Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? (28617 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
Whats with all dis comparison between Song n Mikel on dis thread? D topic says AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF D YEAR 2013 n not D BEST AFRICAN PLAYER OF D CENTURY OR WHATEVER! Its simple as dis, dis 2013,who has been d best african player. If una wan compare d 2 players,make una go open a thread for dat.

PS: for me,within dis 1st half 2013, Mikel has been d best performing known african footballer with what he has played n what he has won. Ur entitled to ur own opinion too

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

You can say that again, bro. I'm yet to see Mikel play as defender

In short, Song is jack of all trade
lol yes boss!
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by timtai: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
fingers crossed
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by sambos994(m): 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
click2cbn: Whats with all dis comparison between Song n Mikel on dis thread? D topic says AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF D YEAR 2013 n not D BEST AFRICAN PLAYER OF D CENTURY OR WHATEVER! Its simple as dis, dis 2013,who has been d best african player. If una wan compare d 2 players,make una go open a thread for dat.

PS: for me,within dis 1st half 2013, Mikel has been d best performing known african footballer with what he has played n what he has won. Ur entitled to ur own opinion too

Thank you.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:
Who says he don't deserve respect? All what I'm saying is that song is by far better than Mikel in any playing role. Fact

Did anybody bench song when he was playing for Arsenal? Before Song join Barca, all the departments have been taken. You can't expect him to come from no where and bench a player that's doing fine in a team like barca. Even Mascherano (when his performance was at its peak) couldn't achieve that feat. Bro, you can't compare Song case to Mikel

Since Mikel joined Chelsea till now, he has ben played off his natural position. Yet he still remains relevant in the world of football. Only few players can survive that. Yaya also had the same problem at Barca. That is why you can make a statement like Song.is a better player than Mikel.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

We are still in 2013. Yaya Toure and the rest are still in the race.

No trophy will be handed out for Yaya till next year.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
Emmadani: he is a beta player because no gud player bin dey arsanal.Let him kum 2 chelsea or baka n b a better player let me see.Nasri was a beta player in arsanal,when he come man city how many tin he play?Na arsanal dey make average player look beta,cari dat player go big team n see if he wil b beta again...!Flamini was a vry gud player 4 arsanal,when he went to ac milan,how many tin he play.?Helb was a vrygud playa in arsanal,when he went to baka,how many tin he play?Na arsanal dey make average player look beta.Mikel na song senior broda 4 futbal.
grin grin grin
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by igweyundas(m): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
yes I fink he should be awarded d best dis time cos he is d no 1 choice now.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

Mikel is always anxious when playing for chelsea (many scenario to buttress my point). He's just getting over it now. You might not be totally wrong if you say he takes ownership when playing for SE not when playing for chelsea and he plays for SE occasionally not week in week out like chelsea. Why Song is himself anytime

Song will never be in Mikel's class. Mikel has dominated the midfield of the Barca trident twice ie. Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. His performance against Barca when Chelsea won the champions league and this confed performance. Song has never been in that class.

Also mikel's performance in the champions league final can never out perormed by Song.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

You can say that again, bro. I'm yet to see Mikel play as defender

In short, Song is jack of all trade

And a master of none. As an Arsenal player, he met Barca a lot of times and never shone. The game Arsenal won was on the shoulders of Jack Wilshere's performance. Please Song isn't in Mikel's class. Do you know that Mikel hid Yaya in the nations cup match against CIV. Mikel - Odi kwa too much for Song..
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
siddiq202:

I agree that he makes mistake some times. That's bond to happen because no one is perfect just like Mikel too makes mistake (a noticeable one is against juventus in CL).

But in the attacking midfield role, the only time Mikel has anything to prove is when playing for SE and still cannot be compared to what song does in that role. Song is very fast, skilful, and can easily create chances for the attackers. In addition to that, he has goal sense. He can score with both head and with leg.
how many goalz do bosquet score?Song is faster than bosquet n can score more goalz,but y cant he bench bosquet?U think futbal is al about bin fast and skillful?

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

I support Arsenal so I can't agree with you. Song is not disciplined, he always leaves his position. Compare viera and petit when they played that role for Arsenal.

Mikel takes ownership of the midfield when he plays the forward role. Song does not do that. Not in the same class.
abeqqq help me tel soddiq o.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by hollandis(f): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
murimoney: I can see d blood of Detroit city running through ya veins. undecided
do you know I had to specifically call rogers tv to subscribe because of useless mediocres and the useless people were subdued
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
Emmadani: how many goalz do bosquet score?Song is faster than bosquet n can score more goalz,but y cant he bench bosquet?U think futbal is al about bin fast and skillful?

Mikel is even more skillful than Song. Let Song try this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wTZDkJ0Rs2U
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by 1025: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
omonnakoda: Idiotic ranting

@omo, i tot all the motherless children who turned beggars and agberos got amnesty from jonathan? what happened to urs? do u think u are the only BORN-THROW-WAY pikin on nairaland? can't u pretend like others? no matter the circumstances, do not make it look like u are the only one here without parental upbringing.
i think is better to arrest parents who go about giving birth to things they cannot raise.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
Adufaye: bros weitin u wan try tel me na! Say mikel pass song 4 DM,weitin concern defensive nd offensive dem b two diff tinx,
Song is a box 2 box player "tireless"
Song can fit in well in any position in defense nd midfield
Song do start attack nd ends it
Song do score
Song do assist
In short song is talented
na song talented pas essein?Essein fit play any position kwa.But 2012 ucl and fa cup chelc winning team,mikel bench essein.Essein was not injured o,he sit 4 bench dey look mikel.What of ramires?He attacks,he defends,he assist,he scores goalz,but he is neva a beta dmf dan mikel..!Defensive milfield is not al about scoring goalz,or being fast n skillful,it requires more composure nd discipline.How many goalz did makalele score at chelsea?He pas 3 goalz?No mata watin essein play 4 dis life,makalele is stil beta dan him in dmf..!Bosquet is not dat fast nd skillful,but his composure nd discipline is enof to kip song in bench in d next 10 yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Adufaye: lol all doz player u mentioned were out of playing tyms,if mikel can pursue,xavi,buquest,out of barca den I wil knw he is good or gulder dan song lol
watin dis guy dey try talk?U no watch 9ja vs spain?U no c how mikel put xavi 4 pocket?Mikel may not pursue xavi n bosquet away 4rm baka,but if he goes to baka 2day,he wil sure see more playing tym dan song...!Wait,watin u guyz dey take mikel 4?Sha i blame mourinho.Who b song?

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
Adufaye: u for mention RVP,clichy, nd Fabregas na!
u 4 mention song,flamini,helb,nasri even henry sef,wat of lehman and d oda mumu kipa.Chai,i don 4get dat guy name wey dey kip 4 1 division 1 team.Choi

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by siddiq202(m): 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
@thegoodjoehunt you no quick come. I'm exhausted right now, all I need is to sleep. Maybe next time

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Kole333: 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
He can be. But he needs to score a few more goals for Nigeria this year, lead us to the World Cup, and stand out more at Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Ping411: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2013
Obi!!! The pastor has said that it is your year. It is Obi's turn to shine. Say it along withme brethren grin grin grin
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by chidaddy1198(m): 1:59am On Jun 29, 2013
I think mikel deserves it more this time... Cos of his grt contributions towards helping Nigeria lifting d Nations cup, good display at d con fed cup. Thou his contribution was nt that much to his club side cos of the nature of his manager n his rotation al policies but when called upon he delivers am a great fan of mikel n believe In his abilities...wishing him a successful season ahead under the HAPPY ONE!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by butday(m): 2:09am On Jun 29, 2013
musKeeto:
I reckon he would be a contender too, though I think Mikel would nick it as he played more games at club level and was more instrumental in the Eagle's victory at the AFCON.
Listen and listen good,Yaya has nt bin d yaya we all knw lst season and even @afcon,and victor moses was instrumental both @chelsea and afcon,winning eurocup and afcon and so s Mikel,bt d edge Mikel has ovr Moses nw is d Confed Cup whr he was very instrumental,even scored a goal da s rated 1of d best in d present confed cup... If Mikel no win dis tin dis tym,Isah Hayatu is def a cheat.olabode George is d name... remnbr it nxt tym.
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by tayokem(m): 3:50am On Jun 29, 2013
Good daay to you all I ave three biz that I want us to do together if ure interested. 1) I ave 18 acres of lands @ 150k per plot aat Ijoko ,Sango Otta for sale 2) I ave two trucks for sale @ 2.5M per truck and 5 other brand of cars 3) I ave aa filling station for sale. price 200M. Tayokem
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by ceejay4real(m): 6:38am On Jun 29, 2013
hollandis: foolish nigerians .what do you mean with his showing at the fifa confederation cup? did they not lose? Thank God I have no business wih nigerians , they are mediocres.I love my dutch boyfriend kiss
U ar an ASHAWO! Go give ya Dutch joystick a Mouth Gig & leave Naija alone abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by ceejay4real(m): 6:59am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

My broda save ur breath joor! We Nigerians can really be funny, how can anyone in his right senses compare Song 2 Mikel? Mikel is just 2 gud 4 Song! He is just in a CLASS of his own. Song may never get there! We shd always appreciate our own. Mikel is definitely gud enuf 4 d 2013 African Footballer of d year Award. PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by ini4brandon(m): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2013
devigblegble: I officially announce bounce as the Africa footballer of the year else
u meant African Ugliest Player of the year abi

1 Like

Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 7:14am On Jun 29, 2013
Emmadani: na song talented pas essein?Essein fit play any position kwa.But 2012 ucl and fa cup chelc winning team,mikel bench essein.Essein was not injured o,he sit 4 bench dey look mikel.What of ramires?He attacks,he defends,he assist,he scores goalz,but he is neva a beta dmf dan mikel..!Defensive milfield is not al about scoring goalz,or being fast n skillful,it requires more composure nd discipline.How many goalz did makalele score at chelsea?He pas 3 goalz?No mata watin essein play 4 dis life,makalele is stil beta dan him in dmf..!Bosquet is not dat fast nd skillful,but his composure nd discipline is enof to kip song in bench in d next 10 yrs.
I knw u are a chelsea fan........don't use dat 2 judge player,essien sittin on bench dosent mean mikel is d cus,mr essien came back 4rm injury which kept him out 4 a season nd even missed two nations cup,missed last nation cups due 2 match fittest nd was loan 2 Madrid 2 get fit,bros d truth is dat song is far beta dan mikel,if mikel shuld pass tru ball,all chelsea fan wil shout "Obi" meanin wat? Is he d 1st,how many assist dose mikel hv in a season? How many goals? How many complete pass? How many clean tackle?,song went 2 barca whose team is deadly complete nd was able 2 score,assist nd pass,!!! Arteta is nt a DM bt last season he played in d deeper role like mikel,he adapt quickly,made tackle,assist,score,create chances nd was given d player wit d highest complete pass!

Leta na una go say mikel play pass chiek tiote
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 7:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Emmadani: watin dis guy dey try talk?U no watch 9ja vs spain?U no c how mikel put xavi 4 pocket?Mikel may not pursue xavi n bosquet away 4rm baka,but if he goes to baka 2day,he wil sure see more playing tym dan song...!Wait,watin u guyz dey take mikel 4?Sha i blame mourinho.Who b song?
weitin him do against spain,make una stop 2 dy hype d guy,say him collect MF 4em xavi nd bosquest na naija no win,he played well fine! Bt he no play pass song
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 7:35am On Jun 29, 2013
Emmadani: u 4 mention song,flamini,helb,nasri even henry sef,wat of lehman and d oda mumu kipa.Chai,i don 4get dat guy name wey dey kip 4 1 division 1 team.Choi
henry did well at baca! Bside I can rememebr d goal he scored against madrid nd yet scored 16 goals dat season,flamini is doin well at milan if u must knw,do u eva watch italian league? Song also is doin fine at barca,he played 20 match last season,"The Cameroonian cost 19 million euros and
signed for five seasons, with a buyout clause of 80 million
euros"(if any club wuld sign mikel I bet u,he wil neva hv dat amount of buyout clause) "abi barca no c mikel b4 dem buy song? Nasri perform well in 2011/12 season nd help mancity lift d league,bt fellout wit der coach last season as for lehman he was old,nd u wuldnt xpect him 2 play well at dat age
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by Adufaye(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

song is talented.....let mikel try dis shit
Shabi him dribble finish chelsea no stil score bt c song o

www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=GB&client=mv-google&v=ERfaD-CISVE
Re: Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2013
Adufaye: I knw u are a chelsea fan........don't use dat 2 judge player,essien sittin on bench dosent mean mikel is d cus,mr essien came back 4rm injury which kept him out 4 a season nd even missed two nations cup,missed last nation cups due 2 match fittest nd was loan 2 Madrid 2 get fit,bros d truth is dat song is far beta dan mikel,if mikel shuld pass tru ball,all chelsea fan wil shout "Obi" meanin wat? Is he d 1st,how many assist dose mikel hv in a season? How many goals? How many complete pass? How many clean tackle?,song went 2 barca whose team is deadly complete nd was able 2 score,assist nd pass,!!! Arteta is nt a DM bt last season he played in d deeper role like mikel,he adapt quickly,made tackle,assist,score,create chances nd was given d player wit d highest complete pass!

Leta na una go say mikel play pass chiek tiote

Song isn't better than Mikel as a midfielder. He was just more opportuned to go to Arsenal and played his natural position regularly.

On the other hand, Mikel went to Chelsea and met numerous competition in the midfield from Lampard, Deco, Joe Cole, Ballack.

Mikel growing up neverplayed off his natural role yet he made a lot out of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / 'If Someone Cannot Cry About VAR It Is Man Utd' - Mourinho Has No Sympathy / List Of Most Expensive Football Players In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.