Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,106 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40408 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
An0nimus: So much potential in this. Welldone Cuddlemii. *following*
you should participate, I will be your cheerleader wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Creative thinking indeed Cuddles, you never cease to amaze me...grin grin

Maybe I could try doing something out of my comfort Zone *hides*
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by akko: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
..nice work
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ortopazz(m): 2:35am On Jul 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Creative thinking indeed Cuddles, you never cease to amaze me...grin grin

Maybe I could try doing something out of my comfort Zone *hides*

+++unleashes his Bazooka++ deny I havnt caught u, white handed.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:19am On Jul 03, 2013
~FEEDBACK~

Topics:
-just a reminder that the first stage of the competition requires you to submit your own poems.
Any title! Any style! Must be your original write-up!
-don't fuss too much about the topics I am releasing. That part of the competition is due in the second round.

Response Time:
I won't reply every comment.
But, I would collate the comments and provide general solutions/replies using the the Feedback mechanism.
90% of the time, the questions have been asked before. Read all feedback posted by me.

cuddlemii08@yahoo.com
**only if I am not virtually present**

@everyone: please, if you are interested in participating,
specify, indicating the role you are interested in.
**This applies to the designers**

Appeal: we still need more designers.
You do not have to be a graphics guru, as far as you love art, image, or design

Thank you!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2013
ortopazz:

+++unleashes his Bazooka++ deny I havnt caught u, white handed.
I was just passing by tongue
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 9:47am On Jul 03, 2013
Cuddlemii, u are crazy i tell ya...

This is beaurrrriiiiiifffffullllllllllll!!!

Masterpiece!

Well done!

lol
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by CrazyMan(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2013
Good thread cuddles, I'm hoping to particpate.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Olarewajub: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2013
Bring it on!!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 11:38am On Jul 03, 2013
I'm in!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
#in a tiny unsure voice#

am insmiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
princesa: #in a tiny unsure voice#

am insmiley

Princesa, how are you?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by MaziOmenuko: 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
I'm in. . .

Nope, not as a writer.

#Designer#
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Princesa, how are you?
am fine!
longest time! met ibkaye the other time, now you! grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
interesting.

I'd like to get involved if I have the time
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by firestar(f): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Okay, who's my designer?
God knows I need one hell of an artist to spar with. undecided

And oh... I'm sssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooo~ in. undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ITbomb(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
firestar: Okay, who's my designer?
God knows I need one hell of an artist to spar with. undecided

And oh... I'm sssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooo~ in. undecided
I wish I was still single
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by causewahala: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hmmmn! August, shey? Time to see if I still got it in me!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
ITbomb:
I wish I was still single
didn't know you weren't undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:09am On Jul 04, 2013
FEEDBACK

Officials Update: HumbledbyGrace, Assistant Judge & Coordinator (Trainee cool)
It is good to have a foreigner as part of the team, to create the balance.
Besides, more officials would make things easier and orderly.

Topic Release Schedule: the list would be out on the 11th of July, 2013.
This would give members ample time to prepare in advance.

Advantages:
-By the time you qualify to round 2, you wouldn't need to bother about writing afresh.
-You would probably just need to review and edit.
-You would have time to connect with your teammate(the designer)

Reminder: please, start working on your poems for stage 1.
The sooner the better. You don't need any guidelines from me for that.

@everyone: thank you for your interest and contribution.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
princesa:
am fine!
longest time! met ibkaye the other time, now you! grin

Yup!

I see her around once in a while.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
Orikinla: I am impressed.
Believe it or not, this is unprecedented in Nigeria. And Fidelity Bank Plc may want to be part of this competition since the bank is the leading supporter of Nigerian literary culture.
Send the bank a proposal to sponsor a prize for the winner.

Two thumbs up!

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate it.
But, please, I am only focusing on organizing the competition. Sponsorship can wait.
Probably if, I had my own blog for online events, I would have explored that option.
For now, please, let us focus on promoting writers, and enjoy the experience.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate it.
But, please, I am only focusing on organizing the competition. Sponsorship can wait.
Probably if, I had my own blog for online events, I would have explored that option.
For now, please, let us focus on promoting writers, and enjoy the experience.

Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea if he is willing to help.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea if he is willing to help.
would the sponsor reach those who are not in Nigeria? Say a winner is from S.A, the States, Kenya, Europe. How will the prize reach them?

I think if we go on the sponsorship lane there will be conflicts of interest.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: would the sponsor reach those who are not in Nigeria? Say a winner is from S.A, the States, Kenya, Europe. How will the prize reach them?

I think if we go on the sponsorship lane there will be conflicts of interest.

There are things called money transfer or gift certificates which can be used in a lot of countries.

And there is always the option of mail...not e-mail but DHL and stuff
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hmm...ok now this has gotten my attention.
But are we to look for our designers or you would bring a list of designers for us to pick from? *following*
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
There are things called money transfer or gift certificates which can be used in a lot of countries.

And there is always the option of mail...not e-mail but DHL and stuff
why can't we just focus on the creativity and togetherness this competition would bring? Its a first competition of this kind, this is more like a trial.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: why can't we just focus on the creativity and togetherness this competition would bring? Its a first competition of this kind, this is more like a trial.
I am not into the prize debate I am just telling how it will work if we eventually decide to add it
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am not into the prize debate I am just telling how it will work if we eventually decide to add it
was not debating either, was just trying to move the focus from the prize that's all.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
chistar01: Hmm...ok now this has gotten my attention.
But are we to look for our designers or you would bring a list of designers for us to pick from? *following*

I am not supposed to answer individual comments. But, I would oblige, just this once to clear the doubt.

No, you won't look for designers, but, we would pair you up with the fantastic designers we have.

Thank you!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Odunharry(m): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
this should hit d frnt page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.