Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40353 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
[quote author=princesa]
poor cat why did he have to go pay curiosity a visit embarassed

grin[/quote.]

my thoughts exactly, but I guess when its time to go nothing stops you;(
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Oh death!
Now you're gonna make me crysad
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
princesa: Oh death!
Now you're gonna make me crysad
grin grin grin
**please take my handkerchief**but don't sneeze in it**
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
timpaker:
grin grin grin
**please take my handkerchief**but don't sneeze in it**
okay embarassed

*wipes face and blows nose*

see, i didn't sneeze in it afterall grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
angry
princesa:
okay embarassed

*wipes face and blows nose*

see, i didn't sneeze in it afterall grin
angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
timpaker:
angry angry angry angry
see ishan all over im face grin

be a gentleman Jo tongue
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
princesa:
see ishan all over im face grin

be a gentleman Jo tongue
You sure are a funny and hilarious person,I Have been following your posts and I'll say you have a good sense of humour
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
Irshittabey:
You sure are a funny and hilarious person,I Have been following your posts and I'll say you have a good sense of humour

thank you sir/ma
life already is too serious to still be taken so seriously grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by sheblayze(f): 1:56am On Sep 05, 2013
Wow!!! And it finally comes to an end.

**heaves a sigh of relief**

Well, I'm grateful to Almighty God who made all things possible.

Much appreciation goes to Cuddlemi. You held your own even when we got on your nerves..lol. God's blessings dear.

Kudos to my fellow contestants. You are all geniuses. Your works inspire me to want to do more and even work harder. I guess there's always room for improvement.

Our Judges too...you guys did a great job. Marking, reviewing and even taking time out to analyse. All I can say is a big thank you.

Designers are not left out...you all made the poems colourful. Well done.

Not forgetting the spectators as well for watching and cheering on. Thumbs up guys.

It won't be complete if I do not appreciate my Literature-in-English teacher. I'm happy to have met you ma. Thanks for making the subject so interesting.

And to any other person who wasn't mentioned, you are also appreciated.

Kudos to me too...I almost gave up, until I noticed who was watching.

"You never know its in you until you try it out."

ONE LOVE Y'ALL!

Wrote that on the day the competition ended. However, due to circumstances beyond my control, I could not post it.

I decided to forgo it, but I changed my mind when I came online today and saw all the great names that mentioned my name.

Tears almost ran out of my eyes, even though I hate getting emotional. Those little kind words were little but the kindness with which they were said can even melt stony hearts.

MI said something, "Even great artistes make fake art until they realise who they are."

All I can say is, I am more inspired now than I ever was before. Thanks to you guys.

SHE-BLAYZE WAS HERE.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 9:19am On Sep 05, 2013
@ princesa cheesy are those tears real? If it means anything, his death was quick but sadly painful.
@Irshittabey, is Irshittabey a ma or sir?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2013
ayd91:
Lol,I really love my anonymity on nairaland, I love it when people dont know if I am a ma/ a sir, I just get laughing,especially when I am refered to as a sire.
Anyway I am a 'ma'.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by onegig(m): 10:24am On Sep 05, 2013
ayd91:
you should have known it was a ma.. Which man hears praises and is moved to tears? :-P You could always know by their pattern of speech and choice of words.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2013
well i wasnt moved to tears cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by onegig(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2013
princesa: well i wasnt moved to tears cool
then you are a man. . Lol,
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2013
Irshittabey:
Lol,I really love my anonimity on nairaland, I love it when people dont know if I am a ma/ a sir, I just laugh,especially when I am refered to as a sire.
Anyway I am a 'ma'.

cheesy well noted, ma.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2013
onegig: you should have known it was a ma.. Which man hears praises and is moved to tears? :-P You could always know by their pattern of speech and choice of words.
cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Shugamania(f): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
princesa:
curiosity they say, kills the cat wink

do you want the one from supreme or Dr. Cow grin

As long as it's ice cream, i dont mind nurse cattle sef.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Shugamania(f): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
Irshittabey:
Anyway I am a 'ma'.

Wow.. Surprise..
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
onegig: you should have known it was a ma.. Which man hears praises and is moved to tears? :-P You could always know by their pattern of speech and choice of words.
When was I moved to tears by praises,I cant remember
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Shugamania:

Wow.. Surprise..
Really? I guess I pretend well
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by onegig(m): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Irshittabey:
When was I moved to tears by praises,I cant remember
sorry.. Mistook you for she blaze. . She was the one that posted that. Pardon my mistake.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
All this poets that dnt want this thread to hibernate for good, are we having an after party or what?cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
princesa: All this poets that dnt want this thread to hibernate for good, are we having an after party or what?cheesy
nna eh...biko help me and ask them well o!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by DonOms(m): 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
princesa: All this poets that dnt want this thread to hibernate for good, are we having an after party or what?cheesy
Well, you could ask that again. I stumbled upon here again & I realised some poets are still "freestyling."
kennikazi:
nna eh...biko help me and ask them well o!
How about you now Kennikazi? You too sha post something now. *smiles*
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
Don Oms:
How about you now Kennikazi? You too sha post something now. *smiles*
i wait for the sun to set
for the writing gods to awake
for my cigar to inspire me
for my ink to darken
before i fill this blank page
before i bless you with my words
but until then,
i need to smoke some weedcheesy...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by classicdea(m): 1:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Roger that princy, Poetry after party it is.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by classicdea(m): 2:01am On Sep 13, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]I'm lost, Lost in a world filled with road signs
Questioning my questions like how is it why?
Stumbled down the road, I lost my footing when I walked away from the solid rock
Drawing up negative things, yh I know very much that I suck
Help me I'm lost, lost in a home filled with family and friends
It feels all staged shouldn't every movie have an end
How this was gonna wrap up depended on how the song began,
The growing evil in heart pointed fingers at my roots
I planned to weed it out but I was still enjoying all her fruits
Who could have known bad tasted so good
I tried to ship my thoughts away but I kept drowning in her pool
I couldn't reach out to my father cos I was still holding on to you
I scream Jesus take the wheel cos she keeps driving me crazy
I don't want the lead role no more, I want you as the star
Lighting up these dark roads and holding me in his arms

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by philtrum(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2013
MOD wen is next season? abeg
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=philtrum][/quote]

Undecided.

Most likely next year.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / My Short Drama Script- Paranoia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.