Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86400 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
whether they apologize or not they have done what they wanted to do , all this apology na wash wash . life continues

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ubong560(m): 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
Not accepted! Why did they use it in the first place? What happened to thier sense of morality then. Medicine after death!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
honey001: For those asking for source of the information, the letter was read to the whole congregation during the Jubilation unlimited programme this evening..... The two of them were then placed on discipline.......
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
ubong560: Not accepted! Why did they use it in the first place? What happened to thier sense of morality then. Medicine after death!

They have nothing to apologise for, they dressed very well, best wishes to them and shame to their fanatical detractors.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Archmed(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
what sort of half-baked news is this?
Nairaland and its irony...Very informative stories are TRENDING while craps make FRONTPAGE.
Seun are U sleeping
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
haba Moderato, why frontpage when I am yet to give you details as we are into a special programme. well, if you want to hear the details, you need to wait till the copy is out

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sophiegurl(f): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
ubong560: Not accepted! Why did they use it in the first place? What happened to thier sense of morality then. Medicine after death!
Sense of morality bi ti bawo. She was covered from neck down to her feet. Just a little pancake here and there.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by addictiv(m): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
ITS ONLY PEOPLE WHOSE WEDDING WAS CLOUDDED WITH THE NORMAL SANDALS AND SKIT AND BLOUSE MODIUS OPERANDI THAT WILL GET PARANOID, TO UP COMING COUPLES A NEW TREND HAS BEEN SET, ONE THAT WOULD BE UTILIZED TO THE FULLEST... grin

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sophiegurl(f): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
seunlayi: haba Moderato, why frontpage when I am yet to give you details as we are into a special programme. well, if you want to hear the details, you need to wait till the copy is out
When did u pple start browsing and chatting and pinging. Tot it wasn't allowed.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by honey001(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
For those asking for source of the information, the letter was read to the whole congregation during the Jubilation unlimited programme this evening..... The two of them were then placed on discipline.......
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
[quote author=Archmed]what sort of half-baked news is this?
Nairaland and its irony...Very informative stories are TRENDING while craps make FRONTPAGE.
Seun are U sleeping[/quote see me, see trouble o, I posted the topic when message was about to begin hoping to give details later only for me to come back to see the post on front page and it has even ran into another page. Tell me, even if it has been a rumour, is this out this people will just put it on the frontpage? Now, I believe Nairaland has truly turned to something else. How I wish their is a option to delete this tread.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
honey001: the two of them were then placed on discipline.......
sorry but this part got me cracking and laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sophiegurl(f): 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
honey001: For those asking for source of the information, the letter was read to the whole congregation during the Jubilation unlimited programme this evening..... The two of them were then placed on discipline.......
Lo batan. But discipline or not. They would always ve a beautiful wedding pix to show their children.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Phonon: 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
In other news just coming in,Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi
has apologized to President Goodluck Jonathan for winning a free and fair NGF election.Don't worry nairalanders,I don't need to add a source to story.I heard it from a reliable drunk at a nearby beer parlour.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Why can't you deeper life folks allow this couple some peace
Let them enjoy their honeymoon
What kind of rubbish is this?
There is no Christianity in this thing you folks are doing
They have nothing to apologize for
They have not offended God

I hope they decide to leave deeper life and serve God in Spirit and in truth rather than bowing to the traditions of men

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
grin i need to apologize for joining nairaland also

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Phonon: 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
Don't laugh o.I saw them being placed on this very huge box with the word 'DISCIPLINE' inscribed on it.They would remain there until the couple perform the wedding ceremony again wearing clothes from 5000 BC.

texaco1:
sorry but this part got me cracking and laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by funnyx(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
akinzy_akin: Dahz all

Dude what's your obsession with Ibadan sef abi dem swear for you? If you no get job and your life is so boring go meet Abati or Asari to fix you now. Fcking reta5ded mofo.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
thanks for updating them and at the same time, this details is for the church affair. If you are interested, come and join in the programme so that u can get more info.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2013

discipline for disobeying the traditions of MEN ?

They should leave that church and follow JESUS, deeperlife is a CULT.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by henrysam(m): 11:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
Let other members do the samee and they will be apologising later. What a Bleep of hypocrazy.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Chinwem(f): 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
BagLova: Are they apologizing for the bling, expensive dress, slight makeup, permed hair or diamond ring? undecided

I think it's the stretch limo grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
It is an unspiritual person that wants to go back to the shadows of Christ in the Old Testament—the rituals, ceremonies or laws do not help us today.

The legalist will have women wear dresses down to their ankles for their holiness and forbid them to wear pants. Back in the days when the Bible was being written men and women both wore robes (maybe they should not even wash their cloths together!)-- I do not subscribe to women wearing very short skirts, or dress as if they are going to a club as they are not to use their freedom to stumble others). But the church is not allowed to make its own rules outside the Bible to control this. People are to be taught biblical principles to gain understanding so they won’t do this, not just be forbidden by rules

In a legalistic church they cannot go to movies or play games. Men must have their hair short, women long. But men wore their hair longer back in biblical days! A Nazarite was not to cut his hair at all. Women are not fraternize with men by a swimming pool or be baptized with them. They are forbidden to go out with other couples. Much of this gets to be ridiculous. Certainly there are lines to be upheld but there are extremes that damage people more than help them.

There is always a potential misuse of pastoral authority on the part of some pastors. We are not just referring to quirky ideas but teachings that remove people from grace.

Diotrephes (3 Jn. 9-10) is a example of a pastor that lorded it over the flock, demanded unquestioning loyalty and his pastoral authority was abused does not encourage people to test him continually by God’s Word. He even forbade the assembly to be with other believers outside themselves, even the apostles.

One of the marks of a cult is the way people are treated when they question authority (for good reason) and then refuse to follow the leadership. When people are asked to submit to a church without question, submit to the pastor or leadership without good reason there is a problem. Once a person no longer submits to the doctrines of a church or come under the “authority” of a church or the cult’s leadership they are made miserable if they stay. They are mistreated and even asked to leave. It does not matter if the church is large or small, cult-like churches come in all sizes. In fact, it is far easier to have people leave a large church because they will not be noticed they left.

http://www.letusreason.org/Cult24.htm

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by SailorXY: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
Sophiegurl: When did u pple start browsing and chatting and pinging. Tot it wasn't allowed.
Don't make fun of yourself

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by deols(f): 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
ok smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

here he comes again.... Smh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Anniettieufia(m): 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
Children of nowadays ,

You want to tell me that in that church they don't have marriage committee & counseling team ?

Was there no inspection of the so call weeding gown b4 that day?

If you ask me,
i will certainly say yes ,
i perceived they warned them ,
but they wouldn't listened ,

afterall, nna my ppapa get church
wetin konsain you?
That apology is 2 late,tell them 2 REPENT, 4 d kingdom of God is @ hand..

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2013
Pygru:
here he comes again.... Smh undecided

Yes bro, I am here to preach deliverance to the captives of the cults of MEN.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by obinnakenedo(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
Sophiegurl: Wetin den do now?
dem tif akara.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel:

did u just say cult?smh...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by obinnakenedo(m): 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
adorabletun: Na wa ooooooo. Apology for wat nw?
hand set.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
frosbel: It is an unspiritual person that wants togo back to the shadows of Christ in the Old Testament—the rituals, ceremonies or laws do not help us today.

The legalist will have women wear dresses down to their ankles for their holiness and forbid them to wear pants. Back in the days when the Bible was being written men and women both wore robes (maybe they should not even wash their cloths together!)-- Ido not subscribe to women wearing very short skirts, or dress as if they are going to a club as they are not to use their freedom to stumble others). But the church is not allowed to make its own rules outside the Bible to control this. People are to be taught biblical principles to gain understanding so they won’t do this, not just be forbidden by rules

In a legalistic church they cannot go to movies or play games. Men must have their hair short, women long. But men wore their hair longer back in biblical days! A Nazarite was not to cut his hair at all. Women are not fraternize with men by a swimming pool or be baptized with them. They are forbiddento go out with other couples. Much of this gets to be ridiculous. Certainly thereare lines to be upheld but there are extremes that damage people more than help them.

There is always a potential misuse of pastoral authority on the part of some pastors. We are not just referring to quirky ideas but teachings that remove people from grace.

Diotrephes (3 Jn. 9-10) is a example of apastor that lorded it over the flock, demanded unquestioning loyalty and his pastoral authority was abused does not encourage people to test him continually by God’s Word. He even forbade the assembly to be with other believers outside themselves, even the apostles.

One of the marks of a cult is the way people are treated when they question authority (for good reason) and then refuse to follow the leadership. When people are asked to submit to a church without question, submit to the pastor or leadership without good reason there is a problem. Once a person no longer submits to the doctrines of a church or come under the “authority” of a church or the cult’s leadership they are made miserable if they stay. They are mistreated and even asked to leave. It does not matter if the church is large or small, cult-like churches come in all sizes. In fact, it is far easier to have people leave a large church because they will not be noticed they left.

http://www.letusreason.org/Cult24.htm
here he comes again.. undecided smh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.