Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,749 members, 7,851,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86498 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by osayande2012(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
I can't see the content of their apology. Press men verify b4 publishing.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by osayande2012(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
I can't see the content of their apology. U pple should leave this couple alone.Press men verify b4 publishing.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Koleman(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Till today i haven't known de cause of de controversy? Was something wrong wit the weddin gown?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by lastpage: 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
Barr Seun: I was privileged to attend our mid-year celebration of the deeper life bible church on the 29th and 30th June, 2013. Prior to the meeting, the marriage ceremony of the pastor's son and his heartthrob had generated a lot of controversy. The controversy was premised on the presumed extravagant conduct of the wedding and in particular the dressing of Love Kumuyi. ....

Information has it that the man of God (Pastor Kumuyi?) on getting to the venue of the marriage was highly displeased and discontented with the conduct of the wedding and dressing of the newly wedded couples as it was at variance with what he believed, taught and stood for this past 40years in the Ministry.

Just like every organization has its ethical standards for uniformity sake, the church also has its standards which it believes will put people on check particularly with reference to the conduct of marriage, dressing. etc. What the bible preaches is "let not your unclothedness be discovered" Moderation in all thing "because the coming of the lord is at hand". The couples obviously knew what the church stood for but they decided to deviate.
This quote actually has summarised EVERYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW about what happened.

The important points have been highlighted.

1.) D.Life has its own "ethical standards", just like any other organisation.

2.)The dressing of the husband and wife in particular, was deemed NOT to be of that standard of D.L

3.) Such dressing was deemed to be at variance with what the Pastor has taught, known and preached in the past

4.)"Let your unclothedness not be discovered" is what the Bible preached. unclothedness means to be without clothing or to expose "private body-parts like laps/cleavages" to the view of others.

So, let us dissect the matter (if we even need to do that at all), based on these 'facts'.
Let us be objective as well.
In doing so, let us "distinguish" between "GOD'S LAW" and "Organisational ETHICAL REQUIREMENT"

*Did they run foul of God's law (By displaying unclothedness)? NO, They did not.
* Did they run foul of the Church's "ethical standard"? YES, they did.

So, what did they apologize for?
Answer: Running foul of the church's ethical standard.

Now, All Frosbel is trying to point out is that "They have NOT ran foul of God's law" ...and therefore need not apologize. He thinks that God's law should be our 'focus and yardstick'... and not any man-made ethical standard.
That l think is not too much to point out

Is it wrong for them to apologize for running foul of their church's "ethical standard"/
No, it is not, since they subscribe willingly to that standard.

So, let us bury the argument here.
Lets not take it "personal", its not worth it......as long as we can distinguish between God's Law, .....and man-made laws.

cheers.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
lastpage:
This quote actually has summarised EVERYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW about what happened.

The important points have been highlighted.

1.) D.Life has its own "ethical standards", just like any other organisation.

2.)The dressing of the husband and wife in particular, was deemed NOT to be of that standard of D.L

3.) Such dressing was deemed to be at variance with what the Pastor has taught, known and preached in the past

4.)"Let your unclothedness not be discovered" is what the Bible preached. unclothedness means to be without clothing or to expose "private body-parts like laps/cleavages" to the view of others.

So, let us dissect the matter (if we even need to do that at all), based on these 'facts'.
Let us be objective as well.
In doing so, let us "distinguish" between "GOD'S LAW" and "Organisational ETHICAL REQUIREMENT"

*Did they run foul of God's law (By displaying unclothedness)? NO, They did not.
* Did they run foul of the Church's "ethical standard"? YES, they did.

So, what did they apologize for?
Answer: Running foul of the church's ethical standard.

Now, All Frosbel is trying to point out is that "They have NOT ran foul of God's law" ...and therefore need not apologize. He thinks that God's law should be our 'focus and yardstick'... and not any man-made ethical standard.
That l think is not too much to point out

Is it wrong for them to apologize for running foul of their church's "ethical standard"/
No, it is not, since they subscribe willingly to that standard.

So, let us bury the argument here.
Lets not take it "personal", its not worth it......as long as we can distinguish between God's Law, .....and man-made laws.

cheers.

Lastpage!

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/832296_gbam1_jpg4c6a4eb23340fc03de77209e0c58660e[/img]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
GBAMMMEST....
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
Pastor Kumuyi is your brother, waoh I will like to know your real name because I know his brothers and sisters, and don't forget the name of your Assembly, does not have to be a Church
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by kefmawin: 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).
It is understandable that their understanding of the christian church has been clouded by the advent of the Pseudo churches, modern day permissive groups and deviating organizations struggling to catch up with the so called worldly trends and fashion which will fade away(1John 2:15).

I will not encourage people to pride themselves with any denomination as it is only JESUS that saves.
But the truth must be told. From honest and unbiased assessment, you will realize that the Deeper Life church is one of the few places where they stand for the truth and follow the scriptures to the later without fear or favour.

Your money or any talent you have mean nothing to the church as long as your lifestyle or conduct does not conform to God's word.
Even though a lot of people would disagree with them on certain areas, it is worthy of note that every view and position the church takes is solely based on their sincere understanding of Scriptures as this is read and studied from cover to cover.

Many comments depict gross Ignorance and exaggeration of what they stand for. I have known the Church for over two decades and heard hundreds of pastor Kumuyi's messages,I have seen His simplicity, integrity and willingness to objectively correct any practice of the church which is not in line with Scriptures.

Over time the church has preached against the tradition of men and legalism and have made remarkable moves in pointing people to know the bible and know God for themselves.

While acknowledging some infiltrators (as with every other place)I have also found among them some of the finest Christians and men and women of integrity and righteousness and faith, serving God in spirit and truth.

I think we must be more thoughtful in our assessment and comment as we will answer for everything we say or do.
People who love God to the extent of not compromising with the dying and falling world standard and standing out to be different as indicated in Romans 12:1,2 should be encouraged.

To the best of my knowledge,countless lives who attend their programs have been transformed positively. Armed robbers, humanizers, Chain smokers, prostitutes, drunkards, the down trodden, the rich, the poor and so on have been transformed by Christ and turned a new live noticeable to their previous acquaintance. Or do we talk about the countless Lives God has graciously healed from ailments such as: HIV, Cancer, Barrenness, Blindness, Lameness, deafness,cripple etc.

If we take time to understand the Fad and Jagons that have entered many churches and assemblies today you'll almost weep. Churches no longer stand for anything but rather falls for everything the world presents.

The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be different from the fallen world systems and standard.
If you are sure that as a christian you can defend your present actions before God when you meet Him at the end of life fine. Otherwise you can run to Christ by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and receive the grace to live for Him Ephesians 2:8 ).
The true mark of being a Christian is that your life is transformed by the grace of God which brings a clear difference between your conduct and the world. If this is not the case with you, it is not late to make amends by coming to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy(Hebrew 4:12) before it becomes late.

Love you all...

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mee234:
Legalism is not the problem but you attitude. I know enough to understand that Christianity is not acceptance of rules or conformation to certain principles but the procession of certain spirit and the ability to live a certain life. It is this certain spirit and the live that comes with it is what I have not seen in your posts. Open I thread let us talk about fallen away. Let us reason the scriptures together not debate.

Frosbel got another doctrine...another spirit. cheesy Since he has refused to answer the church-question thrown at him... I really would love to know his favourite Pastor/Preacher...because he has something against most Pentecostal pastors, already and not only DL.

Oga dinma..
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
OlowoTee:

Frosbel got another doctrine...another spirit. cheesy Since he has refused to answer the church-question thrown at him... I really would love to know his favourite Pastor/Preacher...because he has something against most Pentecostal pastors, already and not only DL.

Oga dinma..

I have no favourite pastor or preacher, I follow the word of God , period.

Why do you people worship MEN ?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chinwem:

Are you waiting for John and Love's dad to apologize to you and Nairaland........... Ssssssssshior!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
Bible doctrines of the Dclm a.k.a Deeper Life pls go to:
www.deeperlife.ca/bibledoctrines
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chi59: Bible doctrines of the Dclm a.k.a Deeper Life pls go to:
www.deeperlife.ca/bibledoctrines

We need bible doctrines not deeperlife doctrine.

Are you 100% sure that all the deeperlife doctrines are correct ? if yes, what about the doctrines of the other 39999 denominations out their, are there doctrines also bible doctrines and 100% accurate ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Boomark(m): 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee: GBAMMMEST....

Mee234 disappointed me. I thought he would have answered your question after posing as a DL and know that they teach bible truth.

I just wanted to know why the pastors are angry. Did their children go against Christ commandments or that of men. This is the problem we are having: The children of God being disciplined in the church because of the commandments of men. This is the bondage from which we are set free through Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
babyosisi: Why can't you deeper life folks allow this couple some peace Let them enjoy their honeymoon
What kind of rubbish is this? There is no Christianity in this thing you folks are doing
They have nothing to apologize for They have not offended God[/b]I hope they decide to leave deeper life and serve God in Spirit and in truth rather than bowing to the traditions of men

Babyo: Why can't you leave Deeperlife and its children and mind your business. And if you need membership in your new place go to Oshodi and Yaba instead of preaching your rebellion to John and Love who are children in the house, and suddenly now are you mad because they apologized to the Church family? Since you are a baby this is matured adult business

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
Boomark:

Mee234 disappointed me. I thought he would have answered your question after posing as a DL and know that they teach bible truth.

I just wanted to know why the pastors are angry. Did their children go against Christ commandments or that of men. This is the problem we are having: The children of God being disciplined in the church because of the commandments of men. This is the bondage from which we are set free through Christ.

I am in the same shoe also waiting for answers

Why should a beautiful modestly dressed bride be castigated as an errant child
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Boomark:

Mee234 disappointed me. I thought he would have answered your question after posing as a DL and know that they teach bible truth. I just wanted to know why the pastors are angry. Did their children go against Christ commandments or that of men. This is the problem we are having: The children of God being disciplined in the church because of the commandments of men. This is the bondage from which we are set free through Christ.

Enjoy your freedom. I am in Deeperlife and very happy too, oh we just finished a celebration program and getting ready for another. Join us if you can on 3rd weekend of July and our God will do you good

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
From deeper life church itself http://www.deeperlife.ca/bibledoctrines/

On the Marriage tab

Excepts

From the parables and actual marriages in the Scripture, weddings were moments of rejoicing and feastings (Jeremiah 33:11; John 2:1-11; 3:29; Isaiah 62:5) and special garments were provided for the bridegroom, bride, and guests at the wedding (Matthew 22:12; Revelation 19:7,cool.

Yet, Christian practice must be guided by the uniform teaching of Christian living in the New Testament (I Corinthians 7:29- 31; 6:12; 8:9,13; Romans 14:15; I John 2:6; 3:2-4). The believers therefore must shun every form of worldliness and worldly imitations in dressing and in the manner of entertaining guests. Simplicity and modesty must characterise the wedding in order that God’s name may be glorified.

So is the modest white wedding gown Love wore a worldly imitation undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
The full marriage doctrine on deeperlife website

Marriage

God’s Word teaches;

That Marriage is binding for life. Monogamy is the uniform teaching of the Bible. Polygamy is contrary to God’s perfect will and institution. Also, under the New Testament dispensation, no one has a right to divorce and remarry while the first companion lives. When a person becomes con- verted, necessary restitution, on this line, must be done without delay if he has married wrongly. Genesis 2:24; Deuteronomy 7:1-4; Job 23:11-13; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; Proverbs 31:10-31; Malachi 2:14,15; Romans 7:2,3; Ephesians 5:31-33; Matthew 5;31,32; 19:3-9; Mark 10:2-12; Luke 16:18; John 4:15-19; Genesis 20:3-7.

Marriage is a holy union, a living symbol, a precious relationship that needs tender self-sacrificing care. It is God’s idea and not a derivative of any culture. It is a gift from God to man and it has three basic aspects: (i) The man leaves his parents, and in a public act, pledges himself to his wife; (ii) The man and woman are joined together by taking responsibility for each other’s welfare and by loving the partner above all others; (iii) The two become one flesh in the intimacy and commitment to the wonderful union which is reserved for marriage. By so doing, marriage provides the needed fellowship, comfort, companionship and partnership. It is one of God’s methods to keep men and women free from fornication and immorality. With very few exceptions, most men and women are to marry. These few exceptions are to receive God’s guidance and are not to be the product of infantile decisions, misguided imitations, faithless consecration or frivolous religious compassion (Genesis 2:18-20, 22-24; Matthew 19:4,5; Ephesians 5:31; I Corinthians 7:1,2,25-29,32).

Marriage is part of God’s plan to raise the Christian family. But the believer is not to go searching for a wife or husband, neither are they to resort to the abominable method of ‘sampling’ or ‘picking and choosing’. And the Lord God, said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him ” (Genesis 2:18). God seems to be saying, “ I am not going to allow the man to choose for himself”. “And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman and brought her unto him ” (Genesis 2:22). God did not bring a girl, an immature female or a teenager, but He brought a woman - (intelligible, sensible and mature) unto the man. He brought a perfect fit - two of a kind! God still leads His children to His will in marriage today. He does this through (i) His Word (Psalm 119:105,130; 2 Timothy 3:16,17), (ii) the inner voice of the Holy Spirit, prompting, directing, influencing or checking (John 10:4,5,27; Romans 8:14; Proverbs 20:27; I Samuel 9:15-21; 16:12,13; Joel 2:28,29; Acts 9:10-15). However, any revelation that is received must be diligently compared with the Scripture. If any revelation, visions or dreams contradict the Scripture in anyway, such revelations, visions or dreams are to be rejected as false (Isaiah 8:19,20; Jeremiah 23:21-32; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; Revelation 22:18,19). Once the will of God is known, believers are to seek and obtain their parents’ consent before going on with any further plans (Genesis 24:15-29; 34:3-12; Exodus 22:16; Deuteronomy 7:3; I Samuel 18:20,21; I Corinthians 7:36-38 ).

It is ungodly for any believer to elope with a woman or man no matter the divergent and unyielding stance of their parents (Genesis 31:20-51). People in such a situation must pray and trust in the Lord who gave the revelation of His will, to finish the work, for “ with God all things are possible ” (Mark 10:27; Psalm 37:4; Philippians 4:6; Proverbs 21:1). Thereafter, payment of bride price or dowry shall be executed in line with the Scripture. It is an ungodly practice to borrow money or go into debt to impress the woman’s parents or invitees. It is also considered sinful for two people to live together without meeting the requisite obligations to their parents (Exodus 22:17; I Samuel 18:25-27; Hosea 3:2,3; 1 Corinthians 14:40; Romans 13:7,cool. The parents’ consent will lead, naturally, to a period of courtship to be determined by the church leadership but preferably not longer than nine months. This affords the intending couple the opportunity to understand each another and plan for the future together. It is a time to be spent together not in secrecy but in the home of a Christian family where movement of people is not restricted. It is during courtship that the intending couple will discuss their expectations of each other (on finances, size of family anticipated, extended family, etc). Purity must be maintained before, during and after the courtship (I Thessalonians 4:3-7; 5:22). Visitations and exchange of gifts at this stage are not acceptable, before the wedding. The Christian wedding is preceded by ‘filing in of notice’ at the Marriage Registry. This is to enable the public inform the Magistrate should there be any objection to the proposed marriage. The church wedding will take place after the Pastor had received a certificate from the magistrate.

The church will not join a couple in marriage where (i) one of them had been previously married and is separated from his or her partner (Matthew 19:4-6; John 4:18 ); (ii) the lady has not obtained the consent of her parents; (iii) the lady is already pregnant (iv) the couple is in unequal yoke - one of them is not born again (Deuteronomy 7:3; 2 Corinthians 6:14).

Therefore, no believer will marry an unbeliever or a divorced person. Moreover, God’s word forbids the believer marrying “any that is a near of kin”, that is “a relative ” (Leviticus 18:6). Marrying relatives was prohibited by God for physical, social, and moral reasons. Children born to near relatives may experience serious health problems. When improper sexual relations begin, family life is destroyed. “ For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled ...” (Leviticus 18:27).

From the parables and actual marriages in the Scripture, weddings were moments of rejoicing and feastings (Jeremiah 33:11; John 2:1-11; 3:29; Isaiah 62:5) and special garments were provided for the bridegroom, bride, and guests at the wedding (Matthew 22:12; Revelation 19:7,8 ). Yet, Christian practice must be guided by the uniform teaching of Christian living in the New Testament (I Corinthians 7:29- 31; 6:12; 8:9,13; Romans 14:15; I John 2:6; 3:2-4). The believers therefore must shun every form of worldliness and worldly imitations in dressing and in the manner of entertaining guests. Simplicity and modesty must characterise the wedding in order that God’s name may be glorified.

The first step in creating a new union with one’s spouse is the dissolving of the old one: a severence of relationship with one’s parents (Genesis 2:23,24; Ephesians 5:30,31). He is to ‘leave father and mother’, which means departing, loosing oneself, finding freedom from them. Many who have violated this scriptural principle have discovered to their chargrin a hurt to their marital joy. Marriage is “until death do us part”, and God did not make any provisions for divorce or re-marriage.

In marriage, lack of spiritual, emotional, and intellectual intimacy usually precedes a break down of physical intimacy. When couples fail to expose their secret thoughts to one another, they shut off the line of communication to one another. The great secret of conjugal happiness is mutual love, kindness, tenderness and loveliness of character in the home. The wife should respect and obey the husband and the husband should love and care for the wife (Ephesians 5:22-31). “Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands as unto the Lord ...” Submission is not the obliteration or nullification of the woman’s personality. It is neither subjugation nor an imposed obedience. Submission is a voluntary subordination. It is obedience motivated by love (Philippians 2:5-8 ). “Likewise, ye wives be in subjection to your own husbands ...” (I Peter 3:1-6). Such a life speaks loudly and clearly, and is often the most effective way to influence a family member. Christian wives should develop inner beauty rather than being overly concerned about their appearance. When the wife lives the Christian faith quietly and consistently in the home, her family would see Christ in her.

“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it ... So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife, loveth himself ” (Ephesians 5:25,28 ). Christ is the model of love. The husband can never love his wife too much; yet, that love is inconsequential when compared to his love for the Lord. The husband’s love makes him to be considerate, understanding and is able to bear with his wife.

The husband is also the head of the family. This headship has the idea of authority, an authority after the analogy of Christ’s headship. In that sense, the husband is the spiritual head of the family and his wife goes along with his leadership. A wise and Christ-honouring husband will not take advantage of his role, and a wise and Christ-honouring wife will not try to undermine her husband’s leadership.

“Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband ” (Ephesians 5:33).
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by kefmawin: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).
It is understandable that their understanding of the christian church has been clouded by the advent of the Pseudo churches, modern day permissive groups and deviating organizations struggling to catch up with the so called worldly trends and fashion which will fade away(1John 2:15).

I will not encourage people to pride themselves with any denomination as it is only JESUS that saves.
But the truth must be told. From honest and unbiased assessment, you will realize that the Deeper Life church is one of the few places where they stand for the truth and follow the scriptures to the later without fear or favour.

Your money or any talent you have mean nothing to the church as long as your lifestyle or conduct does not conform to God's word.
Even though a lot of people would disagree with them on certain areas, it is worthy of note that every view and position the church takes is solely based on their sincere understanding of Scriptures as this is read and studied from cover to cover.

Many comments depict gross Ignorance and exaggeration of what they stand for. I have known the Church for over two decades and heard hundreds of pastor Kumuyi's messages,I have seen His simplicity, integrity and willingness to objectively correct any practice of the church which is not in line with Scriptures.

Over time the church has preached against the tradition of men and legalism and have made remarkable moves in pointing people to know the bible and know God for themselves.

While acknowledging some infiltrators (as with every other place)I have also found among them some of the finest Christians and men and women of integrity and righteousness and faith, serving God in spirit and truth.

I think we must be more thoughtful in our assessment and comment as we will answer for everything we say or do.
People who love God to the extent of not compromising with the dying and falling world standard and standing out to be different as indicated in Romans 12:1,2 should be encouraged.

To the best of my knowledge,countless lives who attend their programs have been transformed positively. Armed robbers, humanizers, Chain smokers, prostitutes, drunkards, the down trodden, the rich, the poor and so on have been transformed by Christ and turned a new live noticeable to their previous acquaintance. Or do we talk about the countless Lives God has graciously healed from ailments such as: HIV, Cancer, Barrenness, Blindness, Lameness, deafness,cripple etc.

If we take time to understand the Fad and Jagons that have entered many churches and assemblies today you'll almost weep. Churches no longer stand for anything but rather falls for everything the world presents.

The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be different from the fallen world systems and standard.
If you are sure that as a christian you can defend your present actions before God when you meet Him at the end of life fine. Otherwise you can run to Christ by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and receive the grace to live for Him Ephesians 2:8 ).
The true mark of being a Christian is that your life is transformed by the grace of God which brings a clear difference between your conduct and the world. If this is not the case with you, it is not late to make amends by coming to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy(Hebrew 4:12) before it becomes late.

Love you all...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee:

I am in the same shoe also waiting for answers. Why should a beautiful modestly dressed bride be castigated as an errant child

Sorry its Deeprlife business and Deeperlife children. We do not owe you any answer and nothing coming on the way, so don't wait for too long. We rebuke our children, the plague is stayed, the Church of Christ is moving on and the couple too

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

I have no favourite pastor or preacher, I follow the word of God , period.

Why do you people worship MEN ?
No, it's not hero-worshipping. At least as students, we do have favourite teachers for obvious reasons, right? And, does that make us hero-worship them? NO. smiley
Having favourite Preachers and teachers isn't sinful. It only shows how much you embrace their pattern of teaching... And, this does not make you follow God's Word, less.

Your stances on 'Christianity' is so complicated and grossly misleading...
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Boomark(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Enjoy your freedom. I am in Deeperlife and very happy too, oh we just finished a celebration program and getting ready for another. Join us if you can on 3rd weekend of July and our God will do you good

Can't you answer the question? Did they sin against God or men and why are the pastors angry?

If you want me to join you, then you should at least address these issue for me to know am coming to the right place.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
Helloooo

A plague is the result of wearing a wedding dress?!
shockedshocked

And they say this is not a denomination ruled by fear and legalism

Deeper_danNY:

Sorry its Deeprlife business and Deeperlife children. We do not owe you any answer and nothing coming on the way, so don't wait for too long. We rebuke our children, the plague is stayed, the Church of Christ is moving on and the couple too
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
Boomark:

Posing as a DL? If that's what you got from my discussion with him sorry. Bros, there is nothing wrong with their apology as they went clearly against the rule of an organisation they subscribe to. For you other queries ask a DL leader. I think ola is one. Knowing DL leaders, I doubt he will indulge u. This matter is non issue as it nothing to do with salvation by grace. It only u ppl who decided to make issue out this.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
OlowoTee:

No, it's not hero-worshipping. At least as students, we do have favourite teachers for obvious reasons, right? And, does that make us hero-worship them? NO. smiley
Having favourite Preachers and teachers isn't sinful. It only shows how much you embrace their pattern of teaching... And, this does not make you follow God's Word, less.

Your stances on 'Christianity' is so complicated and grossly misleading...

Do you agree with me that following ONE MAN and his teachings without question is idolatry ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Show us your true colors , your allegiance is to deeper life and you create divisions in the body of Christ by segregating yourselves from other believers with a holier than thou attitude which is in reality legalism.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
kefmawin: It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).

Love you all...
thanks for reasonable comment.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by kefmawin: 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
I think this issue has been over dragged.It is useless trying to explain things to people who just enjoy arguments. Some of the comments earlier made suppose to have ended this discussion but it is obvious there is poor reading and comprehension ability here.

Please lets honestly ask ourselves the purpose of all our actions. Is it to please the so called celebrities of this world, or to please men or Christ. God knows it all and cannot be mistaken in His judgement.

If what you do or put on is motivated by the pride of life or worldly shows and standards, then you become a cheap copycat and not a follower of Christ. Lets check up with our history from 1st century, you'll realize that there has been a remarkable contrast between the true christian and the world.

It is just in just in the past few decades that the gap is beginning to close up. I think the one who has a heart for should weep and cry against his perversion that is fast sweeping into the body of Christ.

Enough of this endless argument and vain jangling. Let us observe strictly what God's word says in Philippians 4:5,8 and let our life and conduct be patterned in order.

Thanks once again....

kefmawin: It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).

Love you all...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:
Show us your true colors , your allegiance is to deeper life and you create divisions in the body of Christ by segregating yourselves from other believers with a holier than thou attitude which is in reality legalism.

OK, great and best of luck. I belong to Deeper Christian Life ministry what about you?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
@ Mod, thanks for removing this thread from frontpage. weldone

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ijay4sure(f): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
Please ask them again o
Lordave: where's the apology?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

Pastor Shaibu Butchered To Death By Muslim Youths In Masu, Kano (Graphic Photos) / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.