Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684260 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Batool: 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
Did anyone go to toronto recently to give birth ? What about these new kiosks of immigration ? Do you have to decalre wanting to give borth in these kiosks ?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by WGCDDNE90: 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
WGCDDNE90:
Please can anyone share a Gynaecologist’s contacts in Surrey, British Columbia. Also, costs of giving birth there and their experience. It will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, please any help with this will be much appreciated. Still looking for a gynaecologist in BC and almost due and running out of time. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Abercrome: 3:36am On Apr 23, 2023
WGCDDNE90:

Hi, please any help with this will be much appreciated. Still looking for a gynaecologist in BC and almost due and running out of time. Thank you and God bless.

I’m also headed to Surrey, BC to birth my baby. I don’t have a gynecologist contact though. I was able to book an appointment with a family doctor and it’s after seeing the family doctor that he/she will refer me to a gynecologist.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by WGCDDNE90: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
Abercrome:

I’m also headed to Surrey, BC to birth my baby. I don’t have a gynecologist contact though. I was able to book an appointment with a family doctor and it’s after seeing the family doctor that he/she will refer me to a gynecologist.

Hi, okay please let me know how that goes and when you eventually find a gynaecologist. When do you arrive Surrey?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Elizaboc: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2023
Batool:
Did anyone go to toronto recently to give birth ? What about these new kiosks of immigration ? Do you have to decalre wanting to give borth in these kiosks ?

I did declare. I think it’s safer to do so especially if you are showing.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Elizaboc: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2023
Chiamaka18:
Hi every one
Please can any one share recent information on their birthing journey in Canada. I will like to know the estimated cost, how to book for a hospital, accommodation and any other useful information.
I will appreciated your responses. Thanks

I’m currently in Toronto to give birth. Send me a DM and I’ll answer all your questions.

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bimbss: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good evening everyone. Please I’m in need of a gynae in Barrie Ontario or anyone in Toronto. Please I’m very close to my due date and the pregnancy is high risk. Please can anyone help me out? 😫😫
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Abercrome: 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2023
WGCDDNE90:

Hi, okay please let me know how that goes and when you eventually find a gynaecologist. When do you arrive Surrey?

I’m yet to land. I’ll be landing next month. My brother booked the appointment for me. I’ll keep you posted.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ChabbyGee: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2023
Elizaboc:

I’m currently in Toronto to give birth. Send me a DM and I’ll answer all your questions.

Please ,I’m also interested in the details too, can you please send me your email address ?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 6:10am On Apr 27, 2023
Does anyone know how long it takes to register a birth in Calgary? Not birth certificate.
Just the process of registration takes how many days?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Happygirl5: 6:17am On Apr 27, 2023
Oleayo22:
No I don't have any info for Calgary. I am also seeking. I gave birth in Edmonton. You can check my story on this tread. I am looking for recent information from anyone.

Hi dear
Do you remember how long it took to register your baby’s birth in Alberta? Not the birth certificate
Only the registration because on the website it says it takes on average of 3 weeks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by haks86: 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
d7thcaller:

Birth certificate and passport was out within 3 weeks.
However, there is an expedited option for passport which will make the make to be out within 5 working days.

For hospital registration, its alot easier if you are already in Canada. Getting a doctor from Nigeria is pretty difficult but not impossible.

In my wife's case, when she got to Canada she had to google and called a couple of hospitals, made contacts before she got a gynea but it wasn't difficult.

Hello, could you guide how you were able to get the ontario birth registration done, obtain birth certificate and process passport in three weeks. Also, on the ETD from the embassy, did you have to travel to Ottawa or you mail the documents to the embassy and how long did it take to get the ETC. I am in Brampton, ON but plan to return to Nigeria within the shortest possible time after birth.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Kemz0019: 7:10pm On May 01, 2023
Please can you advise on how to getthe Canadian visa for purpose of giving birth?
haks86:

Hello, could you guide how you were able to get the ontario birth registration done, obtain birth certificate and process passport in three weeks. Also, on the ETD from the embassy, did you have to travel to Ottawa or you mail the documents to the embassy and how long did it take to get the ETC. I am in Brampton, ON but plan to return to Nigeria within the shortest possible time after birth.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AMA94: 6:33am On May 04, 2023
Hello People of God!!!!
Please I need guidance on how to run the process of giving birth in Canada. Can anyone help please??
My wife is about 15weeks gone already. Hope it's not too late to start.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:30pm On May 04, 2023
haks86:

Make it one month. 3weeks may be a bit tight. To avoid panicking
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MissRayyy: 10:47pm On May 09, 2023
Elizaboc:

I did declare. I think it’s safer to do so especially if you are showing.

Hello,

Please kindly help me with these details
1. What kind of visit visa did you apply for?
Tourist or Medical?
2. How long did you put in your application as the period you will be in Canada for?
3. Did you state in your visa application that you are pregnant?
4. How much did you put in your application?
5. Did the guys at POE stress you because you were pregnant?

Sorry for my plenty questions.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by missmalachi: 1:18pm On May 10, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please i need guidance to assist a friend who wants to birth in Canada. I’m a PR holder, resident in Ontario.
I’ve gone through the first page without seeing much.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by happyland(f): 6:56am On May 14, 2023
Elizaboc:

Hi, can we connect via email?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ebubena3: 11:44pm On May 17, 2023
Hello everyone I have a question. After birth in canada when is it advisable to travel back to my base, I live in the uk. But plan to give birth in canada . I heard immunization in canada is 2 months after birth

Any advice is welcome
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Letsgo20: 11:04pm On May 18, 2023
Hello house,

Please what is the duration of birth registration these days? I see a lot of folks say two weeks but it seems it is taking about 6 to 8 weeks to have the birth registered in Ontario. Please any help on this update?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Philomena101: 11:52pm On May 28, 2023
Hello everyone,
I just came into Canada last week for birth purposes. I got my visa in 2022 for visit purpose. I was not pregnant then so I didn't indicate for childbirth. After I got the visa, my husband and I visited Canada. When I later got pregnant, my husband and I decided to have the baby here in Canada. We followed this nairaland page and really got helpful information which is why I'm here to share my experience so far.
I flew with Lufthansa at 32 weeks. I got a fit to fly document from my hospital but when I got to the airport, the airline asked me to get a fit to fly from the airport's health department which I got for 3,000 naira.
I got to POE at Toronto and we filled some information on a computer and I filled that I will be around for 90days. Then I moved to being question by the CBP officials (two ladies)
Officer: Why are you in Canada?
Me: For visit and childbirth
Officer: Childbirth?
Me: Yes
Officer: How much do you have on you?
Me: 8,400 USD and the rest are in my account
Officer: Who do you plan to stay with and what's your relationship
Me: A family relative, he is my husband's friend from elementary school
The officer now used a pink marker to strike my form and directed me to immigration for secondary inspection (at this point my heart was beating a lot and I was just praying for God's mercy)
The immigration officer that attended to me was a man and he was so calm and nice. He asked me if I had enough money for childbirth, I said yes. He asked me how much, I said 8,400USD in cash, 9,000USD in my account and 12million naira. He asked to see the cash and bank statements for the money in the account. Then he asked where I'll be staying and I replied him. He asked why i was in Canada last year and i said my husband and i came for a visit. He stamped my passport and told me I'm free to go. (POE is not as scary as we think and giving birth here is not illegal, just show them you are prepared financially and won't be a burden on the government)
I'm staying at Vaughan, Ontario with a family and I have met a family doctor. I was asked to go for some bloodwork tests and ultrasound.
I'll be back to post my childbirth expenses when I deliver.

10 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 12:16am On May 31, 2023
[quote author=Happygirl5 post=122433477]Hello

Can anyone please suggest a good cheap GP or OB/GYNAE in Calgary area? I will be traveling specifically to SE area.

I’ve read almost all the posts but most of the info has been posted 5years for Calgary. There’s a new system there that has been established for birth tourists. Any idea please?
Has anyone experienced delivering in Rockyview or South Health Campus?

I am also in Calgary presently trying to get an OBGYN and I had to call a number and they insisted for me to get one I need to deposit 15k .
I have an appointment with a family doctor soon hopefully I get a contact.
I will update you soon !
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 7:17pm On May 31, 2023
OmoBendel24:

Braving it all! Kudos.... Great sacrifice for the unborn child, yourself and all you are passing these information to. #PrettyBoldSteps
Hello,
Pls do you still have contact in Calgary because I am desperately looking for a doctor badly
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 7:19pm On May 31, 2023
WinterMama:

Any chance you could share this contact please?

Pls were you able to get a doctor in Calgary?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ydforlife: 1:05am On Jun 02, 2023
Ydforlife:

Hello,
Pls do you still have contact in Calgary because I am desperately looking for a doctor badly

I haven’t found a doctor yet but I saw a family doctor today that will refer me to an OBGYN tomorrow. It’s really stressing me as no one has any information for Calgary 😔.
I will update you if anything . 🤞
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Philomena101: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
@hotstepper Pls I sent you a mail with no response yet. I'm in Vaughan, Ontario and need help with getting a gynae. Pls I'll appreciate your response ma'am.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2023
Ydforlife:

I haven’t found a doctor yet but I saw a family doctor today that will refer me to an OBGYN tomorrow. It’s really stressing me as no one has any information for Calgary 😔.

When I gave birth, this was the process:

1. Regular visits to the family doctor until time for Oby gyn

2. Regular visits to Oby gyn who sent my information to the hospital where I’d have my baby.

3. Hospital called me with information they received and information I need to know.

4. On day of delivery, went to hospital and had baby.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2023
Ydforlife:

I’m in Calgary
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2023
[quote author=Ydforlife post=123477986][/quote]

What part of SE? I’m in SW (Deep South) near SE
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
Happygirl5:
Does anyone know how long it takes to register a birth in Calgary? Not birth certificate.
Just the process of registration takes how many days?

I’m in Calgary. Had my kids here too. What do you mean by process of registration?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
Chiamaka18:
Hi every one
Please can any one share recent information on their birthing journey in Canada. I will like to know the estimated cost, how to book for a hospital, accommodation and any other useful information.
I will appreciated your responses. Thanks

I believe it depends on where in canada you’re planning on giving birth.

As for accommodation, I have an Airbnb in Calgary and anyone interested, feel free to dm me.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 6:44am On Jun 09, 2023
Hello pls I need help fam, coming to the calgary to have my baby who is due ist week of August, seems child delivery in calgary is kinda difficult to come by, what i am seeing is some agency asking me to pay 15k upfront, pls I need help urgently uote author=DereI post=123557121]

I believe it depends on where in canada you’re planning on giving birth.

As for accommodation, I have an Airbnb in Calgary and anyone interested, feel free to dm me.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.