Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86396 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mintayo:
did u just say cult?smh...

Any church that tries to Lord it over God's sheep is a cult.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by vislabraye(m): 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
What are dey apoogising for? As long as papa K attended de wedding, he approved of it. Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by obinnakenedo(m): 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
Sophiegurl: When did u pple start browsing and chatting and pinging. Tot it wasn't allowed.
class captain.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by 99cent: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2013
deeper life women should use this opportunity to start dressing to please their God not some pastor.
clearly they have been scammed!!
there is no sin in wearing a earring or necklace or makeup for ur wedding for chrissake!

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by adepojuot: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2013
texaco1:
and what is the apology they tendered ?what is their crime ?na wah oo sad sad
there traditional wedding dressing,it is against deeper life doctrine.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

They should leave that church and follow JESUS, deeperlife is a CULT.
can u explain what you mean by this statement
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

Any church that tries to Lord it over God's sheep is a cult.

Gbam
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

Yes bro, I am here to preach deliverance to the captives of the cults of MEN.

smiley
you never deliver yourself na others you wan deliver... Smh

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Soloter(m): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
My dear brother and sister (John n Love), I am also a member of the church(a Coordinator) but i say, if not for the sake of pleasing those who felt offended, there is no point apologising. You owe no man any apology. God is not angry with you for marrying a woman. You didn't marry a man. Hear Paul on a similar case; "... Let no man trouble me, I bear the marks of CHRIST" not men. There was no problem with sister Love's dressing before God and Men. The devil only pushed outsiders to make unnecessary hullabaloo which was supported by a microscopic envious fault finding brethren in the Church. May God forgive them all for making my brethren(John & Love) to feel guilty for no cause.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by honey001(m): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
vislabraye: What are dey apoogising for? As long as papa K attended de wedding, he approved of it. Shikena.

Actually, Pastor will and cannot approve of that.... he declined attending the ceremony initially as evident in the apology letter....
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mintayo:
did u just say cult?smh...
you no know frosbel ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
texaco1:
can u explain what you mean by this statement
Let us use the dictionary.

cult
/kəlt/
Noun
A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
honey001:

Actually, Pastor will and cannot approve of that.... he declined attending the ceremony initially as evident in the apology letter....

we are not called to be Pastor pleasers, we are called to be GOD pleasers.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by SailorXY: 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
Pygru:
you no know frosbel ?
The satanist? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
Pygru:
you no know frosbel ?

I You need to see a psychologist asap

grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

we are not called to be Pastor pleasers, we are called to be GOD pleasers.

Gbam!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by dpresido(m): 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
When shall we transcend beyond hypocrisy and face Spirituality and Holiness? Personally and to the best of my opinion, they have NOTHING to apologize for. Reason: They have not sinned in anyway and I don't see why they should be castigated or disciplined as this would only aggravate the level of hypocrisy in the church! Though I didn't listen to the said letter as it must have been read before we got to the venue of the program.....Final msg for tonite coming and all my mountains are moving IJN..amen...I shall continue to follow the GS doctrine of Holiness and not Human principles and personal puritanism which does not take you to the gate of heaven..except holiness..
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
babyosisi:
Let us use the dictionary.

cult
/kəlt/
Noun
A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

ok good , now pls how does this apply to deeperlife ,just asking

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
SailorXY:
The satanist? cheesy

the exposer of cults and their control over men and women.

In summary , we should always please GOD in our conduct , thoughts and speech not MEN, eye service does not save.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sophiegurl(f): 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
class captain.
na u sabi
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
SailorXY:
The satanist? cheesy
Maybe...
But im title na chief False prophet/teacher of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
texaco1:
ok good , now pls how does this apply to deeperlife ,just asking

Easy.

I was a member and worker for over 10 years, deeperlife is structured like a company with the CEO at top, and then directors ( pastors ) , managers ( coordinators ) etc etc. The CEO runs the company and has the final say on all matters.

Well this is not how Jesus asked the church to be run, Jesus is the CEO and we are all members in different offices accountable to each other but primarily accountable to God himself.

A CEO church controls what happens among the members, the way they dress, talk, who they interact with, how they think, etc etc, this is how cults work.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

I You need to see a psychologist asap

grin grin
Yeah, you be one ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
dpresido: When shall we transcend beyond hypocrisy and face Spirituality and Holiness? Personally and to the best of my opinion, they have NOTHING to apologize for. Reason: They have not sinned in anyway and I don't see why they should be castigated or disciplined as this would only aggravate the level of hypocrisy in the church! Though I didn't listen to the said letter as it must have been read before we got to the venue of the program.....Final msg for tonite coming and all my mountains are moving IJN..amen...I shall continue to follow the GS doctrine of Holiness and not Human principles and personal puritanism which does not take you to the gate of heaven..except holiness..
thank u bro, message is on

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
Characteristics of a religious cult

They practice separatism and devote much of their time trying to proselyte others.

Their efforts to convert others are underhanded and manipulative.

The group’s leaders claim to be God’s prophets or messiahs or apostles who receive “divine revelations.”

They teach that all other churches and groups are lost unless they surrender what they have and join them.

Their leaders are dictatorial and demanding, either directly or subtly.

They claim to have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Members are expected to attend study sessions where they are firmly indoctrinated (“brainwashed”) with the group’s mundane creeds and human theories.

They resent having their doctrines and creeds questioned.

They believe salvation and afterlife are found only in their camp.

Those who desert the group are judged evil and apostates.

They dictate almost every facet of the members’ lives—sexual, social, domestic, political, and spiritual.

They deny that God has other children scattered over the hills and valleys of sectarianism.

They believe God’s elect are found only within the borders of their own enclosure.

Honest dissidents are disciplined, avoided, and excommunicated.

They insist on strict conformity to the group’s doctrinal standards.

Their teachings contradict plain truth.

Their source of authority is of human origin.

They require a new convert to be rebaptized, even though he was sincerely baptized previously.

They have devised their own translation of the scriptures and prohibit any translation not approved by them.

Members are expected to give large amounts of money and ample energy and time to the group’s activities.

They allege to be the only legitimate interpreters of scripture.

They wrest scripture to foster their belief system.

There are other cultic marks unknown to this scribe, but these are sufficient to establish our premise.

http://www.mindspring.com/~renewal/Cults.html

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
dpresido: When shall we transcend beyond hypocrisy and face Spirituality and Holiness? Personally and to the best of my opinion, they have NOTHING to apologize for. Reason: They have not sinned in anyway and I don't see why they should be castigated or disciplined as this would only aggravate the level of hypocrisy in the church! Though I didn't listen to the said letter as it must have been read before we got to the venue of the program.....Final msg for tonite coming and all my mountains are moving IJN..amen...I shall continue to follow the GS doctrine of Holiness and not Human principles and personal puritanism which does not take you to the gate of heaven..except holiness..

Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and you will never fail.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

Easy.

I was a member and worker for over 10 years, deeperlife is structured like a company with the CEO at top, and then directors ( pastors ) , managers ( coordinators ) etc etc. The CEO runs the company and has the final say on all matters.

Well this is not how Jesus asked the church to be run, Jesus is the CEO and we are all members in different offices accountable to each other but primarily accountable to God himself.

A CEO church controls what happens among the members, the way they dress, talk, who they interact with, how they think, etc etc, this is how cults work.

ok , i get ur point, but pls isn't this the same set up with all other pentecostal churches ?oyedepo controls everything in his church so also does oyakhimome , so why should deeper life be different

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
Pygru:
Yeah, you be one ?

well , seeing that you were booted out of the political section for being a nuisaance , and now you are here doing the same thing, there has to be something wrong, no ?

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
texaco1:
ok , i get ur point, but pls isn't this the same set up with all other pentecostal churches ?oyedepo controls everything in his church so also does oyakhimome , so why should deeper life be different

indeed, it is the same with most churches but not all, and even within cults there are believers who truly love and follow the Lord.

My point is really, it is not up to MAN to determine how we dress, talk or walk, we are led by GOD period.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

indeed, it is the same with most churches but not all, and even within cults there are believers who truly love and follow the Lord.

My point is really, it is not up to MAN to determine how we dress, talk or walk, we are led by GOD period.
so celestial church of christ and cherubim and seraphim are cults too?since they have a particular dress code
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

Easy.

There are people that will read you even after the thread is dormant and their eyes will be opened
Focus on them and don't be discouraged by those attacking you
Maybe God wants to set some people free by this wedding and the outcome they are making of it
There is a season and time for everything.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.