Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? (5132 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Visa Experts is a scam / How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 10:08pm On May 24, 2006
men i don't area 90 percent, na wahhh and as scorpio said, am even tired to type
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by kimba(m): 10:31pm On May 24, 2006
Oga Nuru,

If I were in the shoes of your friend, if it was luck that was shining on me to get a Canadian Perm. Residency etc, I would advise him to take it, for the sake of his children(below):

ril sorry to say this, but the Nigerian educational system is nothing to write home about. I once met someone who was so happy to have finished B.Sc Computer science, and just before NYSC, he had to go enroll in a computer school to take up a 3-months "Computer Appreciation" course. the ? is what did he do for 5-years in Uni?

With the 400k your friend is getting in an oil services company, he cant afford to send his kids to schools abroad for Univ education and have them live too-comfortably. With his new luck, they'll be entitled to whatever benefits are available for them. Nobody knows where they might end up in future, and he wont want to bite his finger then and say "had i known", More so, if they are still in sec schl(at least 1/2), twould be a good start, and by the time they are like 21/higher, their minds will be open, they'll get a good education which they would be proud of, and would thank him for later in life, they would be able to stand for themselves, the "default corrupt Nigerian attitude" will be almost gone, and they would value money that is hard-earned. What i would advise, is, like others have said, take a leave of absence, like some months, or even a study leave,,,,say he's going for a masters or phd in whatever in canada, anyway, since he has the Res.Perm, his company wont ask him too many questions. He could just say, hes going to study. Ok, before 1-year, he would have settled his folks down, and then he'll return to his job. kaput

within his leave period, if he can land himself a higher paying job, fine, but I know he wont want to loose the Nigerian connection as a man, but all the same, his kids need it.

goodluck anyway
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 2:11am On May 25, 2006
true talk @Kimba
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by mamaput(f): 2:43pm On May 25, 2006
The best thing is take a very very cheaap room there rent it to a friend as a co tenant and just show up once in a while so that the paper will not die.
I think in Germany if you stay out for like 8months to one year(am not sure) your paper will die.
Many people just come and go to save that paper .
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 1:41am On May 26, 2006
If this topic never die,

@liketoo,

Sorry but think things might have been tuf for you o

I live in Canada, I make more than 60k and have been here for <2yrs.

And even though a lot of people's homes are mortgaged, most of my colleages that are my age mate, 30year olds (the ones that are happily married, dont do drugs, buy snowmobile every year and have some common sense) and that have been working for 7-8 have about paid off their mortgage in 7 years or just have 2-3 yrs to go and already have over 300k in equity (cash they have already paid that is theirs

I dont know too many legit working class Nigerians that dont have "connection" that will own a house worth $400k (50million naira) at 30-35 years o

na my own b dat
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Scorpio(f): 1:56am On May 26, 2006
Abeg help me tell d guy jor, just cos they end up with worst experiences which prolly happened by mixin with the wrong crowd, they'll sit here n be condemning the country.
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 3:01am On May 26, 2006
@ajadudu , why r u still in canada sef?
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 4:47pm On May 26, 2006
@hotstepper

I no understand ure question o, abeg explain, expand explode the question.

grin grin grin
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 9:29pm On May 26, 2006
my question is clear and sound, I would just assume u ain't good with da slangs, da question is "WHY ARE YOU STILL IN CANADA?
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 11:39pm On May 26, 2006
I understand the slang "r" and "u"
haba
I just wasnt sure of da reason for d question, so to answer, "to make mo' money and not look over ma shoulders", dats y
so y are U still in Canada?

Abeg Nuru sorry o, for hijacking and discussing off topic,
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 3:46pm On May 27, 2006
i wasn't compaining about canada, i asked u da question cuz of all u've been saying, and wat makes u think u can't make more money in Nigeria huh, hopefully, after ma skool, i dey heard 4 9ja 2 make ma money, lol
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 5:37pm On May 27, 2006
ok, most be some mix up, coz everything I said about canada was positive o, and yes you can make money in Naija, loads, but I want to be able to spend my money without erecting a 20ft fence and run and park my flashy cars once it is dark for fear of hijack,

been there done that, it was no fun for me.

By the way isnt it just a lovely day today in TDOT? I notice ppl never talk about the HEAT in Canada during summer, I was weak my 1st summer when temperatures were constantly above 30'c and ppl getting heat stroke, wasnt canada supposed to be deep freeze?
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 5:52pm On May 27, 2006
yes oooooo, da heat is sumthing, lol, guess there is no in between here but itz been raining and getting on ma nerves, lol, itz really hot 2day sha dat i have been visiting da shower quiet often, lol
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Badman888(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2006
yup gets so hot over there in da summer and it hasnt fully started cheesy
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Liketoo: 11:58pm On May 27, 2006
No, I did not come in with no paper, i am a citizen, Most people abroad lie about the truth, When you live abroad , you do not own your house, IT is the bank that own i, You borrow money from them to pay back for about 20 or more years, But because the way the system is set up , most people never pay it off in 25 or more years, People dont tell you this, I am tell you from my experience, A home in anada cost about $250,000, You cant affort to put down that money, because except if you stole the money, Because of the tax system, for people who make 50,000 above the tax is above 45% of your income, and everytime you buy anything you pay another 15% called GST and PST, one of the highest paying person in canada is the premier minister, he get $108,000 , imagine how much the common man or average graduate make, so remove 45% from the premier minister and also remove 15%, and you would see how much he makes, Do you know that 90% of people in America and canada, do not pay for thier children education. thier children collect loan from the Banks call OSAP. depending on where you live, and the child have about 10 years to pay back. if you doubt me, my brother do your research, I went to school in Nigeria, I did not have to borrow loan,

2, My brother,, WHY did Madella go to jail, was it not because he was black?? It is not only in South Africa , it is everywhere, NO BLACK person would ever be the president of USA. so is Canada, They have good schools, but i would say but you pay thru our nose, The health care is ok. But you would never make any money, you would end up driving Taxi for the rest of your life, In the USA, you can live in many cities, in canada you cant, because most of the cities have population less than 1 million.
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Liketoo: 12:43am On May 28, 2006
Ajanadu, if you claim you do not do drug, what type of job , do you do, that you change over very fast, I know that most international degree are not accepted in canada. and most job would never pay you 60K for a 2 years expericence. I also know that you can not pay off a house in 7 years, except if you win the jackpot, Is there anybody from britain and america, would can also share a true experience, not people who want to lie and make themself look good, it is about given good advice. Brother again, do not resign your job, you would never get any good job in canada, Take the residence and come leave your children and wife, but go back home and come to see them , so that they would go to school here.
People lie about abroad, A lot of NIgerian get invlove in fraud, or 419, Type this to google, and see how many nigerian are in jail, Those of us, who want to make legal living go thru alot. And from what you have wrote, I do not think you are interested in plastic or ike, But if that is what you want to come here to do, it is also said to be an open market for people like that, but me. I live a legal life, And do not get involve for illegal things, but know that jail await you, if you come here to do illegal thing, they have camera everywhere , even on the street,
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Scorpio(f): 2:43am On May 28, 2006
No offence dude, but you need to STFU! if you're a citizen like u claim, how come u can't type properly? u sit on your lil desk n type in rubbish! yea i know that the bank gives u loans to start off payment on your house and all, but if u have a good paying job, u can quickly pay off your mortgage. you sit up there and tell me about Racism n ish, where in the world outside Nigeria(i never experienced racism there sha) is racism not experienced, tell me? Truth of the matter is, GET YOUR DEGREE, get d papers from school and tell me if your life wouldn't be different, they can't mess with you when they know that you can challenge them. when you sit in your lil house and wait on welfare, how d hell do you think you would be able to afford a good life or even talk to you lil manager down at mickey d's? Talking about cameras n ish, they are for protection fool! like y don't u just get enrolled in somn legal instead of cryin like a lil boy here. i'm sawrie, but your argument doesn't hold water. i ain't got d time to argue with you, because if i wanted to, i could show you(i said show you, not tell you) people who've made it here, not illegally, but legally, goin to school and workin just to make the paper. boy get up and do somn with your life, stop blaming the government, people like you make us pay more on taxes n ish just because u damn lazy!

after all i typed, i still luv u sha, but u got to quit messin with d wrong crew grin
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 2:48am On May 28, 2006
Liketoo, I am sorry if things were hard with you in Canada, but its not really the same for everybody. No, I don not do drugs (no need to try and insult me o) and I said I have been in Canada for 2 years, not that I have worked for only two years in my life, my work experience in total is almost a decade.

I am not sure where you get all your statistics, but I will send you some links that has actual data:

1)
Liketoo:

Because of the tax system, for people who make 50,000 above the tax is above 45% of your income, and everytime you buy anything you pay another 15% called GST and PST

Here is a link that debunks your claim, if you earn CAD$50,000 in Ontario, your average tax rate is 21.17%

http://www.ey.com/GLOBAL/content.nsf/Canada/Tax_-_Calculators_-_2005_Personal_Tax

2)
Liketoo:

Ajanadu, if you claim you do not do drug, what type of job , do you do, that you change over very fast, I know that most international degree are not accepted in canada. and most job would never pay you 60K for a 2 years expericence.

I did a simple check on one of the recruiters I use on monster that lists the compensation for the position, here are two for you:
http://jobsearch.monster.ca/getjob.asp?JobID=42656290&AVSDM=2006%2D05%2D02+13%3A58%3A27&Logo=1&cy=CA&q=gsi&sort=rv&vw=b

that pays up to $95,000 as a unix admin

http://jobsearch.monster.ca/getjob.asp?JobID=42656566&AVSDM=2006%2D05%2D24+08%3A44%3A33&Logo=1&cy=CA&q=gsi&sort=rv&vw=b

that pays up to $85,000 same unix admin

I don too type sef, in respect to people paying up their mortgage in 7-10 years, well its not a norm but I have met people who did it, you can believe or not like you can believe it is imposible to survive in Canada, you have your own opinion, but I will tell you this, a WHOLE lot of people earn MORE than 60k in Canada (what a laf).

So, liketoo, dont look at everybody that appears to have a good income as a criminal, it wont help you, me I thank God for my life.

Stop being bitter and move with the right crew.
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 2:49am On May 28, 2006
Scorpio, you took the words outta my mouth, I didnt even see your post
LOL
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Scorpio(f): 2:50am On May 28, 2006
no mind the boi jor, he's got serious issues grin
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by debosky(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2006
my advice is that he should consider carefully, i dunno where u guys got the 15 day a year thing, what i know is 2 out of every 3 yrs. there is a lot of taxation in canada but if you're smart and put your dough in an rsp or smthin, there are ways to save on the tax. anybody who is willing to work hard, with God's grace can make it in canada. it aint paradise tho
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Liketoo: 2:46pm On May 28, 2006
Ajanudu, I now know you are into 419,  Because People like you make people suffer abroad, 

My brother, who want to go to canada, I use to be a minister of the word of God for the redemeed christian church of God in Canada,  So if you like take my word, if you like believe people who live by deceit,  Monster website is full of 419 Job article claim this and this people written on this website are 419,  Because you can never be a unix administtrator, i work in that field , There is nothing like XP administrator,  Unix is an operating system used computer, 
I would share this with you brother, when i got here too, So call Nigerian and NIgeria pastor and so call Church member lied and did decieve me,   I did not know they were 419,  Seun, I advice you to delete this member,  Because this people are 419,

Brother,  Do not listen to ungodly advice,    even if you get over here, avoid Nigerian, they are into fraud, I do ask you to go to a non nigeria church most of the Nigeria church here are set up for fraud, 
if you sent me  a pm,  I would give you a call. and tell you my really name,  and you can call the redeemed headquater in Nigeria to verify my information,  This people above are 419, 

Seun do not allow 419 people to take over your website, they would destroy all your works, 

The links given are not govt links,  do a google check and look for govt site,  and for google type Premier minister salary,

Let me give you a clue to salary in canada, a new graduate get about $36,000 a year,   average salary of engineers is about $70,000 with many year experience, 
On the issue of Racism, please do your research . Toronto largest newspaper is call toronto star, they published last year or 2 years ago, that black people get arrest more than white by police in a country , where the population of black is 1%. Check google to verify this information,   The former  world heavy weight champoin lewis is a canadain, left canada because of racism ,  Black  population in jail is about 37% of the prison inmate , where the population of black is only 1%,  So do the maths yourself,    here is the link show the Statistics of racism in Canada.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/nov2002/tor-n13.shtml

There are good part of canada, they have good health care, apart from this, itis not a place to live. and i have a good job, and i wish i have stayed in Nigeria. Good road network, it is more of a wonderful place to live if you are white,

Seun, you do not want FBI link your website with scam or 419, they now can come to Nigeria and pick you up, this govt sign and agreement with the USA govt,  So delete people like this,  this people may also be nigeria lawyer looking for foolish client to use in their immigration scam,   

And on the issue of the house my brother, we are talking of a 3 bedroom house, Do you think you want to spend 25 years paying for a 3 bedroom house,  "Yara meta"  25 years you can never reclaim again.  Mortage is like slavery , you get into it, you are over with your life,  The bible says wisdom is profit to direct,  You see you have only one life to live, and you better live it well,  if you spend it working just to pay for 3 bedroom you have made a stupid decision,  If you have have 3 rooms in Nigeria, you are considered poor,  So brother, I would rather live in a mansion in Nigeria paid for, than one useless 3 bedroom abroad,   I am sharing my decision with you,  Abroad is a place to work , not a place to live,  Only stupid nigerian would do not know how to invest would want to leave Nigeria permanently. Nigeria is a place to invest,  That why white man do not want to leave africa. if their place was that good, why did they come to africa?
You do not want to live the rest of your life under - 30 c temperature,  In the cool,  I am just sharing my own decision with you. it is your to make the right decision,  I love canadian. but I pity them too, 
Like i said it is a very very good place, if you are white to live,  But for us, with vision, we could live better,
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 5:33pm On May 28, 2006
@Liketoo, abeg take am easy with Canada ohhh, I am a very netural individual and sayz wat is wrong and good with a country including the one I live in. In all diz industrialized countries like CANADA, US AND UK esp. where black population is big, discrimination is alwayz 2wards da blacks nomatter wat. my dear, I dig u with the Nigerian churches, I am in support of it, My family personally goes 2 almost all white church with only 3 Nigerian families and about another 4 black families, I hate Nigerian churches here cuz itz all about 419 and make money datz bullshit, datz da way it in uk, us and canada, itz money 4 dem and 419, itz irritating seriously, ma experience ehhhhh, abeg make we 4get dem, churches in every corner of any warehouse
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 7:29pm On May 28, 2006
@liketoo ignorance is bliss

If you are a true "pastor" why do you judge so quickly? If someone does not earn minimum wage he is (according to your shallow thinking):

1. Drug dealer
2. 419er
3. White.

Please stop insulting me, I gave nuru my opinion based on fact and my experience mr "pastor" I didn’t slander you.

Seun, u have heard "pastors" advice, monster is a 419 site hurry up and delete all posts that makes reference to monster on your website o! B4 FBI will come and pick you up, hurry up capture my IP and forward it to them o,  grin grin grin

BTW what the heck are you mumbling here:

Liketoo:

Monster website is full of 419 Job article claim this and this people written on this website are 419, Because you can never be a unix administtrator, i work in that field , There is nothing like XP administrator, Unix is an operating system used computer,

?

liketoo, your ignorance and rigid mind set is what is limiting you.

You are living in denial and don’t want to accept the fact people can make legit good living even if the facts are presented you bring up your trump card "419".

If you had read my posts properly, I state clearly, you don’t have to work 15 years to earn 60k as you claim and I stand by that.

Are there people who earn 35k? Yes of cause a lot, but they have the opportunity in their hands to turn that around, if they take the responsibility of their situation in their own hands, and don’t live in denial and blame

Have a happy Sunday
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Scorpio(f): 7:34pm On May 28, 2006
chei! Reading is fundamental undecided
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Hotstepper(f): 7:35pm On May 28, 2006
well said my dear
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Liketoo: 12:13am On May 31, 2006
Scopia , do  not get me, wrong, for some people canada would be a wonderful place, but for a man making 400,000 a month,  He would never get the same treatment and position in canada,  if you are young canada is a very good place to live,  I LOVE CANADA,  To be honest with you,  I Am pround carry a canadian passport,  I have dual citizenship,  Dont get me wrong, what I am saying is that for a Man living big in NIgeria, he would never get the same treatment here, 

THis for Ajunudu,  I do not care what you said,  I believe you may be a thief. People  Like you make it difficult for people like me,  Who want to live honest life in canada,  You people come here and all you can think about is steal from hard working canadian who worked for their money,   One thing I love about canada is that there are security camera all over to caugh people like you,  If you decieve other, you are also a thief . I would like seun to post your IP, so I could locate you and call the police to arrest you,  You people make thing difficult for other NIgerian in canada and abroad, they now look at us as thieves. And we suffer discrimination, which i also have experience in the hand of the  canadian police and also immigration, while i was innocent.

Here are the good part of Canada, They have wonderful women,  Their women are really good,  they do not discreminate,  racism is main found among white men above the age of 40. most people below the age of 40 , do not care for the colour of your skin,  It is getting better in this area,  Thank to Jean cheriae, the former premier of canada, he was a wonderful man, most black people  here like him so much,  He is a good man, 

Canada have wondeful schools, About the best in the world,  Canada is a well plan country,  I love the design of most of its cities. But i hate mortage., man it is slavery,
I just hate mortage, i would love to build my house from the foundation like Nigeria,  Mortage is the thing i hate the most about this country,

Like I said Canada women are good, I mean really good, They make good wives, they are culture . Again, i would say, Canada women, are good, to be honest with you, canada is better to living than the USA, I have lived in both,  Thier women are really culture,  Good wife material.

The design of the cities is something you have to see. well plan,   Mortage is the only problem,  Housing kills, my people,  so expensive and difficult,

International degree would not be accepted, some may be. USA degree throw is in the toilet , canadian would not accept USA degree. even if it is from Havard or yale, they considered this degree as below canadain standard,

Nurses is the most easy place to find a job,  But you would need retraining,
Engineering, forget it,  Only electrical engineering , may be but with retraining. of other engineering proff , do not come here,  Medical doctors,  please this is not the place for you, USA is better. Pharmacy, Canada is the place to be,   computer science USA is better,  Nurses is the only prof , and it pays well, It is not like Nigeria nurses, over here they are well off, most of them have degrees. you can also teach kid, I teach kid s, how to play soccer, hope to take canada to the Under 17 world cup, joking, but may happen,

Even when you go back to school here, you may not get a job,  So someone telling you go back to school, trust me, it makes no different,  except if you want to become a nurse.

Unedited, i have no time to correct my mistakes,  Sorry people,
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Scorpio(f): 12:45am On May 31, 2006
The name is SCORPIO hun cool n like i said, Reading is fundamental!
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by OldGlory1(m): 2:59am On May 31, 2006
Lololol @ Scorpio
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by ajadudu: 3:10am On May 31, 2006
Are you sure you don't have dyslexia ?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not in one of your posts have you been able to spell my username correctly! Now its Scorpio ( now, don't think thats the only thing you got wrong  grin grin grin )

Liketoo:

THis for Ajunudu,  I do not care what you said,  I believe you may be a thief.   I would like seun to post your IP, so I could locate you and call the police to arrest you, 

I will just point you to the bottom of this post, you will see something called "Report to moderator" that will enable Seun to use his discretion as the moderator aight?

Anyway, no need arguing with you, with your IQ it WILL take over 15 years to make 60k true true. So I admit u are correct, I am wrong. Can it end now?

I also teach 5 year olds how to play soccer for a living are we level now?  grin

Ignorance is bliss, you must be having a ball!
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by bashali: 1:31am On Jun 02, 2006
ajadudu, what is the nature of your job,
Re: Friend Got Canadian Visa For Family: Should They Go? by Liketoo: 1:40am On Jun 02, 2006
Why don't you thank your stars that seun, did not post the Ip, if he did, I would really send you to jail,  I have done it before to you thievies, Seun, show us this man IP,  Unix administrator,  OLE,  XP administrator, you would have said ,  Or are you firewall Administrator, Mouse and keyboard Administrator, OLE,  Also Microsoft word Administrator,  and yahoo Administrator, you are also a Hotmail Administrator,    you think we are fools here,  Omo Ole,  You are just a common thief over,  and I never said I  teach soccer for a living,  I would alert The police tonight to watch this tread, the next time you login in your ISP provider would be contacted to give your location,  OLE,  I would teach you some good lesson. you would see my hand,  Omo ole.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help / My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi / Bahamas Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.