Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (685023 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MhizGladys(f): 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hotstepper:
Some people did

Hello Hotstepper, please reply my mail. Thank you 🤲🏼
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2023
Mopresh0645:
Hello everyone
Please can anyone help with getting doctors appointment to give birth in Toronto and also how to get a referral from a family doctor which i dont have

thanks
Do you have your visa already or in Toronto at the moment? You can try to give them a call.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beebeelicious: 6:35am On Mar 03, 2023
Hello everyone, please I would like to apply to Canada for the purpose of childbirth. Please kindly help me with the requirements and documents needed . The cost and how much bank statement should I have and can my employer use the company's bank statements and my employer be my sponsor as well?.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by deboks: 12:49am On Mar 09, 2023
Hello everyone. Asking for a very very close friend. She has 2PR siblings who live in Toronto and they put in a visiting visa invitation letter for Her and their mother. Both got visiting visas. She was 4months pregnant at the time of the application and is now 6months pregnant with the intention to arrive 7months. The intention was purely for Her mom to visit her 2 children in Canada . However she (my friend) was added to the application to assist her mom in travelling as her mom has never travel abroad, is 63 and speaks only broken English, no formal education and can barely operate a smart phone without help. Also my friend is the only sibling living in Nigeria hence the reason she was joined to the application.
They didn’t expect the visa to come out within 2months after application. Even though in their application the wrote timeline as March to May 2023 ( if wishes were horses … so they thought ) The plan was especially since Covid as things took longer to process that the visa would take 6-9 months average to process. She would have given birth and the baby would have grown to a certain extent that the father can cater while she takes her mom to the abroad. But as the visa came earlier than expected, plans changed for her to give birth in canada.
So here I am running to all of you for advice on her behalf. I am hearing this POE for the first time. What is your advice please. Her siblings are taking care of and paying for the child birthing fees, feeding, accommodation and transportation.
What are your thoughts and advice?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Adesinm: 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
deboks:
Hello everyone. Asking for a very very close friend. She has 2PR siblings who live in Toronto and they put in a visiting visa invitation letter for Her and their mother. Both got visiting visas. She was 4months pregnant at the time of the application and is now 6months pregnant with the intention to arrive 7months. The intention was purely for Her mom to visit her 2 children in Canada . However she (my friend) was added to the application to assist her mom in travelling as her mom has never travel abroad, is 63 and speaks only broken English, no formal education and can barely operate a smart phone without help. Also my friend is the only sibling living in Nigeria hence the reason she was joined to the application.
They didn’t expect the visa to come out within 2months after application. Even though in their application the wrote timeline as March to May 2023 ( if wishes were horses … so they thought ) The plan was especially since Covid as things took longer to process that the visa would take 6-9 months average to process. She would have given birth and the baby would have grown to a certain extent that the father can cater while she takes her mom to the abroad. But as the visa came earlier than expected, plans changed for her to give birth in canada.
So here I am running to all of you for advice on her behalf. I am hearing this POE for the first time. What is your advice please. Her siblings are taking care of and paying for the child birthing fees, feeding, accommodation and transportation.
What are your thoughts and advice?

If she doesnt look pregnant, she can come in and they might not ask her. If she does, they might ask more questions than norm, might want to see account statement showing enough funds for delivery and all.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Chiamaka18(f): 1:45am On Mar 24, 2023
Hi every one
Please can any one share recent information on their birthing journey in Canada. I will like to know the estimated cost, how to book for a hospital, accommodation and any other useful information.
I will appreciated your responses. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by SQ20: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2023
Good day,

Please my wife gave birth in Canada and is unable to return due to the fact that the Visa on Arrival Portal operated by Nigeria Immigration has been down for over 2 weeks now and it's been impossible to get the VOA.

Please can the child use an Emergency Travel Certificate instead and does anyone have a contact at the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa that can be of assistance?

Please treat as urgent! Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by d7thcaller: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
SQ20:
Good day,

Please my wife gave birth in Canada and is unable to return due to the fact that the Visa on Arrival Portal operated by Nigeria Immigration has been down for over 2 weeks now and it's been impossible to get the VOA.

Please can the child use an Emergency Travel Certificate instead and does anyone have a contact at the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa that can be of assistance?

Please treat as urgent! Thanks

Yes, your child can use the ETC, that was what my son used last year. It was my wife that did the processing at Ottawa and it was an easy process at the Commission
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by SQ20: 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
d7thcaller:

Yes, your child can use the ETC, that was what my son used last year. It was my wife that did the processing at Ottawa and it was an easy process at the Commission

I appreciate you. Thanks a million!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nimwin(f): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
Please how did you go about getting or registering with a hospital or doctor for your wife's delivery in Canada?
Was it done from Nigeria or your wife could just walk into any hospital there for treatment?

Also, how long did it take to process the baby's birth certificate and passport?

SQ20:

I appreciate you. Thanks a million!
d7thcaller:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by d7thcaller: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
nimwin:
Please how did you go about getting or registering with a hospital or doctor for your wife's delivery in Canada?
Was it done from Nigeria or your wife could just walk into any hospital there for treatment?

Also, how long did it take to process the baby's birth certificate and passport?

Birth certificate and passport was out within 3 weeks.
However, there is an expedited option for passport which will make the make to be out within 5 working days.

For hospital registration, its alot easier if you are already in Canada. Getting a doctor from Nigeria is pretty difficult but not impossible.

In my wife's case, when she got to Canada she had to google and called a couple of hospitals, made contacts before she got a gynea but it wasn't difficult.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
d7thcaller:

In my wife's case, when she got to Canada she had to google and called a couple of hospitals, made contacts before she got a gynea but it wasn't difficult.

Pls can you share your doctors number …. Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by d7thcaller: 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ydforlife:

Pls can you share your doctors number …. Thank you

I will get the number from my wife. Send me a DM so I can send it.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2023
d7thcaller:

I will get the number from my wife. Send me a DM so I can send it.

I am new here, trying to figure out how to send a dm!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by d7thcaller: 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ydforlife:

I am new here, trying to figure out how to send a dm!

I have sent the number to your email. Cheers
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nimwin(f): 8:30am On Apr 03, 2023
d7thcaller:

Thanks....I'm trying to send you a DM, please check your inbox
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 10:26pm On Apr 05, 2023
Zumabeezle:
U are one bold woman! Wishing you success out there. Safe delivery by the grace of God. I really commend you.

Pls can you share your doctor contact in Calgary ?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by WGCDDNE90: 2:39am On Apr 07, 2023
Please can anyone share a Gynaecologist’s contacts in Surrey, British Columbia. Also, costs of giving birth there and their experience. It will be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 11:24am On Apr 10, 2023
d7thcaller:

thank you I got it
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Treas006(f): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2023
Hello everyone

Please I need recommendations for daycare in Winnipeg preferably close to the University of Manitoba for my 14months old daughter

Will be going to the University to Study by Fall 2023 and I need to make provision for my daughter’s daycare. I will appreciate any suggestions on this pleases
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nimwin(f): 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
d7thcaller:

Please, like how much was the total cost for the hospital bill? Just so I can have an idea of what to prepare for. Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hello

Can anyone please suggest a good cheap GP or OB/GYNAE in Calgary area? I will be traveling specifically to SE area.

I’ve read almost all the posts but most of the info has been posted 5years for Calgary. There’s a new system there that has been established for birth tourists. Any idea please?
Has anyone experienced delivering in Rockyview or South Health Campus?

Help a sister out please 🙏
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
d7thcaller:

Can you DM me the number as well please? Which area is this doctor from btw?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
Happygirl5:
Hello

Can anyone please suggest a good cheap GP or OB/GYNAE in Calgary area? I will be traveling specifically to SE area.

I’ve read almost all the posts but most of the info has been posted 5years for Calgary. There’s a new system there that has been established for birth tourists. Any idea please?
Has anyone experienced delivering in Rockyview or South Health Campus?

Help a sister out please 🙏

Please anyone I am in need of your help urgently please 🙏
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by d7thcaller: 6:10am On Apr 12, 2023
Happygirl5:

Can you DM me the number as well please? Which area is this doctor from btw?

The doctor is not from Calgary so I guess his number will be of less help.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by d7thcaller: 6:18am On Apr 12, 2023
nimwin:

Please, like how much was the total cost for the hospital bill? Just so I can have an idea of what to prepare for. Thanks.

Everything was about 11,000cad.

Note:
Hospital stay for mother and child was 8000cad (two nights), so if you stay only one night it will be 4000cad
Other fees; epidural, etc was about 3000cad or thereabout.

Hope these helps.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
also asking for a friend. I would like to know if it was the birth package you got from Calgary. I have a friend who is meant to go but she sent a document that is asking them to deposit 15k CAD. This asides the gynae fees. Please did you get such document.

Happygirl5:

Please anyone I am in need of your help urgently please 🙏
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 1:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
Oleayo22:
also asking for a friend. I would like to know if it was the birth package you got from Calgary. I have a friend who is meant to go but she sent a document that is asking them to deposit 15k CAD. This asides the gynae fees. Please did you get such document.

Yes. I’ve received the same from a company that claims they deal with Alberta Health Services. I don’t know if it’s legit or not as not much info is provided by anyone.
Also, that they will assign you an OB and hospital as per their liking and you cannot choose at all. You will have to deposit 15k upfront
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2023
Oleayo22:

Do you have any information for delivering in Calgary?
Any info will be highly appreciated please 🙏
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Anyone has any information for delivering in Calgary??

Please I am in desperate need of your help.
Most clinics I call say they don’t want to accept out of country patients and are transferring me to another system catered to out of country tourists!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
No I don't have any info for Calgary. I am also seeking. I gave birth in Edmonton. You can check my story on this tread. I am looking for recent information from anyone.
Happygirl5:

Do you have any information for delivering in Calgary?
Any info will be highly appreciated please 🙏
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bimbss: 2:44am On Apr 18, 2023
Hi Everyone currently in Ontario and it’s been a struggle to get a family doctor or gynae. Please I will be very grateful if anyone can recommend or assist me in getting one please thank you 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.