Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683781 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bamcyburg: 11:05am On May 05, 2019
They are people who knows it. You can add more document. Ask experts!

Omabb:
Hello house,
A quick one pls. There are some documents I want to attach as supporting docs, but I've already sent in my application. Is it still possible to send it. If yes, how do I go about it?
Pls I need answers urgently as I've been told to come for biometrics.
Again, where in Lagos can I go for the biometrics?
Tnks, I'll be waiting
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bamcyburg: 11:06am On May 05, 2019
bamcyburg:
I disagree you can add document. Ask experts. You can add more document

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BOmum: 12:33pm On May 05, 2019
Pls people i noticed when i pick tourism and then others since its for medical, it includes letter of invitation in my compulsory documents to be submitted.What do i do..Do i just pick tourism and tourism or what do i upload on letter of invitation since i don't have one

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MsJanez01: 1:41pm On May 05, 2019
BOmum:
Pls people i noticed when i pick tourism and then others since its for medical, it includes letter of invitation in my compulsory documents to be submitted.What do i do..Do i just pick tourism and tourism or what do i upload on letter of invitation since i don't have one

How about your doctor's correspondence? Since u picked medical dat might stand for you letter of invite
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BOmum: 2:36pm On May 05, 2019
[quote author=MsJanez01 post=78122869]

How about your doctor's correspondence? Since u picked medical dat might stand for you letter of invite [/quote

Okay was not sure if that will suffice as invitation letter.Was wondering if i still need to get a letter of invitation as well...Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 6:26pm On May 05, 2019
bamcyburg:
I disagree you can add document. Ask expect. You can add more document

Don't deceive anybody here. No expert in what has been submitted. You can't upload anything except you are contacted to provide any missing document.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 6:27pm On May 05, 2019
[quote author=BOmum post=78124057][/quote]

Were you able to get a correspondence from a doctor? your doctor's correspondence is sufficient.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bamcyburg: 7:42am On May 06, 2019
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Follow this link to add more documents.

Omabb:
Hello house,
A quick one pls. There are some documents I want to attach as supporting docs, but I've already sent in my application. Is it still possible to send it. If yes, how do I go about it?
Pls I need answers urgently as I've been told to come for biometrics.
Again, where in Lagos can I go for the biometrics?
Tnks, I'll be waiting

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bigtalla(m): 6:17pm On May 06, 2019
damsell:
Hello house, thought to come give back. Got back from my 3rd and final birthing journey with my family on Friday 26th April. For details about my visa application and related stuff please check my previous post.

Flew Lufthansa to Toronto early February alone, POE was a tad intense in spite of the fact that I got my visa for birthing purposes but I came prepared and was stamped in for 6months. Stayed in an airbnb and only moved out to another accomodation just before my fam(husband and 2kids) got in a month later.

I used Scarborough Birchmount Hospital, Ontario and Dr. Jing Qin was my OBGYN. Paid 2423CAD as hosp fees for 24hr hospital stay. (Mother 1600CAD, Baby 800CAD, Labs 23CAD).
Dr's fee was 1500CAD, 1st visit 200CAD, Subsequent visits 80CAD per visit. She didn't accept my tests and scans from Nigeria and ordered fresh bloodwork, a swab and an ultrasound scan.These came to about 250CAD.

EDD was March 24th, My Dr prescheduled me for induction on March 22nd if nothing happened before then. Had a false labour episode March 19th and went to L&grin. Was checked and sent back home and wasn't billed for the service. 2am on March 22nd, fell into labour and rushed to the hospital again. Was checked and told I was still a long way off and to just wait for my Dr to come start the induction in the morning. At that point I had to ask for my epidural as the pain was already doing my head in. Long story short, 5mins after the nurse just checked and told me I was only 3cm dilated, baby boy showed up. The anesthesiologist didnt even make it to me. Delivery(or what was left of the event), placenta Delivery, stitching up were taken by the Dr on call.

The epidural was supposed to be 800CAD.

Was roomed in with the baby in a private room and discharged officially 24hrs later. Baby's blood was drawn 24hrs after his birth for a myriad of tests to be carried out, routine state mandated health practice in Canada. Only the bilirubin levels results are ready in an hr and they came back great for my baby so I was free to go home with him.
Asked to have his circumcision done but unfortunately, they didn't do circs at that particular hospital campus but they provided me with a list of Dr's who did. We eventually had it done about 5days later for 250CAD.
We were given information on the birth registration (5 in 1 bundle) at the hospital and got on it soon as we could. We ordered the long BC (35CAD), short BC(25CAD) and certificate of birth registration (20CAD), a total of 80CAD and they came in the mail about 5working days later. a
Next we went to the passport office with baby's passport photographs duly signed by a guarantor as required. Paid 107CAD and picked the passport up 2days later.
Did Visa on Arrival, paid 180USD for our daughter who doesnt have a Nigerian Passport yet and 95CAD for the baby.
Overall, it was a great trip with the only snag being that they refused my mum's initial visa application (story for another post) but hubs and I managed to make it work with 2young kids and a new baby.
We used Uber for almost all our transportation needs and managed to rake up quite a sum in total transportation costs. A rented car would have been a cheaper alternative but we both had only expired driver's licenses.
Also I heard that the hospital I used have recently reviewed their prices upwards so interested mums please do your due diligenve.
I'm super grateful to God for making our path smooth and bringing us back safely and praying divine success for everyone on here.
Hopefully I didnt leave out any detail. All the best with your plans everyone.

Thanks for taking out your time to write this. I would like you to kindly explain/describe the issues/challenges you faced at the POE..

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ayoyigirl: 4:20pm On May 07, 2019
Hello Jinnyz, I have been reading about your birth story in Calgary and I need help with that as I intend doing same in Calgary. I am based in Abuja and would really appreciate your telephone number/email address or if you are not comfortable with that, information on the doctors you used and how you accessed the hospital. I am quite desperate at this point as my pregnancy is getting big ooo.Many thanks.
jinnyz:
Hello Ladies I recently had my baby in Calgary, Canada. Before I applied I read nairaland from pg 1 to 20 plus then. Pls let's read the ALL the pages before asking any question.

At the point of Entry the officer just asked my why am in canada, I said Visiting. He asked who?, what I do for a living & other random questions that has nothing to do with my pregnancy, don't think I spent more than 1 minute him.

My bill for Vaginal Delivery

Admittance fee 838,
Hosp fee daily 3673 (For 24 hrs)
Baby's Hosp bill 1080
Obstetrician fee 500
Paediatrician fee 250
Total CAD$6,341

Other Expenses
Birth Certificate long 60
Birth Certificate short 41
Passport photo 25.2
Canadian Passport 107
Nigerian Travel Doc 100
Post to Nig. Embassy to & Fro 40
My baby's KLM ticket 243.5

Please Note: If they had asked me if I was pregnant at the Point of entry I would have said YES. There is no point lieing when u r obviously pregnant. If u r lucky u can meet a good officer.

This bill does not include seeing doc before & after delivery. I posted my bill to give a guideline, bills varies from the city u give birth, the doctor, type of delivery and also if there is complication.

I want to use this opportunity to thank Hotstepper for her assistance when applying for baby's Nigeria document. I wld HV applied for Nigerian Visa or passport for baby BT she explained to me that its not necessary. I should just apply for Emergency Travel Certificate for baby which is cheaper & faster.

If you need further information I will try my best to answer. Goodluck!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:35pm On May 07, 2019
Thank God for journey mercies.
You did not include DR. fee or is that the attendance fee?

Ayoyigirl:
Hello Jinnyz, I have been reading about your birth story in Calgary and I need help with that as I intend doing same in Calgary. I am based in Abuja and would really appreciate your telephone number/email address or if you are not comfortable with that, information on the doctors you used and how you accessed the hospital. I am quite desperate at this point as my pregnancy is getting big ooo.Many thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by conyema12(m): 5:32pm On May 07, 2019
Hi good day everyone c/o hotstepper
I pray God grant visa to all the intending mothers in the house in Jesus name.

Please my wife got a referral to gyn by our family doctor in Calgary.
The gyn is demanding for a 5000canadian dollars for pre and post care deposit in bank draft . That the balance will be refunded after birth and post patum care.
This pattern seems strange to me. During our first child delivery there in Calgary, we were only making payments on demand.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same kind of payment during child delivery. Will the refunds be made as they claim?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:22pm On May 07, 2019
How much is the dr charging for his services and how much is hospital bill? Some hospital will ask for double the amount to be deposited and refund anyhing left after thwir deducation. However, plz make sure you get the breakdown and also, why are you not using the same dr as ur 1st?

conyema12:

The gyn is demanding for a 5000canadian dollars for pre and post care deposit in bank draft . That the balance will be refunded after birth and post patum care.
This pattern seems strange to me. During our first child delivery there in Calgary, we were only making payments on demand.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same kind of payment during child delivery. Will the refunds be made as they claim?

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:23pm On May 07, 2019
Hotstepper:
How much is the dr charging for his services and how much is hospital bill? Some hospital will ask for double the amount to be deposited and refund anything left after their deductionn. However, plz make sure you get the breakdown and also, why are you not using the same dr as ur 1st?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 7:34pm On May 07, 2019
conyema12:

Thanks

Hmmm, does this approach guarantees approval of the Canadian visa

How does one get the deposited money back if the visa is not approved?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Izu2016: 8:01pm On May 07, 2019
Hello house. Please who else applied in March and haven't gotten a response till now,am I alone?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:15pm On May 07, 2019
he/she did not mention if they have visa or not but I am guessing they do.

Beautyaddy:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by conyema12(m): 9:04pm On May 07, 2019
[quote author=Hotstepper post=78191633][/quote]

Thanks. We got back to the family doctor and she opened up another appointment for our previous gyn .
They also informed us the 5k deposit is also mandatory. They will give us the breakdown booklet in 2 days time.

I guess we have to use the one our gyn recommends cos it'd closer to our airbnb reservation.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by conyema12(m): 9:10pm On May 07, 2019
Beautyaddy:

We are already in Canada...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:32pm On May 07, 2019
[
Cool. nothing to worry as the ur bills will be taken feom that 5k..if some remains, u will be refunded..I guess they are doing this now feom experience

quote author=conyema12 post=78194238]

Thanks. We got back to the family doctor and she opened up another appointment for our previous gyn .
They also informed us the 5k deposit is also mandatory. They will give us the breakdown booklet in 2 days time.

I guess we have to use the one our gyn recommends cos it'd closer to our airbnb reservation. [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by conyema12(m): 9:59pm On May 07, 2019
Hotstepper:
[
Cool. nothing to worry as the ur bills will be taken feom that 5k..if some remains, u will be refunded..I guess they are doing this now feom experience

quote author=conyema12 post=78194238]

I guess we have to use the one our gyn recommends cos it'd closer to our airbnb reservation.

Thanks
God will Continue to bless you and your family
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omabb: 10:32pm On May 07, 2019
folmus:

It's clearly written where you uploaded your documents that once submitted, you can't upload anything again except things they requested from you.

wow I really wish there could be a remedy. tnks for ur time
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omabb: 10:34pm On May 07, 2019
bamcyburg:
They are people who knows it. You can add more document. Ask experts!

ok, tnks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omabb: 10:37pm On May 07, 2019
bamcyburg:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Follow this link to add more documents.

tnks so much. I appreciate
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sweetie12: 10:50pm On May 07, 2019
Let me give back since I have benefited from this page. I applied for my Canada tourist visa first week in March (submitted in person) and got it approved in 6 days. After I received mine I applied for my mother and also took less than a week. I left Accra on Easter Friday. After reading all the comments here I got a doctors appointment and had 10k and enough money on my card to declare at POE. A week before I traveled 3 different people called and asked that I shouldn’t declare at POE unless asked but I had my money and doctors correspondence ready. This is because 2 people were given just 3 weeks entry stamp when they declared even with money and all documents. Another person was also sent back because it wasn’t stated in their visa application.
I traveled with my 19 months old son who has an American passport. We used Brussels airline.

POE
I submitted my landing card which I stated 10 weeks. She only asked how’s the little one doing and I said he was fine and lifted him up. She asked what are you here for and before I could answer she had given me my passport and said enjoy your stay. After I left the cage to pick my luggage there were 2 other officers who were checking passports and asking questions. The lady took our passport and said that’s a long holiday and I said yes I’m entitled to that much leave and she asked if I work and I said yes and she asked exactly what i do and where. The next question was why does my son have an American passport and I said his dad is American and she smiled and said enjoy your stay.

Search for hospital
I had an appointment with Dr Quin But upon arrival I realized it was about 45mins from my cousin’s place and she wasn’t going to be able to drop me for my appointments due to the distance. I checked cost of travel with Uber n taxi and it was going to cost me almost 200$ for every trip to Scarborough. So based on some of the names from this page I went to a building close to the Brampton civic hospital which has a lot of gynecologist/obs there and I booked an appointment with Dr. Ayodele. He made me pay 3500CAD cash at my first appointment. I’m told it includes all prenatal visits, post visit and epidural.
Brampton hospital is 2000CAD a night for mother . I send an update after delivery God willing.
Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 1:15am On May 08, 2019
Sweetie12:
Let me give back since I have benefited from this page. I applied for my Canada tourist visa first week in March (submitted in person) and got it approved in 6 days. After I received mine I applied for my mother and also took less than a week. I left Accra on Easter Friday. After reading all the comments here I got a doctors appointment and had 10k and enough money on my card to declare at POE. A week before I traveled 3 different people called and asked that I shouldn’t declare at POE unless asked but I had my money and doctors correspondence ready. This is because 2 people were given just 3 weeks entry stamp when they declared even with money and all documents. Another person was also sent back because it wasn’t stated in their visa application.
I traveled with my 19 months old son who has an American passport. We used Brussels airline.

POE
I submitted my landing card which I stated 10 weeks. She only asked how’s the little one doing and I said he was fine and lifted him up. She asked what are you here for and before I could answer she had given me my passport and said enjoy your stay. After I left the cage to pick my luggage there were 2 other officers who were checking passports and asking questions. The lady took our passport and said that’s a long holiday and I said yes I’m entitled to that much leave and she asked if I work and I said yes and she asked exactly what i do and where. The next question was why does my son have an American passport and I said his dad is American and she smiled and said enjoy your stay.

Search for hospital
I had an appointment with Dr Quin But upon arrival I realized it was about 45mins from my cousin’s place and she wasn’t going to be able to drop me for my appointments due to the distance. I checked cost of travel with Uber n taxi and it was going to cost me almost 200$ for every trip to Scarborough. So based on some of the names from this page I went to a building close to the Brampton civic hospital which has a lot of gynecologist/obs there and I booked an appointment with Dr. Ayodele. He made me pay 3500CAD cash at my first appointment. I’m told it includes all prenatal visits, post visit and epidural.
Brampton hospital is 2000CAD a night for mother . I send an update after delivery God willing.
Thank you

Safe delivery will be your portion...
Keep us updated..
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:12am On May 08, 2019
Welcomeeeeee. good u are using him and his name is here. baby's hospital stay will be 600

Sweetie12:

POE

Search for hospital
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 08, 2019
Hotstepper:
Welcomeeeeee. good u are using him and his name is here. baby's hospital stay will be 600

So please indulge my question, if I’m not mistaken the bill is for doctor 3500, mum 2000 and baby 600 ? We will always have to pay all three separate?
I’m trying to catch a glimpse and draw up a budget hence my question
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sweetie12: 1:13pm On May 08, 2019
Yes I guess so. I paid the doctor separately. I’m yet to use the hospital so don’t know how it works but I’m told I’ll pay everything to the hospital.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 08, 2019
Sweetie12:
Yes I guess so. I paid the doctor separately. I’m yet to use the hospital so don’t know how it works but I’m told I’ll pay everything to the hospital.
oh okay so that brings the bill to a total of 6100 CAD. Does this fee apply for CS too ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.