Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? (17680 Views)

Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by amnestylaw1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
For me, I have never had to hide my Nigerian passport. Infact it seems nobody here in my part of Europe cares. They will look at you suspiciously anyway because you are black.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
If i no flunt am na which one i go flaunt. If you are scared of showing your passport they will make it harder for you but if you brought it out and flaunt it like tomorrow no dey dem go park well. Moreover i have never been harassed due to my Nigerian passport and never will and it also depends on ow you package yourself
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by damiso(f): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
Neither flaunt or hide.Its a passport I.e document that you use for travelling.That said I am the only who still uses a Nigerian passport in my house (keep procrastinating on doing my naturalisation.am just not bothered except dem go give me 1M pounds with the red kpali undecided) but my hubby is on my case that its embarrasing and annoying for them to have cleared immigration and customs and still be waiting for me. cheesy :DThese waits are like 40 mins to 1 hr.They have said no more travelling with me if I dont do my red passport.

THAT is the only reason I would get my naturalisation done.If not am not fussed.I can do most things with my ILR anyway undecided
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by airzzee(m): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
Are we not the people causing disrespect and manhandling for ourselves?
We need to change. Honestly, I get angry at what many of us do outside here.
What else do we expect from the international community?

Anyway, OP, I do not hide my Naija Ppt. I flaunt it.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
I think only GEJ and Dame will flaunt Nigeria PP. I dont think any Nigerian especially young men below 40 will ever try it.
Green passport is scary, Nigeria = green, Pakistan = green. all high risk country.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
PDPwayoo: I think only GEJ and Dame will flaunt Nigeria PP. I dont think any Nigerian especially young men below 40 will ever try it.
Green passport is scary, Nigeria = green, Pakistan = green. all high risk country.
Lol @green
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
damiso: Neither flaunt or hide.Its a passport I.e document that you use for travelling.That said I am the only who still uses a Nigerian passport in my house (keep procrastinating on doing my naturalisation.am just not bothered except dem go give me 1M pounds with the red kpali undecided) but my hubby is on my case that its embarrasing and annoying for them to have cleared immigration and customs and still be waiting for me. cheesy :DThese waits are like 40 mins to 1 hr.They have said no more travelling with me if I dont do my red passport.

THAT is the only reason I would get my naturalisation done.If not am not fussed.I can do most things with my ILR anyway undecided

That

You enjoying torturing your family 45mins -1 hour wait? grin What happens when yous are traveling to other developed countries??I know the red passport carriers are eligible for the visa waiver program in some countries, so what happens with you? You apply for visa ? I did that a few times until hubby got mad
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by cold(m): 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
I've never had cause to hide my passport neither do i flaunt it unnecessarily. To what purpose? I present it only when i have to & let my grammar whilst flashing a set of pearly whites do the rest
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by back2sender: 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
for those complaining about the nigeria passport shame on u all. y una no stay nija and make the needed impact?youn guys preach all form of holiness and na una bad/spoilt pass. when i travel to france on training last year i carry my passport and at the immigration point the officer was doing one kind and i ask am sey mister is anytin the problem/ cant you read my information that iam hear for training sponsored by a fortune 500 coy ? and the trainer's atre one of the reputabe firms in france? i give am my mind people come dey stare at us, nobody tell the guy before he allow me tru sharp sharp.

na people wen no get anytin serious to do there na go dey fear

Nija for life

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
PDPwayoo: I think only GEJ and Dame will flaunt Nigeria PP. I dont think any Nigerian especially young men below 40 will ever try it.
you forgot Saudi Arabia
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by lekkie073(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
what is there to flaunt in a passport be it green or blue or yellow as the case may be? angry inferiority complex at its peak....

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
Is like u are having stress right? Go drink one bottle of beer so ur head can cool down. What has ur pp. got to do with GEJ. Did u mean @ 40 someone is still young?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Godson201333(m): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
Show waiting ,I dey always hide am ni ooo.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
Enemies of progress. All them people talking about flaunting their green passport are only saying it cos they are nowhere near acquiring foreign passports grin na today
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry: Enemies of progress. All them people talking about flaunting their green passport are only saying it cos they are nowhere near acquiring foreign passports grin na today
Since when did having a foreign passport become an achievement in life?

11 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Since when did having a foreign passport, become an achievement in life?

And you wonder why people fail JAMB and WAEC? How does your question relate to my post in anyway?

I will answer you tough, it shows that a developed country have found you worthy enough to represent them not minding your color, nationality or the Terrible country you come from.

Obama's citizenship made way for him cool
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

You enjoying torturing your family 45mins -1 hour wait? grin What happens when yous are traveling to other developed countries??I know the red passport carriers are eligible for the visa waiver program in some countries, so what happens with you? You apply for visa ? I did that a few times until hubby got mad

JK shocked

Hmmnn, all the she-nairalanders I thought were single
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by akinalabi(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
I flaunt mine all the time. Is there a reason not to flaunt it?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

And you wonder why people fail JAMB and WAEC? How does your question relate to my post in anyway?

I will answer you tough, it shows that a developed country have found you worthy enough to represent them not minding your color, nationality or the Terrible country you come from.

Again I ask, how is that an achievement?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/05/03/uk-italy-minister-racism-idUKBRE9420P620130503

First black woman to be a minister in Italy, she made news and re-wrrote history. A Congolese and Italian citizen. Her foreign citizenship gave her ^^^^^ that

We have the likes of @callotti, traveling from one country to the other and not stressing. cool

Make I hear word, how many Nigerian citizens can go into politics? Nansense cool
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
Jarus:

JK shocked

Hmmnn, all the she-nairalanders I thought were single

Single ke? Old woman like me grin
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Again I ask, how is that an achievement?

It is well, it is well

With your soul, with your soul

It is well, it is well with your soul

#sing on#
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by akinalabi(m): 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Ileke this is serious matter o. An experience with customs whilst traveling on your Nigerian passport is the best teacher. Just travel to Ekiti with your Nigerian passport and tell me your experience the minute you land JFK.

I have this feeling they have stored the color of our passport in their heads, when you are walking up to them with your green passport, the way they squeeze their faces will make you wanno turn back, but fly with your foreign passport and watch them start shining their 21 teeth from 5 miles away

Most of it is in your mind. Answer the questions they ask and move on.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
akinalabi:

Most of it is in your mind. Answer the questions they ask and move on.
Is this the legendary Akin Alabi I know or another one?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by akinalabi(m): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Jarus: Indifferent.

But it appears those airport/immigration officers see Nigerian passport with special interest//attraction. Was in Amsterdam early May en route Edinburgh, when one Dutch officer, on sighting my passport, retorted: "people that carry this passport normally transit in early flights, your people have passed, how come you're just going with afternoon connection" (words to that effect), meaning he took special interest in Nigerian passport.

And you answered the question and moved on i'm sure. That's the spirit.

Looks like some people here have already developed a complex and just because they got asked a few questions. They hide their passports because of that.

Shame.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by lekkie073(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

and dangote's citizenship also made way for him. shocked

4 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by akinalabi(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Is this the legendary Akin Alabi I know or another one?

Which one be legendary again?

Oga, no derail thread o.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/05/03/uk-italy-minister-racism-idUKBRE9420P620130503

First black woman to be a minister in Italy, she made news and re-wrrote history. A Congolese and Italian citizen. Her foreign citizenship gave her ^^^^^ that

We have the likes of @callotti, traveling from one country to the other and not stressing. cool

Make I hear word, how many Nigerian citizens can go into politics? Nansense cool
Did you read the article in that link you posted at all?
Since then, she has been the subject of taunts on far-right websites, which have branded her with names such as "Congolese monkey", "Zulu" and "the black anti-Italian". She also faced race-tinged insults from Mario Borghezio, a European parliament member of the pro-devolution Northern League, which has been allied in the past with former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. In reference to Kyenge, Borghezio called Letta's
coalition a "bonga bonga government" - a play on
you too are not exempted from those insults as long as your skin remians black, foreign passport or not.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by bellong: 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
The only airport I ever faced problem is Murtala International Airport. We are the problem of ourselves.

I am yet to see that country that will ridicule me because of my green P. No need of hiding it

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Did you read the article in that link you posted at all?
you too are not exempted from those insults as long as your skin remians black, foreign passport or not.

Yes I read the article. Of course I am not exempted from the insults, why should I be? Even OBAMA saw hell and is still seeing hell but it didn't stop him from coming back for second term or stopped him from being the president of the "worlds number one country".

I have my Yoruba brothers hating on igbos and vice versa, I have boko haram killing innocent Christians cos they refused to convert to Islam. How many of us have made mockery of our president GEJ? Woke Soyinka and late Achebe (icons) also had issues with each other

So even Nigerians are not safe in Nigeria cool

Yes a black woman made a minister in Italy, she was chosen by the Italians in Italy seeing that she is the first black ever. They will always be people who hate and people who encourage, appreciate, and are grateful for the foreign talents they are blessed with

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Four Nigerians In Arrested Jakarta Over Proper Stay Permits / 5 Types Of Crowd You Will Find In Lagos / You Can't Use Riders Permit As Your Drivers License - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.