Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683203 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nadesh(f): 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
@Hotstepper , i replied your email but it seems it didn't go through. Thank you for all your help. Am not traveling anytime soon cos I had a miscarriage.
God knows the best.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
Oh no....God will double it for u soonest.

nadesh:
@Hotstepper , i replied your email but it seems it didn't go through. Thank you for all your help. Am not traveling anytime soon cos I had a miscarriage.
God knows the best.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NothingDoMe: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
@nadesh. May God bless and comfort you and your family during this time. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nadesh(f): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
NothingDoMe:
@nadesh. May God bless and comfort you and your family during this time. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Hotstepper:
Oh no....God will double it for u soonest.

Amen. Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
Greetings @hotstepper, sent you an email since, was expecting a reply...
Thanks to all the honest people that have shared their experiences here.
Finally, I have made up mind to start application for wifey, she's 4months gone, I was thinking of applying for her alone but on a second thought, I think I will apply to travel with her (intended date of travel is 27th September)
Should we both apply as tourists or should I specify she is going to give birth while I want to accompany her.
Please a detailed guidance will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Saskbound: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
Please always state the intention of your travel. If your wife intends to have a baby that’s what you must state in your application to avoid stories that touch. Good luck �
scorpio1:
Greetings @hotstepper, sent you an email since, was expecting a reply...
Thanks to all the honest people that have shared their experiences here.
Finally, I have made up mind to start application for wifey, she's 4months gone, I was thinking of applying for her alone but on a second thought, I think I will apply to travel with her (intended date of travel is 27th September)
Should we both apply as tourists or should I specify she is going to give birth while I want to accompany her.
Please a detailed guidance will be appreciated.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 3:15am On Jul 27, 2019
Thanks for the tip @saksbound, hopefully we will meet you up in Sasktown soon.
Will be starting application fully next week.
I tried downloading some documents from CIC but get this PDF error?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Saskbound: 5:36am On Jul 27, 2019
Try using another brower ....
scorpio1:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 11:34am On Jul 27, 2019
Download the pdf fileand save it on your desktop. Then open the saved file from your desktop. Hope this help

scorpio1:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
jossy404:
Download the pdf fileand save it on your desktop. Then open the saved file from your desktop. Hope this help

Thanks @jossy404, it worked when opened directly from the PDF Reader.

Please, is it compulsory to have a letter of invitation for tourism/ medical visit?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lami88: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
scorpio1:

Thanks @jossy404, it worked when opened directly from the PDF Reader.

Please, is it compulsory to have a letter of invitation for tourism/ medical visit?

No. Hotel booking will do. But you must be able to show you have enough funds for it
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
lami88:

No. Hotel booking will do. But you must be able to show you have enough funds for it
Ok @lami88
Thanks for that, will go with the hotel reservation.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Judzygal(f): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
please can you give me the contact of your doctor in scarborough?

Chayil18:
Hello all,

Got in on Tuesday. Got visitors visa (wasn't pregnant when i applied but sent a letter to the embassy). POE was tough but was stamped in for 6 months.
Now i am in a fix, the doctor i got is in Scarborough but i'm now living in Missisauga (Milton).

Please can anyone assist with a doctor close to Mississauga ?

I've tried getting but yet to see any willing to accept me.

Your urgent response is appreciated
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Judzygal(f): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
please i need correspondence from a doctor in ontario...

the name and contact of any doctor you know in ontario that gives correspondence will be much appreciated.

thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Judzygal(f): 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
please can i get your doctors contact...i am looking for a doctor in ontario.

Wumami:
Hello Hotstepper, I sent you a dm. Really need your help. I applied for a visa for birthing purpose and I just got a response for additional documents. Which is to include letter of appointment from a Doctor. I have a few days to respond. Are you able to please help me? I applied to go to Ontario.

Please help.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ardunolarh(f): 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
Newbeecey:
Hello,

Please let us know what recent info you have on this process; I would also love to ask you some personal questions if you have already had your baby and are a PR.

Thanks

Not a permanent resident. The hospital gives you the birth registration form to fill once you put to bed and their health records office helps submit.This can take a while , so if you are leaving the country earlier. It's better to tell them at the hospital and apply for an expedited birth registration attaching your flight tickets and a letter stating why you want it fast tracked plus any other requirement from their end.

Once you have been given the estimated duration birth reg will take in the hospital, you go to a nearby registry to register for the birth certificate . If you cant wait for it to be mailed to you, inform them there you will prefer to pick up from the document office at Alberta Vital Statistics office downtown, which is faster, they will tell you when to pick up and hours of pick up is (1-4pm).

Next step you proceed for passport application at Canada Place which is about a 7 mins walk from Alberta vital statistics , Edmonton downtown. Pick up the form for Child , there is also a place in the building where you can take your baby's passport (better to take it there for right dimension issues). If you have all documents required for filling the form right there and all needed parties (including guarantor(if either of the parent is not a citizen) required to fill the form , you can submit right there. You can also expedite by applying for express if your travel date is close by showing your flight ticket or any reason you want it fast tracked .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2019
Supernatural198:
•Good day everyone
I am sorry I haven't share since my last post...I eventually gave birth here in Nigeria,few week later I got a reply that my application was denied. Reason was

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out
your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect
your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment
prospects in your country of residence.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment
situation.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My new born is now three months old.... Am thinking I should reapply again as family towards Xmas Holiday... I need opinions of the house pls.

Congrat on safe delivery.

Those reasons are generic. You won't know until you see your GCMC Notes.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajajd: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2019
Good afternoon house, please can someone help me with the email with which I can email Canada Embassy,my application is way too long over due. And I'm running out of time, currently 30weeks. Quick response would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2019
Google it nd send to all their embassies u see email addy

ajajd:
Good afternoon house, please can someone help me with the email with which I can email Canada Embassy,my application is way too long over due. And I'm running out of time, currently 30weeks. Quick response would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Youngjenny: 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
ajajd:

Hello, I’m in a similar situation but I’m 34 weeks and I don’t know if I should give up or bother emailing them, please did they get back to you and what did they say?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajajd: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2019
Youngjenny:

Hello, I’m in a similar situation but I’m 34 weeks and I don’t know if I should give up or bother emailing them, please did they get back to you and what did they say?
My Dear I have not ooo, as I am not even understanding what I'm browsing. But when did you actually applied? Was it online?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajajd: 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
[quote author=Hotstepper post=80871179]Google it nd send to all their embassies u see email addy

Thanks for your response, I actually did, just not getting any email addy
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
Youngjenny:

I think we should look out for other countries that offer citizenship since this Canada is proving stubborn. U.S aint helping too
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 1:35am On Aug 03, 2019
Candybright:

I think we should look out for other countries that offer citizenship since this Canada is proving stubborn. U.S aint helping too

lol!...why don't you all try Brazil?

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 7:00am On Aug 03, 2019
Youngjenny:

For the emails, @omobendel posted them here. flip backward, you will see them. However, @ 34 weeks, have a pry plan to have your baby in Nija. It takes 15 days to get a reply and if visa is approved, the time to get your passport back might not be encouraging. If your visa is approved eventually, you might use it for your subsequent missionary wink wink

I wish you all safe delivery.

@ajajd this reference to the emails applies to you too. Good luck!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 7:03am On Aug 03, 2019
Candybright:

Brazil offers but if you don't apply for medical visa, you might be asked for preg test.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Faithyyyyy: 10:46am On Aug 03, 2019
For those experiencing long delays with their visa applications, i think the paper route is faster as against the online route judging from my experience.
We submitted on the 14th which was a friday and our visas were stamped on the 26th.we got picked our passports on the 10th of the following month.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2019
Congrats! Medical or tourism?

Faithyyyyy:
For those experiencing long delays with their visa applications, i think the paper route is faster as against the online route judging from my experience.
We submitted on the 14th which was a friday and our visas were stamped on the 26th.we got picked our passports on the 10th of the following month.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scorpio1(m): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2019
Faithyyyyy:

@faithyyyy, you mean 14th of June this year?
Are there any difference in documents to be submitted for paper route vs Online?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Soba2019: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hotstepper:
Congratulations.Go with medical visa and if possible get your friend to write an IV for u. Good luck

Hello hotstepper. Pls I need advice . I am going for a CS in Canada. I have a friend there to stay with but would like to stay for just 3weeks post delivery cuz I have other kids in naija. I am currently 23wks GA. What kind of visa shd I apply for? Any link with hospitals in Alberta and a place to stay if I decide to not stay with my friend and her husband? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2019
Medical visa and get ur friend to hp u with hospital etc

Soba2019:
Hello hotstepper. Pls I need advice . I am going for a CS in Canada. I have a friend there to stay with but would like to stay for just 3weeks post delivery cuz I have other kids in naija. I am currently 23wks GA. What kind of visa shd I apply for? Any link with hospitals in Alberta and a place to stay if I decide to not stay with my friend and her husband? Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajajd: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2019
folmus:

For the emails, @omobendel posted them here. flip backward, you will see them. However, @ 34 weeks, have a pry plan to have your baby in Nija. It takes 15 days to get a reply and if visa is approved, the time to get your passport back might not be encouraging. If your visa is approved eventually, you might use it for your subsequent missionary wink wink

I wish you all safe delivery.

@ajajd this reference to the emails applies to you too. Good luck!

Thanks once more Gallant Hotstepper... @Omobendel24 please kindly help a Sister, I wouldn't mind appreciating in a pleasant way, my eyes are already paining as a result of flipping back seeking for the emails, please help me with the email address, please.. thanks in addy

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.