Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg (5005 Views)

Salient Points From the Epistle to the Romans / The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. / ==> Shiloh 2008 Epistle <== (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
Syncan:

If the ethiopian eunoch was as puffed up in pride as you, he would not have been baptised. He had the bible yet he was humble enough to know that he could read without understanding, unlike you.

puffed up about what really, how many times have I called you to join me in looking at the scriptures instead of arguing?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

puffed up about what really, how many times have I called you to join me in looking at the scriptures instead of arguing?

Yes I read through the thread, and I saw the main target repeatedly tell you he is not prepared for it in his own way. You wouldn't let go, you'll rather he engages you unprepared, that did not seem like one who wants to learn or even enlighten, it sounds more like one eager to impress or show off. That, my dear is a put off.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Syncan:

Yes I read through the thread, and I saw the main target repeatedly tell you he is not prepared for it in his own way. You wouldn't let go, you'll rather he engages you unprepared, that did not seem like one who wants to learn or even enlighten, it sounds more like one eager to impress or show off. That, my dear is a put off.

I opened the thread because the guy kept following my post, he was making harsh comments and all. I felt I had to speak with him through scriptures to show him the source of my illation. For you to now come to say I was calling him to show off is not true. But, You have a right to your own opinion.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
Syncan:

Don't mind this man. He provoked me to Galatians study. Then he starts quoting romans out of context. That will be my next study. His method of 'study' is how false teachers dupe people. Take a verse, forget the context and then make an unrelated comment, and ask random, irrelevant closed questions.
I looked at his other posts. I would have ignored him for his doctrine is poison, but he truly needs help.
2 gospels. No repentance. He goes around seeking who he may devour.

1 Like

Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 7:55am On Jul 03, 2013
I believe you are very good at unedifying disputes. The syncan guy said, I am trying to show off by luring you into the study of romans cos you are unprepared for it. But, he has shown he isn't being neutral cos you call me names and call the gospel I propagate poison even while you are unprepared for a dual study.

You said you want to do Romans and you have done Galatians. I wonder who made you an authority in these things, you said you are unprepared for a joint study but you are ready to do a summary from your own view point.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 9:05am On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe you are very good at unedifying disputes. The syncan guy said, I am trying to show off by luring you into the study of romans cos you are unprepared for it. But, he has shown he isn't being neutral cos you call me names and call the gospel I propagate poison even while you are unprepared for a dual study.

You said you want to do Romans and you have done Galatians. I wonder who made you an authority in these things, you said you are unprepared for a joint study but you are ready to do a summary from your own view point.

I don't do things the way you do. Other people will read and and be put off because all you do it try and argue even when I disprove your doctrine. You challenged me on Galatians, I went and read it and considered other scripture and put the meaning down, not verse by verser exactly, but summarising chunks - that makes more sense.
Since then, you have come only to say my interpretation is wrong and offered yours, which is based on opinion. I back scripture with scripture.
I will do the same with Romans and we'll see what you will say.
I am sure you will agree my method is more edifying to other nairalanders, than this back and forth, argue on every verse, aprroach you adopt.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I don't do things the way you do. Other people will read and and be put off because all you do it try and argue even when I disprove your doctrine. You challenged me on Galatians, I went and read it and considered other scripture and put the meaning down, not verse by verser exactly, but summarising chunks - that makes more sense.
Since then, you have come only to say my interpretation is wrong and offered yours, which is based on opinion. I back scripture with scripture.
I will do the same with Romans and we'll see what you will say.
I am sure you will agree my method is more edifying to other nairalanders, than this back and forth, argue on every verse, aprroach you adopt.

Makes more sense to you, right? The scripture does not have to make moral sense to you my friend, you don,t need to be putting chunks together to reach a conclusion you think is right. Follow what it says with or without what you think.

It is a DANGEROUS thing to have an idea and decide to go to the scriptures for sole purpose of getting that idea endorsed.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 9:52am On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Makes more sense to you, right? The scripture does not have to make moral sense to you my friend, you don,t need to be putting chunks together to reach a conclusion you think is right. Follow what it says with or without what you think.

It is a DANGEROUS thing to have an idea and decide to go to the scriptures for sole purpose of getting that idea endorsed.

Again, making your own little inferences. Just face it, you are full of false doctrine, and you contradict yourself - a sure sign you read but do not understand.
I have been tracking your posts in other threads, my oh my, you do make me chuckle.
"shook hands and agreed to go seperate ways and preach different gospels", or something of that effect. Gets me everytime. If only you truly understood. don't worry, I promise you more studies.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Again, making your own little inferences. Just face it, you are full of false doctrine, and you contradict yourself - a sure sign you read but do not understand.
I have been tracking your posts in other threads, my oh my, you do make me chuckle.
"shook hands and agreed to go seperate ways and preach different gospels", or something of that effect. Gets me everytime. If only you truly understood. don't worry, I promise you more studies.

Tracking my posts!!! Go and understand or ask about these things or better still find a Sunday school where the word of God is taught with a pure heart, sincere conscience and true faith.

shdemidemi:

I am not a fan of long sermons, answer the questions then-

my question to you are
1, are Christians going to be around for the tribulation age?
2, would Christ come to pick the church apart from the Jews or would he come for the church and the jews together?

I asked you these basic questions, this was your response to them--

Apologies for late response, I was conscious that if I responded before my next Galatians post, the bible study would turn into an endtimes debate.

To your first question: I cannot state conclusively, there are 4 schools of thought on this. My limited understanding of endtime prophecy suggests that Christians will indeed be around. The idea of a rapture of the church has only banded around for 200 years, which adds to my scepticism.

Romans 5:3 says "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience"
Now, I know this is not speaking about the endtimes, but it strikes me as odd that the perfect opportunity to build the character of the church would come, and the church gets 'raptured' ahead of this.
But I will not turn to that debate. It is on my list of areas I need to study myself. Perhaps you can start a Daniel/Revelation study.

You gave a very inept and clumsy response, yet you believe you are the epitome of scriptures.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
I came across this post on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1345232/religion-vs-jesus-christ-important#1345232.2

It will do you a whole lot of good.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
You are a confused being.
Ok so I am not a End Times genius. But given that it is you giving me your view, I should be skeptical given that your whole doctrine is messed up and contradicts scripture. I made a valid pointin saying rapture is a new theology. If it is true, that's great, it will not determine ones salvation.
But you thinking onec you're 'saved' (in your mind) you can do anything you wish and it doesn't matter because you're going to heaven from that point on. Biggest fail in your doctrne.

Then there is your 2 gospel theory, hanging on the "right hand of fellowship" scripture you band around. And you wonder why I don't take you seriously.
Broke you down on Galatians. I will take Romans you you also, because my God will continue to increase my understanding.

The devil knows the scriptures better than you or I. Does that make him a ambassador of truth? No. He goes to a fro seeking whom he may devour, I believe you are walking after him, whether you are aware of it or not.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The devil knows the scriptures better than you or I. Does that make him a ambassador of truth? No. He goes to a fro seeking whom he may devour, I believe you are walking after him, whether you are aware of it or not.
what nonsense is this?which devil knows scripture more than those who know da word?speak for yaself okay if u lazy on d word n d devil knows scripture more than u.d fact dat devil quote scriptures doesn't make him 'know" scriptures for had he 'known" he known he wouldn't hv crucify da lord of glory.you are called on dis thread to do exegesis n yet 3 pages n haven't said nothing n u keep ranting on u doing study in Galatians nonsense.are u d first to do Galatians?what do u want pple who hv study Galatians b4 u to say if u keep ranting on Galatians like dat?u better vacate this thread if u hv nothing to say as per this thread or I show u da way out.nonsense!u think u can b wasting pple time here saying nothing?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe you are very good at unedifying disputes. The syncan guy said, I am trying to show off by luring you into the study of romans cos you are unprepared for it. But, he has shown he isn't being neutral cos you call me names and call the gospel I propagate poison even while you are unprepared for a dual study.

My bad then if you felt wronged. Why not take it that, probably, I love you more. That won't be wrong now, would it?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
flourishG: what nonsense is this?which devil knows scripture more than those who know da word?speak for yaself okay if u lazy on d word n d devil knows scripture more than u.d fact dat devil quote scriptures doesn't make him 'know" scriptures for had he 'known" he known he wouldn't hv crucify da lord of glory.you are called on dis thread to do exegesis n yet 3 pages n haven't said nothing n u keep ranting on u doing study in Galatians nonsense.are u d first to do Galatians?what do u want pple who hv study Galatians b4 u to say if u keep ranting on Galatians like dat?u better vacate this thread if u hv nothing to say as per this thread or I show u da way out.nonsense!u think u can b wasting pple time here saying nothing?

Flourish you talk like a young boy. The devil knows the scriptures of course. Did you not read his conversation with Jesus when Jesus went into the wilderness 40days and nights. Heck, even some athiests know scripture - yes, they often twist it, but they know the content.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
Syncan:

My bad then if you felt wronged. Why not take it that, probably, I love you more. That won't be wrong now, would it?

It does not matter, it is not about you or me or the guy that I created the thread for but about the true word of God. We are all different people with opinions, the scripture should unite us not divide us.

1 Like

Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

It does not matter, it is not about you or me or the guy that I created the thread for but about the true word of God. We are all different people with opinions, the scripture should unite us not divide us.

Exactly why private interpretation is wrong. From all indication, the above is not happening. Yet there was a time when it was. When the Church was on top of things, giving interpretations to the word of God and mysteries revealed by the Holy spirit as promised.A time when every one respected the decision of the "elders" in council.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Flourish you talk like a young boy. The devil knows the scriptures of course. Did you not read his conversation with Jesus when Jesus went into the wilderness 40days and nights. Heck, even some athiests know scripture - yes, they often twist it, but they know the content.
when u say devil knows scripture what does dat mean?does it mean quoting scriptures?anybody can quote bible but everyone who quote bible know d word?again attend to d purpose of dis thread or leave cos as far as dis thread is concerned,u just talking n hv not said anything on d purpose da topic was started.u r wasting pple time.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly why private interpretation is wrong. From all indication, the above is not happening. Yet there was a time when it was. When the Church was on top of things, giving interpretations to the word of God and mysteries revealed by the Holy spirit as promised.A time when every one respected the decision of the "elders" in council.

what's private interpretation?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
flourishG: when u say devil knows scripture what does dat mean?does it mean quoting scriptures?anybody can quote bible but everyone who quote bible know d word?again attend to d purpose of dis thread or leave cos as far as dis thread is concerned,u just talking n hv not said anything on d purpose da topic was started.u r wasting pple time.

You can't be more right, I believe we can go on with the study without him, If he is interested he can always join in.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
flourishG: what's private interpretation?

Each individual or group interpreting scripture the way they like.

What do you think about it?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
I will leave you to it. I can uarantee that some way through Flourish and shdemidemi will argue at some point. Just don't mention anything about sin, or one gospel or shdemidemi will be all over you like a rash.

My own Romans will come, and it will be scripture backed by scripture. smiley
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
JesusisLord85: I will leave you to it. I can uarantee that some way through Flourish and shdemidemi will argue at some point. Just don't mention anything about sin, or one gospel or shdemidemi will be all over you like a rash.

My own Romans will come, and it will be scripture backed by scripture. smiley

On the contrary, no one is an authority here. It is a study not a competition, we can only be optimistic that we can learn from each other.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

On the contrary, no one is an authority here. It is a study not a competition, we can only be optimistic that we can learn from each other.

I have seen you operate, and all someone needs to do is look at your posts to see I am righ: You identify a statement that is at odds with your opinion. You then ask what they mean by that. They explain. You respond. They disagree. You tell them they are not reading properly. They call you an i diot. You give them a verse out of context, and insult them back, and from there it spirals. Perhaps that is how they conduct bible study where you come from.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I have seen you operate, and all someone needs to do is look at your posts to see I am righ: You identify a statement that is at odds with your opinion. You then ask what they mean by that. They explain. You respond. They disagree. You tell them they are not reading properly. They call you an i diot. You give them a verse out of context, and insult them back, and from there it spirals. Perhaps that is how they conduct bible study where you come from.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

Why would you not notice the same things when I don't have the image of Mary in my house and I don't believe in purgatory.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
flourishG: what's private interpretation?

italo:

I guess you already got your answer here
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

okay.All scriptures, dats is each verse by verse is given by inspiration of God n it is profitable for DOCTRINE,CORRECTIONS etc.dat is I can use one verse of scripture to teach a doctrine but it must not contradict another scripture.every verse then speaks for itself without going against d other.will u still call that a private interpretation according to yr definition of private interpretation?

Syncan:

I guess you already got your answer here
I asked u a question n some else answered.is dat also your own answer to da question or u can't think for yourself?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
flourishG:

I asked u a question n some else answered.is dat also your own answer to da question or u can't think for yourself?

And I thought this was a public forum. My post was for some else, but you responded to it by asking me a question based on it. Now, someone else responded to your question to me, which I was courteous enough to affirm. Yet you come up with insult.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 4:36am On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: okay.All scriptures, dats is each verse by verse is given by inspiration of God n it is profitable for DOCTRINE,CORRECTIONS etc.dat is I can use one verse of scripture to teach a doctrine but it must not contradict another scripture.every verse then speaks for itself without going against d other.will u still call that a private interpretation according to yr definition of private interpretation?

Yes. Because what you are doing is using your private interpretaion of one verse to compare to your private interpretation of another verse and coming to your private conclusions.

Is that not so?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 5:43am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

Yes. Because what you are doing is using your private interpretaion of one verse to compare to your private interpretation of another verse and coming to your private conclusions.

Is that not so?
that's wrong of u.scriptures don't speak in tongues but in clear n understandable languages.what it says is what is meant.

1 Like

Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 6:31am On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: that's wrong of u.scriptures don't speak in tongues but in clear n understandable languages.what it says is what is meant.

Compare the above with this part from scripture and see how wrong you are:

"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction"2Pet3:16

I guess you kept mute after my earlier response, following your rudeness, because you had nothing to say. I accept the silent apology anyway.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 6:53am On Jul 04, 2013
^^^ what are you insinuating, Peter said some things Paul taught were hard to understand. Does that in anyway say individuals cannot understand them if they study?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. / See TB Joshua’s 3 Beautiful Children, Achievements And Bio / The Religion-freewill Paradox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.