Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,663 members, 7,840,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important (12477 Views)

The Story Of Jesus Christ / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / Christianity : Religion Vs Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by WildChild00(m): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
nijanigga: See what's happening in Egypt can this ever be in Nigeria? Religion has been used to sapped the Nigerian people's emotion,if churches and mosques are the solutions, Nigeria would have been a great country. When you see "men of God" flying private jets and riding flashy cars,while their congregations live in abject poverty,while promising them prosperity if they give to "God".
Live: Crisis in Egypt.
source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23159066

We Nigerians are more religious than any country in the world, that is the main reason why religion leaders take advantages of us and the society to enrich themselves, unemployment, lack of basic aminities just name it, what is going on in Egypt is an eye open to all Nigerians following the news of social media, Bbc, Cnn etc, religion leaders are the ones killing this country.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
[b]
all4naija: Religion is a belief by man as a way to reach his creator. Jesus claims, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes unto the father except through me". So, there is no much difference between Christianty and religion, which both are ways to reach a God.
The topic should be between Christianity and religion, not Jesus Christ as a leader.
funny... Dos believin in urself makes u a "religion"? 4 christ sayin he is d way, dat dos nt mean he's a religion.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
manuell1021: funny... Dos believin in urself makes u a religion? funny... Dos believin in urself makes u a religion? funny... Dos believin in urself makes u a religion? 4 christ sayin he is d way, dat dos nt mean he's a religion,
He said he is the WAY not the creator(how can that be believing in yourself?), he claimed he is the TRUTH not for the truth, and he said he is the LIFE while he died like evry other human being and hasn't been seen for long.

It is a fairy tale like every other religion, my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
manuell1021: [b] funny... Dos believin in urself makes u a "religion"? 4 christ sayin he is d way, dat dos nt mean he's a religion.
How is Christianity now believing in oneself? When and where did Jesus Christ claimed to believe in himself? ...No man comes unto the FATHER except through ME.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: He said he is the WAY not the creator(how can that be believing in yourself?), he claimed he is the TRUTH not for the truth, and he said he is the LIFE while he died like evry other human being and hasn't been seen for long.

It is a fairy tale like every other religion, my friend.
christainity is just a word from human nd i dont c it as a religion but ways of livin life lyk christ. Hope u knw dat. As 4 u sayin jesus is dead dat is nt true, jesus did nt die nd he's nt human lyk u nd i, u may nt c him but u can feel him in ur life.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by burgeo5050: 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=raystanley] NOW I CAN SEE THE GUILT, IS CHRIST SEPARATING HIM SELF FROM THE RELIGION? THEY BOTH ARE INDEFERENCE DEAR... THANKS TO THE WORLD, THAT WE ARE NOW ABLE TO kNOW THAT RELIGION IS THE WORST THING THAT HAs HAPPENED TO MAN KIND![/quote
ur on point man.I don't do religion but I believe in God.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Sunday4ars(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
Christianity is a way of life,they are first called christian by their total ways of life. Jesus is not a religion leader,no! He came to give His life for us to live. Religion is a way men try to reach God, Jesus is God reaching men

2 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Yujin(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
adconline: I said to a very religious friend of mine Jesus Christ was not a Christian, because Christian was coined in Antioch after Christ's death.
Logically you are right but fundamentally you are not. 1 and 1 could equal 2 or 1 still, it depend on the operator used.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Boss13: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Kaywhy1: Jesus is far different from religion and also xtian is not a religious, jesus said in John 14:6, ''and jesus said, i'm the way, the truth and the life, no one can come to father exept through me'' Jesus is far different from religion and also xtian is not a religious, jesus said in John 14:6, ''and jesus said, i'm the way, the truth and the life, no one can come to father exept through me'' Jesus is far different from religion and also xtian is not a religious, jesus said in John 14:6, ''and jesus said, i'm the way, the truth and the life, no one can come to father exept through me''

My friend christianity is a religion. See below

re·li·gion/rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Show Spelled [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
manuell1021: christainity is just a word from human nd i dont c it as a religion but ways of livin life lyk christ. Hope u knw dat. As 4 u sayin jesus is dead dat is nt true, jesus did nt die nd he's nt human lyk u nd i, u may nt c him but u can feel him in ur life.
You are very gullible, my friend.When has Christianity become a word? I would be very interested in what this word is all about. The book proved he was killed, resurrect and went to heaven. More like a child fairy tale.

All Christians are brainwashed and keep waiting for what will not happen. It is a shame some modern people still reason that way.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by burgeo5050: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
Its high time we stop doing religion cause nothing good comes 4rm it.if all human can show love to one another,I believe that the world will be a better place.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
Sunday4ars: Christianity is a way of life,they are first called christian by their total ways of life. Jesus is not a religion leader,no! He came to give His life for us to live. Religion is a way men try to reach God, Jesus is God reaching men
Who is the FATHER he talked about if he is God? ...No man comes unto the FATHER except through ME.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by donlyone(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lovely piece, I enjoyed every line of it.

This reminds me of Kumuyi's son's wedding, while there is nothing wrong with wearing a WEDDING GOWN or MAKE-UP, it became a scandal as they have prevented others from wearing them. RELIGION, they just pile up unnecessary laws to make people see themselves as holy.

Luke 11:46 is right on point.

@ Op, you have blessed me with the Word of God, may God increase you in wisdom, knowledge and grace in Jesus name, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Kingharzyz(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
no insult plss.... Can someone help me with this question, did jesus ever call himself God or Lord ? and did he told us to call him God or Lord? I stand to be corrected..

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by adconline(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
careytommy:
ofcourse, Jesus wasnt Christ-like. He is Christ.
can i be careytommy-like?
The point is that Jesus Christ didn't institute/endorse any religion before the He died.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by thorpido(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: Christians being Christ-likes are just follower of a religion for the fact that they communicate with God. The other way round just the same way other communicate with fairy tale or legend.

So, it is a religion. If it is not a religion what is it?
you don't understand but maybe someday u will.Jesus didn't bring religion but brought what no religion could bring.He brought 'eternal life'...Zoe!No religion offers eternal life.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by thorpido(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Very on point Frosbel....though I disagree with some of your comments sometimes.
This is so on point.

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by thorpido(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
King harzyz: no insult plss.... Can someone help me with this question, did jesus ever call himself God or Lord ? and did he told us to call him God or Lord? I stand to be corrected..
'Ye call Me Master and Lord: and ye say well;for so I am'(John 13:13) and 'I and My Father are One'(John10:30).There are other examples.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by osifred(m): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
When Africans became more religious than the whitemen that brought the religion. I knew it was a fraud..osifred

3 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by waldigit: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: Who is the FATHER he talked about if he is God? ...No man comes unto the FATHER except through ME.

Father is the GOD the father, there is a triunion being called GODHEAD who self exist in trinity in the universe. The 3rd person therein is Holy Spirit. This 3rd person in one (triunion being) has the following nature that makes them unique from the rest of self-conscious life: each of them is omnipotent, omniscience, omnipresent and eternal. These unique feature is called deity nature. God the son is Jesus Christ who was refering to God the father as 'father' not in the way of earthly father.
The easiest way to understand this is to take time to study satan aka devil. It is easier to find devil than to do GOD. As soon as you discover the truth about the devil, you shall see it will be easy to understand GOD. In simple logic once there darkness there must light also once there is fake there must be original. Shalom
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
waldigit :

Father is the GOD the father, there is a triunion being called GODHEAD who self exist in trinity in the universe. The 3rd person therein is Holy Spirit. This 3rd person in one (triunion being) has the following nature that makes them unique from the rest of self-conscious life: each of them is omnipotent, omniscience, omnipresent and eternal. These unique feature is called deity nature. God the son is Jesus Christ who was refering to God the father as 'father' not in the way of earthly father.
The easiest way to understand this is to take time to study satan aka devil. It is easier to find devil than to do GOD. As soon as you discover the truth about the devil, you shall see it will be easy to understand GOD. In simple logic once there darkness there must light also once there is fake there must be original. Shalom

There is ONLY ONE GOD who is the ancient of days, and there is ONE MESSIAH his SON Jesus Christ and there is ONE SPIRIT , the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

God is not 3 , God is ONE and he is YAHWEH, the ONE and ONLY , UNEQUALLED, MIGHTY AND GRACIOUS CREATOR.

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
chaloner: i love this , keep it up. kissing you grin

thanks, but I am a married MAN ooo grin

I know it was a joke.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
thorpido: Very on point Frosbel....though I disagree with some of your comments sometimes.
This is so on point.

thanks, please disagree with me when your conscience tells you otherwise, the word of GOD and the Spirit of GOD must always have the LAST SAY.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by indoorlove(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
omaigala: Shout out to all those callous sanctimonious, holier than thou, sinless bigots.

Listen; Human beings are God's treasures, if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

Quit judging and help people, that's the essence of being on earth.

After all, there was no indication that the good samaritan was a christian. At least the bible didn't say that. But he was applauded by Christ for a singular act of lending a helping hand.

You just can't be a xtian and give preferential treatment to some people and leave others.

You can't be a christian and not help a fellow. E.g our G.Os toward OJB and others in need.

You can't be a xtian and not give people food from ur heart.

Original christians don't look down on anyone except they want to help them up.
This wonderful post of yours remind me of a particular Man of God who was hell-bent on nt rendering help to his sister because she belong to another religion.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by waldigit: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

There is ONLY ONE GOD who is the ancient of days, and there is ONE MESSIAH his SON Jesus Christ and there is ONE SPIRIT , the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

God is not 3 , God is ONE and he is YAHWEH, the ONE and ONLY , UNEQUALLED, MIGHTY AND GRACIOUS CREATOR.

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
I sincerely hope we are reading the same bible and being led by the same Spirit. Shalom
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by surplussurplus: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
you must live in wilderness.cos Jesus has no home
timilehin007: How do I live like Jesus abeg
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by alexleo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Many good points in this write up. Good lessons to learn. This is what I call teaching and not the mudslinging of churches and insulting of pastors by frosbel. Pure teaching that leaves the reader to judge himself where he belongs and make amends where neccessary. And as we can see, the response so far from nairanders is devoid of the usual insults and war of words.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
alexleo: Many good points in this write up. Good lessons to learn. This is what I call teaching and not the mudslinging of churches and insulting of pastors by frosbel. Pure teaching that leaves the reader to judge himself where he belongs and make amends where neccessary. And as we can see, the response so far from nairanders is devoid of the usual insults and war of words.

insult pastors ? Have you now added lying to one of your vices ?
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by AbuMikey(m): 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
I nor get time for too much talk!!
Like I would always say, "I believe in God,but I don't believe in religion!!"
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by alexleo(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

insult pastors ? Have you now added lying to one of your vices ?

Are you denying that you insult pastors here frosbel? Too bad. Even several people have warned you about this in various posts. Are you denying this? Too bad.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by trolling(m): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
religion is a weapon of mass destruction and that is what would bring about world war 3, where one third of world population will be wiped off,the illuminati knows this,google Georgia guide stones
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
alexleo:

Are you denying that you insult pastors here frosbel? Too bad. Even several people have warned you about this in various posts. Are you denying this? Too bad.

if you call exposing frauds as insulting, you may have a point.

For example those pastors who bear the title reverend, I wonder who gave them the authority to be revered when the bible emphatically states that the greatest among us should be the least.

smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service / Pastor Ignila Gives Botswana Widow $1000, Gives Her Son Scholarship (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.