Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683834 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
Birth aprox $10,000 -2.5-3.7m
Flight $1500- 500k
Accomodation n exigencies,feeding,shopping etc-500k-1m
So if ur going to spend about 5m you should have at least double that cos the trip should not mean u will go broke ......though most people build their accounts to have much more by.......
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
drafrican:
Birth aprox $10,000 -2.5-3.7m
Flight $1500- 500k
Accomodation n exigencies,feeding,shopping etc-500k-1m
So if ur going to spend about 5m you should have at least double that cos the trip should not mean u will go broke ......though most people build their accounts to have much more by.......
Okay thank you very much for this ; I was asking because I don’t know the bench mark estimate for childbirth in Canada, because I know some times the USA embassy will say $10k is unreasonable for birthing in their country meanwhile people are doing it for less and some even more.
It’s better to be safe

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
I only know of 1 personndat stated childbirth and actually got d visa.......
I might be wrong.....
As for $10000 benchmark it was never an issue ontil sept 2018 in usa embassy tomorrow canada will come up with their own way of reducing birth tourism
The 10k is just a convinient excuse because we have seen exceptions.
Finally go with ur instincts
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
Prior to 2018 they always had a problem with anything less than but let’s just say the consulars were different in their mode of assessing, some will approve and some will insist oh no you can’t even have a baby with $20k it’s too small

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Supernatural198: 10:43am On Apr 08, 2019
This wait is tiring oooo....i finally shop for hospital things and baby things....abi wetin person go do.....anyone experiencing this delay with online application.....since feb ooo....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Maggiespecial(f): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
Good morning everyone
Please i want to ask a question

Like how many days / weeks does it take the embassy to call for PPR if approved after biometrics (for online application)??

Thank you as I look forward to your swift response
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
Maggiespecial:
Good morning everyone
Please i want to ask a question

Like how many days / weeks does it take the embassy to call for PPR if approved after biometrics (for online application)??

Thank you as I look forward to your swift response

Presently, if its online route, ot could take 2-5 weeks or more
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Maggiespecial(f): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2019
aye88:

Presently, if its online route, ot could take 2-5 weeks or more

Wow
because we did our biometrics 2weeks ago n we have not heard anything from them
Dtz y I am worried
Although we are going for summer (July/August)

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2019
i thought somebody said she applied since February online but no response till now... unless if your own is solely for visit and not for birthing

Maggiespecial:

Wow
because we did our biometrics 2weeks ago n we have not heard anything from them
Dtz y I am worried
Although we are going for summer (July/August)

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Maggiespecial(f): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
jossy404:

i thought somebody said she applied since February online but no response till now... unless if your own is solely for visit and not for birthing

Yes it's a tourist visa and we applied since January
Just dt we did our biometrics in March because we were not chanced
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Newbeecey: 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
hotstepper, permission to pm you please.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Maggiespecial(f): 8:14am On Apr 11, 2019
Hello good morning
Bigger thanx to everyone here for your contributions so far
God bless you all.

Unfortunately, we were denied visa yesterday. Got the mail n we are planning to reapply.

Please, these are the reasons why the visa was denied:
They are not satisfied that we will leave Canada at the end of our stay:
1. based on travel history
2. Based on family ties in Canada and Nigeria
3. Based on Personal assets and financial status.

Firstly, I will like to say it's only my husband that has traveled to UK before, and we both went to Dubai last year for Xmas and New year

Secondly, what do they mean by family ties because we are going there for tourism and we are going to stay in an hotel (Husband, wife n our Son)
Do they want us to leave our son (1yr old baby) OR they want only my husband to go or only me to go, please I don't understand. Kindly explain to me please...

Thirdly, We av two landed properties in Nigeria but we didn't attach it to it when applying, is that what they means by Personal assets??
And can we attach it now when reapplying??

Lastly, concerning the financial asset, we av over 10M naira in my husband account as the Sponsor for the trip, so y the financial status??
And my husband works in one on the biggest and recognized company in Nigeria

I will like pple here to please and please put me through on what to do.
We are planning to reapply Nextwk because we planned to spend our Summer in Canada

Infact, we want to visit alot of places like Niagara fall
We attached our hotel reservations, flight booking, places we want to visit etc.

I am so sorry for the long post.
Kindly help me out by putting me through.
Thank you all as I look forward to your swift response.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 8:46am On Apr 11, 2019
Few questions i want to ask is:

1) Have you birth in USA before or recently?
2) Did you apply to USA recently or have a pending application?

The way this people they do this days nobody even understand them again...........even with your financial capacity...

Maggiespecial:
Hello good morning
Bigger thanx to everyone here for your contributions so far
God bless you all.

Unfortunately, we were denied visa yesterday. Got the mail n we are planning to reapply.

Please, these are the reasons why the visa was denied:
They are not satisfied that we will leave Canada at the end of our stay:
1. based on travel history
2. Based on family ties in Canada and Nigeria
3. Based on Personal assets and financial status.

Firstly, I will like to say it's only my husband that has traveled to UK before, and we both went to Dubai last year for Xmas and New year

Secondly, what do they mean by family ties because we are going there for tourism and we are going to stay in an hotel (Husband, wife n our Son)
Do they want us to leave our son (1yr old baby) OR they want only my husband to go or only me to go, please I don't understand. Kindly explain to me please...

Thirdly, We av two landed properties in Nigeria but we didn't attach it to it when applying, is that what they means by Personal assets??
And can we attach it now when reapplying??

Lastly, concerning the financial asset, we av over 10M naira in my husband account as the Sponsor for the trip, so y the financial status??
And my husband works in one on the biggest and recognized company in Nigeria

I will like pple here to please and please put me through on what to do.
We are planning to reapply Nextwk because we planned to spend our Summer in Canada

Infact, we want to visit alot of places like Niagara fall
We attached our hotel reservations, flight booking, places we want to visit etc.

I am so sorry for the long post.
Kindly help me out by putting me through.
Thank you all as I look forward to your swift response.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2019
Firstly u dint put those assets big error.
Secondly did u have baby 1 in usa
Thirdly dem don crase for canada n usa ......

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Maggiespecial(f): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2019
jossy404:
Few questions i want to ask is:

1) Have you birth in USA before or recently?
2) Did you apply to USA recently or have a pending application?

The way this people they do this days nobody even understand them again...........even with your financial capacity...

I was denied US visa last year so I gave birth in Nigeria
And I also stated during the Canada visa application that I was denied US visa last year n I even attached d blue copy dey gave me at d US embassy
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Maggiespecial(f): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2019
drafrican:
No I had my baby in Nigeria
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
The bolded make me laff......

drafrican:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by kodylicky(f): 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
Where is everybody......

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by kennykolabo: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good afternoon, please, kindly assist me with the link or step by step PAPER ROUTE process of submitting “visiting visa for Canada”
I have filled the necessary checklist forms for my parents And they are going to submit tomorrow.
I don’t want them to be embarrassed when they get to VSF tomorrow. Please how do I arrange the forms. Are there forms we are to sign by hand please?
Just the link or the step-by-step process of submitting. It’s a paper route for visiting visa. I tried to check you tube but I didn’t see English language video. They were mostly in other languages. Please help a brother I know this is where i will get an answer
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
kennykolabo:
Good afternoon, please, kindly assist me with the link or step by step PAPER ROUTE process of submitting “visiting visa for Canada”
I have filled the necessary checklist forms for my parents And they are going to submit tomorrow.
I don’t want them to be embarrassed when they get to VSF tomorrow. Please how do I arrange the forms. Are there forms we are to sign by hand please?
Just the link or the step-by-step process of submitting. It’s a paper route for visiting visa. I tried to check you tube but I didn’t see English language video. They were mostly in other languages. Please help a brother I know this is where i will get an answer

You might want to ask your questions with the below link

https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/264
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
Paper route ke 7 weeks minimum ni yen
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 8:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Wait ooo........it's like people are not going to Canada this days OR they just decided not to give back OR Canada no dey give visa again?

Cos I no understand why this place dry like this...........I no get gist I for give now...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
na to born our kids for Naija na cos d Canada were pass US sef, dey wl just drop ur application till u born.. lol
jossy404:
Wait ooo........it's like people are not going to Canada this days OR they just decided not to give back OR Canada no dey give visa again?

Cos I no understand why this place dry like this...........I no get gist I for give now...

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by drafrican: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
Na to apply after blood test before d belle show for scan sef.

Buhari has taken Nigeria to the next level

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lesluga: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2019
Good day , please I wanted to know if any one has gone back for a second child birthing after a first successful experience.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Good day all, please is it true that visa office like d one in Lagos cannot track online applications........that they can only track paper application or how can one get or track the status of your online applications .....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ardunolarh(f): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hello ma @Oleayo22 please how much was the final OBGYN and epidural cost you got . Thanks

Oleayo22:
So far I have paid the following bills;
Hospital - 2062.50Cad per day for baby
3972.50Cad per day for me
Peaditrician- 320Cad ( 60Cad first visit, 200Cad comprehensive visit, 60Cad subsequent visit after 7days)
I will get gynae's fees and epidural when I go for 6weeks check up.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2019
jossy404:
Good day all, please is it true that visa office like d one in Lagos cannot track online applications........that they can only track paper application or how can one get or track the status of your online applications .....
Login to your profile and check the status of your application
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by purplerain1: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Give birth in Nigeria o.
jossy404:

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dsquare2017(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
Good day Gingerlady
Congratulations on your successful journey. Please just needed to know. Did you have to get a referral from a family doctor before going to the hospital? If so did you have to call for it while in Nigeria or did you have to get there first? I read your post earlier for POE and noticed you weren't asked about doctor's appointment. Was wondering what to say if I'm asked that question.
(Wifey's EDD is in November.)

gingalady:
Hello... Long Post alert on missionary journey
I had earlier shared my Visa application story and POE details

We (my 20 month old daughter and I) arrived Canada on the 25th of Jan. We stayed with a family friend in Mississauga

First was getting a hospital and doc to birth the baby, my host drove me to credit Valley which was the closest to us but their fee was CAD 4000/ night for mum and CAD 2800/night for baby.
We headed off to Oakville (Trafalgar memorial hospital) and their fee was CAD 3800/night for mother and CAD 2860/night for baby.

I had already called Scarbrough medical and gotten their bill which was CAD 1800/night for mother and CAD600/night for baby but it was quite a distance from me so we decided to head to Brampton Civic hospital

The lady at the registration desk was super friendly and helped me collate all doctors that take cash and international patients so I called them to get their fees.

I finally decided to go with doctor Nayla Khan, her office was just beside the hospital in the same building with Doc Ayodele
Her fee was CAD 3500 (normal delivery or CS) fee was Including all prenatal visits, delivery, epidural, pediatrician and post delivery visit. You pay this full amount at first visit. She however did not accept my tests from Nigeria so I had to redo them again at Dynacare lab and that cost me CAD67. She saw me every week till delivery since I came in at 34 weeks.

I had my baby on the 5th of March by Csection and it was a very fast and painless sugery. I had begged her to acess me after surgery and let me go after 24 hours and she agreed.
12 hours after birth my baby was jaundiced and they insisted he had to be taken to NICU. My heart sunk!! He was in NICU for 2 days but I was discharged after 24 hours and was given a complementary room in the NICU unit for the rest of the 2 days so I didn't have to pay for that.

I applied for the 4 in 1 birth certificate bundle for CAD 60 which arrived after 10 working days, I made a mistake on the form so it took longer to process.

We applied for the expedited passport and got it the next day. Thank God for Hotstepper who was very ready to guarantee me. Bless her heart

My contact at immigration proceseed the Visa On Arrival for baby and sent approval letter same day. Reach out to Hotstepper if you need help with this

We have added baby to our ticket and are leaving this weekend.

Summery
Hospital 2000/night mother and 2500/night baby because he was in NICU
Doc: 3500
Dynacare: 67
Birth certificate: Long and Short: 60
Passport(expedited): 107
Transport to and fro Brampton: 150
Circumsion: 175
Baby ticket: 77

Overall, it's been an amazing journey. I just wished they treated jaundice with less severity cos it eventually wears out on it's own. So baby alone cost me CAD5000 but he is hale and hearty
So choose a hospital close and cheapest to you to accomodate unforeseen expenses. Thank God it ended in Praise

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
Here is my feedback.

Applied for canada visa in january this year. Hubby, mum and i. Purpose was for tourism. I stated in my LOE that i will be using the visa for childbirth. We jad 5k euros in our dom acct. Visa was denied. Reason base on purpose of visit and financial or personal asset.

Reapplied again in march. Hubby, mum and i. Stated tourism for hubby and mum. Stated others and childbrith for myself. Account balance this time was 10M. I wrote a detailed letter addressing the previous refusal and also wrote a LOE. Included a budget sheet. Hospital correpondence, itinerary of places hubby will visit during his stay. All other documents that we included in the previous application. Visa granted this time.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.