Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy (9185 Views)

Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) / Charles Novia, Foluke Daramola In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Melancholy(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2013
bot101: Sahara Reporters is a news agency being manipulated by the western world to make Nigeria's image consistently blacker than coal.
Checkout the link in my signature below \/ \/
And what is essence of having good economy on white paper, not what all nigerians can boast for?
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by COOLDUN: 11:35am On Jul 02, 2013
Pedagogue: "Academic excellence does not make one a good manager of an economy, especially when such people are not grounded on socio-economic realities of the economy"

Well said bro.

Using economic policies that were designed and formulated by foreigners for their societies will not have the desired effects if imported to a different terrain...this is particularly so if there's a tangent difference of culture, work ethic and nationalism.

Her credentials as a former world bank VP has not worked any magic here!
How can she even improve our economy when her policies bear the imprimatur of IMF and World bank Chiefs! No country has ever and can ever be developed through that route!

@ Op, every 'news' on Saharareporters may not be credible - but I'm @ least glad they always bring our leaders down to their knees!!! That is something our over conservative newspapers do not do!

Well said, until we stop copying all these western economical ideologies this country will continue to be in comma. Thank you my dear.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by chris365(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2013
Kamsy10:

Its because of mentality like yurs that nobody tries to utter a word about what the rogues we have in offices are doing.
So the western people are the ones that tell our leaders to embezzle every dime in the treasury
D western people are the one creating unemployment
D western people pardoned the crooks that embezzled the money that belongs to me and you
D western people don't want to our roads to be good and people die on our roads on daily basis while life goes on
D western world make our leaders not to do anything about electricity abi
D list goes on and on

imho, I really thank God for sahara reporters because if everybody reasoned like you,blaming everything on western world, our case would have been finished
In conclusion, if it takes the western world to make our leaders (past and present) see how shamelessly they're running Nigeria, so be it.
Kudos to saharareporters for having some balls

In case you don't know the difference, Nigeria is as bad as its painted to be compared to the western world you're referring to

please before you continue ranting, read the story and point out 3 valid reasons that is new to us sahara reporters have made for saying Nigeria is broke.

Yes we know that PDP is killing this country which is why we need to vote another party. But it doesn't give any foreign media the right to make such an accusation with flimsy reasons and expect gullible and ignorant people like you to believe.

And the guy is right cos i live in SA and a lot of them have started saying all sorts of rubbish because of this careless report.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by udemzyudex(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2013
YEYE PEOPLE,DEM JUST DEY BARB MY HAIR WITH LIE

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Ajibel(m): 11:45am On Jul 02, 2013
I just love the sahara reporters. They tell their news without caring whose ox is gored. Simply they are the activist newscarrier. NLers wuld keep on hating on them satisfied with what our local newspapers have to offer

8 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
chris365:

please before you continue ranting, read the story and point out 3 valid reasons that is new to us sahara reporters have made for saying Nigeria is broke.

Yes we know that PDP is killing this country which is why we need to vote another party. But it doesn't give any foreign media the right to make such an accusation with flimsy reasons and expect gullible and ignorant people like you to believe.

And the guy is right cos i live in SA and a lot of them have started saying all sorts of rubbish because of this careless report.

First tell me what your're doing in SA before I reply you. If our economy was anything to write home about,SA should be the last place any Nigerian should even visit not to talk of living. I don't KNOW what people see in SA

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by ucheokpara100(m): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
it pains me tht nigerians are filled with brainwashed people and pastors are not helpin matters, hv u people been to other countries at all? and see how country is suppose to operate? y 're some people jst surporting shit, this leaders are d same rat killing u and blowing u preeze, sahara report is d reality!

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by akandea(m): 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
I may not be able to ascertain the veracity of sahara reporters, but you need to live in Nigeria to know that with all the noise the FG is making above developments and improve economy reverse is the case in reality. Is it a sane and sincere leadership where the offenders are exonerated and celebrated while the victims are punished and ridiculed? "Oil subsidy,the cabal and the masses", pension fund and the unpaid pensioners to mention a few. I guess our rulers feels we have short memories, so it is our duty to tell them we never forgot what they've have done and still doing to us the masses

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Demdem(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Only the foolish believes what Ngozi says. Her legendary lies during the subsidy palaver is still fresh on my mind.
She is a born liar.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by nwaniSOC: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
chei: Who are we to believe: a seasoned economist and administrator or a harem of vindictive gonzo journalists and hagiographers?
We bliv truth.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by chris365(m): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kamsy10:

First tell me what your're doing in SA before I reply you. If our economy was anything to write home about,SA should be the last place any Nigerian should even visit not to talk of living. I don't KNOW what people see in SA

where i travel to do business is not your concern, enev chinese, russian, US, EU citizens come to Nigeria to do business.
As far as am not a drug dealer nor on the wrong side of the law, i see no reason to be afraid of doing business in SA.

To be honest i didn't vote for Jonathan cos i knew his poor performance in Bayelsa before he became VP, I voted for buhari (which i now regret). But if we are going to condemn the government lets condemn the government without taking the country down with it.
Saying Nigeria is broke without substantial proof puts the country at grave economical risk and other consequenses that might follow.

2015 is not far and i bet you the same people that are crying will still vote for PDP when the time comes. Maybe we have depended to mush on foreign media doing the fight for us and forgeting that we are the ones to cast the vote. (and trust me, they are doing a great job at pulling down the country while the governments are still intact)
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by akandea(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kamsy10:

Its because of mentality like yurs that nobody tries to utter a word about what the rogues we have in offices are doing.
So the western people are the ones that tell our leaders to embezzle every dime in the treasury
D western people pardoned the crooks that embezzled the money that belongs to me and you
D western people don't want to our roads to be good and people die on our roads on daily basis while life goes on
D western world made our judiciary system so corrupt: if you steal billions,you pay back few thousands and go free, steal a bb from a politician, you get 35 years in prison.
D wetern world asked Farouk to be sleeping in court while he was on court trial. Of course he knew the end from the beginning if not why would someone with such an allegation have a peace of mind to be sleeping IN COURT during his trial.
Don't forget Ibori was declared innocent in NIgeria but for the intervention of the western world.
D wetern world asked our leaders to keep borrowing money and not doing anything meaningful with it. Everyday our economy has improved,our economy has improved. Yes I agree it improves all the time for those in aso villa.
Everyday we recover Abacha's loot. What happens to OBJ's loot, IBB'S loot, other governors apart from ibori. Sorry they're innocent.
D list goes on and on

imho, I really thank God for sahara reporters because if everybody reasoned like you,blaming everything on western world, our case would have been finished
In conclusion, if it takes the western world to make our leaders (past and present) see how shamelessly they're running Nigeria, so be it.

In case you don't know the difference, Nigeria is as bad as its being painted when compared to the western world you're referring to

It annoying when I listen to some people that either compare failure and suffering or cast blame on others for things they are guilty of. Let place the blame where it should be place, our leaders are the reason we are in this mess and not the western anything. Very soon it will be the fault of the Maritans. Did we vote for the western countries to rule us or are they the ones proving to us their ineptitude and corrupt stricken minds on daily basis. The western world have in place sytems that works and they are reaping the dividends of good government that Nigeria is devoid of. So pls!! I have no business with any western country, but I have with our rulers who are defaulter on their promises and vows.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by dondaddycares(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
SR, unemployment rate aint high only in Naija. You operate from USA,pls kud u tell us d unemployment rate in America and compare it with d rate in Naija and don't forget d fact dat USA is d world power and economy,Naija no even be Africa power... Bros abeg park well, No country is a bed of roses,Naija is passing through a phase;there'll be light@d end of d tunnel
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Tintinix: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Demdem: Only the foolish believes what Ngozi says. Her legendary lies during the subsidy palaver is still fresh on my mind.
She is a born liar.

My thinking is that neither she or the Dienzi or the presidency lied during that period, what I kept hearing them say summarily were the cost of the subsidy to Nigeria, the ordinary people who are impacted and the 'cabal' benefitting from the subsidy and what the funds recovered could be used for. However my question repeatedly was since they had identified the source of the drainage, why not address from that point, why push it to the masses.. The reason became clearer after much protest the release of the names of the subsidy thieves and the rest is history... Most of the indicted cases are lost in litigations and then the farouk drama that closed our eyes to the actual issues.. In hindsight I now see that it may have been to avert all these (especially with the repeated use of the word cabal to avoid naming someone and end up in court and stall the subsidy removal) that the decision waking up January 2011 that the announcement may have been made.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by keemness(m): 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
dondaddycares: SR, unemployment rate aint high only in Naija. You operate from USA,pls kud u tell us d unemployment rate in America and compare it with d rate in Naija and don't forget d fact dat USA is d world power and economy,Naija no even be Africa power... Bros abeg park well, No country is a bed of roses,Naija is passing through a phase;there'll be light@d end of d tunnel

Guy...even d light at d end of the tunnel...nepa don carry am...

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by samkoro: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
bella berry: These sahara people and their lies

Sahara reporters have lost so much credibility in news matters.I used to respect them,but not again.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by gentlegg(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kamsy10:

D western world made our judiciary system so corrupt: if you steal billions,you pay back few thousands and go free, steal a bb from a politician, you get 35 years in prison.
D wetern world asked Farouk to be sleeping in court while he was on court trial. Of course he knew the end from the beginning if not why would someone with such an allegation have a peace of mind to be sleeping IN COURT during his trial.
Don't forget Ibori was declared innocent in NIgeria but for the intervention of the western world.
D wetern world asked our leaders to keep borrowing money and not doing anything meaningful with it. Everyday our economy has improved,our economy has improved. Yes I agree it improves all the time for those in aso villa.
Everyday we recover Abacha's loot. What happens to OBJ's loot, IBB'S loot, other governors apart from ibori. Sorry they're innocent.
D list goes on and on

In case you don't know the difference, Nigeria is as bad as its being painted when compared to the western world you're referring to
God bless you my dear. Is only a myopic reasoner will side Okonjo Iweala against sahara reporters on this one. Sahara reporters is my favorite online news agency. Definitely they can't be flawless but are far better than all these trumpeters of government propaganda called National dailies. Those guys know how to logically dissect our moronic government. Am 100% with Sahara reporters on this roforofo fight between them and our deplorable honourable minister.
Believe it or not, Nigeria government under Jonathan is just an epitome of corruption and sickening graft beyond the sky.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Shekson(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
chris365: But seriously, it's high time government starts dealing with this SR. I don't see the connection between OBJ's regime and Jonathan's to justify that Nigeria is broke.

Which country doesn't borrow to finance it's development projects. Even the US had to borrow 2 trillion dollars to dund it's budget last year.

And since when is it a crime to translate our savings to Niara?

And which oil cartels are they talking about? The numbers of importers that have been reduced to38 or so.

Since when were workers not owed their salaries even from the time of military regime till now?

And look at their excuse:- that because Nigerian soldiers are begging for food in mali shows that we are broke. Are these people stvpid or what do they take Nigerians for.

Another reason they gave is that boko haram has killed our economy.

Is this not the same SR that said that boko haram overan and took over a military baracks in Baga? If this people have been bought over by any politician they should please say so because this is unbecoming of a serious news organisation.

It reminds me of lie Mohammed.

Sahara lieporters are bunch of bullshits seeking publicity. Where is D̶̲̥̅̊ proof of D̶̲̥̅̊ govt deepin into D̶̲̥̅̊ pension fund? Rather than present us with proof, they are slamming obvious s**ts. Who doesn't know D̶̲̥̅̊ state of the economy? Dat gives no right to some bunch of people to start xploiting dat for publicity. Γ̥ attack one of the country's finest brainz? No hating. Ngozi is one of the best Naija has to EXPORT
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by omenka(m): 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
lucenzo: who still reads sahara reporters?

People with brain size bigger than peanut.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by arciyke: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
A-ZeD:
When I see the account statement of Nigeria, I'll pass judgment.
One point Sahara reporters made is the fact that she claimed paying off the debt was beneficial to the country: I'd like to hear her defend that action now.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by farem: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
lucenzo: who still reads sahara reporters?
[color=#990000]
You just did!
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by omenka(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
This country is on life support and it would take a man who gives a damn to bring it back from the brink of death!
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Omen100(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kamsy10:

Christian or Chris, please answer the question Kamsy10 has thrown at you, then I will know weather to take you serious.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by omenka(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
dondaddycares: SR, unemployment rate aint high only in Naija. You operate from USA,pls kud u tell us d unemployment rate in America and compare it with d rate in Naija and don't forget d fact dat USA is d world power and economy,Naija no even be Africa power... Bros abeg park well, No country is a bed of roses,Naija is passing through a phase;there'll be light@d end of d tunnel

Away with all that mediocrity!! Given what we are blessed with, the country deserves to be a bed of roses! Stop excusing those pathologically corrupt rulling class.

If the legislooters, who do nothing but sit in the chambers exchanging banters and on rare occasions, fists, and read newspapers, then get paid tens of millions at the end of the day, lie in beds of roses, imagin how much more ordinary citizens who toil and bust their humps day and night deserve. But then, with all they deserve, They ask nothing more than a little food on the table, at least 18hrs electricity daily, potable water, access to quality medicare, and roads not ridled with potholes. Is that too much to ask??

And as for ur question, the unemployment rate in the US is 7.4%, that of your light ap the end of the tunnel country is 23%!
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by lozanni(m): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
The Minister of Finance was very much needed when we were discussing with multi-national Banks Organisation to write off our huge foreign debt. She, Mrs Okonjo-Iweala was able to do this by getting our foreign debtors to write-off our debt in one lump-sum, although critics of this move said that we were actually cheated as some of the debts had been re-scheduled to run for many years and that compounding the lump-sum we paid to them will actually give a higher amount to the foreign debtors at the end of the day.

However,after the above debt write-off arrangement, the minister has been largely redundant and this was initially noticed by President Obasanjo, hence he re-shuffled his cabinet and moved her to different ministry.

I am surprised that President Goodluck Jonathan brought her back and not only made her the Minister of Finance again, but also the Coordinating minister of the economy We have since seen how her appointment is properly coordinating the economy, especially now that our main source of foreign exchange earning (Crude-Oil) which earns over 90% of our export earnings is under threat through the discovery of Shale Gas by the USA and China, two of our main crude oil buyers. Shale Gas can be used as an alternative source of energy to crude-oil, yet there is no response to this by the coordinating minister of the economy undecided
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Omen100(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kamsy10:

Christian or Chris, please answer the question Kamsy10 has thrown at you, then I will know weather to take you serious & hear me out, I hope, you are not one of those jobless quick cash making drugs Barron Nigerians who are constituting nuisance in S.A

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
JUO: name secret cult
pdp cabal
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by chris365(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omen100:

Christian or Chris, please answer the question Kamsy10 has thrown at you, then I will know weather to take you serious & hear me out, I hope, you are not one of those jobless quick cash making drugs Barron Nigerians who are constituting nuisance in S.A

i purposely ignored your first question until you rephrased it and suggested that am doing drugs... And i must say sir that you are very S:TUPID and an I.DIOT for that.

If you are not ignorant you would know that even citizens of the richest coun
tries in the world travel to poorer ones to make a living. Even if Nigeria becomes the strongest economy in africa, it will not stop anybody from going to do business or find work in lesser ones. I don't need to explain what am doing in SA to you before you can use your brain to critically analize the extent of damage that cheap and poor assessment of our economy Sahara Reporters is doing to Nigerian reputation abroad and not the government.

Just give me 3 valid reasons they stated that is new to us right from military regime for them to say Nigeria is broke. I marvel at the quality of brains our schools dischage these days.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by mlane: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
SAHAREPORTERS IS IN ALLIANCE WITH APC TO SPREAD FALSEHOOD. GET THAT RIGHT!
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Rossikk(m): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kamsy10:

D western people don't want us to have good roads and people die on our roads on daily basis while life goes on
D list goes on and on

Damn thoughtless stooge.

Is Nigeria the only developing country on earth? The ''advanced world'' makes up only 20% of the entire global population. Most nations are in development and it is nothing to beat us up about, or be ashamed about. So please spare us your ignorant crap and garbage.

And YES, Sahara Reporters are there to MISINFORM, DEPRESS, EXAGGERATE, LIE, AND BESMIRCH the Nigerian nation and govts.

''Sahara Reporters is supported by grants donated by the Ford Foundation which has donated $175,000 to the organization over the past two years. Sahara Reporters has also received a $450,000 grant from The Omidyar Foundation (owned by the founder of Ebay).[2][3]''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara_Reporters

Do you know anything about the Ford Foundation?

Do you really think the Ford Foundation wants to see a better, more prosperous Nigeria?

Why do you think they are sponsoring Sahara Reporters?

Olodo. This was the same way the oyibos deceived your ancestors and got them to hand over their lands to them. ''Ah.. we love you. We want to protect you. Let's form a Protectorate! That way all your enemies cannot invade you!'' Before you know it, you've signed away your territory to them. Same trick. Different angle. Today they've come with Sahara reporters. Same trick: We love you. We hate your corrupt leaders. Let's show a different way! Intent: To destroy your country, scatter your resources, break your spirit, perhaps initiate a war etc. But like your naive ancestors, you are deceived by their pretence to care about you. When will you start to use your brain?? The minute you see 'Ford Foundation' next to 'Sahara Reporters' it should ring all sorts of alarm bells in your head.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Omen100(m): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
samkoro:

Sahara reporters have lost so much credibility in news matters.I used to respect them,but not again.

Okay. I can see, so you are telling us now that Sahara Reporters once gained your respects/credits when they uncovered the mysteries behind the late President Yar Adua illness & Turai's bullying & kicking the then vp. Jonathan in his face? Or when they also uncovered James Ibori's illicit properties in the UK, especially the Bentley's Saga? And they started loosing credibilities because they(Sahara Reporters) reported the state of the Nigerian economy which our able sister from Delta state happened to be the coordinating minister?

My dear, next time ensure you reasoned logically before you engage yourself in an argument of these standard.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by internetpo(m): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
Good to know. at least sahara reporters are now doing what the opposition parties are supposed to be doing.

Though I don't entirely belive all they are saying, I beleive this will keep the govt. on their feet. We are watching.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With Lagos State Govts. Flood Helpline / Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC / Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.