Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86542 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
OlowoTee: Apparently some folks like Frosbel are going to sue God if peradventure they see DL members in Heaven... cheesy #Heaven'sCourtOfAppeal....smiley
grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Ochek: 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Any pastor that preaches the fraudulent tithe doctrine as mandatory for christians is most definitely a false preacher.
And how exactly is that? The last i checked, Tithing was still in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pygru: wetin be ya church name ?
cheesy
can't wait to know the name of his church.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
OlowoTee:
cheesy

There is but one church. I don't do labels or follow men !
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ochek:

Tithing is no longer binding on believers , to preach it as a mandatory part of worship is wrong , to attach a curse for its nonpayment is fraud .

In the new covenant we give as we have or are led.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
Viewing this topic: Tego, frosbel(m), saolab..

Oya tell me ya church name
& location; Uk, russia, china, us, anywhere I go try come attend.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ministers are supposed to proclaim the GOODNEWS and NOT to become the NEWS..we are AMBASSADORS sent on a mission...representing Him

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by PastorKun(m): 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ochek:

Biblical tithes is totally different from the false man made version preached today. That asides biblical tithes was never instructed to christians.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]
What problem do yo have with DL dat makes to b bitter against d church? Are you advocating for satan b/c he is the accuser of brethren if not then let sleeping dog lies but i doubt that,if u're truly 'free' as you claim,you will not be casting abusesn insult on DL.Jesus is d right judge and He will judge every deed of man.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am a follower of Paul's teachings like the scripture says I should. A teacher that teaches from a clear conscience and sincere (unfeigned) faith is definitely needed to expound the scriptures to you, not men doing their own business or men that are not well schooled about the scripture themselves.
who taught u Paul abi u been following Paul from birth? If indeed u have the truth, some one must have taught you. unless your truth na follow come which is not possible '' for all have sin''.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mee234:
who taught u Paul abi u been following Paul from birth? If indeed u have the truth, some one must have taught you. unless your truth na follow come which is not possible '' for all have sin''.
what kind of argument is this?it's lost in purity.the guy said Paul d apostle is his teacher n u still asking for his teacher who taught him.u think is everyone dat must attend man made bible school?Paul wasn't taught of n by anyone or man except by d Lord revelation.how about that?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
To Job's three friends, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite,

KJV Job 42:7
The Lord Rebukes Job's Friends

And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. 8Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job. 9So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the LORD commanded them: the LORD also accepted Job

Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?KJV Job38:2
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by lastpage: 12:21am On Jul 01, 2013
OlowoTee:
cheesy

I'll bet a thousand bucks, He is Jehovah's Witness.

That he chose to ignore even my suggesting it (trust me, most folks who are not J.W's will be very quick to dissociate themselves if wrongly tagged! grin wink ), is further confirmation.

I have even suggested why he is keeping mum about it.

But hey, J.W's know their onions, as you can see through his posts.(though individual excesses is not uncommon)

@frosbel, Pastor Kun: What is your own take on this CAP REMOVAL thing in church?

Is there any bible verse supporting it or making it[b] MANDATORY[/b]?

Lastpage!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 01, 2013
Afoskalex:
What problem do yo have with DL dat makes to b bitter against d church? Are you advocating for satan b/c he is the accuser of brethren if not then let sleeping dog lies but i doubt that,if u're truly 'free' as you claim,you will not be casting abusesn insult on DL.Jesus is d right judge and He will judge every deed of man.

don't even go down that route with me, I am not one to be intimidated by you guys, the truth has been said and noted, we are free to point out hypocrisy when we see it, only a closed organisation is scared of secrets leaking out to the wider public.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 01, 2013
lastpage:

I'll bet a thousand bucks, He is Jehovah's Witness.

That he chose to ignore even my suggesting it (trust me, most folks who are not J.W's will be very quick to dissociate themselves if wrongly tagged! grin wink ), is further confirmation.

I have even suggested why he is keeping mum about it.

But hey, J.W's know their onions, as you can see through his posts.(though individual excesses is not uncommon)

@frosbel: What is your own take on this CAP REMOVAL thing in church?

Is there any bible verse supporting it or making it[b] MANDATORY[/b]?

Lastpage!

I am not, have not and will not be a JW.

My views are more aligned with the church as described in the acts of the apostles.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by tpia5: 12:34am On Jul 01, 2013
why do people get so wound up over religious matters?

i get bored after the first two pages, yet i doubt anyone on nl is more religiously inclined than me.

all this energy you're expending debating extant topics such as how a woman dresses on her wedding day, and how people decide to spend their money, hope you wont regret wasting it.

countless women are showing up in church half n.aked both on and off their wedding day, you people didnt utter a peep, maybe because you enjoyed the show?

but you want to start crying because a particular church refuses to oblige your wicked tastes.

not cool. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by misto(m): 1:43am On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

A Pharisee is one who burdens others with manmade tradition while adhereing to a different policy.

A Pharisee by inference is a hypocrite , outside they appear holy and clean but inwardly they are full of corruption and wickedness.

hmm all pharisees are not hypocrites but they r those that know d law like having phd in theology. Paul d apostle was a pharisee, ezra was a scribe in israel nd they obeyed God but false prophet like frosbel is the real furstrated hypocrites
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by lastpage: 3:07am On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

I am not, have not and will not be a JW.

My views are more aligned with the church as described in the acts of the apostles.

Okay, opinion respected.

Now, give me an angle on this CAP thingy now?

Lastpage!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by smudge2079(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2013
and ye shall know d truth and d truth shall set you free....so d bible say. now i know, free urself from any doctrine preached by churches dat u cant see in d bible. i just did and d truth has set me free

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 01, 2013
lastpage:

Okay, opinion respected.

Now, give me an angle on this CAP thingy now?

Lastpage!

In my small opinion , I see nothing wrong in the wearing of a hat in a place of worship .
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2013
misto:

hmm all pharisees are not hypocrites but they r those that know d law like having phd in theology. Paul d apostle was a pharisee, ezra was a scribe in israel nd they obeyed God but false prophet like frosbel is the real furstrated hypocrites

I repeat , the hypocrites were those who went beyond what was written and added to the word of God their man made traditions , including but not limited to what to wear , what to eat or drink , which holidays to observe etc.

In other words , they strained on gnats and swallowed camels.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by uhuns: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2013
JudismphD: How personal palaver take jump enter front page like rocket

More traffic
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 01, 2013
Frosbel, you have not been honest enough to answer the question thrown at you, and you know it.
And, you said Presumption? No, it's all about GRACE -Unmerited.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 9:41am On Jul 01, 2013
Be true to yourself when you were in DL,were there things secretive to you.You should have cried out then,why crying foul now.As someone poited out d other time that you're on the part to apostesy,so BEWARE.Quoting scriptures doesn't make you a believer,satan also knows the scripture but all to his own destruction.
frosbel:

don't even go down that route with me, I am not one to be intimidated by you guys, the truth has been said and noted, we are free to point out hypocrisy when we see it, only a closed organisation is scared of secrets leaking out to the wider public.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2013
Afoskalex: Be true to yourself when you were in DL,were there things secretive to you.You should have cried out then,why crying foul now.As someone poited out d other time that you're on the part to apostesy,so BEWARE.Quoting scriptures doesn't make you a believer,satan also knows the scripture but all to his own destruction.

I will say what I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2013
flourishG: what kind of argument is this?it's lost in purity.the guy said Paul d apostle is his teacher n u still asking for his teacher who taught him.u think is everyone dat must attend man made bible school?Paul wasn't taught of n by anyone or man except by d Lord revelation.how about that?
Bros, Paul was sent to Ananias who prayed for him and introduced him to the believers. He spent some time with them. So every body was taught this truth even Paul. Unless u are another TB Joshua who was converted from birth or a Muhammad who a supposed angel have to force to know the 'truth' . They must be a time in your life when u will come in contact with this truth. U must be taught by ur parents, pastor, etc.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 10:18am On Jul 01, 2013
So even DL apologists can be this biased to the extent to lying

SMH... Frosbel is now being labelled because he is speaking somthing we all know

Did DL restrict people wedding dress YES!

Did john kumuyi wedding follow a dress not in accordance with the doctrine YES

If it was tom, slick and harry who did this will they be disciplined YES

Why is it not the case now.. Answer

To deny this is the case is tragic and sad that dlbc people are being fanatical and practising hero worship unlike the men of isacchar who studied the scriptures themselves to know the times
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

I will say what I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

smiley
He doesn't have to do anything. Core perished in gain saying. Read jude 11. In fact jude 8 to 19/20 describe your case.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2013
Mee234:
He doesn't have to do anything. Core perished in gain saying. Read jude 11. In fact jude 8 to 19/20 describe your case.

threats , fearmongering , insults, what is new Pal ?

Lol, grin.

Korah rebelled against Moses who is a sort of Christ, he wanted to have pre-eminence above the rest, and in the process spoke evil against Moses causing a rebellion.

In this case, I am not attacking a Person but a cultic system that entraps, ensnares and brings under bondage the chidlren of GOD.

Please bin your threats , they do not scare me on iota.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by BarrSeun: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2013
I was privileged to attend our mid-year celebration of the deeper life bible church on the 29th and 30th June, 2013. Prior to the meeting, the marriage ceremony of the pastor's son and his heartthrob had generated a lot of controversy. The controversy was premised on the presumed extravagant conduct of the wedding and in particular the dressing of Love Kumuyi. At the program attended over the weekend, the Man of God through the moderator debunked the allegation that he approved of the way the marriage was conducted. As a matter of fact, delegates from the headquarter church were sent ahead of the Man of God to ensure that things were done decently and in order.

Information has it that the man of God on getting to the venue of the marriage was highly displeased and discontented with the conduct of the wedding and dressing of the newly wedded couples as it was at variance with what he believed, taught and stood for this past 40years in the Ministry. Pastor Kumuyi reluctantly stayed back to witness the wedding. Immediately after the ceremony, the couples were played on discipline by the church. A letter of apology was subsequently written and sent to the entire church by the couples indicating that they were sorry for their actions. This letter was publicly read to the whole church on Saturday 29th June, 2013 at about 7.00pm and it was also broadcasted. I was in that program and can confirm this.

Just like every organization has its ethical standards for uniformity sake, the church also has its standards which it believes will put people on check particularly with reference to the conduct of marriage, dressing. etc. What the bible preaches is "let not your unclothedness be discovered" Moderation in all thing "because the coming of the lord is at hand". The couples obviously knew what the church stood for but they decided to deviate. Such deviation shouldn't depict the Man of God as a compromising person. He expressed his displeasure over the whole incident.

Rarely would you find a man of God of this repute coming out to disapprove of his child's action. Pastor Kumuyi would not see something wrong and keep quiet. I sincerely respect his courage and believes. He is indeed a man of God. Believers today must be ready to stand for the truth whether or not it would affect our dear ones negatively.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2013
Barr Seun: I was privileged to attend our mid-year celebration of the deeper life bible church on the 29th and 30th June, 2013. Prior to the meeting, the marriage ceremony of the pastor's son and his heartthrob had generated a lot of controversy. The controversy was premised on the presumed extravagant conduct of the wedding and in particular the dressing of Love Kumuyi. At the program attended over the weekend, the Man of God through the moderator debunked the allegation that he approved of the way the marriage was conducted. As a matter of fact, delegates from the headquarter church were sent ahead of the Man of God to ensure that things were done decently and in order.

Information has it that the man of God on getting to the venue of the marriage was highly displeased and discontented with the conduct of the wedding and dressing of the newly wedded couples as it was at variance with what he believed, taught and stood for this past 40years in the Ministry. Pastor Kumuyi reluctantly stayed back to witness the wedding. Immediately after the ceremony, the couples were played on discipline by the church. A letter of apology was subsequently written and sent to the entire church by the couples indicating that they were sorry for their actions. This letter was publicly read to the whole church on Saturday 29th June, 2013 at about 7.00pm and it was also broadcasted. I was in that program and can confirm this.

Just like every organization has its ethical standards for uniformity sake, the church also has its standards which it believes will put people on check particularly with reference to the conduct of marriage, dressing. etc. What the bible preaches is "let not your unclothedness be discovered" Moderation in all thing "because the coming of the lord is at hand". The couples obviously knew what the church stood for but they decided to deviate. Such deviation shouldn't depict the Man of God as a compromising person. He expressed his displeasure over the whole incident.

Rarely would you find a man of God of this repute coming out to disapprove of his child's action. Pastor Kumuyi would not see something wrong and keep quiet. I sincerely respect his courage and believes. He is indeed a man of God. Believers today must be ready to stand for the truth whether or not it would affect our dear ones negatively.

I know Brother Kumuiyi has the best interest of his sheep at heart, however the sheep are Christ's and their foremost responsibility is to JESUS .

So far as Bro Kumuiyi preaches and teaches the word of GOD within the scope and context of scripture , the sheep will and must follow, however when man-made rules and traditions are introduced with a compulsory requirement that they must be obeyed, this becomes a problem and could bring God's sheep under bondage, guilt and discouragement.

End of the day, what matters is what GOD wants, we should aim to please GOD , pastors and teachers are only there to guide us into truth within the authority given to them by GOD.

I repeat, the sister and brother did nothing wrong by marrying in such a fashion, Isaac and Rebecca had an even more outlandish wedding, I am sure you will not condemn them.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

threats , fearmongering , insults, what is new Pal ?

Lol, grin.

Korah rebelled against Moses who is a sort of Christ, he wanted to have pre-eminence above the rest, and in the process spoke evil against Moses causing a rebellion.

In this case, I am not attacking a Person but a cultic system that entraps, ensnares and brings under bondage the chidlren of GOD.

Please bin your threats , they do not scare me on iota.

smiley
Bros na y for u ooooo. If u feel threatened that is because u are guilty for '' if our heart condemned us......... '' read through the book of jude and judge your life on this forum by it. I have not insulted you in any way. Just noticed that you have fallen out of grace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Shaibu Butchered To Death By Muslim Youths In Masu, Kano (Graphic Photos) / Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.