Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (686762 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:27am On Jan 01, 2019
Yes

jossy404:
Please I want to confirm if the letter of invitation will also be addressed to the Deputy High commisons Lagos

Thanks for your usual help

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by agates: 5:21am On Jan 01, 2019
rainazoe:
Please can someone give a step by step breakdown on how naija Visa on arrival works. We only have snippets of it on the thread. Especially for moms without their husbands abeg.

I need this info too please
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Chayil18: 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Thank you

Hotstepper:
Canadian Deputy High Commission Lagos
Telephone: +234-1-271-5650. Fax: +234-1-271-5651. Email: lagos@international.gc.ca
If you want to send to abj office, replace abj where lagos is.

If it is the VAC email ..Helpline email:  info.cannig@vfshelpline.com

Btw, found all these online with just 1 search like canada consulate office in Nigeria

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Thank you
[Aquote author=Hotstepper post=74339854]
Yes

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Perence: 8:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Awwwww, there is nothing incriminating about going to give birth, I have friends that did it, and they got there visas. I actually got my visa a year before I got pregnant. So will just mention it to the immigration officials. It is well, God will see you through.

[quqote author=fruitfulie post=74284208]

Good morning my sister. I am due in May and at this point I am really getting worked up. I am seriously fighting anxiety.

My lilttle brother is a PR and I do not in anyway wish to implicate him by not fully declaring I am coming to give birth. He is aware of my stand but he feels declaring it may hinder my chances.

I would like to find out the following

Have you gotten your Visa...
Are you travelling with your family...
Is it possible to fill vacation and birth tourism on a single application form. If no how best can I indicate my main intention of giving birth.
Have you gotten your reserved flight ticket without payment.
Can you share your budget sheet and statement of purpose with me. [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2019
Chayil18:
Any luck with this pleas....

“Thank you for your inquiry.

Our records indicate that you applied for a different purpose of travel during your recent interview and/or DS-160 form submission. As your purpose of travel has now changed significantly to include medical treatment in the United States, you will need to return to the Consulate for a second interview. Please note that your visa is not valid for travel at this time.

For your second interview, you should bring all available information related to your planned medical treatment including correspondence with your doctor, the estimated cost of the procedure(s), any receipts showing prepayment for care, and evidence that you have the ability to pay for all costs while in the United States up to and including living expenses for yourself and any dependents. If the purpose of your travel is childbirth, you should also include a detailed birth plan.

If you have received any kind of medical treatment in the United States on previous visits, you will also need to bring evidence of payment of all fees and charges incurred to the interview. You should note any discounts or price adjustments received and indicate the source of these adjustments if known.

Regards,

Lagos Consular Section Chief”

THE ABOVE IS WHERE THE AMERICANS ARE AT, SINCERELY WILL ADVISE YOU PEOPLE TO JETTISON THIS APPROACH ASAP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
OmoBendel24:

“Thank you for your inquiry.

Our records indicate that you applied for a different purpose of travel during your recent interview and/or DS-160 form submission. As your purpose of travel has now changed significantly to include medical treatment in the United States, you will need to return to the Consulate for a second interview. Please note that your visa is not valid for travel at this time.

For your second interview, you should bring all available information related to your planned medical treatment including correspondence with your doctor, the estimated cost of the procedure(s), any receipts showing prepayment for care, and evidence that you have the ability to pay for all costs while in the United States up to and including living expenses for yourself and any dependents. If the purpose of your travel is childbirth, you should also include a detailed birth plan.

If you have received any kind of medical treatment in the United States on previous visits, you will also need to bring evidence of payment of all fees and charges incurred to the interview. You should note any discounts or price adjustments received and indicate the source of these adjustments if known.

Regards,

Lagos Consular Section Chief”

THE ABOVE IS WHERE THE AMERICANS ARE AT, SINCERELY WILL ADVISE YOU PEOPLE TO JETTISON THIS APPROACH ASAP.

Hmm interesting! Is this in response to the famous change of intent letter?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 3:22am On Jan 03, 2019
mizGene:

Hmm interesting! Is this in response to the famous change of intent letter?

Yeah, it is oh!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 5:24am On Jan 03, 2019
People pls respond na

rainazoe:
Please can someone give a step by step breakdown on how naija Visa on arrival works. We only have snippets of it on the thread. Especially for moms without their husbands abeg.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 5:34am On Jan 03, 2019
Flew Egypt at 35weeks plus and was sent to the airport health authority to get a fit to fly despite a letter from my Dr.

There was drama as the nurses said they can't give me one because their limit is 32 weeks. I cajoled and begged but they insisted they had had issues with issuing the fit to fly and a lady gave birth mid air which they had to repay the ticket.

I had to get my parent who accompanied me to the airport to join the begging and also write an undertaking that we would be liable if anything were to go wrong. Thankfully I landed CA safely.

Chayil18:
Hello all,

Please has anyone flown Egypt air in their 36 week?

Any idea on flight to Canada (not so expensive one though)....

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, it is oh!

shocked
It had to happen thanks to the abuse it was given. Downside is that innocent people will now suffer it
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Vickydicky: 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2019
Vickydicky:
Please can you help me with the details on how to apply,hospital and all the necessary things needed for visa application,I had my baby in usa before I don't know if is same processing thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by placebo(f): 8:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
@hotstepper please I sent you an email...many thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hello all. Please can anyone help with how I can get accommodation in Toronto. A one bedroom or two bedroom apartment for 2month?. Would be grateful for all the help I can get
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by agates: 12:14am On Jan 04, 2019
rainazoe:
People pls respond na

What I have done. Sent an application letter signed by me and my spouse, also attached baby s ticket and data page to the email on the website. Got a response next day to send parents data page and baby s birth certificate.. Just did that will keep you posted

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 12:16am On Jan 05, 2019
Thanks @agates

agates:

What I have done. Sent an application letter signed by me and my spouse, also attached baby s ticket and data page to the email on the website. Got a response next day to send parents data page and baby s birth certificate.. Just did that will keep you posted
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AbbieOseMD: 6:05am On Jan 05, 2019
Hi Everyone.
Please does anyone have any experience with giving birth in London, Ontario?
I’ve gone through thread and haven’t seen one.
Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MrsBMWM90: 9:58am On Jan 05, 2019
HI ALL. I AM ABOUT APPLYING. I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION PLEASE. ITS ABOUT THE PURPOSE OF TRAVEL FOR THOSE DOING THE ONLINE TRANSACTIONS. THEY ARE ASKING FOR FLIGHT TICKET. I TRIED TO DO A FLIGHT BOOKING ON HOLD BUT IT EXPIRES AFTER 48HRS. PLEASE KINDLY ADVISE HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Pamdazz: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2019
@Hotstepper I have heard a lot of wonderful things about you on this thread. I will be traveling to Canada in one week. Can you please send me your contact details, I want to get some vital information from you.

Looking forward to a prompt reply from you.

Pamdazz.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Pamdazz: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
FamilyforE4:

Yes, those amount quoted for mother and baby are for one day. The extra doctor’s fee if it turns out c:s is the 200$. Making it 1500$. Let just say for normal delivery is 1300$

Hello FamilyE4, please is the doctor in a Toronto hospital? What’s her/his name and hospital? Many thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beedee2016: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
Hello at hotsteppper. Pls I need your help. It's very urgent. Pls send me your no via my email address subairbdn@yahoo.com. thanks and God bless
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
MrsBMWM90:
HI ALL. I AM ABOUT APPLYING. I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION PLEASE. ITS ABOUT THE PURPOSE OF TRAVEL FOR THOSE DOING THE ONLINE TRANSACTIONS. THEY ARE ASKING FOR FLIGHT TICKET. I TRIED TO DO A FLIGHT BOOKING ON HOLD BUT IT EXPIRES AFTER 48HRS. PLEASE KINDLY ADVISE HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS.

Why not use an agent. They have a way around it.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:05am On Jan 06, 2019
MrsBMWM90:

Use it like that.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:08am On Jan 06, 2019
aye88:

Why not use an agent. They have a way around it.

They gat no way around it. Agents are also going to do the same thing:- max is 48hrs or 72hrs

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 12:22am On Jan 06, 2019
MrsBMWM90:
Print your itinerary after booking. They don't expect you to pay for the ticket already
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 12:29am On Jan 06, 2019
agates:

I need this info too please
The step by step detail is on Nigeria immigration website. Well detailed. If not coming with spouse, I think your spouse will have to go to the embassy and sign a form
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 12:34am On Jan 06, 2019
The spouse signing at the embassy ois for Canadian passport.

ozycy:

The step by step detail is on Nigeria immigration website. Well detailed. If not coming with spouse, I think your spouse will have to go to the embassy and sign a form

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by purplerain1: 9:29am On Jan 06, 2019
have u gotten an apartment yet?
aye88:
Hello all. Please can anyone help with how I can get accommodation in Toronto. A one bedroom or two bedroom apartment for 2month?. Would be grateful for all the help I can get
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by purplerain1: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2019
yes ooo
Perence:
Good evening everyone, please any mum travelling in May? Let's rub minds�
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
Names of drs has been shared here ...Kindly take time nd read plus other vital information

Pamdazz:

Hello FamilyE4, please is the doctor in a Toronto hospital? What’s her/his name and hospital? Many thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
Nobody as far as I can remember. why don't u ask ur host for help?

AbbieOseMD:
Hi Everyone.
Please does anyone have any experience with giving birth in London, Ontario?
I’ve gone through thread and haven’t seen one.
Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
purplerain1:
have u gotten an apartment yet?

No. Not yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.