Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683930 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sudemba: 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
aye88:
Here is my feedback.

Applied for canada visa in january this year. Hubby, mum and i. Purpose was for tourism. I stated in my LOE that i will be using the visa for childbirth. We jad 5k euros in our dom acct. Visa was denied. Reason base on purpose of visit and financial or personal asset.

Reapplied again in march. Hubby, mum and i. Stated tourism for hubby and mum. Stated others and childbrith for myself. Account balance this time was 10M. I wrote a detailed letter addressing the previous refusal and also wrote a LOE. Included a budget sheet. Hospital correpondence, itinerary of places hubby will visit during his stay. All other documents that we included in the previous application. Visa granted this time.

Congrats sis

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sudemba: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
aye88:
Here is my feedback.

Applied for canada visa in january this year. Hubby, mum and i. Purpose was for tourism. I stated in my LOE that i will be using the visa for childbirth. We jad 5k euros in our dom acct. Visa was denied. Reason base on purpose of visit and financial or personal asset.

Reapplied again in march. Hubby, mum and i. Stated tourism for hubby and mum. Stated others and childbrith for myself. Account balance this time was 10M. I wrote a detailed letter addressing the previous refusal and also wrote a LOE. Included a budget sheet. Hospital correpondence, itinerary of places hubby will visit during his stay. All other documents that we included in the previous application. Visa granted this time.

When in march did you apply? I applied 22nd of March,biometrics 1st April. Still haven't gotten any reply from them
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
sudemba:

When in march did you apply? I applied 22nd of March,biometrics 1st April. Still haven't gotten any reply from them

5th of march. I will advise any one pregnant to apply from the day they got a positve pregnancy test. Canada will delay your application
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
Congrat Sis!!!

Did you applied online or paper route?

aye88:
Here is my feedback.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=jossy404 post=77960632]Congrat Sis!!!

Did you applied online or paper route?

[/quote

Thanks. I did online
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jayfierce(m): 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
aye88:
Here is my feedback.

Congrats. Would you be so kind as to list documents submitted for the benefit of all?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
Congrats

aye88:
Here is my feedback.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BOmum: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
sudemba:

We are in same boat o. .Applied 22 march, biometrics 5th April
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
jayfierce:
Congrats. Would you be so kind as to list documents submitted for the benefit of all?

Bank statement. Both domiciliary and naira acct.
Letter of employemnt for both hubby and i.
Leave letter from my employer
Documents of our landed properties
Pension certificate
Budget sheet. ( our budget sheet showed we were only going to spend half of the total amount we had in our account. )
Flight booking
Hotel booking
Marriage certificate
Itinerary of places hubby will visit
Hospital correspondence
A detailed LOE stating my name, what i do and where i work, purpose of visit, amount made available for the trip, details of hospital and doctor i will be using. Details of how long the three of us intend to stay.

I also wrote a detailed letter addressing the prior refusal.

I think this is about all. Generally, i feel if you will be declaring your intention for childbirth, they want to know you have the finance to cover the cost and any contigencies and they also want to see the plans you have made regarding hospital and doctor who you will be using in canada and the cost.

NB, the embassy later sent a request letter to include a proof of medical insurance to cover my stay in Canada

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
Sorry for plenty question, how did you attached all this documents online......seem you merge some docs this is because online application has limited attachments and also how did u go about the medical insurance requested.?

Thanks

aye88:

Pension certificate
Budget sheet. ( our budget sheet showed we were only going to spend half of the total amount we had in our account. )
Flight booking
Hotel booking
Marriage certificate
Hospital correspondence
A detailed LOE stating my name, what i do and where i work, purpose of visit, amount made available for the trip, details of hospital and doctor i will be using. Details of how long the three of us intend to stay.

I think this is about all. Generally, i feel if you will be declaring your intention for childbirth, they want to know you have the finance to cover the cost and any contigencies and they also want to see the plans you have made regarding hospital and doctor who you will be using in canada and the cost.

NB, the embassy later sent a request letter to include a proof of medical insurance to cover my stay in Canada
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2019
jossy404:
Sorry for plenty question, how did you attached all this documents online......seem you merge some docs this is because online application has limited attachments and also how did u go about the medical insurance requested.?

Thanks

I used www.ilovepdf.com. you can merge documents, convert from pdf to doc or vice versa, and also compress documents on www.ilovepdf.com
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sudemba: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2019
aye88:

Pension certificate
Flight booking
Hotel booking
Marriage certificate
Hospital correspondence

Pls how did you go about the medical insurance?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Thanks for the feed back.... what of the insurance aspect?

aye88:

I used www.ilovepdf.com. you can merge documents, convert from pdf to doc or vice versa, and also compress documents on www.ilovepdf.com
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
sudemba:

Pls how did you go about the medical insurance?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
which one? Name? ...this will be the next question from us sad

aye88:

I enrolled for an international medical insurance coverage and sent to them
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by EhmWon: 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
Congratulations!!!

aye88:
Here is my feedback.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hello house, thought to come give back. Got back from my 3rd and final birthing journey with my family on Friday 26th April. For details about my visa application and related stuff please check my previous post.

Flew Lufthansa to Toronto early February alone, POE was a tad intense in spite of the fact that I got my visa for birthing purposes but I came prepared and was stamped in for 6months. Stayed in an airbnb and only moved out to another accomodation just before my fam(husband and 2kids) got in a month later.

I used Scarborough Birchmount Hospital, Ontario and Dr. Jing Qin was my OBGYN. Paid 2423CAD as hosp fees for 24hr hospital stay. (Mother 1600CAD, Baby 800CAD, Labs 23CAD).
Dr's fee was 1500CAD, 1st visit 200CAD, Subsequent visits 80CAD per visit. She didn't accept my tests and scans from Nigeria and ordered fresh bloodwork, a swab and an ultrasound scan.These came to about 250CAD.

EDD was March 24th, My Dr prescheduled me for induction on March 22nd if nothing happened before then. Had a false labour episode March 19th and went to L&D. Was checked and sent back home and wasn't billed for the service. 2am on March 22nd, fell into labour and rushed to the hospital again. Was checked and told I was still a long way off and to just wait for my Dr to come start the induction in the morning. At that point I had to ask for my epidural as the pain was already doing my head in. Long story short, 5mins after the nurse just checked and told me I was only 3cm dilated, baby boy showed up. The anesthesiologist didnt even make it to me. Delivery(or what was left of the event), placenta Delivery, stitching up were taken by the Dr on call.

The epidural was supposed to be 800CAD.

Was roomed in with the baby in a private room and discharged officially 24hrs later. Baby's blood was drawn 24hrs after his birth for a myriad of tests to be carried out, routine state mandated health practice in Canada. Only the bilirubin levels results are ready in an hr and they came back great for my baby so I was free to go home with him.
Asked to have his circumcision done but unfortunately, they didn't do circs at that particular hospital campus but they provided me with a list of Dr's who did. We eventually had it done about 5days later for 250CAD.
We were given information on the birth registration (5 in 1 bundle) at the hospital and got on it soon as we could. We ordered the long BC (35CAD), short BC(25CAD) and certificate of birth registration (20CAD), a total of 80CAD and they came in the mail about 5working days later. a
Next we went to the passport office with baby's passport photographs duly signed by a guarantor as required. Paid 107CAD and picked the passport up 2days later.
Did Visa on Arrival, paid 180USD for our daughter who doesnt have a Nigerian Passport yet and 95CAD for the baby.
Overall, it was a great trip with the only snag being that they refused my mum's initial visa application (story for another post) but hubs and I managed to make it work with 2young kids and a new baby.
We used Uber for almost all our transportation needs and managed to rake up quite a sum in total transportation costs. A rented car would have been a cheaper alternative but we both had only expired driver's licenses.
Also I heard that the hospital I used have recently reviewed their prices upwards so interested mums please do your due diligenve.
I'm super grateful to God for making our path smooth and bringing us back safely and praying divine success for everyone on here.
Hopefully I didnt leave out any detail. All the best with your plans everyone.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Ardunolarh:
Hello ma @Oleayo22 please how much was the final OBGYN and epidural cost you got . Thanks

Will check my receipt and post tomorrow.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dsquare2017(m): 10:19am On May 01, 2019
damsell:
Hello house, thought to come give back. Got back from my 3rd and final birthing journey with my family on Friday 26th April. For details about my visa application and related stuff please check my previous post.

Flew Lufthansa to Toronto early February alone, POE was a tad intense in spite of the fact that I got my visa for birthing purposes but I came prepared and was stamped in for 6months. Stayed in an airbnb and only moved out to another accomodation just before my fam(husband and 2kids) got in a month later.

I used Scarborough Birchmount Hospital, Ontario and Dr. Jing Qin was my OBGYN. Paid 2423CAD as hosp fees for 24hr hospital stay. (Mother 1600CAD, Baby 800CAD, Labs 23CAD).
Dr's fee was 1500CAD, 1st visit 200CAD, Subsequent visits 80CAD per visit. She didn't accept my tests and scans from Nigeria and ordered fresh bloodwork, a swab and an ultrasound scan.These came to about 250CAD.

EDD was March 24th, My Dr prescheduled me for induction on March 22nd if nothing happened before then. Had a false labour episode March 19th and went to L&grin. Was checked and sent back home and wasn't billed for the service. 2am on March 22nd, fell into labour and rushed to the hospital again. Was checked and told I was still a long way off and to just wait for my Dr to come start the induction in the morning. At that point I had to ask for my epidural as the pain was already doing my head in. Long story short, 5mins after the nurse just checked and told me I was only 3cm dilated, baby boy showed up. The anesthesiologist didnt even make it to me. Delivery(or what was left of the event), placenta Delivery, stitching up were taken by the Dr on call.

The epidural was supposed to be 800CAD.

Was roomed in with the baby in a private room and discharged officially 24hrs later. Baby's blood was drawn 24hrs after his birth for a myriad of tests to be carried out, routine state mandated health practice in Canada. Only the bilirubin levels results are ready in an hr and they came back great for my baby so I was free to go home with him.
Asked to have his circumcision done but unfortunately, they didn't do circs at that particular hospital campus but they provided me with a list of Dr's who did. We eventually had it done about 5days later for 250CAD.
We were given information on the birth registration (5 in 1 bundle) at the hospital and got on it soon as we could. We ordered the long BC (35CAD), short BC(25CAD) and certificate of birth registration (20CAD), a total of 80CAD and they came in the mail about 5working days later. a
Next we went to the passport office with baby's passport photographs duly signed by a guarantor as required. Paid 107CAD and picked the passport up 2days later.
Did Visa on Arrival, paid 180USD for our daughter who doesnt have a Nigerian Passport yet and 95CAD for the baby.
Overall, it was a great trip with the only snag being that they refused my mum's initial visa application (story for another post) but hubs and I managed to make it work with 2young kids and a new baby.
We used Uber for almost all our transportation needs and managed to rake up quite a sum in total transportation costs. A rented car would have been a cheaper alternative but we both had only expired driver's licenses.
Also I heard that the hospital I used have recently reviewed their prices upwards so interested mums please do your due diligenve.
I'm super grateful to God for making our path smooth and bringing us back safely and praying divine success for everyone on here.
Hopefully I didnt leave out any detail. All the best with your plans everyone.

Good day Damsell
Congratulations on your successful journey. Please just needed to know. Did you have to get a referral from a family doctor before going to the hospital? If so did you have to call for it while in Nigeria or did you have to get there first?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by heiphe: 8:35pm On May 01, 2019
hello house,

please can a 37 weeks pregnant mum fly to Canada from Nigeria, if yes what airline can you suggest, and what needs to be put in place, please your urgent advise is needed.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MamaOO: 12:17am On May 02, 2019
heiphe:
hello house,

please can a 37 weeks pregnant mum fly to Canada from Nigeria, if yes what airline can you suggest, and what needs to be put in place, please your urgent advise is needed.
37 weeks?! You’re playing with Fire oo. That’s way too advanced for that kind of long journey. It’s risky sef. At 37 weeks pregnant I couldn’t sit more than two hours straight without getting awful cramps and my feet swell up.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:28am On May 02, 2019
where r u landing ?

heiphe:
hello house,

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 2:30am On May 02, 2019
aye88:

Pension certificate
Flight booking
Hotel booking
Marriage certificate
Hospital correspondence

How did you get doctor's correspondence pls?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Natalie19: 12:03pm On May 02, 2019
Hello,

Thanks to everyone that makes useful contributions on this platform. With your aid I was able to apply for a Canadian tourist visa online. 3weeks after my biometrics, my passport was requested for visa issuance.

Please I need advise on affordable hospitals and doctors in Edmonton, Alberta

I’m looking to travel to Canada in first week of July.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by heiphe: 12:03pm On May 02, 2019
Hotstepper:

where r u landing ?

i dont mind anywhere in Canada that can accommodate us, u can share the locations pls
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:17pm On May 02, 2019
I will ask my friwnd in Edmonton that juat had a friend the name of her dr although she is a citizen and then we hope the dr takes cash patiant. I do know for sure that alberta is on the high side though. When i have the info, will update u

Natalie19:
Hello,

Thanks to everyone that makes useful contributions on this platform. With your aid I was able to apply for a Canadian tourist visa online. 3weeks after my biometrics, my passport was requested for visa issuance.

Please I need advise on affordable hospitals and doctors in Edmonton, Alberta

I’m looking to travel to Canada in first week of July.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jayfierce(m): 3:53am On May 03, 2019
aye88:

Pension certificate
Flight booking
Hotel booking
Marriage certificate
Hospital correspondence

Thanks! Any travel history?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 03, 2019
Dsquare2017:

No I didn't have to get a referral. Just called her office directly when I got in.

Good day Damsell
Congratulations on your successful journey. Please just needed to know. Did you have to get a referral from a family doctor before going to the hospital? If so did you have to call for it while in Nigeria or did you have to get there first?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omabb: 11:08pm On May 03, 2019
Hello house,
A quick one pls. There are some documents I want to attach as supporting docs, but I've already sent in my application. Is it still possible to send it. If yes, how do I go about it?
Pls I need answers urgently as I've been told to come for biometrics.
Again, where in Lagos can I go for the biometrics?
Tnks, I'll be waiting
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dsquare2017(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
Thanks Damsell. Really helpful
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 5:40am On May 05, 2019
Omabb:
Hello house,
A quick one pls. There are some documents I want to attach as supporting docs, but I've already sent in my application. Is it still possible to send it. If yes, how do I go about it?
Pls I need answers urgently as I've been told to come for biometrics.
Again, where in Lagos can I go for the biometrics?
Tnks, I'll be waiting

It's clearly written where you uploaded your documents that once submitted, you can't upload anything again except things they requested from you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bamcyburg: 11:04am On May 05, 2019
I disagree you can add document. Ask expect. You can add more document

folmus:

It's clearly written where you uploaded your documents that once submitted, you can't upload anything again except things they requested from you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Towerofgrace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.