Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86543 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
People leave almost every ministry. Can you name an assembly where no one leaves? People have their reasons for joining any ministry just as others have reasons for leaving. Everyone is where they are by choice. Fellowship where you choose or where God leads you to. That can be anywhere.

HARDDON:

j leave sentiments.... call a spade a spade.

there are alot of pastors who broke out of your ministry and formed theirs and are doing very well today.

God is not after the hypocritical looks( just like the pharisees in time past); he is after the heart. for out of it are the issues of life. chastity has nothing to do with carrying smelly hairs bounded by robes. it is not about not making up and not wearing gold.... it is not!

It is not about those poverty mentality. you mock God by appearing thus.

If you wano go to heaven like Lazarus, it is your sole choice.

why Wud one be born again and be poor? why serve God if there lies no benefits? no greater life?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: People leave almost every ministry. Can you name an assembly where no one leaves? People have their reasons for joining any ministry just as others have reasons for leaving. Everyone is where they are by choice. Fellowship where you choose or where God leads you to. That can be anywhere.

we are to expose evil when and wherever we see it.

wink
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HARDDON: 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
come out into the light and taste the coffee JLounge and the likes ....it is latter than yall think

and while at it, lets not lose sight of the topic at hand: people have been wedding with so much restriction placed on them. dont this , dont that....and all of a sudden, GL son went wild and broke the shackles right in the b4 of his dad and all. and some one wakes up to offer apologies? is that the way it works now?

if it was an ordinary member that showed up like that, the marriage would have been cancelled. and suspension leveled against them..... but here now, it wasnt,,,, marriage went on as planned ...

and now some1 come across to apologize? would the apology change the wedding dress of those that are already wedded under stringent rules?

would the apology soothe the nerves of those that couldnt even express themselves with dances during their days because they were so scared of been suspended?

bliv me, this is mother of all DOUBLE STANDARDS!

and nothing would make men not to brake out....you need to listen to your singles sisters rejoicing after seeing those pics( it means there lies alota bondage somewhere)!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

I have not abused, insulted or used profane words against anyone, I simply spoke the truth and you hate me for it ?

sorry if dt sounds like an insult,but i v just spoken d truth too!
Though i dnt agree with most things done in deeperlife bt that does nt warant d trash most ppl v been saying here...i wonder if these ppl are God!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ohpeyemi(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
legalist will not accept the truth and will do anything to upheld the observerance of their man made rules so as to appear righteous before men.

The apology made is a calculated manipulation so as to dissuade other intending couples from wanting to have their wedding like john's wedding. The wedding was held clandestinely in jamaica but they never knew the pictures could go viral on the social media.
Why didn't any apology made when Jerry(firstborn of Pastor kumuyi) made after his wedding some years ago, or do they want to tell us the wedding was conducted in compliance with dl rules.
let's stop deceiving ourselves and tell the truth even when it pains most.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
The door you used is accessible by all. Allow people to arrive at their own conclusions which shouldn't compulsorily be the same as yours. Surely your new local assembly needs your focus more than the DL you left

frosbel:

I don't believe in sweeping dirt under the carpet.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

the people who are doing the condemning are those who are judging God's servants for looking nice on their most important day, just be careful so that you do not cause this beautiful couple to sin. Who made you a judge over them.

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea." - Mark 9:42
stop kidding urself. u have no truth what so ever. u lack understanding of the bible. u atitude on this forum mark u out clearly as a pharisee.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
And since people leave virtually any assembly for some reason (s), does that make all assemblies evil? Can you start a ministry where everyone agrees with you? Tell us where it is

frosbel:

we are to expose evil when and wherever we see it.

wink
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HARDDON: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
HARDDON: come out into the light and taste the coffee JLounge and the likes ....it is latter than yall think

and while at it, lets not lose sight of the topic at hand: people have been wedding with so much restriction placed on them. dont this , dont that....and all of a sudden, GL son went wild and broke the shackles right in the b4 of his dad and all. and some one wakes up to offer apologies? is that the way it works now?

if it was an ordinary member that showed up like that, the marriage would have been cancelled. and suspension leveled against them..... but here now, it wasnt,,,, marriage went on as planned ...

and now some1 come across to apologize? would the apology change the wedding dress of those that are already wedded under stringent rules?

would the apology soothe the nerves of those that couldnt even express themselves with dances during their days because they were so scared of been suspended?

bliv me, this is mother of all DOUBLE STANDARDS!

and nothing would make men not to brake out....you need to listen to your singles sisters rejoicing after seeing those pics( it means there lies alota bondage somewhere)!

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: And since people leave virtually any assembly for some reason (s), does that make all assemblies evil? Can you start a ministry where everyone agrees with you? Tell us where it is
pls help me ask him o!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by francisbiz: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel: they had NOTHING to apologise for.

Stop this pandering to MEN and their tradition which has nothing to do with Christ.
I wanted to say what's wrong with yyou on the first line, but the second actually said it all.
You are on point, its only that people are apprehensive when they get deceive by churches, just to get more crowd and then money.
Dressing really is an attribute or component of culture. It has nothing really to do with Christianity. Just be decent in your dressing and they should stop telling women to compulsorily wear turtle-neck shirts when the temperature is above 32degrees centigrade.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: And since people leave virtually any assembly for some reason (s), does that make all assemblies evil? Can you start a ministry where everyone agrees with you? Tell us where it is

Is that the issue? No matter what you and I do, it as been written that false prophet will come out within the church. Not just that, the man of sin, the son of perdition will rule and claim he is God. The bible actually says he is with us controlling the affairs of many churches but he will be revealed on the day Christ appear. All we can do is to draw as many as we can from the gospel of the devil such as gospel of condemnation, prosperity, and all other contemporary gospels that are not according to the one and only gospel of Christ taught in the scripture.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

nope, you must have mistakened me for another person.

If people leave your church it will be due to hypocrisy.

smiley

You probably left because the fire was getting too hot for you.

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us"
(1 John 2:19).

I just hope that you don't settle into a comfortable state of atheism where there will be no complaint of hypocrisy.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by okuesooluranti: 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Some people will leave this world and just discover one of the major reasons they ddnt get mercy from God to help them make heaven is bcs of sevral dirty words dey'v spoken against men of God!the bible says,touch not my anointed(u can touch muchmore with wot u type online and wot u say abt them)! Remember Mariam who bcame leprous all bcs of wot she sed against Moses d man of God even in his absence!let's be wise
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
okuesooluranti:

Some people will leave this world and just discover one of the major reasons they ddnt get mercy from God to help them make heaven is bcs of sevral dirty words dey'v spoken against men of God!the bible says,touch not my anointed(u can touch muchmore with wot u type online and wot u say abt them)! Remember Mariam who bcame leprous all bcs of wot she sed against Moses d man of God even in his absence!let's be wise

Word of wisdom. I hope all the naysayers and the gainsayers would take note.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Boomark(m): 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @seunlayi, now your statement got me really pissed up. What do u mean Jamaica's doctrine is different from Nigeria? Was John raised in Jamaica? Was Odih love raised in Jamaica? She was made and spent her childhood in kaduna, brewed behind d 4 walls of hyporcrisy, necessitated by the exalted position of her parents, and do you know how long she spent @ is it AkwaIbom now or Crossriver.

Don't give me that crap of doctrines. Don't hold brief for nobody, let's be realistic, we're not under bondage and we should not condescend so low.

I'm not saying what they did was bad but by deeperlife's standard it was so wrong that if were done by some lower pastors, even the pastors will be told to drop their portfolios.

This just shows the capability of the future generations of deeperlife, they'll certainly destroy everything the founder stood for. By virtue of standards in 'the industry', someone like John can inherit the church, what will he preach?

Who joined them before the altar, while ignoring her sinful appearance according to their church doctrine?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
That is the issue. There is no assembly that doesn't experience people using the door, either joining or leaving. Its all by choice. How does the false prophet or the antichrist relate to the issue at hand? I think all of us have access to the Bible and God's Spirit.

shdemidemi:

Is that the issue? No matter what you and I do, it as been written that false prophet will come out within the church. Not just that, the man of sin, the son of perdition will rule and claim he is God. The bible actually says he is with us controlling the affairs of many churches but he will be revealed on the day Christ appear. All we can do is to draw as many as we can from the gospel of the devil such as gospel of condemnation, prosperity, and all other contemporary gospels that are not according to the one and only gospel of Christ taught in the scripture.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Kaysalas(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
finally, the RULE bend.
dear kennedo, i av noticed a bit of objectivity in ur comments but may i say here that anytime naija policeman wan catch thief, d thief escape, police go arrest im mama, papa or brother, till d guy show. Well, for all deeper life outsiders, maybe i shud start by tellin u dt dia av bin cases where because of all dis 'tins' sum pple left d church, married elsewhere then came back. But in dis case, na pastor son, and na for inside dl church dem do d wedding. Now my points; yoruba say 'igbagbo baba o gba omo la' i.e ......Ehmn!... Get d intrepretation urself abeg. John is man enough to make his decisions, which however, doesn't in anyway change d old man's convictions. U guys criticizing d pastor seem to av forgotten abt a certain prophet Eli in d bible, n what befell his sons. Does that in anyway make Eli a hypocrite? D devil has tried d man so tey... Na to use pikin get to papa now(devil, weldone. U try small ). Secondly, to d coordinator man who says there is nothin wrong abt what john did, i fear for what becomes of d church when g.s leaves, if u a coordinator can say such. What hs happened to gen. 35:1-4 to d end if u like and all d other teachings u got in d church? U tink all these are d pastor's creations? Some NL's will even say na only african pastors dey preach dt kain tins, pls go check up d history n ministry of d apostolic faith church, from william seymour to mrs crawford, get pictures of great hymn writers of old, fanny crosby n others then u will av a better understanding of what pastor kumuyi preaches. As a young bachelor, i am shaken by all these but u knw i av resolved to stand no matter what. Apology or no apology, my concern is just abt d millions of youths who already are aving a battle within and now 'dis'. Anyway, food for thought for everybody Rev. 22:11-15. Think on these things
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: That is the issue. There is no assembly that doesn't experience people using the door, either joining or leaving. Its all by choice. How does the false prophet or the antichrist relate to the issue at hand? I think all of us have access to the Bible and God's Spirit.

Mr Kumuyi is definitely a false teacher and that is the issue at hand. I believe frosbel is just being permissive by not mentioning what the issue really is.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:
Mr Kumuyi is definitely a false teacher and that is the issue at hand. I believe frosbel is just being permissive by not mentioning what the issue really is.
mr kumuyi is a false teacher,oyedepo is a false teacher,adeboye is a false...i am sure all pastors to u r false teachers. Oya tell me,who is not a false teacher,who is d true teacher? You?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mintayo:
mr kumuyi is a false teacher,oyedepo is a false teacher,adeboye is a false...i am sure all pastors to u r false teachers. Oya tell me,who is not a false teacher,who is d true teacher? You?

Anyone who teaches the gospel according to the scriptures is not false. You can list all the 'big' pastors you know, as long as their teachings and practices are not inline with the gospel, they are false.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Anyone who teaches the gospel according to the scriptures is not false. You can list all the 'big' pastors you know, as long as their teachings and practices are not inline with the gospel, they are false.
please can u give me a name of a pastor that is not false? A true pastor?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Kaysalas(m): 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
to all those calling these MOG false teachers, will u say Eli was false too? Remember, being a false teacher means not being called of God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
Really? You are accountable for your pronouncements. Was that pronouncement by the Holy Spirit or your flesh?

shdemidemi:

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by misto(m): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

its nw glaring dat u nd frosbel nd gflourish nd d likes r just jehovah witness nd u r ashame to identify with ur denomination. Smh...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mintayo:
please can u give me a name of a pastor that is not false? A true pastor?

I will never advertise any pastor neither will I tell you where to go to find the truth. One thing is for sure though, if you really/genuinely look for the truth/God you will eventually find it.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
misto:

its nw glaring dat u nd frosbel nd gflourish nd d likes r just jehovah witness nd u r ashame to identify with ur denomination. Smh...

Witness Jeho what!!! I am not that please.
I have quoted the scriptures here, the bible remains our guide as believers. The practices of the deeper life assembly is definitely not in line with the scriptures. If you would rather accept kumuyi's guide to what the bible says, you are on your own.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
Kaysalas: dear kennedo, i av noticed a bit of objectivity in ur comments but may i say here that anytime naija policeman wan catch thief, d thief escape, police go arrest im mama, papa or brother, till d guy show. Well, for all deeper life outsiders, maybe i shud start by tellin u dt dia av bin cases where because of all dis 'tins' sum pple left d church, married elsewhere then came back. But in dis case, na pastor son, and na for inside dl church dem do d wedding. Now my points; yoruba say 'igbagbo baba o gba omo la' i.e ......Ehmn!... Get d intrepretation urself abeg. John is man enough to make his decisions, which however, doesn't in anyway change d old man's convictions. U guys criticizing d pastor seem to av forgotten abt a certain prophet Eli in d bible, n what befell his sons. Does that in anyway make Eli a hypocrite? D devil has tried d man so tey... Na to use pikin get to papa now(devil, weldone. U try small ). Secondly, to d coordinator man who says there is nothin wrong abt what john did, i fear for what becomes of d church when g.s leaves, if u a coordinator can say such. What hs happened to gen. 35:1-4 to d end if u like and all d other teachings u got in d church? U tink all these are d pastor's creations? Some NL's will even say na only african pastors dey preach dt kain tins, pls go check up d history n ministry of d apostolic faith church, from william seymour to mrs crawford, get pictures of great hymn writers of old, fanny crosby n others then u will av a better understanding of what pastor kumuyi preaches. As a young bachelor, i am shaken by all these but u knw i av resolved to stand no matter what. Apology or no apology, my concern is just abt d millions of youths who already are aving a battle within and now 'dis'. Anyway, food for thought for everybody Rev. 22:11-15. Think on these things
thank you bro. Do you know the meaning of gboro mi di eleru? That is what those people intervening in this discussion are. just leave them alone and let them say '' ofe l'ohun''. They never knew that the church still stand despite all there negative comments.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Kaysalas(m): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: what has dis got to do wif da topic?
why are u editing d guy's post. 1 thi 2:9 he quoted, not det 22v9. Chai! Na wa
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I will never advertise any pastor neither will I tell you where to go to find the truth. One thing is for sure though, if you really/genuinely look for the truth/God you will eventually find it.

i have found d truth bt i believe u will call it false!
Anyways,i am not accountable to you,none of dis pastors are accountable to you,u have no right whatsoever to call them false,their judgement is nt in ur hands!
I dnt knw what is wrong with some ppl!
1. Oyedepo preaches prosperity through christ=u taq him false!
2. Adeboye preaches salvation through christ Jesus=u taq him false!
3. Kumuyi preaches Holiness and salvation=u taq him false!
What else do ppl want...smh;i bet it is ur own pastor that is true,right?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by PastorKun(m): 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mintayo:

Any pastor that preaches the fraudulent tithe doctrine as mandatory for christians is most definitely a false preacher.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mintayo:

i have found d truth bt i believe u will call it false!
Anyways,i am not accountable to you,none of dis pastors are accountable to you,u have no right whatsoever to call them false,their judgement is nt in ur hands!
I dnt knw what is wrong with some ppl!
1. Oyedepo preaches prosperity through christ=u taq him false!
2. Adeboye preaches salvation through christ Jesus=u taq him false!
3. Kumuyi preaches Holiness and salvation=u taq him false!
What else do ppl want...smh;i bet it is ur own pastor that is true,right?

You are right about not being accountable to me , but you are definitely accountable to your creator.

1) prosperity gospel cannot be preached along side Christ, there was no precedence of such in the scripture. God never separated any man for such and we were never given any hint through prophesy that a prosperity teacher would be raised.

1 tim 6
5 And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a [c]source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw

2) adeboye's gospel is a bit of oyedepo and kumuyi

4 But the [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach,

3)kumuyi teaches the law of Moses and put loads of people under the bondage of religion (the other two are guilty of this as well)

14 For He is [Himself] our peace (our bond of unity and harmony). He has made us both [Jew and Gentile] one [body], and has broken down (destroyed, abolished) the hostile dividing wall between us,By abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the enmity [caused by] the Law with its decrees and ordinances [which He annulled];

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Shaibu Butchered To Death By Muslim Youths In Masu, Kano (Graphic Photos) / Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.