Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (686286 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
Do yoy have dr info for Calgary?

Oleayo22:

Where in Alberta? If in Edmonton, try Missericordia, GreyNun, etc.
Get your friend book help you book appointment with their family doctor if they have. It is the family doctor that will refer you to an obstetrician and you can use the hospital he/she is affiliated with.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2019
OakPearl:

People of God, I am back to give back.
So our sweet angel arrived gloriously in 9ja on Saturday, and the excitement is much more than a visa approval could bring. grin grin grin
While we were still rejoicing and enjoying the sweetness of her arrival, I got a mail from the embassy two days after she was born that we can submit our passport. I guess for visa approval ni.
Suddenly, we moved from a hopeless wait for a visa, to double celebration of both baby's safe delivery and visa approval. Chai! grin grin grin
We shall jejely submit and use visa for vacations beleful and possible future birth jor. grin grin grin
N/B: We stated in our application that it was for birthing by the way.
And though I had a valid US visa, wifey was refused US visa before we applied for Canada.
Submitted online application 7th June, biometrics done 11th June, request for passport received 20th August.
Please don't give up. Whether US denied you is not as important as being truthful and keeping hope alive, its a game of destiny.
I still wish all Canny Moma hopefuls here the best.

CC: Hotstepper
CC: Omobendel
Elders please how do I apply for our two kids to include them on our future vacation trip?
Pls help.

Wow! Big congratulations to you and your wife on the arrival of your bundle of joy, and on your Passport Request indicating visa approval. It’s all good my brother, do enjoy the joy of the addition to the family, painful though, I remember telling you it was going to be a tight one per the timing of the application submission.

Thanks to God, you declared your intention to birth in Canada appropriately in your application, that’s a whole lot of edge now, your baby’s visa approval is almost certain, worry less. Don’t be in a hurry to use the visa at all. Your wife and baby can easily and “jejelly” obtain a US visa too, it will be much more easier now with the Canadian visa. There are different sequences to follow though

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OakPearl(m): 3:05am On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=JESUnifemi4eva post=81506652][/quote]

Amen.
Many thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OakPearl(m): 3:09am On Aug 23, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Wow! Big congratulations to you and your wife on the arrival of your bundle of joy, and on your Passport Request indicating visa approval. It’s all good my brother, do enjoy the joy of the addition to the family, painful though, I remember telling you it was going to be a tight one per the timing of the application submission.

Thanks to God, you declared your intention to birth in Canada appropriately in your application, that’s a whole lot of edge now, your baby’s visa approval is almost certain, worry less. Don’t be in a hurry to use the visa at all. Your wife and baby can easily and “jejelly” obtain a US visa too, it will be much more easier now with the Canadian visa. There are different sequences to follow though

Your response is so soothing.
Thanks a lot and God bless you richly.
Would appreciate some schooling on the bolded at your convenience please.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Okolinneoma(f): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2019
Greetings house,
I sent an email over the weekend to make an enquiry about my visa application. I applied june2nd and did biometrics June 13th. I got a mail today requesting for:
1)provide evidence( medical documents) that you are pregnant.
2)provide evidence( letter from a doctor in Canada) that your stated appointment is confirmed. Request the dr in Canada to provide you with an estimated cost of delivery and other fees involved in your birth tourism project.
3)pls provide additional proof of funds if the estimated cost is higher than what you have submitted in your current budget.
This must be recieved by 28/08/2019.. sent from the London office.

N:B I already made an appointment with a doctor via phone and included it in my letter of explanation as the Canadian doctors don’t give correspondence. The doctors office also gave me their bill, which was what I used to make my budget.
Please, I need your suggestions on how to go about this. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
OakPearl:

So our sweet angel arrived gloriously in 9ja on Saturday, and the

Elders please how do I apply for our two kids to include them on our future vacation trip?
Pls help.

Congratulations on your princess and your visa. You did a very nice job with your application. Only. Plan vacation with wifey, better still apply for your daughters and you all travel together.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Okolinneoma:
Greetings house,
I sent an email over the weekend to make an enquiry about my visa application.

N:B I already made an appointment with a doctor via phone and included it in my letter of explanation as the Canadian doctors don’t give correspondence. The doctors office also gave me their bill, which was what I used to make my budget.
Is this Dr K?
I guess you have other requirements except Dr's letter. You can send me a PM . The time is short though but its achievable.
It's also good to know they now consider medical visa for childbirth.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Okolinneoma(f): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Candybright:

Is this Dr K?
I guess you have other requirements except Dr's letter. You can send me a PM . The time is short though but its achievable.
It's also good to know they now consider medical visa for childbirth.
Yes I have other requirements. I have sent a PM, kindly check.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I am so delighted hearing both news.

You can apply for your other kids when you are ready for vacation.

OakPearl:

So our sweet angel arrived gloriously in 9ja on Saturday, and the excitement is much more than a visa approval could bring. grin grin grin
While we were still rejoicing and enjoying the sweetness of her arrival, I got a mail from the embassy two days after she was born that we can submit our passport. I guess for visa approval ni.
Suddenly, we moved from a hopeless wait for a visa, to double celebration of both baby's safe delivery and visa approval. Chai! grin grin grin
We shall jejely submit and use visa for vacations beleful and possible future birth jor. grin grin grin
N/B: We stated in our application that it was for birthing by the way.
And though I had a valid US visa, wifey was refused US visa before we applied for Canada.
Submitted online application 7th June, biometrics done 11th June, request for passport received 20th August.
Please don't give up. Whether US denied you is not as important as being truthful and keeping hope alive, its a game of destiny.
I still wish all Canny Moma hopefuls here the best.

CC: Hotstepper
CC: Omobendel
Pls help.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OakPearl(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Candybright:

Congratulations on your princess and your visa. You did a very nice job with your application. Only. Plan vacation with wifey, better still apply for your daughters and you all travel together.

Thank you so much for this.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OakPearl(m): 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hotstepper:
BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I am so delighted hearing both news.

You can apply for your other kids when you are ready for vacation.

Oh great to get your candid advise ma.
Please no one should give up on applying for birth tourism to Canada.
Just make sure you put forward a water-tight application.
I pray you all get your heart's desires granted.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
OakPearl:

Thank you so much for this.

Congratulations.. tapping into your blessings.

Anyone got idea if the embassy verifies available balance in the account during the visa approval process?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2019
scorpio1:

Congratulations.. tapping into your blessings.

Anyone got idea if the embassy verifies available balance in the account during the visa approval process?
They may not verify balance but they usually send statement to bank to confirm if the submitted statement originated from them and if its genuine

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2019
@hotstepper, pls I sent you a mail, kindly help respond pls, I really need your help & guidance.

Hotstepper:

nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Etc

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by yellowruffle: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2019
Hi, Please if you dont mind sharing how you applied to give birth in canada, help !! i need to start processing mine. i have a B1 / B2 USA visa that is still valid for 1 year but with all this current happening i am thinking it will be great or better to go canada way !!

Anyone with info that can help on how to process giving birth in canada. please share !!

Okolinneoma:
Greetings house,
I sent an email over the weekend to make an enquiry about my visa application. I applied june2nd and did biometrics June 13th. I got a mail today requesting for:
1)provide evidence( medical documents) that you are pregnant.
2)provide evidence( letter from a doctor in Canada) that your stated appointment is confirmed. Request the dr in Canada to provide you with an estimated cost of delivery and other fees involved in your birth tourism project.
3)pls provide additional proof of funds if the estimated cost is higher than what you have submitted in your current budget.
This must be recieved by 28/08/2019.. sent from the London office.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
yellowruffle:
Hi, Please if you dont mind sharing how you applied to give birth in canada, help !! i need to start processing mine. i have a B1 / B2 USA visa that is still valid for 1 year but with all this current happening i am thinking it will be great or better to go canada way !!

Anyone with info that can help on how to process giving birth in canada. please share !!

Are you currently pregnant?
You may have to go through the pages to gather as much info aa possible.
First, you have to know qhat documents are needed, gather them and wither do an online application or paper application.
Atleast it's good you have a valid U.S visa
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Njella: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
@chayil18 Please could you give me your Drs contact..I went to the hospita and couldn't get any direct information. Thanks!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by yellowruffle: 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2019
yes i am pregnant, in my 4th month

Candybright:

Are you currently pregnant?
You may have to go through the pages to gather as much info aa possible.
First, you have to know qhat documents are needed, gather them and wither do an online application or paper application.
Atleast it's good you have a valid U.S visa

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Okolinneoma(f): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
yellowruffle:

I did the online route and I indicated I will be going for childbirth. Documents attached are as follows. Bank statements
Letter of introduction from my coy.
Marriage certificate
Travel history
DH’s Work ID
Sponsorship letter from spouse ..
all I can remember for now .

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sweetfunkky: 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
Congratulations
Please can you help with infomation on how to process birthing in Canada and the required documents? Thanks.
OakPearl:

Oh great to get your candid advise ma.
Please no one should give up on applying for birth tourism to Canada.
Just make sure you put forward a water-tight application.
I pray you all get your heart's desires granted.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Graced2018: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2019
APT! i know this was posted in 2016 but it provides some direction.

Thanks for sharing.

jinnyz:
Hello Ladies I recently had my baby in Calgary, Canada. Before I applied I read nairaland from pg 1 to 20 plus then. Pls let's read the ALL the pages before asking any question.

At the point of Entry the officer just asked my why am in canada, I said Visiting. He asked who?, what I do for a living & other random questions that has nothing to do with my pregnancy, don't think I spent more than 1 minute him.

My bill for Vaginal Delivery

Admittance fee 838,
Hosp fee daily 3673 (For 24 hrs)
Baby's Hosp bill 1080
Obstetrician fee 500
Paediatrician fee 250
Total CAD$6,341

Other Expenses
Birth Certificate long 60
Birth Certificate short 41
Passport photo 25.2
Canadian Passport 107
Nigerian Travel Doc 100
Post to Nig. Embassy to & Fro 40
My baby's KLM ticket 243.5

Please Note: If they had asked me if I was pregnant at the Point of entry I would have said YES. There is no point lieing when u r obviously pregnant. If u r lucky u can meet a good officer.

This bill does not include seeing doc before & after delivery. I posted my bill to give a guideline, bills varies from the city u give birth, the doctor, type of delivery and also if there is complication.

I want to use this opportunity to thank Hotstepper for her assistance when applying for baby's Nigeria document. I wld HV applied for Nigerian Visa or passport for baby BT she explained to me that its not necessary. I should just apply for Emergency Travel Certificate for baby which is cheaper & faster.

If you need further information I will try my best to answer. Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
Hotstepper:
Do yoy have dr info for Calgary?

No ma.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nadesh(f): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
grin grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nadesh(f): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lol@No Ma....I am a youngie ooo ..heheh
If anybody have plz put up here or anywhere in alberta so ppl heading there can help themselves.

Oleayo22:

No ma.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Laurieuc: 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
Good day everyone, been reading through this thread for a bit. Is there anyone that has info on an affordable part of Canada to give birth knowing that it's likely to be by CS and you don't have anyone with you to assist? How does one get accommodation and a person that can assist for awhile after birth and also a good doctor / hospital
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sweetie12: 4:45am On Sep 01, 2019
This is a continuation of my earlier post.
I finally had my baby 2 months ago.
The bill below is a one night hospital stay for vaginal birth. Brampton civic hospital
As mentioned earlier I used Dr kayode Ayodele
Birth certificate took almost 3 weeks. This is because I made a mistake in the postal address. I had to send a a fax which delayed the process. Please pay attention to details. Thank you everyone who shared their experience because it was really helpful. I stayed with my sister in-law so didn’t have to worry about food, accommodation and transport. Total hospital bill

Hospital was 2000 CAD
Baby 600

Dr including prenatal, birth, epidural n post 3500 CAD

Lab n blood work 87CAD (Dr accepted most of my lab from Ghana) I used Dynacare

Pediatrician visit after birth was free

Passport (fast track 5 working days) 105
Birth certificate 60
Visa Ghana ( fast track 2 days ) 150
Ticket 98 Brussels airlines

Total 6600

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2019
Congratulations and thank u for coming bk to share with us. God bless.

I want to use this medium to inform furture mothers that hospitals here has changed, probably because of the experience they are having .

For example,Brampton Civic how reguire you to deposit 8000 CAD upon coming to the hospital so please let us be aware especially for those who borrow money to.do medical visa or those who cuz they do not havr enough fund apply for visiting visa.

As much as we all.hope for VA birth, anything can happen, thus why it is important to have more than enough in case of emegerncy .

Happy Sunday!

Sweetie12:
This is a continuation of my earlier post.
I finally had my baby 2 months ago.
The bill below is a one night hospital stay for vaginal birth. Brampton civic hospital
As mentioned earlier I used Dr kayode Ayodele
Birth certificate took almost 3 weeks. This is because I made a mistake in the postal address. I had to send a a fax which delayed the process. Please pay attention to details. Thank you everyone who shared their experience because it was really helpful. I stayed with my sister in-law so didn’t have to worry about food, accommodation and transport. Total hospital bill

Hospital was 2000 CAD
Baby 600

Dr including prenatal, birth, epidural n post 3500 CAD

Lab n blood work 87CAD (Dr accepted most of my lab from Ghana) I used Dynacare

Pediatrician visit after birth was free

Passport (fast track 5 working days) 105
Birth certificate 60
Visa Ghana ( fast track 2 days ) 150
Ticket 98 Brussels airlines

Total 6600
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Graceee: 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2019
Is it good to use a general hospital for birth tourism visa??
@ the gurus please assit...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
I do not understand your question. u mean general hospital in Naija?

Graceee:
Is it good to use a general hospital for birth tourism visa??
@ the gurus please assit...

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vitrendy4eva: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
Wow. But this is just like a security deposit right? I'm guessing the balance should be refundable after your stay.
Hotstepper:
Congratulations and thank u for coming bk to share with us. God bless.

I want to use this medium to inform furture mothers that hospitals here has changed, probably because of the experience they are having .

For example,Brampton Civic how reguire you to deposit 8000 CAD upon coming to the hospital so please let us be aware especially for those who borrow money to.do medical visa or those who cuz they do not havr enough fund apply for visiting visa.

As much as we all.hope for VA birth, anything can happen, thus why it is important to have more than enough in case of emegerncy .

Happy Sunday!

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.