Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682696 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by placebo(f): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
I applied for my Canadian visa in South Africa but did my biometric in Nigeria. I believe it is possible.

[quote author=Mamakene post=83643551][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Judzygal(f): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hotstepper:
No I do not and since you have a sister here, get her to help you ( u have advantage here) esp the hopsital in her city nd close by.

Someone mentioned about McKenzie Health which is close to your sis but I do not know if they accept payment before arrival and i think their deposite ia 7500

I am still looking for hospital ... My sister called some and visited some, none has accepted to Receive payment prior to my arrival.... they even said registration can only be done in person.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
Good evening everyone,
Pls I intend attaching a document to our already submitted application using the web form, I am reviewing the form & I find it difficult to understand what is required in the fields for “Enquirer information”. I have all the details of the applicant but the “enquirer information” is what I don’t understand, please help me. What am I required to do? Gurus in the house, kindly assist. @hotstepper, @Omobendel, @candy brighter & other gurus here, pls help.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
It is a family application, I am the applicant, my pregnant wife & my 2 years old son.
I have every other details but not sure what “enquirer information” is.
My people, kindly assist me.
Thanks for all the good work.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 4:35am On Nov 05, 2019
Calypso1234:
Good evening everyone,
Pls I intend attaching a document to our already submitted application using the web form, I am reviewing the form & I find it difficult to understand what is required in the fields for “Enquirer information”. I have all the details of the applicant but the “enquirer information” is what I don’t understand, please help me. What am I required to do? Gurus in the house, kindly assist. @hotst epper, @Omobende l, @candy brighter & other gurus here, pls help.
If you are the applicant, click on applicant. Write applicants names, phone numbers, email....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thanks a lot Candy Bright.

Candybright:

If you are the applicant, click on applicant. Write applicants names, phone numbers, email....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Smartest22: 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello, Please I'm 2months pregnant and applying for a visitors Visa to Canada. Should I declare my pregnancy? Will I be refused a Visa on account of the pregnancy? I have travel history (UK, Europe). Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Semisolasola: 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Read through the thread you will definitely find your answers..the questions you asked have been tackled..just take your time and read
Smartest22:
Hello, Please I'm 2months pregnant and applying for a visitors Visa to Canada. Should I declare my pregnancy? Will I be refused a Visa on account of the pregnancy? I have travel history (UK, Europe). Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
you cannot be preggy and not think of declaring it. You should apply for a medical visa

Smartest22:

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2019
Smartest22:
If you are only going to be a visitor, apply for visitors visa. If going for medical, apply for medical.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Miriam88: 11:15am On Nov 06, 2019
pls do you know how long medical visa stays!! and info on that?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
I do not think anybody knows as nobosy has come to say but I wouls think it will be till the expiration of one's passport.

Miriam88:
pls do you know how long medical visa stays!! and info on that?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by newmomof2: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
hello all.

Thank you for all the information on this thread.

I got my visa before I got pregnant on tourism.

I have sent email to the embassy on change of intent to both tourism and birthing (no response yet).

I intend to have USD10 000 on me at POE

I have booked reservatiom on airbnb and part payment for my 12weeks planned stay in Canada.

I intend to use Dr. Ted at Humber river hospital in Toronto

I am apprehensive about POE.

Is there anything else i shld plan or carry along for smoother POE.

Also, can anyone advise of details of nanny or omugwo services that I can use. because after CS and taking the trip alone, i would need some help.

Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
CONGRATATIONS! you will be fine at POE cuz u have ur funds, dr details nd where u will be staying .

As for Nanny, for how long, live in or live out and when?

newmomof2:
hello all.

Thank you for all the information on this thread.

I got my visa before I got pregnant on tourism.

I have sent email to the embassy on change of intent to both tourism and birthing (no response yet).

I intend to have USD10 000 on me at POE

I have booked reservatiom on airbnb and part payment for my 12weeks planned stay in Canada.

I intend to use Dr. Ted at Humber river hospital in Toronto

I am apprehensive about POE.

Is there anything else i shld plan or carry along for smoother POE.

Also, can anyone advise of details of nanny or omugwo services that I can use. because after CS and taking the trip alone, i would need some help.

Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
g
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Miriam88: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
hi, i have sent a mail to you.

Giving birth 27 sep 2019 at Scarborough général hospital:
2800 Mother
1650 baby
250 lab
Dr ko obgyn : 1500+200
Epidural :700
Total : 6950
Birthcertificate : 60
Photo : 15
Passport :167
Good luck[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ok, I will look into this but these things in this paer of the world is like normal job so not cheap. If I may ask, what part of the city will u be staying? how much dis the one you have charging? how many days a week would u need the person and for how many hours? Also, what exactly will the person be doing?

Bluefin:
Please i need a live out nanny also. Hotstepper please let me know if you have any contacts or companies that outsource this. Found a night nurse agency but i did not make up my mind to go with them yet since i think i can get something cheaper. Someone on a contract basis from March 5- May 15th. Please anyone that knows anyone can help
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ewaen1987: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hello lanke, pls i need your assistance as i am having the same issue..the Canadian embassy has requested i send proof from a competent Canadian authority..

I dont know how to go about it..they need my feedback before Nov 15th.

Please help a sister..thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ewaen1987: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
Pls i have this same issue..i need help o..sis have you resolved yours?if yes how did you go about it
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
T
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by newmomof2: 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
many thanks for your quick response.

You really put my mind at ease for the POE.

Its a struggle to get sth via email from the doctor. Just phone call so far on cost and his acceptance. all verbal. I will keep pushing to get an appointment schedule or sth that i can also print along to POE.

Regarding nanny,
it would be a live out nanny.
come in a few hours maybe 4days in a week or all days of the week. I will need the said person for 3weeks at the most.

I struggle to give exact dates cos my past pregnancy was high risk so i dance to the tune of my baby... but it would be after birth... maybe around 3rd week in January.

my apartment is close to Humber river hospital. someplace around Keele street.

duties of the nanny - mainly around meal preps, helping around d house, laundry, maybe grocery shopping once (if necessary), just few things for the baby.. i figure i would be mostly doing everything for the infant.

if you have any leads or suggestion, i will appreciate it. If you also don't mind taking this to a more private medium, i would prefer it.

Thanks so much for your response.

Hotstepper:
CONGRATATIONS! you will be fine at POE cuz u have ur funds, dr details nd where u will be staying .

As for Nanny, for how long, live in or live out and when?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tabeski: 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hello Hotstepper, please is there a way I can reach you directly? I have some personal questions I need to ask regarding delivery in Canada.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FADEO: 12:49am On Nov 07, 2019
Judzygal:
I applied for tourists visa and I indicated giving birth as my purpose..
I am using doctor ayoDele, and he doesn't give email correspondence. Tho I wrote his details in my loe incase they wanna get confirmation...
I fixed 5million and attached the certificate and also my husband's account statement and mine... And I stated in my loe that the fixed money is specifically for the trip...
I paid for health insurance in case of emergency outside birthing ....
Today, I received this mail and I honestly don't understand..

This refers to your application for a Canadian temporary resident visa.

In order to continue with the processing of your application:

· You are required to provide proof from a competent Canadian Health Authority that formal arrangements have been made to provide payment for health services related to the birth. A letter from a family doctor will not suffice, we are requesting official documents certified by a Regional Health Authority and hospital administration that formal payment arrangements have been made.

This information should be received by email before November 16, 2019.

Failure to do so may result in a refusal of your application.

PLEASE HOW DID YOU SOLVE THIS. MY WIFE JUST GOT THE SAME LETTER TODAY
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FADEO: 12:52am On Nov 07, 2019
Lankesolanke:
I think it’s something like this picture they are requesting for?i knew all those doctors correspondence doesn’t hold weight anymore from my research ..

please how do i get this. you can contact me through fregdave@gmail.com please do coppy my wife too: lydia.fregene@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FADEO: 1:01am On Nov 07, 2019
Candybright:

A child of 4years won't have to do biometrics. Check well.
That was quiet fast from what I've been seeing on Canada visit thread. If you don't hear from them in another 2weeks, write them to release her application. They do this and it's not new.

Apologies..typo ... Biometrics was for my Wife NOT my daughter.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2019
Seems this letter is the new deal now as almost everyone is told to update with that. I also guess it's a good development instead of outright refusal, they should make request for missing things like this.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FADEO: 4:27am On Nov 08, 2019
Lankesolanke:
I think it’s something like this picture they are requesting for?i knew all those doctors correspondence doesn’t hold weight anymore from my research ..

Please how do we go about this letter. Does anyone know any doctor willing to accept payment. Please help.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:11am On Nov 08, 2019
I doubt if any dr will want to take payment as they always want the person in the country 1st. You should focus on hospital cuz that is where people usually do not pay and leave the country and it costs alot of run these hospitals

FADEO:

Please how do we go about this letter. Does anyone know any doctor willing to accept payment. Please help.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2019
FADEO:

It's not just about doctor now as they boldly stated that letter from the doctor will not suffix. Focus on hospital now and if possible make that deposit to hospital. Doctor is an individual but hoapital isn t
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Njella: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
In the spirit of giving back....i'll narrate my experience.
I had my baby on the 23rd of September 2019...arrived Canada 4 weeks before at 35 weeks.
First things first ,I did my visa application all by myself with guidance from this site?visa came in 8weeks(online).Bought my ticket and headed down to Scarborough,Toronto. Luckily I had a friend who lives there so accommodation was a breeze.Went to Scarborough health centre was given the fees.
Mother...2800 per day
Baby.......1650 per day
Labwork...250(125 for both mother and child)
Doctor...1500(Dr Jing Qin)
First visit 200cad subsequent visits 80cad

kindly note Scarborough health centre,rouge valley and birchmount hospital are all under Scarborough health network (shn) so they have the same prices.
The only downside being if your child stay in the NICU the fee for baby changes to about 4000cad a day instead of 1650 per day.

Then went to Humber River Hospital
Mother...2680
Baby.....825
Doctor and paediatrician...2000(Dr Ted Kosalka)
First visit 120cad subsequent visits 60cad.
Blood work...190
My scan was accepted cause I did it just before I left.

So I decided on humber river after learning about the NICU fees at Sch even though I had paid,I requested a refund.

Please note they no longer do visa on arrival for babies so I got ETC Emergency travel certificate for 100cad alongside other documents you'll submit for processing.

All fees are relative as you'll spend alittle extra here and there so don't budget based on exact amounts stated. Transportation was easy with the bus and train and ofcourse uber.

Canadian passport was as easy as Abc...just follow the site guidance and they will mail it to you...mine came In 5 days.once your baby is born you can apply for all.

Don't forget to call the airline and add babies ticket...mine was 100cad..Lufthansa air.

I believe I've covered everything. Please feel free to ask Meaningful questions I'll try my best to reply. Thankyou all.
Remain blessed!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fatimaochojila(f): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
Thanks for elaborating,please did you get appointment letter from the hospital? Or your visa was granted without a connection to any hospital or doctor?quote author=Njella post=83849487]In the spirit of giving back....i'll narrate my experience.
I had my baby on the 23rd of September 2019...arrived Canada 4 weeks before at 35 weeks.
First things first ,I did my visa application all by myself with guidance from this site?visa came in 8weeks(online).Bought my ticket and headed down to Scarborough,Toronto. Luckily I had a friend who lives there so accommodation was a breeze.Went to Scarborough health centre was given the fees.
Mother...2800 per day
Baby.......1650 per day

kindly note Scarborough health centre,rouge valley and birchmount hospital are all under Scarborough health network (shn) so they have the same prices.
The only downside being if your child stay in the NICU the fee for baby changes to about 4000cad a day instead of 1650 per day.

Mother...2680
Baby.....825
Blood work...190

So I decided on humber river after learning about the NICU fees at Sch even though I had paid,I requested a refund.

Please note they no longer do visa on arrival for babies so I got ETC Emergency travel certificate for 100cad alongside other documents you'll submit for processing.

All fees are relative as you'll spend alittle extra here and there so don't budget based on exact amounts stated. Transportation was easy with the bus and train and ofcourse uber.

Canadian passport was as easy as Abc...just follow the site guidance and they will mail it to you...mine came In 5 days.once your baby is born you can apply for all.

Don't forget to call the airline and add babies ticket...mine was 100cad..Lufthansa air.

I believe I've covered everything. Please feel free to ask Meaningful questions I'll try my best to reply. Thankyou all.
Remain blessed!

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
Thank you for giving back.

1. u mailed passport application instead of going in person?

2. How long did it take you to apply for ETC and for you to get it back?

Njella:
In the spirit of giving back....i'll narrate my experience.
Mother...2800 per day
Baby.......1650 per day

Mother...2680
Baby.....825
Blood work...190

Remain blessed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.