Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683385 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bamcyburg: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
Urgently please. How much is online Canada visa Fee... and after refusal do you have to pay for biometric fee ?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
bamcyburg:
Urgently please. How much is online Canada visa Fee... and after refusal do you have to pay for biometric fee ?

Question 1. 100 CAD
Question 2. No

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 11:39am On Apr 03, 2019
Phew got d visa o
Till now vfs has not sent a message my passport is ready
Visa was issued 3 weeks ago had to call them to find out it was ready
Tracking it online it shows processed for april 1
In all it took 7 weeks
Paper route
Lesson apply online
Holiday tinz o ....

12 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
drafrican:
Phew got d visa o
In all it took 7 weeks
Paper route
Lesson apply online
Holiday tinz o ....

WOW..Congratulations
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Temi231(f): 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
drafrican:
Phew got d visa o
In all it took 7 weeks
Paper route
Lesson apply online
Holiday tinz o ....

Congratulationssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jj17cv(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
@drafrican
Wow Congralations pls share your documents
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
Congratulations!!!!!!

Did you call VFS to confirm the visa was ready or.....?

drafrican:
Phew got d visa o
In all it took 7 weeks
Paper route
Lesson apply online
Holiday tinz o ....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
drafrican:
Phew got d visa o
In all it took 7 weeks
Paper route
Lesson apply online
Holiday tinz o ....

Big big biggest congratulationssssssssss. Very happy for you ooo

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
1)did not apply to usa at all when i did canada
2) bank statement me n hubby
3)work identification papers
4) birth certificates of kids (i was sure it was req on my family paper but others said it wasnt)
5)i had oda valid visas en file,uk 10yrs...
7) statement of intent
coolintent -TRV
9)drivers liscence
My visa time is shorter than all ve heard about 18 month...lol na dem sabi
I chatted with vfs online if u scroll down u will see it
Photocopies of past visas n all
DID NOT USE AN AGENT
I think thats about it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Supernatural198: 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
Congratulations ma,am so happy for you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jj17cv(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
@drafrican
Invitation or hotel ?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hello... Long Post alert on missionary journey
I had earlier shared my Visa application story and POE details

We (my 20 month old daughter and I) arrived Canada on the 25th of Jan. We stayed with a family friend in Mississauga

First was getting a hospital and doc to birth the baby, my host drove me to credit Valley which was the closest to us but their fee was CAD 4000/ night for mum and CAD 2800/night for baby.
We headed off to Oakville (Trafalgar memorial hospital) and their fee was CAD 3800/night for mother and CAD 2860/night for baby.

I had already called Scarbrough medical and gotten their bill which was CAD 1800/night for mother and CAD600/night for baby but it was quite a distance from me so we decided to head to Brampton Civic hospital

The lady at the registration desk was super friendly and helped me collate all doctors that take cash and international patients so I called them to get their fees.

I finally decided to go with doctor Nayla Khan, her office was just beside the hospital in the same building with Doc Ayodele
Her fee was CAD 3500 (normal delivery or CS) fee was Including all prenatal visits, delivery, epidural, pediatrician and post delivery visit. You pay this full amount at first visit. She however did not accept my tests from Nigeria so I had to redo them again at Dynacare lab and that cost me CAD67. She saw me every week till delivery since I came in at 34 weeks.

I had my baby on the 5th of March by Csection and it was a very fast and painless sugery. I had begged her to acess me after surgery and let me go after 24 hours and she agreed.
12 hours after birth my baby was jaundiced and they insisted he had to be taken to NICU. My heart sunk!! He was in NICU for 2 days but I was discharged after 24 hours and was given a complementary room in the NICU unit for the rest of the 2 days so I didn't have to pay for that.

I applied for the 4 in 1 birth certificate bundle for CAD 60 which arrived after 10 working days, I made a mistake on the form so it took longer to process.

We applied for the expedited passport and got it the next day. Thank God for Hotstepper who was very ready to guarantee me. Bless her heart

My contact at immigration proceseed the Visa On Arrival for baby and sent approval letter same day. Reach out to Hotstepper if you need help with this

We have added baby to our ticket and are leaving this weekend.

Summery
Hospital 2000/night mother and 2500/night baby because he was in NICU
Doc: 3500
Dynacare: 67
Birth certificate: Long and Short: 60
Passport(expedited): 107
Transport to and fro Brampton: 150
Circumsion: 175
Baby ticket: 77

Overall, it's been an amazing journey. I just wished they treated jaundice with less severity cos it eventually wears out on it's own. So baby alone cost me CAD5000 but he is hale and hearty
So choose a hospital close and cheapest to you to accomodate unforeseen expenses. Thank God it ended in Praise

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by amidee(f): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
drafrican:
1)did not apply to usa at all when i did canada
2) bank statement me n hubby
3)work identification papers
4) birth certificates of kids (i was sure it was req on my family paper but others said it wasnt)
5)i had oda valid visas en file,uk 10yrs...
7) statement of intent
coolintent -TRV
9)drivers liscence
My visa time is shorter than all ve heard about 18 month...lol na dem sabi
I chatted with vfs online if u scroll down u will see it
Photocopies of past visas n all
DID NOT USE AN AGENT
I think thats about it

Congrats!! Pls did you draw out an itenary for your application in the part that of Purpose of Travel segment
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
I used emirates wven though i know it expires in 48hrs
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by amidee(f): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
drafrican:
I used emirates wven though i know it expires in 48hrs

Oh. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MamaOO: 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
gingalady:

We (my 20 month old daughter and I) arrived Canada on the 25th of Jan. We stayed with a family friend in Mississauga

First was getting a hospital and doc to birth the baby, my host drove me to credit Valley which was the closest to us but their fee was CAD 4000/ night for mum and CAD 2800/night for baby.
We headed off to Oakville (Trafalgar memorial hospital) and their fee was CAD 3800/night for mother and CAD 2860/night for baby.

I had already called Scarbrough medical and gotten their bill which was CAD 1800/night for mother and CAD600/night for baby but it was quite a distance from me so we decided to head to Brampton Civic hospital

The lady at the registration desk was super friendly and helped me collate all doctors that take cash and international patients so I called them to get their fees.

I finally decided to go with doctor Nayla Khan, her office was just beside the hospital in the same building with Doc Ayodele
Her fee was CAD 3500 (normal delivery or CS) fee was Including all prenatal visits, delivery, epidural, pediatrician and post delivery visit. You pay this full amount at first visit. She however did not accept my tests from Nigeria so I had to redo them again at Dynacare lab and that cost me CAD67. She saw me every week till delivery since I came in at 34 weeks.

I had my baby on the 5th of March by Csection and it was a very fast and painless sugery. I had begged her to acess me after surgery and let me go after 24 hours and she agreed.
12 hours after birth my baby was jaundiced and they insisted he had to be taken to NICU. My heart sunk!! He was in NICU for 2 days but I was discharged after 24 hours and was given a complementary room in the NICU unit for the rest of the 2 days so I didn't have to pay for that.

I applied for the 4 in 1 birth certificate bundle for CAD 60 which arrived after 10 working days, I made a mistake on the form so it took longer to process.

We applied for the expedited passport and got it the next day. Thank God for Hotstepper who was very ready to guarantee me even though she had never met me before.

My contact at immigration proceseed the Visa On Arrival for baby and sent approval letter same day. Reach out if you need help with this

Summery

Overall, it's been an amazing journey. I just wished they treated jaundice with less severity cos it eventually wears out on it's own. So baby alone cost me CAD5000 but he is hale and hearty
So choose a hospital close and cheapest to you to accomodate unforeseen expenses. Thank God it ended in Praise

Concerning the bolded part, please don’t say that again sister. If you know the damage jaundice causes you will willingly allow them to keep your child as long as they can.

Both my babies stayed in the NICU for at least two weeks due to extreme jaundice! Instead of it to wear down as you said it would it kept jumping up until it peaked and eventually SLOWLY started going down. Jaundice can be deadly, depending on which type it is and cause kernicterus and trust me when I say I don’t wish that condition on anybody’s kids. (Google it for more info) The effects of the condition is so sever that eventually someone will wish they had spent the extra money and time at the NICU

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
Congratulations Gingalady,

Have a safe trip.

gingalady:

Overall, it's been an amazing journey. Thank God it ended in Praise

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2019
gingalady:

We applied for the expedited passport and got it the next day. Thank God for Hotstepper who was very ready to guarantee me. Bless her heart

My contact at immigration proceseed the Visa On Arrival for baby and sent approval letter same day. Reach out to Hotstepper if you need help with this

Summery

Congratulations! And thanks for coming back with your story.

How much is baby stay per night ordinarily (not in the NICU)?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2019
MamaOO:

Concerning the bolded part, please don’t say that again sister. If you know the damage jaundice causes you will willingly allow them to keep your child as long as they can.

Both my babies stayed in the NICU for at least two weeks due to extreme jaundice! Instead of it to wear down as you said it would it kept jumping up until it peaked and eventually SLOWLY started going down. Jaundice can be deadly, depending on which type it is and cause kernicterus and trust me when I say I don’t wish that condition on anybody’s kids. (Google it for more info) The effects of the condition is so sever that eventually someone will wish they had spent the extra money and time at the NICU

Yes dear, I know EVERYTHING there is to know. I am a medical person too and this was blood group incompatibility cos I'm blood group O and he is B. My daughter had it too and few days exposure to sunlight and very frequent feeding she passed the bilirubin out.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
mizGene:

Congratulations! And thanks for coming back with your story.

How much is baby stay per night ordinarily (not in the NICU)?

Baby is 600 per night

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MamaOO: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
gingalady:

Yes dear, I know EVERYTHING there is to know. I am a medical person too and this was blood group incompatibility cos I'm blood group O and he is B. My daughter had it too and few days exposure to sunlight and very frequent feeding she passed the bilirubin out.
Thank God you do. My kids had the same issue as yours. ABO incompatibility due to blood type incompatibility. I’m blood type O and the kids are B (compliments of my husband)

I’m not a medical personel but I had to learn as much as I can about the subject because it caused me a lot of grief. My first son had to get airlifted by Medical helicopter to a children’s hospital two hours from us because his jaundice levels at 2days old was 21! These kinds of jaundice does not go down fast enough on his own without medical intervention. And by the time it goes down enough kernicterus and brain yellowing/damage might have occurred? Should we take that risk to save on cash? I personally wouldn’t. But maybe that’s just me. I won’t ever advise anybody who’s kid has jaundice to take them home unless the doctor okays it. And I’ll tell them to make sure they’re being monitored closely by a pediatrician. Maybe I’m just too paranoid and lily livered Sha sad

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
MamaOO:

Thank God you do. My kids had the same issue as yours. ABO incompatibility due to blood type incompatibility. I’m blood type O and the kids are B (compliments of my husband)

I’m not a medical personel but I had to learn as much as I can about the subject because it caused me a lot of grief. My first son had to get airlifted by Medical helicopter to a children’s hospital two hours from us because his jaundice levels at 2days old was 21! These kinds of jaundice does not go down fast enough on his own without medical intervention. And by the time it goes down enough kernicterus and brain yellowing/damage might have occurred? Should we take that risk to save on cash? I personally wouldn’t. But maybe that’s just me. I won’t ever advise anybody who’s kid has jaundice to take them home unless the doctor okays it. And I’ll tell them to make sure they’re being monitored closely by a pediatrician. Maybe I’m just too paranoid and lily livered Sha sad

You are absolutely right... it sure made you very aware. Thank God it didn't cause any damage too. Also its cos I had to pay, if I was a citizen I would not bat an eyelash cos their healthcare is free and 80% of the babies born were jaundiced here. It seemed normal to them.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
Invitation
Cos if its a holiday why arent u going with ur family or hubby and going alone not staying with family just dint add up for me so tried to make things tidy....

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
drafrican:
Phew got d visa o
In all it took 7 weeks
Paper route
Lesson apply online
Holiday tinz o ....
Congratulations.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RedReact: 11:10am On Apr 04, 2019
MamaOO:

If you hadn't said you weren't a medical personnel, would have said you were telling my story. grin
Just what happened to us. Despite wife being a medical personnel, she was just crying around.
Seeing a little one subject to such pain is something one would never wish for his/her enemy.

May God keep and bless those children. Parental waka is not a small thing .

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MamaOO: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
RedReact:

If you hadn't said you weren't a medical personnel, would have said you were telling my story. grin
Just what happened to us. Despite wife being a medical personnel, she was just crying around.
Seeing a little one subject to such pain is something one would never wish for his/her enemy.

May God keep and bless those children. Parental waka is not a small thing .
grin your wife is me. I cried like no man’s business. My husband kept telling me he was going to be fine, but seeing my little boy hooked up to monitors and IVs and tubes really broke my spirit. I expected same with my second child cos they’ve told me to expect it, but it still didn’t make it any easier. May God keep these kids safe for us.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RedReact: 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
MamaOO:

grin your wife is me. I cried like no man’s business. My husband kept telling me he was going to be fine, but seeing my little boy hooked up to monitors and IVs and tubes really broke my spirit. I expected same with my second child cos they’ve told me to expect it, but it still didn’t make it any easier. May God keep these kids safe for us.
Walahi, to console woman not an easy task.

The climax was when they were looking for veins and had they said they were going to looking for veins on the head. Whom would I hold/console? Mother crying or little child crying? Things scattered when we were told blood would be evacuated from the baby's body. That day, I knew some doctors don't have liver. I became football that day. It wasn't a scenario to behold at all, but thank God, all those are past tense now.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beedee2016: 3:51am On Apr 05, 2019
Good evening house. Pls I need help with Visa on arrival. A step by step detailed of the hospital used would be posted even doe my province is a little diff from the ones we are familiar with. I gave birth in British Columbia. Nanaimo city.

Pls som1 provide me details on how to pay for Visa on arrival
Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bjoey1991: 4:23am On Apr 06, 2019
Pls don't feel offended... continue your good work
Some pple prefer private chat for easier understanding and fear of being criticized.
Hotstepper:

Please do not say what is not entirely true. I know how i tell people who message me to ask their question on the forum so everyone will be learning nd contribute .

SHe sent me a message, i did not reply nd she came bk here to say she measaged me nd I did not reply, then i replied her.

Besides I do not come here to ask anyone to message me. I still take out time to come here and put my 2cents....

Nigrians sha....I hail us ooo

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bjoey1991: 8:32am On Apr 06, 2019
@zpearlz1 plz were u successful in travelling, PM me plz or leave a comment. Tnxx
Zpearlz1:
Good day all, please i need your help. I am 12weeks gone and would like to have my baby in canada. Please how do i go about it. I applied for US visa twice last year for birthing purpose but didnt get it. I applied this year with my husband and daughter for vacation , we were also denied. Please i dont know if my previous refusal for US will affect me. I want to apply alone for child's birth. I would appreciate if anyone can put me through the process. Thanks and God blessyou
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
Please a question for those who applied for a visa solely on childbirth & vacay grounds ; who much do you think is sufficient enough funds(yes I know this is discretionary but I’m trying not to make any mistakes since it’s my first time) to have in the sponsors account (my husband is the sponsor).
Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.