Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? (28645 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by moscobabs(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
somebody should tell me 2 1/2 reasons why Mikel deserves it

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
hollandis: foolish nigerians .what do you mean with his showing at the fifa confederation cup? did they not lose? Thank God I have no business wih nigerians , they are mediocres.I love my dutch boyfriend kiss
thunder strike ur left yanch.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
moscobabs: somebody should tell me 2 1/2 reasons why Mikel deserves it

Tell me who else should.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by premlove(m): 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
hollandis: foolish nigerians .what do you mean with his showing at the fifa confederation cup? did they not lose? Thank God I have no business wih nigerians , they are mediocres.I love my dutch boyfriend kiss
look at dis miserable gal from a useless family dat lack formal training what do u know abt football cheap prostitute

3 Likes

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by honouruy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
tbaba1234: With his showing at the AFCON and the confederation cup. Mikel must be the favourite for this year's African footballer of the year.

What do you think?
u saw dis 4rm my earlier comment at least u should ve quoted me.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by tbaba1234: 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
^ What earlier comment
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by donem: 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
click2cbn: Well, it will b hard for him to win it since he isn't Francophone! CAF is dominated by French speaking people, wen was d last tym a player from any Anglophone country won it. He deserves to win it, but will Monsiuer Hayatou agree?
Wise comment from you.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by 1025: 3:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
nigerians i hail una. can someone pls say thank u to me at least for the foresight from time. many ppl on this forum have called mikel different names and have compared him to practically every player in this world.
can those saying song was the better player tell us where song is in all these now?
whether enemies like it or not, Mikel is not only the best nigerian player but the best african player now.
God bless mikel and God bless me for seeing what others did not see years back.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 3:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
1025: nigerians i hail una. can someone pls say thank u to me at least for the foresight from time. many ppl on this forum have called mikel different names and have compared him to practically every player in this world.
can those saying song was the better player tell us where song is in all these now?
whether enemies like it or not, Mikel is not only the best nigerian player but the best african player now.

Did people actually say song is better?
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by asidere(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
mikel deserves to be african best in 2013,lets support him in winning this award cos it is about time a nigerian won this award. My problem is caf with the politics they play in giving the award. If you down for mikel winning the award say yeah, and if you down for nay go hung transformer

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
1025: nigerians i hail una. can someone pls say thank u to me at least for the foresight from time. many ppl on this forum have called mikel different names and have compared him to practically every player in this world.
[s]can those saying song was the better player tell us where song is in all these now?[/s]

Actually in 2005, Mikel was compared to messi. Can anybody try such today Moreover, because Song doesn't have enough playing time at the moment doesn't take anything away from him.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by clerkent(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
he is the african best player for nw nobody else
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
What i know is dat a nigerian player is winning it dis year.Mikel,moses,enyeama,mikel has d upper hand.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by omonnakoda: 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
shut up your dirty mouth!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

ya.,most expecially d arsanal fans in 9ja.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by donem: 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
Jeez wtf! Do you mean by Foolish Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 3:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Emmadani: ya.,most expecially d arsanal fans in 9ja.

....and i haven't heard of him since, except for being on Barca's bench.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

Isn't he better?
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Willzkid(m): 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Its too early to talk about his chances...
So last bullet nor talk today,
I don talk am say u go tire one day
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

Actually in 2005, Mikel was compared to messi. Can anybody try such today Moreover, because Song doesn't have enough playing time at the moment doesn't take anything away from him.
thats d more reason mikel is beta dan song...!Enough playin tym is not an excuse...!Mikel can't seat on bench in baka d way song does...!U wil say because of bosquet and xavi dat song seats on bench...!Mikel av tried,makelele,essein,belleti,deco,ballack,raul merielles lampard are al great players but yet mikel was not sitting on bench 4 so long.Al dis players av come n gone but mikel is stil present,he euen had to send essien out on loan.Not even song wil send essein out on loan,not even song wil make chelc sell players like ballack or mereilles...!Mikel deserves resPect.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by STUNTS007: 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
Most definitely, I think Mikel has shown enough class and quality to win the award .Apart from his sterling performance in the just concluded Confederations cup, Mikel was very influential at the AFCON, winning man of d match award 3times and fair play award twice. www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/african-cup-of-nations/player-profiles/2013-afcon/nigeria/mikel-obi.html

Many people fail to appreciate his performance ,but if u watch his game closely at Chelsea, although he doesn't score goals, he keeps Winning Man of Match awards .Take for instance d game last season Chelsea vs Barca, I once read in a Nigerian sports daily that he was nominated Man of the Match.Even in d finals in Munich, whilst many were lauding Didier for his exploits on the night, he was quick to direct praise towards the Nigerian Midfield maestro for his interceptions and clinical performance on the night.

Anything short of Africa's best player 2013 for Mikel will be unfair, Infact he is the next most decorated Nigerian player after Nwankwo Kanu.I hope he continues to perform for club and country.Just as were still suffering from injuries to Moses and Emenike, if Mikel gets injured b4 2014 world cup Like he did in 2010 south africa , dats gonna mark doom for world cup hopes.

Overall , I will say d boy deserves d award, cause no other person even Yaya Toure comes close.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

Isn't he better?

How? Cameroon didn't qualify for AFCON and Song's been sitting on the bench almost all season.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Jarus(m): 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
I have also been thinking along this line.

I think he deserves it.

Moses is another player that did well, but not showing at Confederation cup rules him out.

Good for Mikel, the usual African big stars (Yaya Toure, Drogba, Eto'o etc) are only having an average year.

There is one Gabonese guy, Pierre-Augyman or something, that can give him a run for his money. He scored 19 goals in French league to emerge the league's second highest scorer after only Ibrahimovich. This CIV's Winfred Bony is another contender.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Jarus: I have also been thinking along this line.

I think he deserves it.

Moses is another player that did well, but not showing at Confederation cup rules him out.

Good for Mikel, the usual African big stars (Yaya Toure, Drogba, Eto'o etc) are only having an average year.

There is one Gabonese guy, Pierre-Augyman or something, that can give him a run for his money. He scored 19 goals in French league to emerge the league's second highest scorer after only Ibrahimovich. This CIV's Winfred Bony is another contender.

These people need to transfer their performance to their respective countries.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Neob04(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mikel is just d right man for the award.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Shola2009(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
This year ? Wilfred Bony. class act.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2013
Emmadani: thats d more reason mikel is beta dan song...!Enough playin tym is not an excuse...!Mikel can't seat on bench in baka d way song does...!U wil say because of bosquet and xavi dat song seats on bench...!Mikel av tried,makelele,essein,belleti,deco,ballack,raul merielles are al great players but yet mikel was not sitting on bench 4 so long.Al dis players av come n gone but mikel is stil present,he euen had to send essien out on loan.Not even song wil send essein out on loan,not even song wil make chelc sell players like ballack or mereilles...!Mikel deserves resPect.
Who says he don't deserve respect? All what I'm saying is that song is by far better than Mikel in any playing role. Fact

Did anybody bench song when he was playing for Arsenal? Before Song join Barca, all the departments have been taken. You can't expect him to come from no where and bench a player that's doing fine in a team like barca. Even Mascherano (when his performance was at its peak) couldn't achieve that feat. Bro, you can't compare Song case to Mikel
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Jarus(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2013
click2cbn: Well, it will b hard for him to win it since he isn't Francophone! CAF is dominated by French speaking people, wen was d last tym a player from any Anglophone country won it. He deserves to win it, but will Monsiuer Hayatou agree?

Things like these irritate me.

When Nigerians were dominating in the early to late 90's, CAF was still Franco-phone dominated o

This is not a matter of Anglophone or Francophone, in the years Eto'o won it, no African did better. When Drogba, Adebayor, Kanoute and Yaya also won it, it wasn't because they were Francophone, but because they were obviously Africa's best.

When Kanu (1996, 1999), Amuneke (1994), Yekini (1993), Ikpeba (1997) won it, CAF was still francophone-domianted, Hayatou was still the president. Let's leave this kind of pettiness for the illiterate football analysts on the street.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:
Who says he don't deserve respect? All what I'm saying is that song is by far better than Mikel in any playing role. Fact

Did anybody bench song when he was playing for Arsenal? Before Song join Barca, all the departments have been taken. You can't expect him to come from no where and bench a player that's doing fine in a team like barca. Even Mascherano (when his performance was at its peak) couldn't achieve that feat. Bro, you can't compare Song case to Mikel

And what has he achieve with his national team?

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
Jarus: I have also been thinking along this line.

I think he deserves it.

We are still in 2013. Yaya Toure and the rest are still in the race.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Diasporan(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
STUNTS007: Most definitely, I think Mikel has shown enough class and quality to win the award .Apart from his sterling performance in the just concluded Confederations cup, Mikel was very influential at the AFCON, winning man of d match award 3times and fair play award twice. www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/african-cup-of-nations/player-profiles/2013-afcon/nigeria/mikel-obi.html

Many people fail to appreciate his performance ,but if u watch his game closely at Chelsea, although he doesn't score goals, he keeps Winning Man of Match awards .Take for instance d game last season Chelsea vs Barca, I once read in a Nigerian sports daily that he was nominated Man of the Match.Even in d finals in Munich, whilst many were lauding Didier for his exploits on the night, he was quick to direct praise towards the Nigerian Midfield maestro for his interceptions and clinical performance on the night.

Anything short of Africa's best player 2013 for Mikel will be unfair, Infact he is the next most decorated Nigerian player after Nwankwo Kanu.I hope he continues to perform for club and country.Just as were still suffering from injuries to Moses and Emenike, if Mikel gets injured b4 2014 world cup Like he did in 2010 south africa , dats gonna mark doom for world cup hopes.

Overall , I will say d boy deserves d award, cause no other person even Yaya Toure comes close.
[b]You are right
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by emmaliveth10(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
hmmm.....lets keep watching!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / List Of Most Expensive Football Players In The World / Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.