Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684089 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 6:47am On Jun 09, 2023
DereI:

Please can someone recommend gynea, please i beg you in the name of the Lord, I will ne in calgary next week not yet find a gynea, can you share yours? Ny sister in calgary will personally call to ask for more info

When I gave birth, this was the process:

1. Regular visits to the family doctor until time for Oby gyn

2. Regular visits to Oby gyn who sent my information to the hospital where I’d have my baby.

3. Hospital called me with information they received and information I need to know.

4. On day of delivery, went to hospital and had baby.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Pls I am coming to Toronto ist werk in July, pls I need details I am coming at exactly 35 weeks pls help me with a dr and hospital.
Elizaboc:

I’m currently in Toronto to give birth. Send me a DM and I’ll answer all your questions.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2023
[qso how did u go about it? Did you pay the 15k? uote author=Ydforlife post=123477986][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 4:42am On Jun 17, 2023
[quote author=moyomola22 post=123668090][/quote]

Hey, pm me.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2023
DereI:
done that pls check

Hey, pm me.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 5:13am On Jul 02, 2023
moyomola22:
[qso how did u go about it? Did you pay the 15k? uote author=Ydforlife post=123477986]

Yes I did!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by daks02: 5:19am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello everyone,
So my sister gave birth recently in Edmonton, just want to share some brief details.
I found a gynae for her before she landed, she got a referral from my family doctor, paid $120 for that. I called around and we shortlisted 2, the first one (a group of ob-gyn) was going to collect $3000 for delivery and $250/visit. The second has a fee breakdown for delivery and payment of $250/first visit and $120/subsequent visits so we chose him because the first didn’t really explain his fees.
Well the doc she signed up with didn’t end up taking the delivery as he was away, so the ob on call did it. She paid $2200 for his fee, $500 for anaesthesia and total hospital( fee was $8800

There were also some other small fees but I can’t remember now. My advice is to research well, I was only able to get this information because I am a resident and I kept telling them that she’s my sister. Birth tourism isn’t very popular here

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by debsol: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hello daks02,
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wengerly(m): 1:15am On Jul 08, 2023
debsol:
Hello daks02,
How did you go about it, i am coming to calgary soon but don't know how to find a gyne. I will really appreciate if you can reach out to me.

When are you coming to Calgary?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by debsol: 8:28am On Jul 08, 2023
@daks,
Sept
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by msveenetter: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
daks02:
Hello everyone,
So my sister gave birth recently in Edmonton, just want to share some brief details.
I found a gynae for her before she landed, she got a referral from my family doctor, paid $120 for that. I called around and we shortlisted 2, the first one (a group of ob-gyn) was going to collect $3000 for delivery and $250/visit. The second has a fee breakdown for delivery and payment of $250/first visit and $120/subsequent visits so we chose him because the first didn’t really explain his fees.
Well the doc she signed up with didn’t end up taking the delivery as he was away, so the ob on call did it. She paid $2200 for his fee, $500 for anaesthesia and total hospital( fee was $8800

There were also some other small fees but I can’t remember now. My advice is to research well, I was only able to get this information because I am a resident and I kept telling them that she’s my sister. Birth tourism isn’t very popular here

Hi daks02, please DM the details of the gynae. I’m coming to Edmonton/Calgary to give birth and seeking an OB/GYN so that my family doctor can refer me to them. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hilome: 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hello @daks02 please my wife will be in Calgary first week of August, please I will appreciate every information regarding childbirth in calgary. I was told about a 15k deposit we have to make before anything.

daks02:
Hello everyone,

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2023
Hello everyone, I just had my bouncing healthy baby boy in oakville, how do I go about the passport processing and babys documents back to Nigeria? I want to go back last week of August, pls can someone just tell me the pages I can read on here to access the information? And then again my husband is not here am the only one here so I need a thorough information please help a sister🙏

Cc @hotsteppers and Co
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by IfyAbi: 11:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello Elizabeth,

I'd also like to know more please. I sent you a DM/Email

I’m currently in Toronto to give birth. Send me a DM and I’ll answer all your questions.[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Swithoni: 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
Is anyone travelling alone by end of August to Toronto? Let’s link up please.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mstomie: 1:15am On Jul 20, 2023
To apply for your child's passport, just go through this link and select the option that works best for you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/child-passport.html
moyomola22:
Hello everyone, I just had my bouncing healthy baby boy in oakville, how do I go about the passport processing and babys documents back to Nigeria? I want to go back last week of August, pls can someone just tell me the pages I can read on here to access the information? And then again my husband is not here am the only one here so I need a thorough information please help a sister🙏

Cc @hotsteppers and Co

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mstomie: 1:38am On Jul 20, 2023
Hi everyone, with the situation in Nigeria I know we are all looking for ways to give our kids another passport. I made a video talking about the process of giving birth in Canada, how i found the clinic I made use of and a bit of the birth process.

Please watch, comment, subscribe and share any feedback you might have. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294NbuLUTvM
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dora2007: 2:22am On Jul 20, 2023
Mstomie:
Hi everyone, with the situation in Nigeria I know we are all looking for ways to give our kids another passport. I made a video talking about the process of giving birth in Canada, how i found the clinic I made use of and a bit of the birth process.

Please watch, comment, subscribe and share any feedback you might have. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294NbuLUTvM

Any info on oby/gyne in Manitoba?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dora2007: 2:37am On Jul 20, 2023
Please does anyone have doc or gyne contact info for Manitoba Winnipeg

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mstomie: 3:09am On Jul 20, 2023
Yes,

for detailed information for doctors in Manitoba and any other questions you might have. You can book a One-on-One call via this link- https://dedeareghan.youcanbook.me/

dora2007:

Any info on oby/gyne in Manitoba?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Philomena101: 3:47am On Jul 20, 2023
Please does anyone have a contact at Nigerian embassy in Ottawa? I need to get my baby's ETC as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mstomie: 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hi, I do. You can reach out privately
Philomena101:
Please does anyone have a contact at Nigerian embassy in Ottawa? I need to get my baby's ETC as soon as possible.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
moyomola22:
Hello pls I need help fam, coming to the calgary to have my baby who is due ist week of August, seems child delivery in calgary is kinda difficult to come by, what i am seeing is some agency asking me to pay 15k upfront, pls I need help urgently uote author=DereI post=123557121]

I believe it depends on where in canada you’re planning on giving birth.

As for accommodation, I have an Airbnb in Calgary and anyone interested, feel free to dm me.

As far as you are giving birth in Calgary and you are an out of country patient ! You need to pay the 15k deposit to medicom for you to get a doctor and for the hospital to admit you except you want to pay through your nose .
I just had my baby in Calgary and I paid the 15k deposit , the hospital fee is different from the deposit so I am waiting for my bill .
I will share the break down when I get everything .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Philomena101: 6:56am On Jul 21, 2023
Mstomie:
I have sent an email
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NaijaBajanMum: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2023
Hello Mamas,

Looking to connect with 2 expecting mamas who are considering Barbados as an alternative destination for childbirth between October & November 2023 that have their UK visas already. I am exploring a collaborative Do-It-Yourself strategy between us as the Instagram Naija vendor agents offering these services are priced very high upward of $15k without flight tickets, compared to the prices I have investigated myself which can be way less than $10k.

I have established contact with a hospital over there, found reasonable priced short let apartments that can be shared but I am still looking to establish links with immigration over there for hassle free entry which is the last hurdle. I am not asking for anything from you, please note you would be making your payments directly yourself to the hospital and other points, I am just seeking companions on the missionary journey as to avoid the exploitation of our dear agencies here in naija ready to shave our heads on our quest for second passports for our kids.

Interested? email me at naijabajanmum-2023@yahoo.com so we can talk. Please only 2-3 serious mums needed.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
Mstomie:
pls can u also send to me I need as well
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by HasTee25: 1:25am On Aug 01, 2023
moyomola22:
pls can u also send to me I need as well

Please Fam … which visa is best advised to apply for (I’m 8weeks pregnant ) what type of visa did you use to gain entry 🤲🏾
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Philomena101: 3:45am On Aug 02, 2023
Please does my husband need to make an appointment before going to sign at the Canada embassy in Nigeria or he should just go when he's ready?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by henrogee(m): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
I will be travelling by October to Ontario to give birth. Please, I need assistance in getting accommodation
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Swithoni: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
henrogee:
I will be travelling by October to Ontario to give birth. Please, I need assistance in getting accommodation

Have you found any leads?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
HasTee25:

Visiting visa
Please Fam … which visa is best advised to apply for (I’m 8weeks pregnant ) what type of visa did you use to gain entry 🤲🏾

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.