Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State (18646 Views)

Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) / Flood At Igando Today (pictures) / Flood At Onitsha Market As River Niger Rises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by dapachez: 10:00am On Jul 03, 2013
It is quiet commendable the road construction been carried out in benin city and its environs but the big issue now is the drainage issue which could be a clog in the wheel of progress.

The drainage channels need to be worked on as once it rains for over an hour the flog that follows is overwhelming. It rained yesterday tuesday the 2nd of july and from uselu shell (uselu motor park area) to uwasota area was flooded up to saint patricks catholic church.

It was so bad that the flood spilled from the oshiomole part of the road tho the federal government part of the road. The drainage actually seperates both sides of the road.

Something needs to be done so that these roads won't get bad under a short period of time

1 Like

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by dapachez: 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
More pictures

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by homesteady(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Chai!! See St. Patrick!!

3 Likes

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by AbuMikey(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
Come Ekpoma.make you see wonders of Erosion!!

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 04, 2013
I was there live wen it was rainin, the road will soon return to its old state if they (RCC) leave site without a proper drainage system.#fact
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by DANILSA(m): 9:17am On Jul 04, 2013
Calling Oshiobaba right away
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by WIZGUY69(m): 9:21am On Jul 04, 2013
may God help Nigeria!! There is no place in this country that rain will fall and it will nt affect the drainage system of that place!! We dey suffer o!!
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by fitzmayowa: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2013
Edo is flooding Adams is working grin

5 Likes

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Leo2flex(m): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2013
As usual,Adamu na your turn oooo send your Boys make them go do am quick
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by AbuMikey(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2013
Na contractors dey cause these Wahala oooooo!
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Castos(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2013
It's gonna dry up very soon.
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by anonimi: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2013
Whose responsibility is it to keep the drainage REGULARLY clean so that rain water can flow freely?
The state or the federal government
Should comrade governor not employ scores of people with supervisors and managers to ensure this is done every day

Yet we go dey blame Jonathan for unemployment!

Interesting!!!

3 Likes

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by akatonero(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2013
Up oshiomole!!! grin grin grin
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Cestmoi1(f): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2013
there was a day i spent close to 25mins on dis road on my way to uselu market.tot twas unda constructn.dis is ao it usually is during rainy season.
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by uruomostephen(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2013
Edo state is far beter down Asaba come to Asaba, and see what is going on u wil know Edo is beter.
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by AreaFada2: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2013
This is FG road.

They have been preventing Oshiomhole from facing that road.

This is the problem with a too powerful FG. They sit in Abuja not knowing anything about what's happening to people at the grassroot.

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by eldoradoxx: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2013
The story of Edo state is like that of a man who has never tasted sugar or honey before. Was only used to salt until he had a taste of sugar; and now wouldn't let the whole world rest from the news of his exciting discovery that something tastes better than salt which he hitherto believed was the best to hit his taste bud, never knowing that there is something much more better and sweeter than it; Honey . Until after Oshomole came to power good roads were hardly known in Benin and environ. Osho came and did some road expansion, walkways, some water fountains and flowers and did street lights in parts of the Benin city and Auchi and everybody went up with the sugar induced excitement not knowing that honey is there . I ve been Benin for 3 months now and I commend Osho for the little achievements, but I must say that Adams is over praised compared to the level of achievements on ground vis-a-vis other states that the Governors are silently revolutionalising the state infrastructure for instance Enugu. A visit to many parts of Benin leaves you with eyesore as to the rationale behind the media hype Oshomole and many Acn Governors (except Fashola) are enjoying. Go to Ikpoa Oka area, the Agbor road area, Aduwawa etc, virtual no go road exists there. Yet Chime of Enugu has tarred "almost" every road within the city I used to know of as deplorable as a young boy tha grew up in that state witout any single media hype. Oshomole still has much to do in Edo. Almost nothing is heard of in rural and semi Urban areas of Ekpoma and the length and breath of Esan land.

11 Likes

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2013
Area-Fada:
This is FG road.

They have been preventing Oshiomhole from facing that road.

This is the problem with a too powerful FG. They sit in Abuja not knowing anything about what's happening to people at the grassroot.

lol...

Blame it on the FG..

Other states are building Federal roads and getting reimbursed for it, while some states are still sticking to the old excuse of pointing fingers..

ACN.. I hail o!

5 Likes

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by sylve11: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2013
These governors dont have vision. cool

1 Like

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by madanne4real: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2013
That is the price we pay for voting PDP and not ACN.
eldoradoxx: The story of Edo state is like that of a man who has never tasted sugar or honey before. Was only used to salt until he had a taste of sugar; and now wouldn't let the whole world rest from the news of his exciting discovery that something tastes better than salt which he hitherto believed was the best to hit his taste bud, never knowing that there is something much more better and sweeter than it; Honey . Until after Oshomole came to power good roads were hardly known in Benin and environ. Osho came and did some road expansion, walkways, some water fountains and flowers and did street lights in parts of the Benin city and Auchi and everybody went up with the sugar induced excitement not knowing that honey is there . I ve been Benin for 3 months now and I commend Osho for the little achievements, but I must say that Adams is over praised compared to the level of achievements on ground vis-a-vis other states that the Governors are silently revolutionalising the state infrastructure for instance Enugu. A visit to many parts of Benin leaves you with eyesore as to the rationale behind the media hype Oshomole and many Acn Governors (except Fashola) are enjoying. Go to Ikpoa Oka area, the Agbor road area, Aduwawa etc, virtual no go road exists there. Yet Chime of Enugu has tarred "almost" every road within the city I used to know of as deplorable as a young boy tha grew up in that state witout any single media hype. Oshomole still has much to do in Edo. Almost nothing is heard of in rural and semi Urban areas of Ekpoma and the length and breath of Esan land.

1 Like

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Intrepid1(m): 9:52am On Jul 04, 2013
This is a small something. Come to Dolphin Estate (a high brow residential area o!)or Obalende near the High Court when it rains and see real flood.

1 Like

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by bellaberry: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2013
Na wa oh. This stuff from last year wanna repeat itself.
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by ogunjimiwalefat(m): 9:54am On Jul 04, 2013
infact no easy to b a nigerian
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by ibiali(m): 9:56am On Jul 04, 2013
when were dese pics taken.....shame!
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by free2ryhme: 9:59am On Jul 04, 2013
This is no news back then in school and till tomorrow Ugbowo has and will always be a red sea ...
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by tok2sob: 9:59am On Jul 04, 2013
WIZGUY69: may God help Nigeria!! There is no place in this country that rain will fall and it will nt affect the drainage system of that place!! We dey suffer o!!

It's our old mentality of turning our waste in the dranage that cuase the problems. Its clair to us all that the dranages are there.
The question is why are they block and are part os the reason why they are block
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by gebest: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2013
dapachez: It is quiet commendable the road construction been carried out in benin city and its environs but the big issue now is the drainage issue which could be a clog in the wheel of progress.

The drainage channels need to be worked on as once it rains for over an hour the flog that follows is overwhelming. It rained yesterday tuesday the 2nd of july and from uselu shell (uselu motor park area) to uwasota area was flooded up to saint patricks catholic church.

It was so bad that the flood spilled from the oshiomole part of the road tho the federal government part of the road. The drainage actually seperates both sides of the road.

Something needs to be done so that these roads won't get bad under a short period of time
NOTED FOR ACTION PLEASE.

1 Like

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2013
eldoradoxx: The story of Edo state is like that of a man who has never tasted sugar or honey before. Was only used to salt until he had a taste of sugar; and now wouldn't let the whole world rest from the news of his exciting discovery that something tastes better than salt which he hitherto believed was the best to hit his taste bud, never knowing that there is something much more better and sweeter than it; Honey . Until after Oshomole came to power good roads were hardly known in Benin and environ. Osho came and did some road expansion, walkways, some water fountains and flowers and did street lights in parts of the Benin city and Auchi and everybody went up with the sugar induced excitement not knowing that honey is there . I ve been Benin for 3 months now and I commend Osho for the little achievements, but I must say that Adams is over praised compared to the level of achievements on ground vis-a-vis other states that the Governors are silently revolutionalising the state infrastructure for instance Enugu. A visit to many parts of Benin leaves you with eyesore as to the rationale behind the media hype Oshomole and many Acn Governors (except Fashola) are enjoying. Go to Ikpoa Oka area, the Agbor road area, Aduwawa etc, virtual no go road exists there. Yet Chime of Enugu has tarred "almost" every road within the city I used to know of as deplorable as a young boy tha grew up in that state witout any single media hype. Oshomole still has much to do in Edo. Almost nothing is heard of in rural and semi Urban areas of Ekpoma and the length and breath of Esan land.

My thoughts exactly.

@op
However i hear the flood usually drains within 30 minutes or thereabout, so could you confirm if it still same today.

1 Like

Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by onyeguy: 10:44am On Jul 04, 2013
Chai naija dey suffer oh. Hmm
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by Fabfunki(f): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2013
the benin pple re too rough sef,anyhow sha,oshiobaba is tryin because only . Man cannot transform edo state......if u go dere u wuld knw wat i am tlkin abt........d revenue dat the FG allocates to edo is small @ least compared wit rivers nd akwaibom.....oshiobaba is tryin......
Re: Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State by stpat1(m): 10:57am On Jul 04, 2013
Abu Mikey: Come Ekpoma.make you see wonders of Erosion!!

Where in Ekpoma?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Passengers Protesting Non Availability Of BRT Buses At Ogolonto Terminal - Photo / Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law / Wes Payment Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.