Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684082 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hello all, pls i need a Nigeria personel working in passport office in Ottawa, I need to get ETCfor my baby so I can travel with her . [quote author=moyomola22 post=124852007][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Bjsky: 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hi Elizabeth, please I will appreciate if you can share details of hospital and doctor used in Ontario.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Bjsky: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2023
[quote author=Elizaboc post=122727303]

Kindly share the details of the hospital, doctor and bill.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by moyomola22: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
moyomola22:
Hello all, pls i need a Nigeria personel working in passport office in Ottawa, I need to get ETCfor my baby so I can travel with her .

Pls anybody with a contact pls help me
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by isentropic(m): 5:49am On Aug 05, 2023
Please have you gotten any contact in winnipeg as regards this.My wife is planning to visit winnipeg for this Please,I sent you a PM.

dora2007:

Please does anyone have doc or gyne contact info for Manitoba Winnipeg
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by isentropic(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
Please I need anyone with a doctor contact in Winnipeg,manitoba.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ExpectingMama: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello Everyone,

My US visa was cancelled recently and now I am planning to apply Canadian visa for baby birth using visitor visa.
Any advice if I should declare I am planning to give birth in Canada in visa application or hide that fact?

Also, are visa officers asking for Canadian hospital acceptance proofs before granting visitor visa?

Any insights are highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lucipee: 2:58am On Aug 06, 2023
isentropic:
Please I need anyone with a doctor contact in Winnipeg,manitoba.

Name: DC Obstetrics & Gynecology
address: 47 Marion St, Winnipeg, MB R2H 0S8
phone: (204) 925-3600

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dora2007: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2023
isentropic:
Please have you gotten any contact in winnipeg as regards this.My wife is planning to visit winnipeg for this Please,I sent you a PM.

No dear. Am still looking out for online assistance...
Seen one sent by Lucie..
I replied your email
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dora2007: 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
Lucipee:

Name: DC Obstetrics & Gynecology
address: 47 Marion St, Winnipeg, MB R2H 0S8
phone: (204) 925-36

Thanks so much for this..

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by To3i(m): 6:47am On Aug 10, 2023
Hi,
My girlfriend is about 4 weeks pregnant and i want her to have the child in Canada.
What are the best options and part to take please.
As it is our 1st child is it possible for her mum to accompany her to Canada as we have zero idea on how to nurse the baby, what type of visa should she and her mum apply for?
Will she have issues at POE?
I will accompany them or meet them there, im British so i do not require a visa and if i fly with them from nigeria sef they might separate me from she and her mum.
Please help.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by happysisi: 11:24am On Aug 10, 2023
Have you thought of Visa on Arrival for the child?

moyomola22:
Hello all, pls i need a Nigeria personel working in passport office in Ottawa, I need to get ETCfor my baby so I can travel with her .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by happysisi: 11:31am On Aug 10, 2023
Hey everyone. Good to see this page is still waxing strong. Been years I haven’t been here smiley
This is Hotstepper by the way. I just don’t know why NL changed my name for me lol.

Have a blessed day everyone .

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AsaChuka: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2023
happysisi:
Hey everyone. Good to see this page is still waxing strong. Been years I haven’t been here smiley
This is Hotstepper by the way. I just don’t know why NL changed my name for me lol.

Hello, still waiting for your reply on Whatsapp😭
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Deronke1: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
Please can you travel back to Nigeria if you still owe the hospital for childbirth 850 cad?

Or you'll have trouble at immigration
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by qgfd: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hi. How are you doing? please I really need your help. I am 33 weeks pregnant and I am in Calgary. They are asking for a deposit of 15k cad for doctors fee (not covering the hospital and other bills ). So, I am considering moving to Edmonton.

Please can you help me with your contact. Please. Thank you....

Please it's urgent.

daks02:
Hello everyone,
So my sister gave birth recently in Edmonton, just want to share some brief details.
I found a gynae for her before she landed, she got a referral from my family doctor, paid $120 for that. I called around and we shortlisted 2, the first one (a group of ob-gyn) was going to collect $3000 for delivery and $250/visit. The second has a fee breakdown for delivery and payment of $250/first visit and $120/subsequent visits so we chose him because the first didn’t really explain his fees.
Well the doc she signed up with didn’t end up taking the delivery as he was away, so the ob on call did it. She paid $2200 for his fee, $500 for anaesthesia and total hospital( fee was $8800

There were also some other small fees but I can’t remember now. My advice is to research well, I was only able to get this information because I am a resident and I kept telling them that she’s my sister. Birth tourism isn’t very popular here

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by petillante: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hi guys,

Please I really need help. I am stuck in Calgary and they are asking for the most ridiculous amount which I cannot afford.
I am 34 weeks already - please guys help me out with any info for any other province.

I am considering Dr ted in Toronto, however, he is on holidays , so I can't book an appointment. Please help me a sister out.
Those who have done this successfully please, I really need help - Oakville, Edmonton, Winnipeg.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Yrey: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2023
Hello daks02. Can you please dm the gyn's detail? I will be coming to Edmonton laterin the year
daks02:
Hello everyone,
So my sister gave birth recently in Edmonton, just want to share some brief details.
I found a gynae for her before she landed, she got a referral from my family doctor, paid $120 for that. I called around and we shortlisted 2, the first one (a group of ob-gyn) was going to collect $3000 for delivery and $250/visit. The second has a fee breakdown for delivery and payment of $250/first visit and $120/subsequent visits so we chose him because the first didn’t really explain his fees.
Well the doc she signed up with didn’t end up taking the delivery as he was away, so the ob on call did it. She paid $2200 for his fee, $500 for anaesthesia and total hospital( fee was $8800

There were also some other small fees but I can’t remember now. My advice is to research well, I was only able to get this information because I am a resident and I kept telling them that she’s my sister. Birth tourism isn’t very popular here
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by petillante: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2023
Hi Hotstepper, please I will appreciate it if you can help with suggestions of gynaecologist in Ontario. Thank you

happysisi:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AsaChuka: 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2023
petillante:
Hi Hotstepper, please I will appreciate it if you can help with suggestions of gynaecologist in Ontario. Thank you

[quote author=petillante post=125251623]Hi Hotstepper, please I will appreciate it if you can help with suggestions of gynaecologist in Ontario. Thank you
Have you found any? I am interested too. Especially in Oakville, Ontario
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AsaChuka: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
petillante:
Hi guys,

Please I really need help. I am stuck in Calgary and they are asking for the most ridiculous amount which I cannot afford.
I am 34 weeks already - please guys help me out with any info for any other province.

I am considering Dr ted in Toronto, however, he is on holidays , so I can't book an appointment. Please help me a sister out.
Those who have done this successfully please, I really need help - Oakville, Edmonton, Winnipeg.

Thank you
Have you found any especially in Oakville please?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by eyonkposong: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
I am currently in Hamilton, Ontario. If anyone needs a gun and a hospital there. I am available to help

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RizSmiles: 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
qgfd:
Hi. How are you doing? please I really need your help. I am 33 weeks pregnant and I am in Calgary. They are asking for a deposit of 15k cad for doctors fee (not covering the hospital and other bills ). So, I am considering moving to Edmonton.

Please can you help me with your contact. Please. Thank you....

Please it's urgent.

Can younshare your leads?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RizSmiles: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ydforlife:

As far as you are giving birth in Calgary and you are an out of country patient ! You need to pay the 15k deposit to medicom for you to get a doctor and for the hospital to admit you except you want to pay through your nose .
I just had my baby in Calgary and I paid the 15k deposit , the hospital fee is different from the deposit so I am waiting for my bill .
I will share the break down when I get everything .

Hi are you able tomsharebyour bill? Has any of the 15k been refunded?

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RizSmiles: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
d7thcaller:

Everything was about 11,000cad.

Note:
Hospital stay for mother and child was 8000cad (two nights), so if you stay only one night it will be 4000cad
Other fees; epidural, etc was about 3000cad or thereabout.

Hope these helps.

May I ask which hospital?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mp3ggy: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Elizaboc:

I’m currently in Toronto to give birth. Send me a DM and I’ll answer all your questions.

Hi Elizaboc, I tried sending you a message. I am interested in giving both in Toronto as well and would really love your your insight
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
daks02:
Hello everyone,

You’re right. Enough research is required
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RizSmiles: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hello,

Can you share your expenses and share which hospital you went to? Thank you

Philomena101:
Hello everyone,
I just came into Canada last week for birth purposes. I got my visa in 2022 for visit purpose. I was not pregnant then so I didn't indicate for childbirth. After I got the visa, my husband and I visited Canada. When I later got pregnant, my husband and I decided to have the baby here in Canada. We followed this nairaland page and really got helpful information which is why I'm here to share my experience so far.
I flew with Lufthansa at 32 weeks. I got a fit to fly document from my hospital but when I got to the airport, the airline asked me to get a fit to fly from the airport's health department which I got for 3,000 naira.
I got to POE at Toronto and we filled some information on a computer and I filled that I will be around for 90days. Then I moved to being question by the CBP officials (two ladies)
Officer: Why are you in Canada?
Me: For visit and childbirth
Officer: Childbirth?
Me: Yes
Officer: How much do you have on you?
Me: 8,400 USD and the rest are in my account
Officer: Who do you plan to stay with and what's your relationship
Me: A family relative, he is my husband's friend from elementary school
The officer now used a pink marker to strike my form and directed me to immigration for secondary inspection (at this point my heart was beating a lot and I was just praying for God's mercy)
The immigration officer that attended to me was a man and he was so calm and nice. He asked me if I had enough money for childbirth, I said yes. He asked me how much, I said 8,400USD in cash, 9,000USD in my account and 12million naira. He asked to see the cash and bank statements for the money in the account. Then he asked where I'll be staying and I replied him. He asked why i was in Canada last year and i said my husband and i came for a visit. He stamped my passport and told me I'm free to go. (POE is not as scary as we think and giving birth here is not illegal, just show them you are prepared financially and won't be a burden on the government)
I'm staying at Vaughan, Ontario with a family and I have met a family doctor. I was asked to go for some bloodwork tests and ultrasound.
I'll be back to post my childbirth expenses when I deliver.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RizSmiles: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hi daks,

Can you share the hospital and clinic your sister went to? Good research for your sister!! smiley

daks02:
Hello everyone,

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Francesslarry: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
[quote author=Bjsky post=124864642][/quote]

Hi, please I would love these details as well.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DereI(f): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2023
Any mama coming to Calgary soon? I might have a short term place for ya…

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.