Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40423 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you emailed them to the provided email or you posted them here? If its by email then you can't delete them, just tell cuddlemii the version you want to use as your bait
he said same version.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2013
yemi2plus2:
he said same version.
then no problem, can't reverse it. Its the same so no wahala
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 12:50am On Aug 13, 2013
Reminder

Today is the last day for submitting poems.

At exactly 11:55pm the thread would be locked.

Please do not send emails after 11:55pm

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by firestar(f): 12:53am On Aug 13, 2013
Haha. smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2013
some nice poems tho, I'm truly a learner!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:13am On Aug 13, 2013
Time-Table (August)

13 – End of Submission(i.e.Round 1)

14 – List of top 20 contestants
Pairing(Poets + Designers)
Set Expectations
Slot booking for Round 2

14 – 17 Working in pairs

18 – Extension, just in case the designing process takes time

18 – 21 – Submission of poems and designs for Round 2

18 – 21 – Grading
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Piresg24(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2013
The Storm

A thick cloud appeared
In communion it gathered
Ready to bequeath its due to mother earth
Rumbling of thunder I heard
The sun disappeared into the thick cloud
Behold,a thick darkness I saw
The cheerful croud turned sore and fled
Like a melting ice before the sun
All,men and women,young and old
Engaged theirs legs on a marathon
Off to their abode
Away from the menacing storm
Streets become lonely
Market places deserted
Farmland waited in vain without any to till
The whirlwind blew
The forest trees danced in awe
Heavenly dues like a tsunami descended on earth
Roofs eloped from houses
Dancing to the rhythm of the wind
Flood crept into houses
Displacing man of habitation
Indistinct voices I heard saying
Oh! Our fields oh! Our buildings
For how long?
When shall this nightmare end?
When shall be the dawn of a new day?
I woke up from my deep sleep
Behold,it was a sunny day and I smiled
because it was but a dream.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2013
Piresg24: The Storm

A thick cloud appeared
In communion it gathered
Ready to bequeath its due to mother earth
Rumbling of thunder I heard
The sun disappeared into the thick cloud
Behold,a thick darkness I saw
The cheerful croud turned sore and fled
Like a melting ice before the sun
All,men and women,young and old
Engaged theirs legs on a marathon
Off to their abode
Away from the menacing storm
Streets become lonely
Market places deserted
Farmland waited in vain without any to till
The whirlwind blew
The forest trees danced in awe
Heavenly dues like a tsunami descended on earth
Roofs eloped from houses
Dancing to the rhythm of the wind
Flood crept into houses
Displacing man of habitation
Indistinct voices I heard saying
Oh! Our fields oh! Our buildings
For how long?
When shall this nightmare end?
When shall be the dawn of a new day?
I woke up from my deep sleep
Behold,it was a sunny day and I smiled
because it was but a dream.

Please have you read the rules and regulations?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:38am On Aug 13, 2013
"CHECK THE GRADES LIVE": CLICK HERE
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 10:17am On Aug 13, 2013
Cuddlemii: "CHECK AS YOU ARE BEEN GRADED LIVE": CLICK HERE
i don't understand that sheet. Maybe because i'm using a mobile phone.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by beyonDskygirl(f): 10:31am On Aug 13, 2013
*Fingers crossed* waitin... Am I nervous? Hmmmm....
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Fynline(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2013

Cuddlemii i ve sent my poem to the email provided but i also know i am supposed to post it on a special thread that was to be created for the purpose of posting our poems...i dont knw hw to access the thread sir!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2013
Fynline:

Cuddlemii i ve sent my poem to the email provided but i also know i am supposed to post it on a special thread that was to be created for the purpose of posting our poems...i dont knw hw to access the thread sir!

what does the two muscular flesh sitting at the two sides of your face called ears do? angry
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Fynline(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2013
princesa:

what does the two muscular flesh sitting at the two sides of your face called ears do? angry

Thanks for the insult my queen...you are very kind

Anyone who has an anwser please help me with it...i only took a few minutes from my very busy work schedule to do a little of my past time!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 11:46am On Aug 13, 2013
Keep asking then cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2013
princesa: Keep asking then cool
Be nice.......

@Fynline
https://www.nairaland.com/1380020/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Fynline(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2013
princesa: Keep asking then cool

My queen u are an admirable lady...u got one admirer here!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Fynline(m): 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Fynline(m): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2013

Cuddlemii i initially sent my poem as a word document please disregard it, i have done the right thing now (no 54)
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
Be nice.......

and i was nice cool

Fynline:

My queen u are an admirable lady...u got one admirer here!
hmm...
really? Nice meeting you too. cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Fynline(m): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
Now u are really nice shocked
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
Fynline:
Now u are really nice shocked
wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Fynline:

Cuddlemii i initially sent my poem as a word document please disregard it, i have done the right thing now (no 54)

Seen!

You are good to go.

Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
yemi2plus2:
i don't understand that sheet. Maybe because i'm using a mobile phone.

I'd post the list of the top 20. I just want contestants to see when the grading is done(i.e. in real time).

By the way, the scores have not been included yet. The submission is still on. It is advisable you check back at midnight or tomorrow.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm a bit confused the two people that submited before me didnt number their works but i numbered mine NO.56. I wish myself and all other participants the best.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Irshittabey: I'm a bit confused the two people that submited before me didnt number their works but i numbered mine NO.56. I wish myself and all other participants the best.

Accurately done wink

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
beyonDskygirl: *Fingers crossed* waitin... Am I nervous? Hmmmm....

Lol, the activity is just for fun.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Cuddlemii:

I'd post the list of the top 20. I just want contestants to see when the grading is done(i.e. in real time).

By the way, the scores have not been included yet. The submission is still on. It is advisable you check back at midnight or tomorrow.
okay
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
GRADES / SCORES

Judge 5 has posted his/her scores -->
CLICK HERE

See who's leading for now wink --> CLICK HERE

Contestant Number 25, 48, 8, 24...! smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lifestyle1(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
Cuddlemii: GRADES / SCORES

Judge 5 has posted his/her scores -->
CLICK HERE

See who's leading for now wink --> CLICK HERE

Contestant Number 25, 48, 8, 24...! smiley

Can you add another column and roll to indicate individual position ? wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
life_style:

Can you add another column and roll to indicate individual position ?

Please how do you mean?

The ranking sheet has that already--> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnMTzXHDO1ZLdFZxVEl5dUF2ZkdQQVhrQ09SYmxFT3c&gid=4

Please check, and advice me.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lifestyle1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
I didn't see that initially, Good job! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.