Stats: 3,159,580 members, 7,840,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? (28671 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by omonnakoda: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
Diasporan:
Mikel Obi is more decorated than Kanu Nwankwo.Kanu's biggest trophies are the Under 17 Junior world cup,Olympic Gold medal and EUROPA cup he won with Inter Milan.Mikel has won the both UEFA champions league and the Europa cup and the AFCON nations cup not forgetting the numerous FA cup titles
Kanu won the Champions League with Ajax alongside Finidi, first Nigerians to do so. It is not Quantity but quality and Mikel is missing an Olympic medal on his cabinet Kanu won
the Eredivisie 3 x
premiership 2x
FA cup 2x
Intercontinental cup 1x
Nigerian Premier League 1x

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
Diasporan:
Mikel Obi is more decorated than Kanu Nwankwo.Kanu's biggest trophies are the Under 17 Junior world cup,Olympic Gold medal and EUROPA cup he won with Inter Milan.Mikel has won the both UEFA champions league and the Europa cup and the AFCON nations cup not forgetting the numerous FA cup titles

Please, biko, ejo, don't say this outside NL

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Jarus(m): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mikel did well this year and will likely win it, but luck is also part of the equation.

Luck, because African players have not been having terrific 2013. In fact, if Essien did this year what he did in 2006/2007 when he came 2nd, he would have won it in 2013, because he did better in that year what Mikel did in 2013.

What Drogba did in 2012 and still not win the award, if he did same in Kanoute's year, he could have won it.

These are the vagaries of this award.

Just like what CR7 has been doing in the last 4 years and coming 2nd in WPOY, was, IMO, more than what Cannavaro did in 2006 (and IMO, Kaka in 2007) to win the award. If there were no Messi, what CR7 did is more than enough to win him the trophy.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by tbaba1234: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Diasporan:

Kanu won the champions league with ajax as well, he has won multiple fa cups.

The major difference is that Mikel has the AFCON trophy and he is younger.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Diasporan(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

Please, biko, ejo, don't say this outside NL
Post has been modified

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Diasporan(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
omonnakoda: Kanu won the Champions League with Ajax alongside Finidi, first Nigerians to do so. It is not Quantity but quality and Mikel is missing an Olympic medal on his cabinet
Post has been modified
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Diasporan(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

Kanu won the champions league with ajax as well, he has won multiple fa cups.

The major difference is that Mikel has the AFCON trophy and he is younger.
Post has been modified
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

How? Cameroon didn't qualify for AFCON and Song's been sitting on the bench almost all season.

Cameroon not qualifying for AFCON is your reason for saying that Mikel is better?
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by hardbody: 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
Idon-do-me:
For now, his credentials is good. If he continues to maintain it by (1) Helping Nigeria qualifies for World cup 2014 in Brazil. (2) Playing very well in the Champions League with any club he's in. (3) Winning league or at least coming second with good showing. These are some of the criteria but are not limited to these alone that can guarantee him Footballer of the Year

He should also rendezvous with the synagogue MoG. It is very important.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
hollandis: foolish nigerians .what do you mean with his showing at the fifa confederation cup? did they not lose? Thank God I have no business wih nigerians , they are mediocres.I love my dutch boyfriend kiss
I can see d blood of Detroit city running through ya veins. undecided
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Jarus(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
Diasporan:
Post has been modified

Better be.

Because, Kanu played 2 CL finals (1995 and 1996), winning 1 (1995).
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

Cameroon not qualifying for AFCON is your reason for saying that Mikel is better?

Well, sitting on the bench and not qualifying is not exactly the best resume.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

And what has he achieve with his national team?
We are comparing two individuals not team.

Has CR7 win gold for his national team? Does that make pedro that has won almost all the competitions organize by FIFA and UEFA better than him?
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by goshen26: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Let's wait and c, if they don't rub him as they did to his predecesor that wore that jersey number 10 before him.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by goshen26: 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
goshen26: Let's wait and c, if they don't rub him as they did to his predecesor that wore that jersey number 10 before him.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:
We are comparing two individuals not team.

Has CR7 win gold for his national team? Does that make pedro that has won almost all the competitions organize by FIFA and UEFA better than him?

Well if its individuals, Mikel has still won more than Song.

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

Well, sitting on the bench and not qualifying is not exactly the best resume.

Agreed.

But that does not take the fact that he's a fantastic player from him
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

Agreed.

Then it begs the question, what has Song done this year to win African Player of the Year.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

Agreed.

Then it begs the question, what has Song done this year to win African Player of the Year.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

Don't get it twisted, Song won't even smell top three.

My argument is that he's a better player compared to Mikel
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:
Don't get it twisted, Song won't even smell top three.

My argument is that he's a better player compared to Mikel

OK, I see where you're coming from. Clubwise he is better.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by GENTLETEE(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
He stands a very good chance no doubt.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by jonazter(m): 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
African footballer of de year award is not ment 4 market women nide is it 4 farmers, but 4 African players just like him, so he has a chance of making it if only he continues with his kind of play or even improv on it, but from my observation Mikel is likely goin 2 make it 2 de top 3 dis time around, but as i earlier stated he must work very hard cos de likes of Moses, Jonathan , Toure, et al are not asleep.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by wayodude(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
hollandis: foolish nigerians .what do you mean with his showing at the fifa confederation cup? did they not lose? Thank God I have no business wih nigerians , they are mediocres.I love my dutch boyfriend kiss

ANyone that responds to this person (cow) has time to waste sha..PLEASE dont do it.

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Jarus:

Things like these irritate me.

When Nigerians were dominating in the early to late 90's, CAF was still Franco-phone dominated o

This is not a matter of Anglophone or Francophone, in the years Eto'o won it, no African did better. When Drogba, Adebayor, Kanoute and Yaya also won it, it wasn't because they were Francophone, but because they were obviously Africa's best.

When Kanu (1996, 1999), Amuneke (1994), Yekini (1993), Ikpeba (1997) won it, CAF was still francophone-domianted, Hayatou was still the president. Let's leave this kind of pettiness for the illiterate football analysts on the street.
wot did adebayor win with Togo or Arsenal wen he won it?? Don't b surprised wen dis year's award goes to Yaya Toure
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by EmperorSpecie(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
free2ryhme: for una mind ... latest joke of 2013

u dy mimd dm? Im a chelsea fan bt i dnt tink he deserves it.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
I don't know any player who deserves it more than Mikel this year. No African player has been exceptional.

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by jude33084(m): 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
Emperor_Specie:

u dy mimd dm? Im a chelsea fan bt i dnt tink he deserves it.

PRESENTLY MIKEL IS THE BEST IN FORM PLAYER
WE HAVE IN AFRICA wink

LET THEM SAY THE NAME OF THE PLAYER THAT CAN BEAT MIKEL TO IT?

SIX MONTHS AGO I USE TO RATE HIM LOW, BUT AFTER AFCON AND OUR MATCH AGAINST SPAIN?,....HEY THIS GUY IS DA (((BOMB)))

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by chefremy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
well,hopefully time will tell but if anotheher player collects it well let your will be done.lord
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by seunlayi(m): 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
i hope so
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:
Who says he don't deserve respect? All what I'm saying is that song is by far better than Mikel in any playing role. Fact

Did anybody bench song when he was playing for Arsenal? Before Song join Barca, all the departments have been taken. You can't expect him to come from no where and bench a player that's doing fine in a team like barca. Even Mascherano (when his performance was at its peak) couldn't achieve that feat. Bro, you can't compare Song case to Mikel

how is song by far beta dan mikel?Let mikel join barca 2day,he wil surely not seat on d bench like song,i can bet dat...!Mikel came to chelsea at d age of 19,when thr was makalele,essien,ballack,geremi,lampard,lassana diara.Yet stil mikel made 22 premeir lig appearance and 9 champions lig appearance plus carlin an fa cup appearance,n went on to win chelsea young playa of d season...!Which playa in arsanal can bench mikel?Pls let me know.Mayb u should ask xavi about mikel,he wil tel u beta.4get song,mikel play pas am.Even if mikel no score goal,atall atall he no dey cari last,he no fit seat 4 bench like song.

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by extraflyfineboy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202: Well, he will make the top three this time. But winning it? Nah

U re right, I don't tinK so tOO

I want to use this medium to invite u all 4 the Event "WHaT aTtracTs Men To womEn" which will hold tomorrow Sat/June/13 to partake in this event always log on to umehoma..com or like this page to be updated http://facebook.com/umehomafq

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'If Someone Cannot Cry About VAR It Is Man Utd' - Mourinho Has No Sympathy / Photos: Pro-Palestinians Invade Football Pitch & Attack Israeli Footballers / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi