Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (686160 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
OmoBendel24:

For how long have you submitted and given your biometrics?

nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Etc

Cc: ajajd
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
Thanks for this

OmoBendel24:

Cc: ajajd
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
Etc

ajajd:

Thanks once more Gallant Hotstepper... @Omobendel24 please kindly help a Sister, I wouldn't mind appreciating in a pleasant way, my eyes are already paining as a result of flipping back seeking for the emails, please help me with the email address, please.. thanks in addy
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajajd: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hotstepper:

Etc

Thanks Dearly Dearie,let me quickly email the Lagos address and that of Nairobi..
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
ajajd:

Thanks Dearly Dearie,let me quickly email the Lagos address and that of Nairobi..

Is that the office handling your application? If you are not sure, kindly copy as many of their offices as you can oh. Regards

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hotstepper:
Thanks for this

You are most welcome Sis....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Soba2019: 7:17am On Aug 04, 2019
Hotstepper:
Medical visa and get ur friend to hp u with hospital etc

Thank you for your response. Pls how do I apply for that? I have searched online and there is no different visa for medical. Secondly, how muach time must I stay post delivery before returning to Naija in order to return with Canadian passport for baby. This Info will help me plan my return date, thank u.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2019
1.Click on other and thrn specify medical
2. once ur babys BC is out,- u apply for babys passport etc nd off u go home

Soba2019:
Thank you for your response. Pls how do I apply for that? I have searched onl
ine and there is no different visa for medical. Secondly, how much time must I say post delivery before returning to Naija in order to return with Canadian passport for baby.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Newbeecey: 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
Great. Thanks

Ardunolarh:

Not a permanent resident. The hospital gives you the birth registration form to fill once you put to bed and their health records office helps submit.This can take a while , so if you are leaving the country earlier. It's better to tell them at the hospital and apply for an expedited birth registration attaching your flight tickets and a letter stating why you want it fast tracked plus any other requirement from their end.

Once you have been given the estimated duration birth reg will take in the hospital, you go to a nearby registry to register for the birth certificate . If you cant wait for it to be mailed to you, inform them there you will prefer to pick up from the document office at Alberta Vital Statistics office downtown, which is faster, they will tell you when to pick up and hours of pick up is (1-4pm).

Next step you proceed for passport application at Canada Place which is about a 7 mins walk from Alberta vital statistics , Edmonton downtown. Pick up the form for Child , there is also a place in the building where you can take your baby's passport (better to take it there for right dimension issues). If you have all documents required for filling the form right there and all needed parties (including guarantor(if either of the parent is not a citizen) required to fill the form , you can submit right there. You can also expedite by applying for express if your travel date is close by showing your flight ticket or any reason you want it fast tracked .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Did you read the article at all?? Or are you trolling ?? smiley
Hotstepper:

Lucky u if not u for go bk to where u were coming from. Another thing that would have worked na letterbox consent from ur hubby

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OakPearl(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
OakPearl:
So I and wifey have done biometrics yesterday in Lagos.
We are hoping we get our visa quickly cos she is already 32 weeks gone.
Application was done online submitted 7th June.
Ontario is our choice destination.
Let the countdown begin.
Best of luck to all expectant momas in the house.

@Hotstepper your help will be needed I believe.
Cc: Omobendel

At this point I feel obliged to give feedback whether it is palatable or not grin, just for the information of the house.
So today makes it exactly 2 months since submission of online application with biometrics done. No reply still.
Mind made up to birth here in 9ja when July came without a word from the embassy.
By the way, baby arriving soon in 9ja with the same high level of enthusiasm as ever.
If visa is eventually granted, will use for vacation.
Still wishing all intending Canny momas the best of luck here.

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
Any news or update on fastest route for getting the visa now?
Online or physical submission?

Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Techhybabe: 9:08am On Aug 08, 2019
Please what are the documents needed for biometric data at VFS office, Lekki?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by kkkossy(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2019
@hotstepper, I kindly need you advice. My wife intends to have a baby in Canada which would be around December, what type of visa can she apply for in other not to get rejected at the port of entry. Also her mum resides in Ontario and already obtained her PR. Obviously, accommodation is not an issue and she will be traveling alone. Looking forward to your reply.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2019
Medical visa since she wants to birth in Canada. she has to apply asap

kkkossy:
@hotstepper, I kindly need you advice. My wife intends to have a baby in Canada which would be around December, what type of visa can she apply for in other not to get rejected at the port of entry. Also her mum resides in Ontario and already obtained her PR. Obviously, accommodation is not an issue and she will be traveling alone. Looking forward to your reply.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Salvationzoe: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
[quote author=Hotstepper post=81059094]Medical visa since she wants to birth in Canada. she has to apply asap

Hi just want to confirm. In the case that hubby is already a Canadian citizen, how soon can I get visa after applications. Secondly, what are my chances at POE if I come in say 36 weeks? Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
How soon u will get a visa if approved deoends on the embassy nd u do not get any special treatment cuz of ur husband.

@36 weeks u r good

[quote author=Salvationzoe post=81102942][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Salvationzoe: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=Hotstepper post=81124314]How soon u will get a visa if approved deoends on the embassy nd u do not get any special treatment cuz of ur husband.

@36 weeks u r good
Thanks a lot
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tutsy50: 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
Evening all, pls I need your candid advice,am planning to go and give birth in Canada by the end of the year by Gods grace.i have a valid 5 year Canadian TRV which will expire 2021.
Do you think I have to mail the Canadian embassy of my intentions to give birth in Canada
Advice pls.....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
Have u used the visa beforw for tourism since u got it?

Tutsy50:
Evening all, pls I need your candid advice,am planning to go and give birth in Canada by the end of the year by Gods grace.i have a valid 5 year Canadian TRV which will expire 2021.
Do you think I have to mail the Canadian embassy of my intentions to give birth in Canada
Advice pls.....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tutsy50: 12:18am On Aug 12, 2019
Yes,I have. For summer 2017.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:34am On Aug 12, 2019
Ok. good to go

Tutsy50:

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tutsy50: 1:57am On Aug 12, 2019
So I don't need to inform them then?was thinking I should just have enough money at the POE ���
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:33am On Aug 12, 2019
nd state why u here

Tutsy50:
So I don't need to inform them then?was thinking I should just have enough money at the POE ���
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 4:11am On Aug 12, 2019
Tutsy50:

Tutsy50:

Like she said, you are good to go. Adequate preparations (arm yourself to the teeth with a sound birthing plan), coming in with more than enough money and declaring your birthing intent at the POE should suffice....

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aakaay: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hotstepper:
Ok. good to go

Hello Hotstepper, please can you help with contact details for a good hospital and doctor in calgary? i want to include this in my application, if this is okay? i already have an invite for i, son and my husband from a family friend who stays in calgary.

Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tutsy50: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Thank you all for your response.God bless.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
It is either u get ur family friend to help you with this request or make use of google

[quote author=aakaay post=81181456][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OakPearl(m): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
OakPearl:

At this point I feel obliged to give feedback whether it is palatable or not grin, just for the information of the house.
So today makes it exactly 2 months since submission of online application with biometrics done. No reply still.
Mind made up to birth here in 9ja when July came without a word from the embassy.
By the way, baby arriving soon in 9ja with the same high level of enthusiasm as ever.
If visa is eventually granted, will use for vacation.
Still wishing all intending Canny momas the best of luck here.

People of God, I am back to give back.
So our sweet angel arrived gloriously in 9ja on Saturday, and the excitement is much more than a visa approval could bring. grin grin grin
While we were still rejoicing and enjoying the sweetness of her arrival, I got a mail from the embassy two days after she was born that we can submit our passport. I guess for visa approval ni.
Suddenly, we moved from a hopeless wait for a visa, to double celebration of both baby's safe delivery and visa approval. Chai! grin grin grin
We shall jejely submit and use visa for vacations beleful and possible future birth jor. grin grin grin
N/B: We stated in our application that it was for birthing by the way.
And though I had a valid US visa, wifey was refused US visa before we applied for Canada.
Submitted online application 7th June, biometrics done 11th June, request for passport received 20th August.
Please don't give up. Whether US denied you is not as important as being truthful and keeping hope alive, its a game of destiny.
I still wish all Canny Moma hopefuls here the best.

CC: Hotstepper
CC: Omobendel
Elders please how do I apply for our two kids to include them on our future vacation trip?
Pls help.

17 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
[quote author=OakPearl post=81494957]

People of God, I am back to give back.
So our sweet angel arrived gloriously in 9ja on Saturday, and the excitement is much more than a visa approval could bring. grin grin grin]

Congratulations OakPearl, may GOD bless the baby!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2019
Soba2019:
Hello hotstepper. Pls I need advice . I am going for a CS in Canada. I have a friend there to stay with but would like to stay for just 3weeks post delivery cuz I have other kids in naija. I am currently 23wks GA. What kind of visa shd I apply for? Any link with hospitals in Alberta and a place to stay if I decide to not stay with my friend and her husband? Thank you.
Where in Alberta? If in Edmonton, try Missericordia, GreyNun, etc.
Get your friend book help you book appointment with their family doctor if they have. It is the family doctor that will refer you to an obstetrician and you can use the hospital he/she is affiliated with.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.