Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683748 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
Why would you? I’m heavily pregnant too and I’m traveling with my 14 months daughter.
Hotstepper:

Please dont talk like this oooo....after all the wait nd u want to stay bk. You will just be fine. do u have anyone to leave ur son with?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
I do not understand ur reply?

lynniebabes:
Why would you? I’m heavily pregnant too and I’m traveling with my 14 months daughter.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
lynniebabes:
The new passport is ready at Nigerian immigration . I used the one with my fathers name to apply for visa online . The new passport will be activated with my thumbprint, I have not collected it, I’m still skeptical. The passport I have now will expire in 15 months.

I think you should submit both and then add a cover letter. Better still take both to VFS and explain this. It would make more sense if they stamped the new passport so you have 5 years visa instead or reapplying after a year
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ok great I will go and collect my new passport tomorrow then merge it together and praying for the best. Hope it won’t delay anything. I’m 36 weeks already.
gingalady:

I think you should submit both and then add a cover letter. Better still take both to VFS and explain this. It would make more sense if they stamped the new passport so you have 5 years visa instead or reapplying after a year
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hehehehe sorry . Not for you �
Hotstepper:

I do not understand ur reply?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
lynniebabes:

I applied for visit visa online two months ago, and I got a message on Friday that my visa was approved.
I also applied to change the name on my passport three weeks ago. I changed my surname to my husbands name.
My current passport which I used to apply for my visa expires in April 2020. In 1yrs and 4 months.
The question is which passport should I take to vfs for visa collection?
And also how many days does it take for Canada embassy to return your passport?
Thanks

I wondering how you were able to get a new passport whilst the current one was not physically cancelled.
I honestly doubt that you will be allowed to use a different passport number from what you used for your application especially since your current passport isvalid tilL 2020.

My point is that you can't have 2 valid passports so I'd say stick to the passport you used to submit your application since I'm presuming it has or been cancelled, if it has then use the new one.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2018
No it hasn’t been canceled as I have not picked it up from immigration
salsera:

I wondering how you were able to get a new passport whilst the current one was not physically cancelled.
I honestly doubt that you will be allowed to use a different passport number from what you used for your application especially since your current passport isvalid tilL 2020.

My point is that you can't have 2 valid passports so I'd say stick to the passport you used to submit your application since I'm presuming it has or been cancelled, if it has then use the new one.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 5:18am On Dec 18, 2018
lynniebabes:
No it hasn’t been canceled as I have not picked it up from immigration

I think this your approach/trick has been poo-pooed previously on this thread, unless things have changed, it won’t work. The travel document you applied with is the one they will affix the visa sticker to, and it’s validity won’t exceed travel document’s validity.

Dunno if an escape route for this has been created, or if there are exceptions now. All the best!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 5:56am On Dec 18, 2018
flgd:
Hello, have read your previous messages, seems you didnt state child birth while applying for thrle Canadian visa, please confirm same and also if they asked about giving birth at POE or if you mention it to them. Thanks..
Yes I applied for visiting. But at the point of entry, they asked my husband our purpose and he said vacation and childbirth.
He said its not illegal to give birth in Canada but if we have enough funds. Husband told him we have over 10000cad, and he asked us to go declare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Please what page on this thread. So I can read about it. Thanks
OmoBendel24:

I think this your approach/trick has been poo-pooed previously on this thread, unless things have changed, it won’t work. The travel document you applied with is the one they will affix the visa sticker to, and it’s validity won’t exceed travel document’s validity.

Dunno if an escape route for this has been created, or if there are exceptions now. All the best!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Colouredgirl: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
Glad to see this thread moving..Blessings to all contributors..Amen
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Colouredgirl: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
During application..did you include an invite letter from any PR in Canada?..thanks
Oleayo22:

Yes I applied for visiting. But at the point of entry, they asked my husband our purpose and he said vacation and childbirth.
He said its not illegal to give birth in Canada but if we have enough funds. Husband told him we have over 10000cad, and he asked us to go declare.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Colouredgirl:
During application..did you include an invite letter from any PR in Canada?..thanks
Yes we included letter of Invitation from a friend who's a student.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
lynniebabes:
Please what page on this thread. So I can read about it. Thanks

Honestly no name change was expedient at this time. Immigration will cancel your old pas sport that's standard practice.

Since you're already 36 weeks pray vfs let's you submit new passport for visa fix. They won't put visa on a cancelled passport.

All the best
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
salsera:

Honestly no name change was expedient at this time. Immigration will cancel your old pas sport that's standard practice.

Since you're already 36 weeks pray vfs let's you submit new passport for visa fix. They won't put visa on a cancelled passport.

All the best

Even if they accept affixing the visa stamp on the new passport, visa validity won’t exceed the old passport validity date, unless things have changed. So, I’m trying not to sound exact on this however....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Christine77: 12:01am On Dec 19, 2018
Good job to all the contributors on this thread. Glad to see some activity!
Congrats to all the moms with their approved visas in good time and wishing you all a safe delivery.
@hotstepper thank you for all the help you render, God will surely reward your efforts.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by heymama: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hotstepper:

plz be advised that Oshawa is not in Toronto..They r not in the same city as its about 45 mins drive

I don't have anybody to give me invitation letter. Please can I continue just like that or must I get an invitation letter. The visa is for child birth mainly.
I, my husband and daughter are applying.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Colouredgirl: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
Ok..thank you!
Thank you @hotstepper
Thanks to all contributors
Oleayo22:

Yes we included letter of Invitation from a friend who's a student.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hotstepper:
Thank you for the analysis. My family friend that came to give birth, budgeted 10k dollars and she ended up paying less than 4k and it's CS ooo nd in Toronto. People undermine CANADA and run to the US yet Canada is better, cheaper etc

madam hotstepper pls can u give me details.. I want to apply but don’t ve any info on Canada
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
Nonkala:
madam hotstepper pls can u give me details.. I want to apply but don’t ve any info on Canada

Pls I need advice on ds..
1 applied for USA drop box but was scheduled for an interview on 20 February after holding my passport for 6 wks.
I want to start applying for Canada cos of what US is doing and rejecting visa.. am already 22wks but don’t even know how to start..what visa wld I be applying for.or shd I just use an agent for 200k asides visa fee to prepare all documents though I prefer filling d form myself but don’t know any body in Canada.can I be approved for visa in 6wks and can I get my passport before d USA interview..pls suggestions are needed!!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Read up oh, and ask questions that reflect same, you will get free help from here! Don't part with your money to any agent, that's all I have to say. Very dangerous ones are mostly even here on NL.... A word they say is enough for the wise

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
u do not IV from anyone here to be able to apply. Mist ppl apply without IV letter

heymama:

I don't have anybody to give me invitation letter. Please can I continue just like that or must I get an invitation letter. The visa is for child birth mainly.
I, my husband and daughter are applying.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 2:24am On Dec 20, 2018
Tks for ds info, pls wch hospital and state is ds..don’t ve idea of any hospital or state. No relation or friend in mind
clans:
I had my first in the US and had a valid visa. So when I took in a second time I was ready to travel but on the second thought I wanted to spend a while in the country and decided to renew before traveling lo and behold I was denied.
Fast forward to applying for a Canadian visa within a space of 2 months before it won't be safe to fly. We filled the form went to drop it off and ended up spending the whole day because of a lot of mistakes. To be clear we declared birth tourism, admitted to being rejected a visa for US and attached so many documents. Prayed and kept our fingers crossed while making arrangements that worst case baby would be born in Nigeria (after all I was born here).
To our greatest surprise 20 days later got the email for pick up and visa was approved.
The Search began.
At this point we didn't have any information and the thread was not as informative as I wanted (yes I like eating my cake easily ). However we had family in Saskatchewan but when I heard the flight time,weather, no doctor was responding to my emails or calls, rejecting international patients and the family had so much going on in their life, I decided to look elsewhere.
I visited a maternity service provider here and she sounded nice also showed me her package for Ontario which looked reasonable to me.the big huddle was getting my hubby to agree to which he had his skepticism. He did a lot of research called and emailed a lot of doctors in the Ontario area mind u unlike the US system where anyone can have access to gynecologists the case is different for the Canada system. You would need to get a referral from a family doctor after the first 3 months before a gynecologist would accept you. So we had that challenge however we were able to get 3 doctors to give a partial acceptance, send their bill via email but only one was willing to give an appointment date.
Looking for accommodation became the next problem most homeowners didn't want a pregnant foreign woman without ties in their home and Airbnb we couldn't get any child friendly at a reasonable price.
Fast forward to the night before our flight, I was able to get my husband partial consent to engage the service provider here. I paid her that night and got her agent's name and number.
THE JOURNEY BEGAN.
Left Nigeria had a 12 hour layover and got into Canada. Filled the landing card,used the automated machine and proceeded to the immigration officer. The conversation was as follows
Me:Good evening.
Officer:Good evening. Welcome to Canada. Can I have your passport.
She went through and was like what are you in Canada for.
Me: to give birth.
She paused looked at me and typed something in her computer.
Officer: looking at my landing card. She was like u have an excess of 10k canadia dollars in cash.
Me:no some cash,most in cards.
Officer: then you don't have an excess of 10k.
Me: Sorry.
Officer: Do you know that its very expensive giving birth here and do you have a doctor.
Me: yes and I came financially prepared based on my research. I also have 3 doctors shortlisted and willing to accept me once am in the country . I would settle based on final cost reduction.
Officer: types and handed over passport. Congratulations in advance (with a smile).
Went to a hotel cooled off,slept,showered and ate.
Moved into the accommodation arranged by the service provider (story for another day).Used a doctor in Toronto arranged by the service provider
COST BREAKDOWN.
Doctor :1320
Doctor visit: 30$ per visit(had a total of 5)
Hospital mother: 2620(per day)
Hospital baby:850(per day)
To be paid in full before delivery day.
Ended up having a CS so paid Doctor an extra 1250,anathestia 1000 ,spent 3 days in the hospital, pediatrician asked for 350(but ended up taking 100) Family doctor for referral (60).

BABY DOCUMENTS
Hmmmm Canada post was on strike so it was a mess. Took 15 plus days to get birth certificate and registration even with the expedited which cost 35$(excluding money spent to fax,call,email and Express mails).
Passport was expedited also with proof of travel and cost 110$. Called the airline added baby to ticket and applied for Visa on arrival (NB: cash,Nigerian cards not accepted only accept foreign cards)
thanks to hotstepper for the food and all the advise.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 2:32am On Dec 20, 2018
Pls help me out too cos am just confused..don’t know anywhere in Canada..Had my kids in US and was just rescheduled for interview..let me have details of affordable hospitals
Will highly appreciate..tks
MrsBMWM90:
Hi Oleayo22,
I sent you an Email, reply. I have read from page 1- end, I can provide the details you need that I got from here but am sure @hotstepper would be the best for accomodation.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
It’s just 84 pages madam..I am sure if you read through you will find names of f hospitals and states where they are located..then come up with specific questions
Nonkala:
Pls help me out too cos am just confused..don’t know anywhere in Canada..Had my kids in US and was just rescheduled for interview..let me have details of affordable hospitals
Nonkala:
Nonkala:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Even if they accept affixing the visa stamp on the new passport, visa validity won’t exceed the old passport validity date, unless things have changed. So, I’m trying not to sound exact on this however....

Of course not (to the latter part) old passports validity is irrelevant since it will be cancelled.
As long as she gets it affixed on new passport it'll be fine.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
If I had all the time to read tru, I wldnt be asking.. i didn’t get such info from d pages I read.it’s quite urgent and ve a tight schedule. I needed to apply ASAP
Sparkle1515:
It’s just 84 pages madam..I am sure if you read through you will find names of f hospitals and states where they are located..then come up with specific questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.