Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,882 members, 7,838,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important (12476 Views)

The Story Of Jesus Christ / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / Christianity : Religion Vs Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by omotayokay: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Thanks for posting this. God bless
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by alexleo(m): 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

if you call exposing frauds as insulting, you may have a point.

For example those pastors who bear the title reverend, I wonder who gave them the authority to be revered when the bible emphatically states that the greatest among us should be the least.

smiley

And you think name calling is the best way you can throw a light to whatever wrong you think they are doing? And by the way, am not also keen about the reverend thing. Now compare your teaching pattern and the pattern used in presenting here. You ll see a clear distinction. While your own is geared towards attack and mudslinging, this one is geared towards educating people. That's all am saying. Learn how to educate and when u do, accomodate disagreement because I can't accept what am not convinced about, likewise others.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by donlyone(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
alexleo:

And you think name calling is the best way you can throw a light to whatever wrong you think they are doing? And by the way, am not also keen about the reverend thing. Now compare your teaching pattern and the pattern used in presenting here. You ll see a clear distinction. While your own is geared towards attack and mudslinging, this one is geared towards educating people. That's all am saying. Learn how to educate and when u do, accomodate disagreement because I can't accept what am not convinced about, likewise others.

Name calling, mudslinging, are you sure we're looking at the same thread?

The author presented his facts well, and I admire his delivery, I have not seen the things you mentioned in the original article or his replies, maybe you should read it again.

If you find this piece offensive, you should check yourself and make necessary adjustments.

At the author,
I love your writing, the bible is distasteful to many even in the church, they prefer the teaching of men of God even if such teachings are contrary to the bible.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Easy1401(m): 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
Christianity is not a religion but the way of life...
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by alexleo(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2013
donlyone:

Name calling, mudslinging, are you sure we're looking at the same thread?

The author presented his facts well, and I admire his delivery, I have not seen the things you mentioned in the original article or his replies, maybe you should read it again.

If you find this piece offensive, you should check yourself and make necessary adjustments.

At the author,
I love your writing, the bible is distasteful to many even in the church, they prefer the teaching of men of God even if such teachings are contrary to the bible.

Sorry you don't understand the issue. I am using this thread which I consider well presented to compare other threads he has opened in this section which are not well presented. If you read my first reply to this thread you ll see that I commended the presentation. Pls learn to read a post well before commenting. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by bokohalal(m): 1:30am On Jul 04, 2013
surplussurplus: you must live in wilderness.cos Jesus has no home
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:00am On Jul 04, 2013
Christianity is a religion. No amount of written or verbal specious distortions or sophist rationalizations would ever negate that fact. Please, quit this delusional fallacy which I've observed is far more common among deluded christians than any other religious group: amusing people with exceptionalist delusions. Stop embarrassing yourselves with all these "christianity is not a religion" drivel.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by maliso: 4:05am On Jul 04, 2013
how can u live ur life like christ if u r nt a christain
manuell1021: in oda word neva act lyk a religionist nor a christain but live ur life lyk dat of christ nd everytin will b alright.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by ono(m): 5:25am On Jul 04, 2013
ono: I'm reading Steve McGregor's book: The Future Fortold and I'm like many are generally ignorant about the forces we contend with in this world as humans. Like I stated in one of my entries in the religion board, humans are not warring against ''flesh and blood'' that we see with our biological eyes, equipment and the likes.

We're contending with forces whose ultimate goal is the ''destruction of mankind in this world, and in the world to come'' And, at the head of these forces is our arch-enemy, the Devil. Thank goodness even the muslims know that he is an un-welcomed guest in every home and society.

One Shymexx said he's left ''religion'' for some 4-years now. I said to myself, wow! The guy, whoever he is, is ''almost'' there. The remaining bit is Jesus, call him Isa (muslims) or whatever. That's the name that send chills down the spine of the evil one and his forces. Thank God for a way out for mankind. We're powerless without Jesus. We can't do anything against the Devil without Jesus. Our knowledge and skills and training etc is useless without the help of Christ Jesus.

We all need to come to that consciousness that religion (Islam or Christianity or whatever) will do us all no good. Deliberate efforts must be put in by every human on earth to allow Jesus become his personal Lord and saviour in this world. This is the only way out. This is not some born again gist and stuff. You have to allow Jesus into your heart and life with every sense of urgency and sincerity of heart.

When you go to any congregation where you hear the teachings of Jesus and the word of God is preached- undiluted and how you can be saved, don't get carried away by the politics and hierarchical arrangements (religion) there. Just restrict yourself to the worship of your saviour, master and deliverer - Jesus our Lord. Listen to the word of God. Fill your heart with Love for God and Christ and your fellow men and all will be well.

That was my post on something related to Frosbel's write up last year.

I am happy many people are seeing ''religion'' for what it is. God be praised. Jesus said in the last days the knowledge of God's word will fill the earth as the waters cover the sea. Praise God! He's coming soon! Lets be ready.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by omodave(m): 7:18am On Jul 04, 2013
i like this article bro keep it up, and how i wish people will understand this without contraditing it
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by trolling(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2013
Obi1kenobi: Christianity is a religion. No amount of written or verbal specious distortions or sophist rationalizations would ever negate that fact. Please, quit this delusional fallacy which I've observed is far more common among deluded christians than any other religious group: amusing people with exceptionalist delusions. Stop embarrassing yourselves with all these "christianity is not a religion" drivel.
yes christianity is a religion and a weapon of mass destruction,the Knight Templars were/ are christians,check out their history of wars btw religion in latin is religio which means to hold back and conceal the truth
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by alexleo(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2013
ono:
When you go to any congregation where you hear the teachings of Jesus and the word of God is preached- undiluted and how you can be saved, don't get carried away by the politics and hierarchical arrangements (religion) there. Just restrict yourself to the worship of your saviour, master and deliverer - Jesus our Lord. Listen to the word of God. Fill your heart with Love for God and Christ and your fellow men and all will be well.

Yeah you are right and this is also my stand. However, What frosbel usually advocate for(not in this particular thread) is that we should leave our churches and this is very wrong and different from what you are saying. If those of us who understand these issues we discuss here run away from churches like frosbel, how then can the thousands of church goers who don't have this understanding be influenced positively? How many of those members access the internet to read up things or buy books outside of the ones written by their pastors. I don't believe in jumping from one denomination to the other. I prefer influencing a positive change wherever I am. Thanks.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2013
alexleo:

Yeah you are right and this is also my stand. However, What frosbel usually advocate for(not in this particular thread) is that we should leave our churches and this is very wrong and different from what you are saying. If those of us who understand these issues we discuss here run away from churches like frosbel, how then can the thousands of church goers who don't have this understanding be influenced positively? How many of those members access the internet to read up things or buy books outside of the ones written by their pastors. I don't believe in jumping from one denomination to the other. I prefer influencing a positive change wherever I am. Thanks.

uhmm, I never asked anyone to leave their churches, stop misquoting me, appears you are on a rampage of slander.

I simply make the point that we cannot trust what the pastors or reverends are telling us in these last days, we MUST always test their doctrine and teaching with the word of GOD.

So far , many of their teachings have been found to be wanting and inclined more to the traditions of men than the doctrine of Jesus.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by nora544: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2013
I feel that there must be people who have the power to say something against this so called great man of god.

The problem i see is, that are only few people try this here on nairaland.

I had a discussion with a very good friend about religion in nigeria he knows also about the problem but he has fear to say something against this so called great man of god. He knows that all what this pastors and bishops tell is not okay but when there is a group of people who could go on the streets to show what is right that could help that this so called gread man of god lose there power.

The next think is every person can make his own church, and i know there are so many churches in nigeria and every church tell the people i can help you i will make you rich, i will give you money, i will give you a car, i will give you a job.

The people in nigeria have to learn that a better life for them didnot come from praying and fasting a better life comes from hard work and when god see that people work hard than they will have a better life.

The problem is also that pastors preach something about driving a car with no fuel sorry that is not possible.
Pastors preach give me all you money what you have in your pocket and when you at home after church it will be 10 times more than you give to me. God is no money maker.
Pastors preach about cars and ask the people if they want such a car, and the people who say yes didnot know how this car looks.

The next is that pastors, bishops, prophets.... all make this prophecy when people pray and fast than this will not come, what will not come.

This pastors bishops...... only want that the people come to church for this and that but this keeps the people away from there work because you cannot pray the hole night and than go to work that is not possible.

Every pastor want that the people joine there programm but this pastors dont see that the people have to go to work.

I never hear that one of this so called great man of god say something against the goverment that they spend money for something what is not important, they never say something what would help the poor in this country and that is also a problem.

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by donlyone(m): 9:44am On Jul 04, 2013
alexleo:

Sorry you don't understand the issue. I am using this thread which I consider well presented to compare other threads he has opened in this section which are not well presented. If you read my first reply to this thread you ll see that I commended the presentation. Pls learn to read a post well before commenting. Thanks.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.

To people saying Christianity is a RELIGION, it is not a religion, rather, its a RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. That is why we are called the CHILDREN OF GOD.

Christ came to reconcile us to God. Jesus taught no religion, instead he taught us how to live our lives right, and how to please God.

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by thorpido(m): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2013
Obi1kenobi: Christianity is a religion. No amount of written or verbal specious distortions or sophist rationalizations would ever negate that fact. Please, quit this delusional fallacy which I've observed is far more common among deluded christians than any other religious group: amusing people with exceptionalist delusions. Stop embarrassing yourselves with all these "christianity is not a religion" drivel.
people hate and condemn what they don't understand.You remind me of the early medical discoveries.People condemned those who came up with such possibilities and even supported that they be put to death for even announcing such.There were scientists who were even condemned by their colleagues.
Whether you understand it or not,Christianity is not a religion!

Maybe someday you will...

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by alexleo(m): 10:26am On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel:

uhmm, I never asked anyone to leave their churches, stop misquoting me, appears you are on a rampage of slander.

I simply make the point that we cannot trust what the pastors or reverends are telling us in these last days, we MUST always test their doctrine and teaching with the word of GOD.

So far , many of their teachings have been found to be wanting and inclined more to the traditions of men than the doctrine of Jesus.

Nobody is on rampage of slander just that u seem to dislike people disagreeing with you. And because you say too many things you forget what you ve said and when its mentioned you tag it slander or lies. If what am saying is not true how come many others in this forum are also confronting you on this same issue? You better change because I will always disagree with you in what am not convinced.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by mko2005: 10:31am On Jul 04, 2013
indoorlove: This wonderful post of yours remind me of a particular Man of God who was hell-bent on nt rendering help to his sister because she belong to another religion.
Every one trying to criticize ! The same thing you accuse people of that you are guilty of !
God help us
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by mko2005: 10:35am On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel:

The holy one frosbel !
The ALL KNOWING AND TRUTHFUL FROSBEL !
Your write up is kool ! But if the intent is to criticize(u know in ur heart) other than to win souls for Christ,pls know that it is religious !
God help us

2 Likes

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Rick9(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Wooow i am so much in Love with this post,
Reason is that if you look at most christians now they aint serving God the right way they are following what thier religious leader say, and neglecting the word of God. For instance most people dont know the reason why they go to church and sometimes i wonder what they go to church to learn, in every ceremony you will find dem there but they aint living the right way. We christians need to retrace our steps. And start living like christ.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by mko2005: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2013
Rick9: Wooow i am so much in Love with this post,
[b]Reason is that if you look at most christians now they aint serving God the right way they are following what thier religious leader say, and neglecting the word of God. For instance most people dont know the reason why they go to church and sometimes i wonder what they go to church to learn, in every ceremony you will find dem there but they aint living the right way.
We christians need to retrace our steps. And start living like christ. [/b]
The one who knows the people serving God the right way ! This post should help us not to be religious and judgemental rather it is bringing out the religiosity in us ! I think it's good anyway.

God help me to control my mouth and my (negative)thot concerning people !

God help us all
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The holy one frosbel !
The ALL KNOWING AND TRUTHFUL FROSBEL !
Your write up is kool ! But if the intent is to criticize(u know in ur heart) other than to win souls for Christ,pls know that it is religious !
God help us

Thanks for the sarcasm.

As a former member of a cult and religious organization in excess of 10 years, having escaped death once from the throes of Apostolic faith church, having almost lost my family because of deeper life, I have now been made free, in my freedom I can now see the lies, the bondage, the demonic possession, the hypocrisy , the fake MOG , etc and I am angry, not for me but for others.

My mission is to write up or post articles that align with my experiences and to tell God's children to come out of religion and follow JESUS, to throw away the doctrines of men and cleave to the doctrine of Christ.

Jesus did not come to start an organization or a religion, he did not come to set rules and regulations, he did not come to add burdens to our lives (Matthew 11:28) , he came to set us free, to teach us about love and how to love others even our own enemies, he came to make disciples that will reflect the true character of GOD , who will in turn reconcile MEN to GOD.

Jesus never implemented his own agenda, he always implemented the fathers agenda, yet today we have many so called MOG with conflicting agendas, rules, regulations and outright scamming of Gods children.

I will not stop this mission till the very end, I know that in the process many MOG and their itching ear MAN worshiping members will be angry with me, abuse and slander me, but I do not care, the truth has to be exposed.

smiley
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by mko2005: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel:

Thanks for the sarcasm.

As a former member of a cult and religious organization in excess of 10 years, having escaped death once from the throes of Apostolic faith church, having almost lost my family because of deeper life, I have now been made free, in my freedom I can now see the lies, the bondage, the demonic possession, the hypocrisy , the fake MOG , etc and I am angry, not for me but for others.

Jesus never implemented his own agenda, he always implemented the fathers agenda, yet today we so many so called MOG with conflicting agendas, rules, regulations and outright scamming of Gods children.
I will not stop this mission till the very end
Animosity should be kept aside !
The word of God said we should be angry but sin not ! If you allow anger to stay up with u for long you know rage,malice,hatred for persons will eat you up. Then where is the love. Do not be like the Egyptian army that did the right thing yesterday but the wrong way ! You can save us with ur write up yet might not make it after all. Correct people with love. Pray for the ones you see as ur enemies today(MOG'S and other religious people) You might have the message who knows but i sure care about ur soul. Love conquers all !
God help us all

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Animosity should be kept aside !
The word of God said we should be angry but sin not ! If you allow anger to stay up with u for long you know rage,malice,hatred for persons will eat you up. Then where is the love. Do not be like the Egyptian army that did the right thing yesterday but the wrong way ! You can save us with ur write up yet might not make it after all. Correct people with love. Pray for the ones you see as ur enemies today(MOG'S and other religious people) You might have the message who knows but i sure care about ur soul. Love conquers all !
God help us all

There is malicious anger and righteous anger, I am righteously angry just like Jesus was when he chased away the tithe thieves from the temple of GOD.

My anger is not constant or any everyday thing, it is only displayed when I see injustice and wickedness.

MOG are not my enemies, I do not consider them greater than me or lesser, we are all MOG or WOG , there is no respect of persons with GOD, Jesus warned us not to take up titles , yet MEN have acquired titles and status to themselves in direct contrast to scripture.

I dare say a great majority of these MEN are scam artists.

smiley
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
I can see my 'arch enemy' Bidam watching but not contributing grin grin

just joking.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by shdemidemi(m): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
^^^^^ bidam is a funny dude grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus did not come to start an organization or a religion, he did not come to set rules and regulations, he did not come to add burdens to our lives (Matthew 11:28) , he came to set us free, to teach us about love and how to love others even our own enemies, he came to make disciples that will reflect the true character of GOD , who will in turn reconcile MEN to GOD.

But it is this same Jesus that says hell is real and "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". Why don't you agree with that statement of Jesus
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by shdemidemi(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bidam: But it is this same Jesus that says hell is real and "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". Why don't you agree with that statement of Jesus

I agree with you on this bro.
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel: I can see my 'arch enemy' Bidam watching but not contributing grin grin

just joking.

smiley
grin If by saying the truth i am your enemy so be it bro..
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bidam: But it is this same Jesus that says hell is real and "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". Why don't you agree with that statement of Jesus

Indeed, weeping and gnashing of teeth in Gehenna after the great white throne judgement and not before.

Also it does not say what the cause of their weeping is, I think they will weep in regret and pain to see that those sinners and gentiles ( dogs ) they rejected and looked down on are the ones given immortal life and entrance into the kingdom of GOD , while they who are supposed to be the children of the kingdom are destined to be destroyed in the second death.

"But many Israelites--those for whom the Kingdom was prepared--will be thrown into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."" - Matthew 8:12
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bidam: grin If by saying the truth i am your enemy so be it bro..

truth ? Is the tithe as practiced in many churches today TRUTH ?

smiley
Re: Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important by mko2005: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel: I can see my 'arch enemy' Bidam watching but not contributing grin grin

just joking.

smiley
We have just one enemy-satan !

God help us to love even those who hate us and mistreat us !

God help me for i am a sinner too !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / Pastor Ignila Gives Botswana Widow $1000, Gives Her Son Scholarship (Pics) / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.