again.

How are ya?

1 Like

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tumisang:

Kese ke e hatile nnake.

Lenna hase hore keba hloile empa fela ke tenwa ke diketso tsabao ba tswileng pelo ke tjhelete.
grin ke lenyaile la koloba grin mona teng kea otlatsa. O tlantse noha hloohong. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by biolabee(m): 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
all4naija: cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin. South Africans always get on my nerves with their primitive actions. Yeah,we meet again.

How are ya?

im fine... if the story is true though,, it is really sad though we only heard from one angle
I wish the undesirable elements in ZA could be punished so that the stereotype is cleansed as i know there are bad people and good people in every nation of the world
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by ojialo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
U call ur man-hole da giant of Africa so why leave n go to a country where u will be discriminated. cheesy grin
dat nigerians re in oda country dosnt mean nigeria is hell i believe many of ur country men re also in another mans land does dat mean ur country is hell most of u guys re juvenile, think of how to make dis continet grate than dis meaningless cyber war. I dont even knw what is in most of dis africa countries that u guys brag of yet africa keep borrwing billions and enslaving themselves to the so called developed countries

4 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by RedLight1: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Qelvin:
stop deceiving yourself kid...man up and admit you are not Nigerian,cause the venom in your heart even towards your fatherland is quite baffling...f.u.ck objectivity for a second and take a swipe off that sanctimonious bullsh.it..no matter how bad Nigeria is,or how bad you despise your country ?...at some point you will always stand up in defense of the country that gave you life and identity,especially when inconsequential idiots from other countries mistreat and disrespect your own people...common man is it that hard to stand up for your country so you feel cool seeing this slags come here and insult the pride of Nigeria? one nutter of a Ghanaian who had no business in this thread was even brazen enough to come into a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with Ghana,and started spewing hate...calling my people disgusting and hateful words like "criminals,animals,cannibals.." What the actual f.u.ck is that all about? and i am sure all that sounded "factual" to you yeah...? you are straight up one heck of a watered down negro with a confused sense of belonging...like real shyt,and i will spill it to your face on any given day...just for the records my Mum is Nigerian and my dad Ivorian,i have spent all my life growing up in Ivory Coast and France with no affinity or bond to Nigeria,but i will never let any SOB put down Nigeria just for the fun of it,you remind me so much of a typical Uncle Tom character,always ready to kiss the a.s.s of the White man just to cling to the threshold of servile stupidity, all in an effort to appear "cool and civilized" before the white race,meanwhile his black brothers are wilting under the cracking whips of the white masters,begging for a sense of belonging without getting any...good luck on your shyt.
my brother, is better you stop quoting that "shymess" rootless bastard with no identity.. he is another nigerian wannabe just like every other gaynians and south Africans scums on nairaland... he is an attention seeking pig that will drag you to mud just to get attention

4 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: grin ke lenyaile la koloba grin mona teng kea otlatsa. O tlantse noha hloohong. Thanks

Ho lebohile nna. wink

1 Like

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by alfaBOT: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tumisang:

Ho lebohile nna. wink
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by alfaBOT: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2013

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by EzePromoe: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
I think, this whole ish is being overhyped, no thanks to the media.
I was one hell of an anti-South African activist, until my visit to Kwazulu Natal province last month. The place is very cool, and the people there are so accomodating.
I even intend marrying a South African, so you guys should desist from instigating contempt in my heart against my inlaws to be angry

1 Like

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Cusubaba(m): 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

How many chinese have bn arrested for drugs, 419, kidnapping,..........etc. I will react da same way if i see my kids around nigerians. Dude there is nothing wrong wit diz.
Fool with tilapia brain and banku height.... Ur here talking nonsense while Chinese are busy killing ur kings and ur brothers in Ghana. Chinese are busy stealing Ghana Gold and raping Ghana children from anus while u village rat is in Nairaland showing ur stupidity. Primitive rat.

4 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by EzePromoe: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: wasn't directed to you Eze, its a Southern Language, Southy tings grin
Its because i wanna learn na especially that "pha pha" side, sounds like someone spitting.
Anyway, is that Isizulu?
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tumisang:

Ho lebohile nna. wink
smiley
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by TonySpike: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
biolabee: Sadly you are right..

A lot of the posters are speaking from stereotypes but some of the other nationalities are no better in this same regard
It is louder here because this is a nigerian centric forum

Let me share some of my personal experiences with Africans and a Chinese so far:

1. A Swazi lady once asked me why I was studied (and was studying) when all I needed to do as a Nigerian was to forge certificates and use it for employment. Well, She said Nigerians are expert at forging any documents and University degrees is no exception.

2. A Kenyan once saw me certifying my credentials (transcripts, degree certificate) and the next thing He said was, "Bro, are you sure that your degree certificate isn't forged?". He has been fed with many stories of the Nigerian stereotype. Funny enough, the two years we spent together changed his opinions on a lot of things about Nigerians.

3. A South African policeman once asked me if there were University degrees in corruption in Nigeria.

4. A Chinese Professor we shared an elevator together asked of my nationality. The moment I mentioned 'Nigeria', He immediately muttered inaudibly, "oh, that country is so corrupt!"

There are so many examples I can give. Nigeria has an unpalatable and damaged global profile. Infact, the name Nigeria sends shivers down the spine of many internationals. This is not a joke, I have experienced it so many times and I'm sure many other Nigerians in diaspora will give a list longer than what I've experienced. The reason we have a forum like Nairaland is to discuss how we can redeem our image. I don't think this forum should be used to lamblast other African nationals. Let us sort out our own inbred issues before we start accusing other nationals of being lazy, hateful and bigoted. Thanks, y'all.

4 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Its because i wanna learn na especially that "pha pha" side, sounds like someone spitting.
Anyway, is that Isizulu?
phapha kinda mean 'silly' so if I say; "o ska phapha" I meant don't be silly its zulu I guess m not sure of the origin
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by biolabee(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Effing A...

One ZA lady i met said she only relate with fresh naija people and she hates(strong word) those who are based in ZA

Its sad

Tony Spike:

Let me share some of my personal experiences with Africans so far:

1. A Swazi lady once asked me why I was studied (and was studying) when all I needed to do as a Nigerian was to forge certificates and use it for employment. Well, She said Nigerians are expert at forging any documents and University degrees is no exception.

2. A Kenyan once saw me certifying my credentials (transcripts, degree certificate) and the next thing He said was, "Bro, are you sure that your degree certificate isn't forged?". He has been fed with many stories of the Nigerian stereotype. Funny enough, the two years we spent together changed his opinions about a lot of things about Nigerians.

3. A South African policeman once asked me if there were degrees in corruption in Nigeria.

4. A Chinese Professor we took an elevator together asked of my nationality. The moment I mentioned 'Nigeria', He immediately muttered inaudibly, "oh, that country is so corrupt"

There are so many examples I can give. Nigeria has an unpalatable and damaged global profile. Infact, the name Nigeria sends shivers down the spine of many internationals. This is not a joke, I have experienced it so many times and I'm sure many other Nigerians in diaspora will give a longer list longer than what I've experienced. The reason we have a forum like Nairaland is to discuss how we can redeem our image. I don't think this forum should be used to lamblast other African nationals. Let us sort out our own inbred issues before we start accusing other nationals of being lazy, hateful and bigoted. Thanks, y'all.
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by TonySpike: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Eze Promoe: I think, this whole ish is being overhyped, no thanks to the media.
I was one hell of an anti-South African activist, until my visit to Kwazulu Natal province last month. The place is very cool, and the people there are so accomodating.
I even intend marrying a South African, so you guys should desist from instigating contempt in my heart against my inlaws to be angry

KZN is one of the most accommodating provinces in SA. I think Zulus are naturally receptive people. Gauteng (and perhaps Limpopo) are provincial hot spots in SA where foreigner hatred can be really spontaneous and deadly.
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by EzePromoe: 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: phapha kinda mean 'silly' so if I say; "o ska phapha" I meant don't be silly its zulu I guess m not sure of the origin
Wonderful nonsense grin

Anyway HBG, o ska pha pha

*cleans spilled saliva all over the body*
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: phapha kinda mean 'silly' so if I say; "o ska phapha" I meant don't be silly its zulu I guess m not sure of the origin

O SKA PHAPHA
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Aringarosa(m): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Red-Light:
my brother, is better you stop quoting that "shymess" rootless bastard with no identity.. he is another nigerian wannabe just like every other gaynians and south Africans scums on nairaland... he is an attention seeking pig that will drag you to mud just to get attention

I doubt that obnoxious slowpoke, self loathing, welfare recipient called shymexx is a Nigerian. His idiotic claim is an obvious result of his deep-seated insecurities, which he pulled out of his asś in a desperate ploy to force his outcast self on Nigerians.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (31) (Reply)

Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Daughter Celebrates Her 46 Birthday / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.