Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? (17682 Views)

Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
The colour of your passport doesn't make any difference when you fly FIRST CLASS. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by GooseBaba: 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
A-town:
I think YOU are the only one that determines how you are treated. Blue or Green, e no matter

Spot on..! I remember back in 03 when traveling via air France, connecting flight to Yankee. I had on a gold necklace with a large diamond crucifix and a gold wristwatch. Mind you I was in my early twenties and a JJC. The fool started asking me 1001 question about my immigration status, while other people were cleared to board. The bastard was still grilling me until I heard my name on the speaker.

I lost all appetite to eat during the flight. So I turned down the meals. Then I noticed the hostess kept offering me meals, drinks, and muffins, things I did not ask for. So in my konji mind I thought she wanted my general to participate in her battle field. For some reason I saw her and another hostess pointing at me and taking notes. This one don pass be-careful. So I check myself and I noticed I was dressed like a pim.mp, not eating made me look like a mule. Sharp sharp I begin order hot tea, muffins and more hot tea.

This incident changed how I dress when I travel. Since then I have been waiting for the next over-zealous bastard that will try any nonsense. My green passport stays in my shirt pocket and I flash it with command. I dey kampe!!! No shankins!
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Diasporan(m): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
What is all this fuse about Flaunting passport or not?Successful people don't give a damn about such its only broke ass people that make such inferiority complex becloud them.So who don't have a Foreign passport is now regarded as an outcast?Nonsense.What have those bragging here done in their home town?Some peeps abroad even borrow money whenever they want to come back home for a visit and yet they have foreign passport. cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
"All passports are created equal" grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by GooseBaba: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
some-girl:
The only other people who'd recognize a Nigerian passport apart from fellow Nigerian travellers would be immigration officers, who you'd have to present to the passport to anyways.

Hiding has nothing to do with being embarrassed by state of Nigeria. The ones who flaunt foreign passports do so for the benefit of other Nigerians (show off) and the ones who hide Nigerian passports suffer from inferiority complex.

GBAMEST...!!!!
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by GooseBaba: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
deeptesting: Hide my passport for what? What is my business with the smile or sh****t on the face of the immigration officers? I am a Nigerian simple and holds a green passport.I think kids have over taken NL....Like some one mentioned here it's inferiority complex that will make you hide your passport and flaunting your blue,red, gold or violet or whatever is just a show off,normal Nigerian mentality..

Another GBAM..

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
Diasporan: What is all this fuse about Flaunting passport or not?Successful people don't give a damn about such its only broke ass people that make such inferiority complex becloud them.So who don't have a Foreign passport is now regarded as an outcast?Nonsense.What have those bragging here done in their home town?Some peeps abroad even borrow money whenever they want to come back home for a visit and yet they have foreign passport.Nonsense

Diasporan, your comment deserves 20 likes.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by tellwisdom: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
Fooliish people...I fly first class, so i don't get to queue with brokeass american or brazil passports..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by mufutau55(m): 11:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
We are too paranoid. Nigeria is not the only country with green passport. Unless you are very close to someone, they will not which country the passport belongs to. I carry three passports at a time.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by MrCork: 12:13am On Jul 02, 2013
..well I have British, Nigerian and american passport & i dont need to show off..I hate the Nigerian Passport though..can stand it angry
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by moonraker(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2013
Erm first things first, i never knew that passports were meant to be flaunted?? angry shocked

Its all in the mind!!! Just dont look like an Osama Bin Laden lookalike
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Princek12(m): 12:28am On Jul 02, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
..well I have British, Nigerian and american passport & i dont need to show off..I hate the Nigerian Passport though..can stand it angry
liar.

How can you have a British and American passport? The last time I checked you have to give up one for the other.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by powerblaze(m): 12:31am On Jul 02, 2013
Saw this thread rather late.. U guys no try at all! Jenny outwitted yal without a struggle! Wish I was here early, I'd give her a much stiffer tackle, not cos I think she's wrong(And she is!), but I enjoy a free for all!

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by 99cent: 12:43am On Jul 02, 2013
why would anyone flaunt a passport. i keep my passport safe and stored away n only bring it out when needed.
I've never seen anyone walking around flaunting a passport. that will be silly. Nigerian passport of all things.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by supaeagles(m): 12:52am On Jul 02, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
Princek12: liar.How can you have a British and American passport? The last time I checked you have to give up one for the other.
Well the Nigerian one is valid, while the British and American one you can purchase from corner store in Alaba international market ... fresh fresh !!.... in fact I am going there tomorrow to get my own China passport because very soon na Chinsese passport go pass every country passport... smiley
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by 2legit2qwt: 12:59am On Jul 02, 2013
Diasporan: What is all this fuse about Flaunting passport or not?Successful people don't give a damn about such its only broke ass people that make such inferiority complex becloud them.So who don't have a Foreign passport is now regarded as an outcast?Nonsense.What have those bragging here done in their home town?Some peeps abroad even borrow money whenever they want to come back home for a visit and yet they have foreign passport. cool cool
i give this comment CFCfan's famous 1000 likes

@post
Flaunt like it's a gold chain? It's a fukin document. How about i ask, do you flaunt your driver's licence? tongue grin
As a matter of fact, I wish there was a way i could get to my destination without flying, like teleporting, i'd be the first to invest in that grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Rhea(f): 1:55am On Jul 02, 2013
[size=20pt]I hide my passport from fellow nigerian passengers who may set me up for kidnapping as soon as we enter naija.[/size]
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Princek12(m): 2:08am On Jul 02, 2013
Rhea: [size=20pt]I hide my passport from fellow nigerian passengers who may set me up for kidnapping as soon as we enter naija.[/size]

so u hide your green pali from fellow nigerians
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by thoth: 3:08am On Jul 02, 2013
I will never use a Nigerian passport for anything. my junior brother got his Pan-African craziness cured when the he almost missed his flight in MMA, they just kept harassing him, and asking him his hotel booking in France, how much he was traveling with, blah blah blah, when he told them he was actually born and raised in France and owned a house in france, that opened a new can of worms, the drug guys,immigration guys,police and many more jobless wicked souls that parade the airport pounced on him. when i went to see what it was they even said he was from Nigel and was claiming Nigerian, even though that the poor boy was speaking fluent Igbo. i just left him there and boarded the plane.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 02, 2013
2legit2qwt:
i give this comment CFCfan's famous 1000 likes

@post
Flaunt like it's a gold chain? It's a fukin document. How about i ask, do you flaunt your driver's licence? tongue grin
As a matter of fact, I wish there was a way i could get to my destination without flying, like teleporting, i'd be the first to invest in that grin grin

Flaunt it. Jorrrrrr wink

You know what I mean grin
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 02, 2013
GooseBaba:

Bla bla bla ... You have an acute case of inferiority complex...

Charrraaaaaaaappppppppp cool
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by 2legit2qwt: 3:30am On Jul 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Flaunt it. Jorrrrrr wink

You know what I mean grin

[img]http:///NV9AoKUR[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by tpia5: 3:33am On Jul 02, 2013
Princek12: I know this thread sounds funny, but I just had to create it to address a certain pattern I noticed among Nigerians during my last three travels to several countries in Europe from the United States.

You know when you have passed through security and are sitting at the departure gate waiting for boarding to begin. Yes, you know--when people are waiting in line to board the plane. You notice those with USA passports (the Blue Passport) typically hold their passports out for the world to see, sometimes by placing it on the top of other documents they have or just holding the Blue Passport by itself and making it noticeable.

To the contrary, those with Nigerian passports (the Green Passport) typically remove their passports from public view, sometimes by placing it at the bottom of the pile of documents that they have or leaving it in their purses or pockets. They tend to expose their passport insofar as it is needed to be inspected--in just enough time to show the airline employee, and the passport is removed from public view immediately it is no longer needed. This same thing happens at the check-in counter.

This practice is also common at Murtala Muhammed Airport.

While this does not apply to every Nigerian traveler, I know it applies to many of you, whether you would admit to it or not. I see you people all the time. Which of the traveler are you?

and those with red passports, how did you notice them do their own?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 02, 2013
2legit2qwt:

angry angry
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by 2legit2qwt: 3:34am On Jul 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

angry angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 02, 2013
2legit2qwt:

cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

So are you going to flaunt it? undecided
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by 2legit2qwt: 3:42am On Jul 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

So are you going to flaunt it? undecided

Nope, Why should I? undecided
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 02, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Nope, Why should I? undecided
Why shouldn't you? I want to see it undecided
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by 2legit2qwt: 3:51am On Jul 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Why shouldn't you? I want to see it undecided

You won't even be there at the airport IF i ever do that tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Types Of Crowd You Will Find In Lagos / You Can't Use Riders Permit As Your Drivers License - FRSC / LASWA Releases Alternative Routes Ahead Of Third Mainlad Bridge Partial Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.