Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,385 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

My Boo And I: - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boo And I: (4306 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Breakup With My Boo? / When You Are Mad With Your Boo And He Says Something Funny (photo) / Pics Of My Boo And I...birthday Mates### Repping October 15th, What Do U Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boo And I: by savanaha: 6:19pm On May 16, 2008
4 Him:

Based on?  undecided This is dumb really . . . majority of the pedophile rings are based in the US and Europe.
With the exception of the northerners in Nigeria (by virtue of culture and religion), pedophilia is looked down upon in the south.

I think Europe and America are the few countries willing to take criminal actions on pedophiles. How many young girls are molested and abused in even Nigeria by older men and no one says anything even when they eventually find out. Isn't one of SOuth Africa's big problem is that disgusting men with Aids molest young gilrs because they think virgins take away aids? All they end up doing is taking away virginity for the unwanted gift of AIDS.
Re: My Boo And I: by Dreloaded(f): 6:21pm On May 16, 2008
savanaha:

I think Europe and America are the few countries willing to take criminal actions on pedophiles.

Exactly.  I didnt even say that to bash Nigeria/Africa. Just stating how things were/still are(in some places)
Re: My Boo And I: by 4Him1(m): 6:24pm On May 16, 2008
savanaha:

I think Europe and America are the few countries willing to take criminal actions on pedophiles. How many young girls are molested and abused in even Nigeria by older men and no one says anything even when they eventually find out.

that is very different from blanket stereotypes like "pedophilia is common to Nigeria/Africa". The fact that Europe and America are willing to take criminal actions is testament to the fact that pedophilia knows no colors or regions.

I wonder why some are worried because the girl is 14 . . . would it have been more acceptable if the boy was 15 too?
I thot we all had freedom of choice? Anyway . . .
Re: My Boo And I: by Trendiest(f): 6:30pm On May 16, 2008
D guy's only 25,why d rush now, wen u no b Akata or hausa, chill now, and u'r only 20, madam,marriage na huge huge big step,
u think u'r in Love now and it'l b fine, huh, dont let any1 tell u lies oo, Marriage no b easy thing

My Bf's 29 and am 23, he's soooooooooooooooooo ready 4 d big "M", not like am nt but thinkin abt all the things dat comes wit it,I think i'l chill 4 a lil longer,

so girl,my own 2cents, it no easy n why rush,as long as u hav each other,dats all dat matters,

dont forget 2 ask ur parents ooooooo
Re: My Boo And I: by savanaha: 6:34pm On May 16, 2008
4 Him:

that is very different from blanket stereotypes like "pedophilia is common to Nigeria/Africa". The fact that Europe and America are willing to take criminal actions is testament to the fact that pedophilia knows no colors or regions.

I wonder why some are worried because the girl is 14 . . . would it have been more acceptable if the boy was 15 too?
I thot we all had freedom of choice? Anyway . . .

The truth is that pedophilia is more common in Africa because there is no forceful law against it. I think the worry is that a 19 yr old okorobia  should find himself someone he can whisper sweet nothings to who is old enough to understand and not just follow. That is why he would be an adult. I understand why he did it though because some Nigerian men love submission and someone his age will not as willingly submit as a 14yr tata.
Re: My Boo And I: by Dreloaded(f): 6:38pm On May 16, 2008
There you go. Savanah knows what's up

anyway back on topic. Since the OP already said she'll be done very soon with her RN program then I wish her the best.

although I would say work abit so you two can have joint income for when you settle down. If you intend on living in NY, you shoul;d know how expensive it is, so I say gather enough money both of you then go from there
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 6:44pm On May 16, 2008
Honestly i don't think d age should be an issue here,like i said they might not have indulged in sex,i guess they are just too close and that is y she said they both live or act like married couples,if age na issue what of our mothers that got married at age 13 or 14 to men that r 28 or 30?age no be issue ,the issue here is can d little girl handle marriage at this age?if she can then let her get down it

My mom married after she graduated college  so she was a full grown adult.
The era of marrying at 13 was probably in my grandmothers time.
Re: My Boo And I: by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 16, 2008
i doubt dat,they r so many mothers who got married at dat age,and it was nt during the time of our grand mothers
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 6:47pm On May 16, 2008
savanaha:

The truth is that pedophilia is more common in Africa because there is no forceful law against it. I think the worry is that a 19 yr old okorobia  should find himself someone he can whisper sweet nothings to who is old enough to understand and not just follow. That is why he would be an adult. I understand why he did it though because some Nigerian men love submission and someone his age will not as willingly submit as a 14yr tata.

My brother you get am
like reloaded said can you imagine a sophomore at NYU dating a girl at Springside middle school
Isn't there something wrong with this picture?
Re: My Boo And I: by talk2sulta: 6:53pm On May 16, 2008
D-reloaded wats up?
Re: My Boo And I: by Dreloaded(f): 7:04pm On May 16, 2008
Hi smiley

She lives in NY and is just about to finish school, osisi. Personally I dont suggest marriage yet, that's just me. If she lives down south like NC, GA, TN, blah blah, fine since standard of living isnt sky high.

Like I said I think she should work abit, make some money so it wont be like they get married and all the burden and respobnsibilities of bills and stuff will only be placed on the husband
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 7:08pm On May 16, 2008
D-reloaded:

Hi smiley

She lives in NY and is just about to finish school, osisi. Personally I don't suggest marriage yet, that's just me. If she lives down south like NC, GA, TN, blah blah, fine since standard of living isnt sky high.

Like I said I think she should work abit, make some money so it wont be like they get married and all the burden and respobnsibilities of bills and stuff will only be placed on the husband

I read that part.
She can do whatever she wants
she already became a wife at 14 abi
which one is my own cool
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 7:09pm On May 16, 2008
reloaded have you uploaded those pictures again
see as males just dey hi you up and down
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 7:10pm On May 16, 2008
Ok I see you have the above shoulder one
good!
Re: My Boo And I: by Dreloaded(f): 7:12pm On May 16, 2008
Lmao osisi you have been drinking eh? tongue
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 11:40pm On May 16, 2008
fanta grin
Re: My Boo And I: by Sisieko(f): 7:14pm On May 17, 2008
@ sheniquwa
Whoa Whoa Whoa just because we were DATING since i was 14 doesnt mean that im stupid, Not that ay of it is your business but I didnt get intimate with him until I was of age!!! And before I did anything my parents were aware of it, They didnt even think of his age because He is well brought up and he has a good eucation, Im pretty sure somebody in ur fam was married @ an early age, not that it matter, If u feel content enuff to marry soeone than you should be able to do it, I never kep anything away from my parents and I never will, If u didnt have a partner when u were 14 thats ur business, To make things clear WE WERE DATING SINCE I WAS 14 NOT FUCKING!!!!!!,
Re: My Boo And I: by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 17, 2008
@sisieko

my question is,does d guy want to marry u?is he ready for marriage?
Re: My Boo And I: by LadyT(f): 7:28pm On May 17, 2008
Whats the point in telling people its none of their buisness when you start this kind of topic.

I tire o!
Re: My Boo And I: by BIZYGUY: 7:34pm On May 17, 2008
try 2 b patient
Re: My Boo And I: by Sisieko(f): 7:40pm On May 17, 2008
Yea he wants to marry me, he proposed to me last year!!! He says whenever Im ready he has nothing to wait for, but i think Ill just wait till im about 24, the age seems right!! But I alrady have the title when people speak to us it alwas "hows ur wife" or " how is ur husband" and some of them ont even know thay we are engage, It because weve been together so long. a alot of peeople respect us,
Re: My Boo And I: by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 17, 2008
well its your life,and u alone know when its going to be convenient for u to get married,i wish u good luck
Re: My Boo And I: by Sisieko(f): 7:47pm On May 17, 2008
THANX MUCH>>
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 9:20pm On May 17, 2008
LadyT:

Whats the point in telling people its none of their buisness when you start this kind of topic.

I tire o!

you see am too?
people start topics and when one says their piece suddenly it's not anyone's business.
Re: My Boo And I: by sheniqua: 9:25pm On May 17, 2008
Sisieko:

Yea he wants to marry me, he proposed to me last year!!! He says whenever I'm ready he has nothing to wait for, but i think Ill just wait till im about 24, the age seems right!! But I alrady have the title when people speak to us it alwas "hows your wife" or " how is your husband" and some of them ont even know thay we are engage, It because weve been together so long. a alot of peeople respect us,

Good for you
what else can I say
just 4 more years of "marital bliss" before officially tying the knot
or shall I say untying and tying the knots since the knots have been tied since 14
Osanobua,I need to mind my business

@ poster biko don't mind me o
wishing you the very best.
You sound very intelligent for a 20 year old.
your parents did do a good job.

phew!!
that wan't to hard to say sheniqua
Re: My Boo And I: by Damoche10: 4:36pm On May 18, 2008
Most ladies would grab this oppurtunity you have here. Don't make anyone confuse you. Those ladies that would tell you anything contrary would grab it if it were them. You have to know that in any marriage, one there is tolerance between the two of you and there is love flowing around you the reamaining is small. Always pray to God that you husband or husband to be should get a better Job to give your house the aura it needs. Go girl, 'THE WORLD IS YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!

Note:People go to school while they are married or haven't you seen a man at 70 still in school? Obasanjo is still a student while the present EFCC chairman who happens to be a woman was married and had babies before she graduated from the university. So?
Re: My Boo And I: by jockybabe(f): 7:20pm On May 18, 2008
I AGREE WITH YIMITON.
PSTER "THINK RIGHT OH,I AV A FRIEND DAT HAS DSAME STORY AS YOURS BUT WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR MARRIAGE,SHE TRIED BUTT SHE COULDNT ALL SHE DID WAS TO BREAK UP(,SHE [s]STARTED DATING D DUDE AFTER  HER SECONDARY SCHOOL[/s]).COS MARRIAGE IS FOR EVER
Re: My Boo And I: by omoovie(f): 10:49pm On May 21, 2008
Ol girl if y'all feel you are ready go ahead. I think 20 is too young too but y'all have been together for 5 - 6 years already. Start saving towards the wedding! I want asuebi!

---------------------------------------
EDIT
Wait oh! Wait oh! How old is he now? 29? and Nigerian? Honey. Run. Fast.
Re: My Boo And I: by Sisieko(f): 4:28am On May 22, 2008
No hes 25, hes Nigerian!! But americanized just like me, we still adap to the culture though,
Re: My Boo And I: by okenwa(m): 9:41am On May 22, 2008
@ all
marriage is from the heart. . .
Jesus once said 'once a man look at a lady lostfully,he has committed adultery'
the point am trying to make is that . . . there are actions going on in our hearts which are legitimate before God.
Re: My Boo And I: by omoovie(f): 6:46pm On May 28, 2008
Sisieko:

No hes 25, hes Nigerian!! But americanized just like me, we still adap to the culture though,
Oh, Ok. Then y'all don't have qualms now. Just remember regardless of whomever is in the relationship and wherever they come from COMMUNICATION is very important.

I'm waiting for my asuebi. cool
Re: My Boo And I: by t00cUTE(f): 9:13pm On May 28, 2008
The question is wat do u want 4 urslf, remember thats wat important. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Playing Hard-to-get Could Be Costly / What Can Make You Slap Your Husband In Public? / Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.