Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,216 members, 7,825,813 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? (28646 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by ewosk: 8:33am On Jun 29, 2013
IF MIKEL DONT WIN IT..WHO WILL?

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: song is talented.....let mikel try dis shit
Shabi him dribble finish chelsea no stil score bt c song o

www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=GB&client=mv-google&v=ERfaD-CISVE

You gats to be kidding me. That in a hundred years can never be compared to the Mikel clip I posted. cheesy
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:45am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: I knw u are a chelsea fan........don't use dat 2 judge player,essien sittin on bench dosent mean mikel is d cus,mr essien came back 4rm injury which kept him out 4 a season nd even missed two nations cup,missed last nation cups due 2 match fittest nd was loan 2 Madrid 2 get fit,bros d truth is dat song is far beta dan mikel,if mikel shuld pass tru ball,all chelsea fan wil shout "Obi" meanin wat? Is he d 1st,how many assist dose mikel hv in a season? How many goals? How many complete pass? How many clean tackle?,song went 2 barca whose team is deadly complete nd was able 2 score,assist nd pass,!!! Arteta is nt a DM bt last season he played in d deeper role like mikel,he adapt quickly,made tackle,assist,score,create chances nd was given d player wit d highest complete pass!

Leta na una go say mikel play pass chiek tiote

The pattern of play played by Arsenal can never be compared with Chelsea. They are different and favors midfield players. That is why Viera, Gilberto and Arteta can play well there. Mind you Arteta was a shadow of himself last season compared to when he first joined Arsenal. Now imagine if Arteta is played as a DMF all his life, do you think he will be that prolific?.

Chelsea's patterns (note because of different coaches over the years) favors attacking and shooting midfielders that is why Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Lampard can excel and players like Mikel are cut off from the attacking play and his work isn't noticed.

The truth is that a lot of Nigerians don't even know how good Mikel is. What he did in the confed is small. Mikel is even better than Silva but many don't know it. He played at the U17 with Silva and clearly was above Silva. Only Fabregas was better than a.Mikel. At this confed noticed he outshone Xavi, Busquets, Silva and Iniesta. Keep talking Song till Mikel shows at the World cup with an improved Nigeriansquad.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: I knw u are a chelsea fan........don't use dat 2 judge player,essien sittin on bench dosent mean mikel is d cus,mr essien came back 4rm injury which kept him out 4 a season nd even missed two nations cup,missed last nation cups due 2 match fittest nd was loan 2 Madrid 2 get fit,bros d truth is dat song is far beta dan mikel,if mikel shuld pass tru ball,all chelsea fan wil shout "Obi" meanin wat? Is he d 1st,how many assist dose mikel hv in a season? How many goals? How many complete pass? How many clean tackle?,song went 2 barca whose team is deadly complete nd was able 2 score,assist nd pass,!!! Arteta is nt a DM bt last season he played in d deeper role like mikel,he adapt quickly,made tackle,assist,score,create chances nd was given d player wit d highest complete pass!

Leta na una go say mikel play pass chiek tiote

Chiekh Tiote? Please, Mikel outclassed Yaya and the miidfield of the Ivorians in the last nations cup. cool
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: weitin him do against spain,make una stop 2 dy hype d guy,say him collect MF 4em xavi nd bosquest na naija no win,he played well fine! Bt he no play pass song

We lost because our strikers were poor. Not because the Spanish midfield dominated us. Maybe you missed the Game. undecided
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: henry did well at baca! Bside I can rememebr d goal he scored against madrid nd yet scored 16 goals dat season,flamini is doin well at milan if u must knw,do u eva watch italian league? Song also is doin fine at barca,he played 20 match last season,"The Cameroonian cost 19 million euros and
signed for five seasons, with a buyout clause of 80 million
euros"(if any club wuld sign mikel I bet u,he wil neva hv dat amount of buyout clause) "abi barca no c mikel b4 dem buy song? Nasri perform well in 2011/12 season nd help mancity lift d league,bt fellout wit der coach last season as for lehman he was old,nd u wuldnt xpect him 2 play well at dat age

Mikel's valuation is even more than Song maybe you don't know. He is on an expensive contract at Chelsea. When John Shittu (Mikel's agent) was asked if Galasataray will buy Mikel, he said unless they can cough out stupid money. Meaning it would be too expensive to buy Mikel. cool
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: song is talented.....let mikel try dis shit
Shabi him dribble finish chelsea no stil score bt c song o

www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=GB&client=mv-google&v=ERfaD-CISVE
grin grin grin

I am still shocking you posted this to compare to the Mikel clip. No wonder you are arguing that Song is better. You can't tell exceptional play. grin grin
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:11am On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by write2obi(m): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2013
Na brown ideye get the award no doubt wink
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2013
Actually I dont feel like joining the discussion, but I just have to say that there is no big deal in converting a player from his natural role to another position. A lot of players have been coverted and they are doing great compared to when they were playing their former position e.g bale. Having said that, I think morinho had no choice than to convert him because he couldn't compete with those that were playing his natural role and there was vacant position in DM (considering the fact that makelele is old and mou plays with two DM). You will remember that mikel was given a lot of red cards when he started playing the new role because of silly tackles but mou had no choice but to continue using him for the position (except if he want someone that costs about 16m in 2005 with enough wahala to continue to sit on the bench).

About being expensive compared to song, this is the first time I'm hearing a rumour about a club bidding for him since he joined chelsea 8 years ago, whereas Song has gotten a transfer.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Song isn't better than Mikel as a midfielder. He was just more opportuned to go to Arsenal and played his natural position regularly.

On the other hand, Mikel went to Chelsea and met numerous competition in the midfield from Lampard, Deco, Joe Cole, Ballack.

Mikel growing up neverplayed off his natural role yet he made a lot out of it.
weitin b mikel natural role? Bcus he played as an attackin midfielder at U20? Song is better dan him as a midfielder,as a winger,as a defender nd as an attacker! Song tinks faster dan mikel,song hardly played d ball back as mikel always does
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by write2obi(m): 9:45am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

The pattern of play played by Arsenal can never be compared with Chelsea. They are different and favors midfield players. That is why Viera, Gilberto and Arteta can play well there. Mind you Arteta was a shadow of himself last season compared to when he first joined Arsenal. Now imagine if Arteta is played as a DMF all his life, do you think he will be that prolific?.

Chelsea's patterns (note because of different coaches over the years) favors attacking and shooting midfielders that is why Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Lampard can excel and players like Mikel are cut off from the attacking play and his work isn't noticed.

The truth is that a lot of Nigerians don't even know how good Mikel is. What he did in the confed is small. Mikel is even better than Silva but many don't know it. He played at the U17 with Silva and clearly was above Silva. Only Fabregas was better than a.Mikel. At this confed noticed he outshone Xavi, Busquets, Silva and Iniesta. Keep talking Song till Mikel shows at the World cup with an improved Nigeriansquad.
mikel is a good player, but he is no where near the names u just mentions
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by write2obi(m): 9:53am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Mikel's valuation is even more than Song maybe you don't know. He is on an expensive contract at Chelsea. When John Shittu (Mikel's agent) was asked if Galasataray will buy Mikel, he said unless they can cough out stupid money. Meaning it would be too expensive to buy Mikel. cool
song got a transfer to a bigger club, but where are the teams coming for mikel? "galasataray(turkey)". The best thing that ever happened to mikel was mou moving him from attacking to defensive role, cos i can't imagine "sluggish" mikel making his mark where the likes of silver,mata,nasri,kagawa,iniesta,lampad,ozil, are still playing
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 9:53am On Jun 29, 2013
write2obi: mikel is a good player, but he is no where near the names u just mentions
abeg tel am
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by write2obi(m): 9:57am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: weitin b mikel natural role? Bcus he played as an attackin midfielder at U20? Song is better dan him as a midfielder,as a winger,as a defender nd as an attacker! Song tinks faster dan mikel,song hardly played d ball back as mikel always does
why u talk watin i wan talk grin
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You gats to be kidding me. That in a hundred years can never be compared to the Mikel clip I posted. cheesy
guy pls,leave proud out of dis nd spit out d truth,how wil u use mikel clip 2 song clip,mikel only turn 2 playas ind midfield,created space nd passed d ball,bt song outclass 3 dortmund players,created space chip d ball ova 2 RVP while he scored
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2013
write2obi: why u talk watin i wan talk grin
lol no vex,u 4 tel me say u wan talk am na,I 4 sustain.....grin bt na d truth
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 10:09am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

if mikel shuld play 4 arsenal he wuld b a beta player dan he hv been,hw is mikel beta dan silva ? Mikel didn't outshone any of doz playas u mentioned,xavi,busquest were just doin der tin,don't use one match 2 judge a player
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2013
siddiq202: Actually I dont feel like joining the discussion, but I just have to say that there is no big deal in converting a player from his natural role to another position. A lot of players have been coverted and they are doing great compared to when they were playing their former position e.g bale. Having said that, I think morinho had no choice than to convert him because he couldn't compete with those that were playing his natural role and there was vacant position in DM (considering the fact that makelele is old and mou plays with two DM). You will remember that mikel was given a lot of red cards when he started playing the new role because of silly tackles but mou had no choice but to continue using him for the position (except if he want someone that costs about 16m in 2005 with enough wahala to continue to sit on the bench).

About been expensive compared to song, this is the first time I'm hearing a rumour about a club bidding for him since he joined chelsea 8 years ago, whereas Song has gotten a transfer.

Mikel is on an expensive contract. Galatasaray wants him but buying out the contract will be too costly. Do you think Song was earning more than Mikel at Arsenal? Why do you think Song will be valued higher?
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

We lost because our strikers were poor. Not because the Spanish midfield dominated us. Maybe you missed the Game. undecided
durin d euro cup,spain played fine witout a striker,fabregas was playin d role of a 9,even against nig,2 goals came frm a fulback. Brown ideye were far beta dan torres last season,scoring 29 goals! So dnt tel me we don't hv striker! If †ђξ passes were correct d goals wuld hv cum!
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2013
write2obi: mikel is a good player, but he is no where near the names u just mentions

That is because he has never been giving the chance to play his natural role. Do you think Messi or CR7 will win World best player playing as a defensive midfielder?

Mikel is in that class, it isn't a coincidence that coach Keshi being the first coach in years to give him a chance in that role has seen Mikel grow in reputation in a short time. This is just 6 months playing for Nigeria.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2013
write2obi: song got a transfer to a bigger club, but where are the teams coming for mikel? "galasataray(turkey)". The best thing that ever happened to mikel was mou moving him from attacking to defensive role, cos i can't imagine "sluggish" mikel making his mark where the likes of silver,mata,nasri,kagawa,iniesta,lampad,ozil, are still playing

Do you know how sluggish Kanu was? Yet there was a time he was rated amongst the World's top 10 players.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Chiekh Tiote? Please, Mikel outclassed Yaya and the miidfield of the Ivorians in the last nations cup. cool
y do chelsea fans always use dis world "mikel collect midfield fr so so so nd so playa hand" mikel played fine against CIV nd we won,dosent mean he is beta dan yaya! I mean YAYA,u must b kiddin,if mikel nd tiote were 2 b in d market 80% bidders wil go 4 tiote nd 20% mikel
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by write2obi(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Mikel is on an expensive contract. Galatasaray wants him but buying out the contract will be too costly. Do you think Song was earning more than Mikel at Arsenal? Why do you think Song will be valued higher?
Lemmie ask you, Mikel earns more than song at arsenal dose not make mikel a better player, Torres earn more than RVP at arsenal, lukaku cost more than chicharito, hazard cost n earn more than cadzola at arsenal, does it make the above mentioned Chelsea players better than their counterparts?

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2013
write2obi: song got a transfer to a bigger club, but where are the teams coming for mikel? "galasataray(turkey)". The best thing that ever happened to mikel was mou moving him from attacking to defensive role, cos i can't imagine "sluggish" mikel making his mark where the likes of silver,mata,nasri,kagawa,iniesta,lampad,ozil, are still playing

6 months ppaying his natural role for his country, Gala has come knocking. Mind you they signed Drogba and Sneijder. All the names you are mentioning have played their natural role all their lives. Mikel hasn't. That is why his confed and nations cup performance shocked many.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

lol wat valuation? any player who is gud,wuld hv many nd beta bidder,u cnt tel me song is nt good yet e got many bids b4 joinin barca d best team in d world! Tiote hv been outstandin eva since his move 2 Newcastle,manU,arsenal,chelsea,psg many more hv been rumour to be wanting him! Look at d club cumin 4 mikel Galasataray,nd u r here sayin it,galasataray r kw 2 buy playas whose footballin career is fading
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: guy pls,leave proud out of dis nd spit out d truth,how wil u use mikel clip 2 song clip,mikel only turn 2 playas ind midfield,created space nd passed d ball,bt song outclass 3 dortmund players,created space chip d ball ova 2 RVP while he scored

That is why I said that you don't understand classic midfield play. Watch the other midfielders how Mikel shifted their positions with his play. Turning a simple pass to him into an attacking move.

When I watched Mikel at the finals at the U20 at Netherland in '05. I made a statement l. I said, I hope Maradona (who was in the stadium rooting for Messi) has seen how to play the CAM role. Just the way Zidane does it. Not carrying the ball and running .
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: if mikel shuld play 4 arsenal he wuld b a beta player dan he hv been,hw is mikel beta dan silva ? Mikel didn't outshone any of doz playas u mentioned,xavi,busquest were just doin der tin,don't use one match 2 judge a player

Silva was also a star kid player growing up. He was one of the promises of Spain. Mikel was also a young football hype. By the time they were at the U17, Mikel outshone him. By the U20, Mikel was on another level.

It was the problems he met at Chelsea and the changed role that made many forget the kind of footballing genus Mikel was. Growing up, only Messi and Fabregas were ahead of him. People forget fast.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: if mikel shuld play 4 arsenal he wuld b a beta player dan he hv been,hw is mikel beta dan silva ? Mikel didn't outshone any of doz playas u mentioned,xavi,busquest were just doin der tin,don't use one match 2 judge a player

Try watching the game again. The full match is on youtube. Mikel had a man of the match performance but our not winning made him not to take it.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How much are we talking about here that Galataxaray cant afford?
Arsenal are known to pay players peanut
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: durin d euro cup,spain played fine witout a striker,fabregas was playin d role of a 9,even against nig,2 goals came frm a fulback. Brown ideye were far beta dan torres last season,scoring 29 goals! So dnt tel me we don't hv striker! If †ђξ passes were correct d goals wuld hv cum!

I didn't say we didn't have good strikers. They performed poorly. Secondly Ideye might have scored more goals than Torres but he isn't in Torres level. Torres is recovering from a double knee surgery and is picking up his form.

Finally the passes were good. Ideye and Gambo missed to clear chances that looked impossible to miss. While Ideye also missed many chances.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:50am On Jun 29, 2013
siddiq202:
How much are we talking about here that Galataxaray cant afford?
Arsenal are known to pay players peanut

That is why I said Mikel's valuation will cost more than what Barca bought Song. I think Mikel is on an 80,000 pounds weekly deal and I think he signed a new contract last season. So buying out his contract will be very costly. That is why John Shittu said it will be stupid money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / List Of Most Expensive Football Players In The World / Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.