Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg (5006 Views)

Salient Points From the Epistle to the Romans / The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. / ==> Shiloh 2008 Epistle <== (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 9:56am On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi: Italo and syncan...please tell us who the guide to believers is, you seem to disagree the scripture should be our guide.

Syncan has answered you very comprehensively.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

Stick to what?

To the doctrines.. I am still waiting for what your guide to believers is.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

Syncan has answered you very comprehensively.

I must have missed it, can you give your own answer. Thanks
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

To the doctrines.. I am still waiting for what your guide to believers is.

We both agree that Paul was guide to Timothy, not scriptures?

Let me get you clear before we move unto other things
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

I must have missed it, can you give your own answer. Thanks

I you missed that lengthy post. You are a waste of time and space.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

I you missed that lengthy post. You are a waste of time and space.

Why the long talk, can you not easily figure out who the guide should be?

Do we have many guides to warrant a lengthy post?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

We both agree that Paul was guide to Timothy, not scriptures?

Let me get you clear before we move unto other things

This guy, how many times do I have to tell you this?

1 Corinthians 11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Be ye followers of me(Paul), even as I also am of Christ.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

This guy, how many times do I have to tell you this?

1 Corinthians 11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Be ye followers of me(Paul), even as I also am of Christ.

We are saying the same thing. Paul, not scripture was guide to Timothy.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

We are saying the same thing. Paul, not scripture was guide to Timothy.

Paul's teachings are very much part of the scriptures. So, scriptures was Timothy's guide.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by italo: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Paul's teachings are very much part of the scriptures. So, scriptures was Timothy's guide.

Paul and his teachings, both written and unwritten, were part of the Church. So the Church was Timothy's guide.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

Paul and his teachings, both written and unwritten, were part of the Church. So the Church was Timothy's guide.

What as church got to do with all I am saying?

Do you not know that you and I are the temple of God(church)
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2013
Syncan:

Compare the above with this part from scripture and see how wrong you are:

"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction"2Pet3:16

I guess you kept mute after my earlier response, following your rudeness, because you had nothing to say. I accept the silent apology anyway.
you know d problem with you?PRIDE!and nobody wants to listen to others n learn.first,as shdemidemi said, does that mean others can not understand more that we now hv the complete scriptures.at the time peter made da above statement,it was still a progressive revelation of God so it might be hard(some things though, not all as in all scriptures).nothing is hard to understand now that we hv da complete revelation n information in scriptures.that's how u half baked people go about spreading half truth n say u know something.when i say something now u will say am insulting u.the fact is,it is the truth that hits u not me insulting u.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^ what are you insinuating, Peter said some things Paul taught were hard to understand. Does that in anyway say individuals cannot understand them if they study?
donnot mind these people.they think high of themselves.they themselves have not tested what they know.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Just so you know, in those days, Paul's letter was a letter only. By 'scripture', he means the old testament. In other words, the law and the prophets.
did i read u clearly?what bible verse do u hv to support your claim that all scriptures meant was d old testament?and i will then show u God is gone beyond the old into the new by da death n resurrection of christ.is this what u teach people n spread?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: donnot mind these people.they think high of themselves.they themselves have not tested what they know.

You and shdemidemi are preaching different messages, so please tell me how you are holding hands.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 11:57am On Jul 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You and shdemidemi are preaching different messages, so please tell me how you are holding hands.

I take my seat beside this "questioner". Waiting patiently for answers.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 11:57am On Jul 04, 2013
JesusisLord85: You are interpreting 2 Timothy 3:16 as saying:

'Paul's letter is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete...'
And, at the same time, your interpretation of Paul contradicts the very scripture Paul was actually referring to. Sigh
where did shdemidemi said the above?you liars or u insinuating that?have u not read before it was written,you are a living epistle?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2013
Just like in court, a lying witness will be trapped by his own words. I posted this is another thread. So FlourishG, be warned, lest I expose you also:

Another contradiction of Mr shdemidemi:
I saw him post and interpret Peter's dream in Acts 10 as meaning that is was ok for Peter to eat unclean meats. The first obvious problem is that shdemidemi testified to me that he believes the Jew must still follow the mosaic law, while other believers do not. Peter is a Jew - so clearly he doesn't know what he believes.
The second problem here is that he has not understood Acts 15. But let me help explain what is truely means:

Peter has a dream. In it, he saw unclean animals. God said, "kill and eat" (in the dream).
Peter says "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean."

Let us pause for a second. Peter was commissioned by God to preach the gospel by Jesus himself. If Jesus said you can now eat unclean animals, how come Peter didn't get the memo?

The problem here is that you have tried to interpret the dream by yourself. Dreams in the bible always have an interpretation, the reader is not left to make up his own mind what it means. Unless of course you have the gift of interpreting dreams like Daniel or Joseph.

The interpretation of the dream is given in verse 28 "And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

Tradition of the elders (not the law) says a Jew cannot enter the house of a gentile. If not for the dream, and the apprearance of the angel, Peter would not have entered a gentile home. God did not contradict his own law i.e. do not eat unclean animals. He was saying the gentiles are not unclean, which contradicts the tradition of the elders.

There are many NT passaged such as this that are wildly misunderstood. Dodgy translations do not help either brother.

Consider what Paul (aposle to the gentiles) says himself:

2 Corinthians 2:16 " Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

So, do not try and interpret dreams, the interpretation is there for you. Remember what God said to Aaron and his siter. Numbers 12:6-8

And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"

Seek the interpretation of the dream, unless you are among the prophets smiley
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

what is d different message i'm preaching n what different message shdemidemi n i are preaching?you're called to explain certain things.is that too much for u to explain in simple language.what hv u said so far concerning the op?NOTHING!
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: where did shdemidemi said the above?you liars or u insinuating that?have u not read before it was written,you are a living epistle?

I always said you were as a boy. Read and you see I said "You are interpreting 2 Timothy 3:16 as saying"..
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
italo: And Paul says "all scripture (old testament)...is profitable" NOT "sufficient."

Where did he get the teaching that the book is his guide to Christian teaching?
see how u pple add to da word?it just says all scriptures, it never amplified it by adding "old testament" what da heck is wrong wif u pple?is this what u spread n teach?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Syncan(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: you know d problem with you?PRIDE!and nobody wants to listen to others n learn.first,as shdemidemi said, does that mean others can not understand more that we now hv the complete scriptures.at the time peter made da above statement,it was still a progressive revelation of God so it might be hard(some things though, not all as in all scriptures).nothing is hard to understand now that we hv da complete revelation n information in scriptures.that's how u half baked people go about spreading half truth n say u know something.when i say something now u will say am insulting u.the fact is,it is the truth that hits u not me insulting u.

Thank you.I quoted scripture where it is said that certain things are difficult to understand,You instead,call me Proud and half baked. You rather prefer to post your own opinion that "nothing is hard to understand as we now have complete revelation and information in scripture", which is completely non-scriptural. I have complained before of your unprovoked insults. Indeed you are a good example of the kind of Christians your private interpretations produce.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: see how u pple add to da word?it just says all scriptures, it never amplified it by adding "old testament" what da heck is wrong wif u pple?is this what u spread n teach?

God help you. The only scripture back then was the OT. The Bereans used OT to test if Paul was a false teacher, so obviously that is what is meant. His letters were letters, though I agree, they were also inspired by God. But let's understand context jare.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I'm chuckling today. You are showing signs of panic. Just exposing you day by day. Be there picking our quotes. Why don't you tear out the old testament. By the way, have you seen Hebrews 9:16-17:

"For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth".

So you can tear our the 4 gospels, Matthew, mark, Luke and John.... and then, which of your 2 gospels will you be preaching?

Lol I actually have tears from laughter today. You are special.
now we clearly see those who donnot understand what it means to interpret.and then u wanna teach others?da pple who interpret the word perfectly donnot tear out anything.they only align with the progressive revelation of God.what is the purpose of the new testament if God still wants u dwell on da old testament or covenant?i nneed an answer pls?

1 Like

Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
Syncan:

Thank you.I quoted scripture where it is said that certain things are difficult to understand,You instead,call me Proud and half baked. You rather prefer to post your own opinion that "nothing is hard to understand as we now have complete revelation and information in scripture", which is completely non-scriptural. I have complained before of your unprovoked insults. Indeed you are a good example of the kind of Christians your private interpretations produce.
grin I have cautioned this guy about his unprovoked insults in another thread but it's like he is not listening.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by JesusisLord85: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: now we clearly see those who donnot understand what it means to interpret.and then u wanna teach others?da pple who interpret the word perfectly donnot tear out anything.they only align with the progressive revelation of God.what is the purpose of the new testament if God still wants u dwell on da old testament or covenant?i nneed an answer pls?

jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people"

Read. Galatians also says a new covenant does not wipe out the previous. See my Galatians thread.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bidam: grin I have cautioned this guy about his unprovoked insults in another thread but it's like he is not listening.

Bidam, this is where I tend to disagree with you. You will back the devil just to check the excesses of the righteous.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
flourishG: see how u pple add to da word?it just says all scriptures, it never amplified it by adding "old testament" what da heck is wrong wif u pple?is this what u spread n teach?
Read up you might get the answer you are looking for Paul wasn't there when timothy was a child. It was his mother and grandmother eunice and lois who were both christians.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

It's amazing. Moses was in Sinai 40days and got the law. shdemidemi's new gospel comes out of a brief encounter on the road to Damascus.
He reckons a contradicting gospel was given to Paul. Paul told Peter and co this story, and just like that, they parted ways and agreed all was ok. If they suspected he was at odds with them, they would not have backed him.
The modern Christians were not called christians because it was some new religion. It was the fulfilment of a Jewish prophecy. How can that birth a new religion that contradicts the OT? Modern Christianity has questions to answer. This I will get into in a thread no doubt..after Romans smiley
okay,i will try minimise my insult but i can't condole it when pple say they know n yet they talk trash,then i begin to wonder what exactly they know n teaching other.don't be half baked teacher if u want to be one.the old testament religion is very very very very x4 different from the new.hv you noticed i don't quote scriptures often religiously but whatever i said is in da word.i will always give scriptures when needed.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by flourishG(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi: Italo and syncan...please tell us who the guide to believers is, you seem to disagree the scripture should be our guide.
the scripture remains the guide + the Spirit of truth that will guide us.If they hv other answers,let them spilt it out.
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by shdemidemi(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bidam: Read up you might get the answer you are looking for Paul wasn't there when timothy was a child. It was his mother and grandmother eunice and lois who were both christians.

But Paul said everything that was written aforetime were written for our learning. Is learning not different from doctrine?
Re: Exegesis Of The Epistle---with flourishg by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bidam, this is where I tend to disagree with you. You will back the devil just to check the excesses of the righteous.
I am backing no one here. I am against truth mixed with error which you and flourish are guilty of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. / See TB Joshua’s 3 Beautiful Children, Achievements And Bio / The Religion-freewill Paradox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.