Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? (17678 Views)

Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by BUSHMAN1: 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
Chinom: I'm actually embarassed to show to any other passport that is not Green. I tend to hide my Red passport as a matter of fact. But the guy that said "the your passport colour does not matter if you fly First class" hit the nail on the head.
It's not the passport, but the person carrying it that matters.
Those immigration officers look at you first b4 deciding what to do with your Kpali.
GBAM! infact i ve always travelled with my green passport even though i have a red one, i am a nigerian! not a criminal! if the immiga officer dont like it that is his own PALAVER!,for people who flaunt their red or blue passport and hide their naija P, dont forget, it says COUNTRY OF BIRTH? NIGERIA! thus makes no different, it can still be taken away from you as it is still THE PROPERTY OF HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN! or OBAMAS PROPERTY!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
BUSH MAN: GBAM! infact i ve always travelled with my green passport even though i have a red one, i am a nigerian! not a criminal! if the immiga officer dont like it that is his own PALAVER!,for people who flaunt their red or blue passport and hide their naija P, dont forget, it says COUNTRY OF BIRTH? NIGERIA! thus makes no different, it can still be taken away from you as it is still THE PROPERTY OF HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN! or OBAMAS PROPERTY!

To add to what you've said, the govt can also revoke someone's citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by BUSHMAN1: 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
i ve never had to hide my naija passport, infact i enjoy all that squabble with the onyibo immigrations, knowing that in the end they would just let me walk anyway, i like the whole attention, makes me a true nigerian
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by BUSHMAN1: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
CFCfan:

To add to what you've said, the govt can also revoke someone's citizenship.
exatly my point, i bet some people with citizenship are ignorant of this fact

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by tpia5: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
wayodude: Some people love this thread because it allows them to tell the world they have dual nationality. I personally can tell when they have only recently got this status by their comments. lol

All join sha cheesy

more like some people are fishing for those with dual nationality.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by tpia5: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
tunwe: My passports resides in my breast pocket. I do not hold it on my hands becos usually I have some other valuables tucked in the sleeves. I am not conscious of them at all. I put them where I think is safe. That is the inner pockets of my coat. I have never been embarassed , intimidated nor received undue extra scrutiny becos of my green pp. There was one occation I arrived at George Bush international airport from Frankfurt germany with luftansa. On arrival ,as usual people filed into the lines. The line for visitors, non citizens etc were very long.But the ones for citizens was very short , less than ten people. As usual my passports were inside my pockets. And was wearing native bowber and sokoto, with wooley turtle neck warmer underit. So I filed on the short line for US citizens. Behold, this attending immigration officer at the counter shouted "this is for US citizens only". I ignored him, pretending I didn't hear him. He repeated the same expletive words twice looking directly;toward my direction.At this time , there were about four to five people behind me. So I looked back to none verbally indicate to the people behind me , if the officer is talking to them. The officer was ticked, I could see him getting red in the face, visablely boiling and spoiling for a fight. I just maintained my calm and paid him no mind. When I got to the counter I put my hand in sokoto pocket and tendered my US passport. He was embarassed. I asked him what made him think I can't read?

your agbada perhaps.

you forgot to mention if the person taking offence was black or white.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by tunwe(m): 1:16am On Jul 03, 2013
^^^ He was a white man. I suspect a red-neck Texan to booth. The signs were conspicously displayed at the beginning of the lines, stating whom the queues were meant to serve. Seeing me in my africa outfit, he profiled , I must have missed road. Granted this was early 2002. A few months after the 9/11 incident. The borders were tightly on edge. No, I wasn't wearing the agbada, I bet he would have called sargent marcgraw the dog to sniff me for a possible suicide bomb.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 03, 2013
tunwe: ^^^ He was a white man. I suspect a red-neck Texan to booth. The signs were conspicously displaced at the beginning of the lines, stating whom the ques were meant to serve. Seeing me in my africa outfit, he profiled , I must have missed road. Granted this was early 2002. A few months after the 9/11 incident. The borders were tightly on edge. No, I wasn't wearing the agbada, I bet he would have called sargent marcgraw the dog to sniff me for a possible suscide bomb.

Some of those Texans/Southerners can be really ignorant at times. angry
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 03, 2013
CFCfan:

Some of those Texans/Southerners can be really ignorant at times. angry

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by lastpage: 7:37am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Lol@last Page's post. It got me rotfl
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by MMotimo: 5:40am On Jul 06, 2013
@ Post

Regardless of the passport(s) I have, it's kept out of sight until needed for scrutiny.

Passport(s) are presented, only as at when due on a need-to-see basis only.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
360command: . Here is another flaunt-er !!!
follow me ask what is European passport
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by eurozone1(m): 8:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Lol, funny but reality of what Nigerians do and what many go through just in the name of acquiring a foreign passport.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by OhMyGawd: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2015
A confident and accomplished man will flaunt even a black passport. Hiding your passport is equal to low self esteem in my opinion.

Why spend your hard-earned money on flight, accommodation, etc to visit/travel to another country then end up hiding your passport because of its colour?

Blue, Red, Green passport holders all pay air fare nah!
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by STAMPandSEAL: 9:39am On Aug 10, 2015
feed me more!
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by eurozone1(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2015
That's exactly the opposite of what Nigerians believe. Go to the UK and see how gaining a British passport is now the order of day. Everyone seem to be willing to con, lie, cheat just for the sole purpose of acquiring the so called red passport. Make a decent life for yourself, dress smart, speak coherently with a smile when stopped or going through immigration, nobody will care what passport you flaunt.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Ianmaduka(m): 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2018
i ve closed my green passport with a red cover right from day one.i don't dare show off it

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Four Nigerians In Arrested Jakarta Over Proper Stay Permits / 5 Types Of Crowd You Will Find In Lagos / You Can't Use Riders Permit As Your Drivers License - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.