Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (685802 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Has your BVL dropped yet?
Calypso1234:
Hi,
No, I didn’t get any such mail, in fact I haven’t received any mail from them except the monthly update which I receive at the beginning of each month & the content is always that my application is receiving attention, which is too vague for me.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by PriLayo: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
Demicoker:
You mean the Canadian health authority letter or what payment are you referring to?

Yes, the proof of payment to Regional authority.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2020
No ooo, nothing has dropped & it’s already 80th day since biometrics was done.

Demicoker:
Has your BVL dropped yet?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 03, 2020
80 days wow..send the mail ASAP and the webform too
Calypso1234:
No ooo, nothing has dropped & it’s already 80th day since biometrics was done.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
PriLayo:

Yes, the proof of payment to Regional authority.
Is it proof of payment or proof that you are in contact with a certified health authority and that necessary arrangements have been made?
This their English sef is confusing angry instead of them to speak simple English that everyone will understand. lipsrsealed
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 1:08am On Jan 04, 2020
Has anyone renewed visa after giving birth in Canada. Meanwhile I applied for study vida and was refused twice. Hope I will be given visa when I go to renew mine
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 04, 2020
I hope you declared birthing the first time tho
lynniebabes:
Has anyone renewed visa after giving birth in Canada. Meanwhile I applied for study vida and was refused twice. Hope I will be given visa when I go to renew mine
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 04, 2020
I think majority thinks is by paying deposits without properly communicating with the hospital/doctor..The English truly is confusing
Candybright:

Is it proof of payment or proof that you are in contact with a certified health authority and that necessary arrangements have been made?
This their English sef is confusing angry instead of them to speak simple English that everyone will understand. lipsrsealed
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
No I didn’t during the visa application. But at the airport yes.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
I don’t even feel like responding to anything until my visa approval comes out cheesy
Hotstepper:

today's new about birth tourism

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/birth-tourism-strain-1.5413296
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hotstepper:

We dey learn for wia dis Chinese people dey walahi! America say we no dey pay well, Canada say even if we pay and even pay well, we dey cause "scraw-scraw" for their organised system sotey the people wey dem dey resident inside dia kontri come dey get tikini care. Na wa oh! We own dey we body....

I happy well well say me and my babe don through wit dis two countries oh, na another phase dem wan enta for the birthing Mata so. America don almost lock dia side troway key for inside Atlantic Ocean, na Canada efribody be don face, dosewans don begin show diaself small small, even when na only small face people don face dem compared to America, everywia wan burst so cry

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mehnnn this is a big problem, chaiii I don dey lose hope for our visa application.
Well, May God’s will be done.

Hotstepper:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 1:16am On Jan 05, 2020
This Canadian people and their wahala. They should come and employ all them graduated doctor's in Nigeria and their problem will be almost solved.
They should expand their health system,
Even emergency case fit stay dey wait the whole day before getting the necessary attention.
But this Chinese people dey vex ooo. Naija ladies still dey learn work grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Masha2jk(f): 3:10am On Jan 05, 2020
Dear people of God . Please pay your bills o! This one they have started to complain about birth tourism.
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5413296
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 05, 2020
No need to fear no be today this kind news dey start..e don tay until they stop birth tourism complains go continue to dey.no big deal..and I don’t see the need to post this sha esp with d delay tension wey Dey people body,like una Dey mock us make we no come born for Canada una wey don already dey dere cheesy
Calypso1234:
Mehnnn this is a big problem, chaiii I don dey lose hope for our visa application.
Well, May God’s will be done.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shilling(f): 1:42am On Jan 08, 2020
You need provincial healthcare coverage to access a midwife, but you are entitled to midwifery services as a resident. You can also research various provinces to see what their healthcare coverage looks like, because each province can be quite different.

Remember that not everyone is eligible for a midwife depending on the nature of the pregnancy, and you may end up needing a doctor which is a huge hassle to sort out if you don't have coverage. So, I would look into getting coverage immediately you arrive.

https://www.ontariomidwives.ca/what-midwife
https://www.ontariomidwives.ca/sites/default/files/Handout%20for%20Uninsured%20Clients.pdf

Esomimi:
Good day all,

Please I have a question. I recently got my application for Permanent Residence approved and I intend to land in Canada in February. My due date is in the first week of April and i won't have insurance cover then. Please does anyone know of any midwifery service I can access before delivery? All the ones I have contacted are full.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
A refusal it was.
Applied Nov 2nd
Refused : January 6
Based on family ties in Canada and Nigeria and also purpose of visit
Majority have been refused but don’t come back to tell.
For those applying next,your application should be tight,I don’t know how else tho or mybe applicants should write to embassy and ask if Canada is still going on birth tourism at this point.
Success to those waiting!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
Demicoker:
A refusal it was.
Applied Nov 2nd
Sorry
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
If anyone have been approved or refused, come and update.
@demicoker did you make deposits? Have you travelled before?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
My application was tight!
Anything you want to ask I got everything accurate cheesy
Funds,travel
History,deposits,ties etc..
They are not just issuing visas at this moment!
Candybright:
If anyone have been approved or refused, come and update.
@demicoker did you make deposits? Have you travelled before?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lankesolanke: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Demicoker:
A refusal it was.
Applied Nov 2nd
For those applying next,your application should be tight,I don’t know how else tho or mybe applicants should write to embassy and ask if Canada is still going on birth tourism at this point.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by purplerain1: 4:36am On Jan 09, 2020
They are currently not issuing visas for birthing also if you apply for visit or tourism, you either get called on the phone or an interview, if you are pregnant, you get banned 5years

A refusal it was.
Applied Nov 2nd
[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Smarthill18(f): 6:08am On Jan 09, 2020
Why are they wasting our time then. Some of us have been waiting for months and have written with no response

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Canada2020: 7:03am On Jan 09, 2020
With all these denials, now I am scared, I was supposed to be planning PR move this year, ( still am) but baby Nos 2 is on the way due in May grin

I submitted my application Dec 18th, got the usual response last week to "provide proof from a competent Canadian Health Authority that formal arrangements have been made"

I just sent my payment receipts yesterday to the email, we wait.. fingers crossed

Maybe I should just go and try renewing my US visa sef because this is getting scary!

God dey!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oh My God.....this is getting more scary by the day.
Sorry for the refusal dear, now I see why this thread has not been busy for some time now.

Demicoker:
A refusal it was.
Applied Nov 2nd
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Didn’t you attach the receipts at the point of submission of your application?
I’m still wondering why they still asked for that even after you had made payment.
What category of payment did you make, was it Hospital payment or Doctor’s payment?
Advance payment or full payment?

Canada2020:
With all these denials, now I am scared, I was supposed to be planning PR move this year, ( still am) but baby Nos 2 is on the way due in May grin

I submitted my application Dec 18th, got the usual response last week to "provide proof from a competent Canadian Health Authority that formal arrangements have been made"

I just sent my payment receipts yesterday to the email, we wait.. fingers crossed

Maybe I should just go and try renewing my US visa sef because this is getting scary!

God dey!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Maymai: 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
What do you mean "if you're pregnant, you get banned"?

That is, if you're pregnant, applying for a visit Visa but fail to notify them, they ban you? That what you mean?

purplerain1:
They are currently not issuing visas for birthing also if you apply for visit or tourism, you either get called on the phone or an interview, if you are pregnant, you get banned 5years

A refusal it was.
Applied Nov 2nd

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Canada2020: 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
No I didnt make payment until they asked, full hospital payment was made

Calypso1234:
Didn’t you attach the receipts at the point of submission of your application?
I’m still wondering why they still asked for that even after you had made payment.
What category of payment did you make, was it Hospital payment or Doctor’s payment?
Advance payment or full payment?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by purplerain1: 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
YES

What do you mean "if you're pregnant, you get banned"?

That is, if you're pregnant, applying for a visit Visa but fail to notify them, they ban you? That what you mean?

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
purplerain1:
YES

Substantiate please. Is this actually outside the realm of assumption? Kindly let us hear the latest and the circumstances surrounding this your take, please.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lankesolanke: 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
g!
Canada2020:
No I didnt make payment until they asked, full hospital payment was made

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.