Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (685811 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:42am On Jan 14, 2019
Congratulations! Where are you? it is good you are putting this up cuz of agents who tell people they can have baby plus accomodation etc for 6k or 5500CAD .

which city r u? Wow, baby's fee is on the high side thus why i advise people to.come prepared

Oleayo22:
So far I have paid the following bills;
Hospital - 2062.50Cad per day for baby
3972.50Cad per day for me
Peaditrician- 320Cad ( 60Cad first visit, 200Cad comprehensive visit, 60Cad subsequent visit after 7days)
I will get gynae's fees and epidural when I go for 6weeks check up.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 7:19am On Jan 14, 2019
I travelled at the week I did because US refused to grant me visa and so when canada came through, I did what was best for my child.
But iI would say that it's best not to travel with a toddler especially an active one except you are going with your spouse or mum. In my case, i travelled with my husband and both are going back pretty soon.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 7:26am On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=Hotstepper post=74739734]Congratulations! Where are you?

Am in Edmonton. I informed you on whats app when I had my baby. Though you may not know it was me.
Please ma, I need information on visa on arrival.
I have gotten baby's birth certificate and we are in the process of getting her Canadian passport tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DUPSYSPARKLE: 8:12am On Jan 14, 2019
Hotstepper:
Hello Everyone! Happy New Year. I hope everyone is doing great.

I said I was going to clear up some things since it is becoming rampant with mums who come in to have their babies.

I know there are agents in Nigeria who are in this thread who get people from here as clients and there is nothing wrong with but but please try and paint a better picture.

Now my observation plus experience from mothers who came in nd reached out to me, thus why I decided to take out time to clear up issues. It is 8:45pm Eastern Time.

1.Make sure you can comfortably sponsor your childbirth trip.

2. Please Canada is NOT US. You can see my "NOT" is all in Capital. Please if you are not ready for Canada, stick to the US. They are 2 diff countries with 2 diff policies. While US is a Capitalist country, Canada is a Social Welfare State. Canada has free medical and US does not so Canada has a one -tier health care system. Drs here can do without international patients and be very fine.

3. Let no agent tell you that you can have a baby in Canada plus accomodation, omugwo, pick up nd drop off for 6000 CAD..7000 sef will not be enough.

4. If you are going with an agent in Nigeria who probably has not been to Canada ( most of them now add Canada to their plan cuz Canada is now hot for childbirth),make sure u know exactly what their services cover. Alot of things I did in 2018, I will not repeat it in 2019. If ur agent in Nigeria just collects ur money nd u come nd what u r told is not what u see,please manage it like that nd try and speak up so others will learn .

5. budeget atleast 1000/1500 for accomodation cuz it depends in the city u live in. Canada is very large so getting from point A to B is far. Toronto is like lagos, even if say u get a dr for 1500, ur accomodation might be the same price or more and that is if you see. I know someone who paid 80 dollars a day on Airbnb nd couldnt cope after 2 weeks then contacted me and I know how i tried to find acxomodation for her.

6. If you are aware you are preggy, please try and start yoir visa application on time. most people says they travelved at 36 weeks to the US plz dont try it for Canada unless it is really not ur fault cuz its war finding drs on a normal day then imagine at these stage of ur pregnancy.

7. If you are coming with kids,please most times do ot expect to be in 1 bedroom in somebody's house. Also have in mind thar even the no of people renting a place, determins the cost cuz landlord will factor light nd water bill and that is if you find as most people do not like taking people with little kida esp if he or sge lives in the house. Also, if you MIL, Mum or hubby will not be around,make sure u have arrangement for someobe who will look after the kids while u head to the hopsital. DO NOT DEPEND ON UR HOST U MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW. You cannot take the kids to the hospital with u because there are changes they will be taken away from u. Saying this cuz it almost happened to someone 3 or 4 months ago. I knoe someone that her hubby had to buy last min flight cuz of the condition of his family and had to lodge them in a hotel until they left canada so you can imagine

8. Do not be in a hurry to go and if you may,then u must start ur documentations on time, right away .

Enjoy ur week .

Thank you for taking out time to write this God bless you and yours
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:04am On Jan 14, 2019
forgive mr dear, names everyday so hard to remember everyone but yes I remember u nowsmiley

Oleayo22:
I travelled at the week I did because US refused to grant me visa and so when canada came through, I did what was best for my child.
But iI would say that it's best not to travel with a toddler especially an active one except you are going with your spouse or mum. In my case, i travelled with my husband and both are going back pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hotstepper:

I said I was going to clear up some things since it is becoming rampant with mums who come in to have their babies.

I know there are agents in Nigeria who are in this thread who get people from here as clients and there is nothing wrong with but but please try and paint a better picture.

Now my observation plus experience from mothers who came in nd reached out to me, thus why I decided to take out time to clear up issues. It is 8:45pm Eastern Time.

2. Please Canada is NOT US. You can see my "NOT" is all in Capital. Please if you are not ready for Canada, stick to the US. They are 2 diff countries with 2 diff policies. While US is a Capitalist country, Canada is a Social Welfare State. Canada has free medical and US does not so Canada has a one -tier health care system. Drs here can do without international patients and be very fine.

3. Let no agent tell you that you can have a baby in Canada plus accomodation, omugwo, pick up nd drop off for 6000 CAD..7000 sef will not be enough.

4. If you are going with an agent in Nigeria who probably has not been to Canada ( most of them now add Canada to their plan cuz Canada is now hot for childbirth),make sure u know exactly what their services cover. Alot of things I did in 2018, I will not repeat it in 2019. If ur agent in Nigeria just collects ur money nd u come nd what u r told is not what u see,please manage it like that nd try and speak up so others will learn .

5. budeget atleast 1000/1500 for accomodation cuz it depends in the city u live in. Canada is very large so getting from point A to B is far. Toronto is like lagos, even if say u get a dr for 1500, ur accomodation might be the same price or more and that is if you see. I know someone who paid 80 dollars a day on Airbnb nd couldnt cope after 2 weeks then contacted me and I know how i tried to find acxomodation for her.

6. If you are aware you are preggy, please try and start yoir visa application on time. most people says they travelved at 36 weeks to the US plz dont try it for Canada unless it is really not ur fault cuz its war finding drs on a normal day then imagine at these stage of ur pregnancy.

7. If you are coming with kids,please most times do ot expect to be in 1 bedroom in somebody's house. Also have in mind thar even the no of people renting a place, determins the cost cuz landlord will factor light nd water bill and that is if you find as most people do not like taking people with little kida esp if he or sge lives in the house. Also, if you MIL, Mum or hubby will not be around,make sure u have arrangement for someobe who will look after the kids while u head to the hopsital. DO NOT DEPEND ON UR HOST U MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW. You cannot take the kids to the hospital with u because there are changes they will be taken away from u. Saying this cuz it almost happened to someone 3 or 4 months ago. I knoe someone that her hubby had to buy last min flight cuz of the condition of his family and had to lodge them in a hotel until they left canada so you can imagine

8. Do not be in a hurry to go and if you may,then u must start ur documentations on time, right away .

Enjoy ur week .

Kudos to you madam for this piece.

Hurry to where pls?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
To go bk to Naija. I understand that some people have to go bk to work but atleast give 3 weeks to make sure baby's docs r all ready

folmus:

Hurry to where pls?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hotstepper:
To go bk to Naija. I understand that some people have to go bk to work but atleast give 3 weeks to make sure baby's docs r all ready

Thanks!!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
[b][/b]@hotstepper....thanks alot for a thorough breakdown....pls am still waiting for your reply o

folmus:

Hurry to where pls?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2019
u welcome..Reply from me?

Shilohzmum:
[b][/b]@hotstepper....thanks alot for a thorough breakdown....pls am still waiting for your reply o

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
[b][/b]

@Hotstepper....yes o...asked questions concerning my fears days ago.Like (1)is having a printout of appointment with the gynea proof enough for the POE officer?(2)at 33weeks and bump showing although wont be that obvious wit a winther Jac on,should I straight up say am here for visiting and childbirth? Abi visiting till asked further why with above 10k ?I hv read contradicting views...I don confuse o..... coming this month end

Hotstepper:
u welcome..Reply from me?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
[/b]

Lastly is dr Ted the cheapest so far affiliated with Humber u know for vag birth??

Shilohzmum:
[b]

@Hotstepper....yes o...asked questions concerning my fears days ago.Like (1)is having a printout of appointment with the gynea proof enough for the POE officer?(2)at 33weeks and bump showing although wont be that obvious wit a winther Jac on,should I straight up say am here for visiting and childbirth? Abi visiting till asked further why with above 10k ?I hv read contradicting views...I don confuse o..... coming this month end

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by globalresource: 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lovely thread
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lakomsy: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2019
Hi Everyone, I am currently applying for visa via online.

Where you have what's the main purpose of visit. I selected others as advise on the group but I can't find where to add additional information which will state vacation and birth tourism.

Secondly, There a question that says do you depend on someone for financial support. I said yes since my husband and I will be Sponsoring the trip. I am the main applicant. I don't know if my answer is right or wrong.

Please assist if you have used the online application..
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 12:58am On Jan 15, 2019
Tks hotstepper and Oleayo for d update

I think u wl see d space for additional info on d resident visa form.one of dos IMM.. ds Canada application is not easy oo..
For me I chose visit but wl note in d form, no for financial support since I am d main applicant but Will stl add his stmt to mine since his bal of funds is higher dn mine and dr is no option for him to upload his stmt as dependent. will have to edit and say yes to business on his behalf cos of his stmt too..
Better experienced responses needed too
Thanks.

Lakomsy:

Where you have what's the main purpose of visit. I selected others as advise on the group but I can't find where to add additional information which will state vacation and birth tourism.

Secondly, There a question that says do you depend on someone for financial support. I said yes since my husband and I will be Sponsoring the trip. I am the main applicant. I don't know if my answer is right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 1:02am On Jan 15, 2019
Please house for d use of family representative IMM 5713 do I ve to print, write in ink and scan to upload and also

Is dr any possibility of getting more dn a year visa as hubby passport will expire in a year reason y I also decided to be the main applicant.

I included my daughter as a dependent and never filled she wl be studying in Canada but got one custodian form, shd I ignore or do I ve to submit notary or what.

Thanks

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 2:11am On Jan 15, 2019
Hotstepper:
forgive mr dear, names everyday so hard to remember everyone but yes I remember u nowsmiley

I understand , can I chat u up?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:09am On Jan 15, 2019
ok sure

Oleayo22:

I understand , can I chat u up?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Evagreenfields: 8:31am On Jan 15, 2019
Hotstepper:

Enjoy ur week .

thank you hotstepper for this eye opening post. I planned getting pregnant this year and was trying to work with all them naija birthing agents with budget of max 8k cad (flight inclusive)

it will also help if other women who have employed the services of naija birthing agents write reviews about them here and how truthful their quoted online prices are.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lakomsy: 9:10am On Jan 15, 2019
Thank you.. Still filling though. I will go through it again before submitting.

I am thinking of adding my Pension statement.. will it help?

Nonkala:
Tks hotstepper and Oleayo for d update

I think u wl see d space for additional info on d resident visa form.one of dos IMM.. ds Canada application is not easy oo..
For me I chose visit but wl note in d form, no for financial support since I am d main applicant but Will stl add his stmt to mine since his bal of funds is higher dn mine and dr is no option for him to upload his stmt as dependent. will have to edit and say yes to business on his behalf cos of his stmt too..
Better experienced responses needed too
Thanks.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Obylo1: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
Thanks Hotstepper for this piece.

Pls I have some questions which I will value ur answers:
1.Pls what should one budget for a three months accommodation cost if u are renting a place for just u (traveling alone). I intend staying in Manitoba area.
2. Would I be required to pay or show proof of payment for the accommodation before applying?
3. How much shd one budget for the whole childbirth fees both gynea n hospital/paed
4. Pls give a good estimate of total reasonable funds one shd budget for childbirth trip if u traveling alone.
5. If am traveling alone is it ok for hubby to transfer lump sum to my account before I get and upload my statement ( will that raise any eye brow)? I stated in d application that I depend on him for financial support.
6. Am 32weeks gone and trying to rush this after US denial but didnt state childbirth as I intend to do so at d Port of entry. Will that be a problem?

Pls I need your urgent response to make final decision.

quote author=Hotstepper post=74739325]Hello Everyone! Happy New Year. I hope everyone is doing great.

Enjoy ur week .[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by teamchocolate: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hello everyone, pls I wanted to know if Canada visa application for trv has an expedited service in which you pay extra like is done in the UK visa application centres. Thank you so much. I have applied in the last 10 years so no need for biometrics.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
teamchocolate:
Hello everyone, pls I wanted to know if Canada visa application for trv has an expedited service in which you pay extra like is done in the UK visa application centres. Thank you so much. I have applied in the last 10 years so no need for biometrics.

No, they don’t. Rather, none that I know of anyway....

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
At 32 wks try and submit by tomorrow, if u know what u budget for US it wl be enough, she already said 1k average for a monthly accommodation
Just do hotel reservation on booking.com
Ur hubby is ur sponsor just attach ur stmt and his wt his being d first.. equally attach ur marriage cert as a proof

My advice.

[quote author=Obylo1 post=74783294]Thanks Hotstepper for this piece.

Pls I have some questions which I will value ur answers:
1.Pls what should one budget for a three months accommodation cost if u are renting a place for just u (traveling alone). I intend staying in Manitoba area.
2. Would I be required to pay or show proof of payment for the accommodation before applying?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Obylo1: 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for d response Nonkala. I applied as the principal applicant but answered that I require financial support from someone. I also answered no that hubby and kids are not going with me. Pls note: that I responded that I have no job and no business, so sponsorship will be from hubby. Is there need he transfers the money for d trip to my account before I get my own statement? Or just upload his and mine the way it is. Also does this application for me alone stand a chance or we shd apply as a family?

Nonkala:
At 32 wks try and submit by tomorrow, if u know what u budget for US it wl be enough, she already said 1k average for a monthly accommodation
Just do hotel reservation on booking.com
Ur hubby is ur sponsor just attach ur stmt and his wt his being d first.. equally attach ur marriage cert as a proof

My advice.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by teamchocolate: 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2019
OmoBendel24:

No, they don’t. Rather, none that I know of anyway....

Thank you so much for your quick response. I checked their entire site too and didn’t find anything as regards that.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Pamdazz: 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hotstepper:
which passport?

@hotstepper Sorry just seeing you replied me, thanks. It’s the Canadian passport after birth. Thanks. Please also will need your contact. Mine is ugstarcie@yahoo.com
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
Lakomsy:

I think if your hubby has more finance, business or ties, he should be the main applicant so you can add up his documents. If otherwise, you can go ahead and be the main applicant.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
Pls can someone help me out wt ds question thanks
Nonkala:
Please house for d use of family representative IMM 5713 do I ve to print, write in ink and scan to upload and also

Is dr any possibility of getting more dn a year visa as hubby passport will expire in a year reason y I also decided to be the main applicant.

I included my daughter as a dependent and never filled she wl be studying in Canada but got one custodian form, shd I ignore or do I ve to submit notary or what.

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 3:40am On Jan 16, 2019
Nonkala:
Pls can someone help me out wt ds question thanks

The problem is you are using whatssap shorthand to write and some of your questions are not clear. The first yes. Fill out the form and print and sign and then scan and upload

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Acisky(m): 7:19am On Jan 16, 2019
Good morning everyone, 1) Around how much should I have in my account for being the sponsor and that of my wife?.
2) if I transfer lump sum to my wife account won't that be an issue ?, Thanks in advance?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2019
Tks folmus
Pls for those that applied wt kids, did u get any form on custodianship.

folmus:

The problem is you are using whatssap shorthand to write and some of your questions are not clear. The first yes. Fill out the form and print and sign and then scan and upload

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.